Love, Family, and Betrayal Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Logan felt himself blacking out, but he forced himself to remain awake. There was no place he would rather be than with the woman he loved.

*****

Melody was exhausted, drained, but content. Feeling Logan's cum inside her again felt like scratching an itch or eating after a day without food.

Logan pulled out, kissing her shoulder as he did so. His smile this time could best be described as 'post-coital bliss.' He was happy, and happy he had delivered pleasure to her too.

The rest of the shower passed with tender kisses and touches. True to Logan's prediction, the water was still warm when they finished. After the flow was switched off, several fans switched on to begin pumping the steam out. As they stepped into what felt like a different world, her orgasm-fuzzy brain had a random thought: her hair was wet.

"I wish I had some new brushes," Logan said as he looked through various drawers. "We'll add that to the list of things to get tomorrow."

Melody nodded numbly.

She made do with a simple comb. Her hair probably wouldn't look the best, but she couldn't complain. Logan certainly didn't complain about watching her naked. Even knowing there was no hope of another round, he seemed content to silently observe her beautiful body.

By the time her hair was reasonable, she was unbelievably tired. Her eyes were begging her for a rest, and she felt like she weighed several tons. The couch beckoned louder than ever, but her limbs resisted moving.

"I'm tired," she said in her most weary voice. She'd have to force herself to move, but then she wondered if the floor would really be that bad. Everything else in Logan's house had been surprisingly comfortable.

Logan stepped in by gently scooping her up and carrying her to his bed. She used the last of her strength to roll over and settle into a deep sleep.

*****

The bed she was in was so amazing that she wasn't aware of when the thought first appeared. By the time she realized she was awake, it had been circling around for God knows how long.

Fitting, because getting her head on straight was easier said than done.

When Melody knocked on Logan's door, she hadn't dared to hope for anything more than shelter. Three-course meals, fancy beds, futuristic showers, and mind-blowing sex had not been on her list of things to expect. It was all overwhelming.

Logan loved her. Of that, she was increasingly certain. Now that Melody had a chance to think, the warmth and affection on his face were impossible to miss. It reassured her, yet also terrified her at the same time.

Despite everything that happened, part of her still loved her husband. Even after everything he'd done, her heart just wasn't ready to let go of the past. But she knew fully well that Logan was her present. The two were intertwined yet irreconcilable, leaving the future murkier than ever.

What did she feel? And who did she love?

It was her growling stomach that interrupted her thoughts. Melody had no idea how long she had been asleep, and she couldn't find a clock anywhere. For that matter, she couldn't even find her clothes.

She'd instinctively clutched the sheets to cover her nudity while her eyes scanned the room. Nothing. After resisting as long as she could, she was forced to abandon the protection of the bed to search the bathroom. Still nothing.

Feeling uncomfortable naked in front of anyone but her husband was a finely tuned instinct in Melody, but her stomach was putting up a fair fight against her natural shyness.

I guess it's not like my modesty is worth much after everything else I've lost, she thought despondently.

She reached the door, hoping to find Logan and get her clothes back as quickly as possible. After turning a few corners, her ears picked up a faint voice. In the back of a cleared living-kitchen-area-thing was Logan. Sitting down, facing a window, and just as nude as her.

"Hey, Sherry."

Melody's heart dropped. Tears formed almost instantly. Sherry? Logan had another woman!?

She wasn't even dressed yet. She'd thought for sure Logan was beginning to love her. If he'd moved on so quickly... if he'd never even loved her to begin with... her heart simply couldn't take another blow after Cody.

It was all over.

Her desperate struggle to survive was all for nothing.

"Hey, Logan."

That was a woman's voice, but it had an unmistakable mechanical tone to it. Rushing into the room, she saw that Logan was only talking to a smart speaker, not a person.

"What's up?"

"Quite a bit," Logan admitted. They made small talk for several minutes while Melody listened from behind before Logan finally asked, "Listen, do you think I could pay you to take tomorrow off?"

"And why would you need to pay me to do that?" she laughed.

"Because I have something I need your help on, and I think it could benefit from your expertise."

"Go on."

"Well... I've got this lovely young girl staying with me named Melody. Since it looks like she'll be here for a while and she doesn't have any clothes other than the ones she's wearing, I'm guessing she'll need some new ones. Since you know a bit more about women's clothes than I do, I was hoping you could take her shopping while I pick up some other things."

< gasp >

"Logan!" Sherry exclaimed in a scandalous voice. "You mean you finally found someone?! This is great! How did this happen? You know I've already tried—"

"Sherry," Logan interrupted in a firm voice. "Don't. This is why I wanted to call you.

"The poor girl's been through a lot. Don't assume anything about her or anything else. What she does or does not tell you about our relationship is her business. Understand?"

Melody had never heard Logan talk that way, and from the pause before she answered, neither had Sherry.

"Oh, sorry."

"That's part of why I'm asking you this, Sherry," Logan said. "She needs some support. I'm hoping you can reach out and try to help her."

"Wow. She's really that important to you?"

"Ugh, Sherry, you've been one of the best friends I ever had. You've been invaluable to the business, and I'll never be able to replace you. If you bring Melody home feeling shaken or disturbed, I will fire you on the spot."

Melody thought it wasn't possible to fit that much passion into such a matter-of-fact tone, but apparently, she was wrong.

"Understood, boss."

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" Logan asked more gently. "You don't have to do it if you don't want."

"Are you kidding? Now I'm definitely on board. No way I'm turning down something this interesting."

"Great. See you tomorrow, Sherry."

Logan ended the call shortly afterward. When he was done, he turned around and smirked when he noticed Melody standing in the room.

"Hello, sleepyhead, you heard all of that?"

"Yeah," Melody admitted, embarrassed. She felt the need to explain herself for eavesdropping. "I thought you were talking to another woman."

"Oh, you don't need to worry about that," Logan laughed loudly. "You're the only woman in my life now. I promise you that."

That was his 'cross my heart, hope to die' smile.

"Ummm... where are my clothes?" she asked.

"I put them in the washer. Since you don't have anything else, we'll need to make sure they're clean for tomorrow."

"What should I wear for the rest of the day?"

"We can find you one of my shirts and some pants." Then he paused and let his eyes blatantly run up and down her body while he switched to his 'mischievous grin' smile. "Or we could just skip clothes for the rest of the day."

Oh boy, Melody thought.

*****

Dedicated to all domestic abuse victims. Please consider donating to a shelter or organization. If you see someone with suspicious patterns of bruising, be aware that is often a common sign of abuse.

If you enjoyed reading this, please follow me and/or this story. Seeing the number of favorites my story has or the new followers I've gained always makes my day.

Until next time, here's your daily facts:

1. Walt Disney World is the world's second-largest purchaser of explosives. (Business Insider)

2. The 'Krabby Patty' in SpongeBob SquarePants is actually a veggie burger. (CinemaBlend)

3. Porn accounts for around 10% of the Internet. (Psychology Today)