All Comments on 'Management Failure'

by MacHardy

Sort by:
  • 72 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 3 years ago

Too much of a fairy tale. If he had that much integrity and honor he would NOT have cheated in the first place. Also, considering what he did very doubtful she would gave forgiven him. Lastly, you never explained how she got hurt. It went from her being in the storage room to her in bed and injured - doesn't make sense.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sometimes btb means burning the bastard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good drugs for everyone!

LWlurker

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 3 years ago

Using his position as sales manager is blackmail and makes consent meaningless: IOW, he raped her and everyone else he coerced.

He should be in jail, not getting another chance.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 3 years ago

This is all over the place. Is Henry schizophrenic? How can he have two completely different personalities?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

trash. a plastic fairy tale poorly done

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

Silly story, too disjointed and clumsy

1/5

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

Poor woman was subject to gaslighting from every angle. The way the story is structured almost makes it feel like it condones this guy coercing his subordinates into sex and then pimping them out to others. Pretty distasteful all around and no redeeming values to be found.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a disgusting author.... these are the type of typical male cuntpueces who belive that it is a male previlage to fuck around abd the spouse needs to accept it! The lesser these types of characters remain better for the world!

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 3 years ago

No bitches burnt, no witches cast into the village pond and a lot of heavy lifting for the errant husband. It's a good story and is probably something that happens many, many times. 5* read.

mattenwmattenwalmost 3 years ago

He's a cheater who not only slipped once but with all the salesgirls and who even infected his wife and the others with STD. That is not to be forgiven. I can't understand how you can always excuse such disrespect?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really? The man cheats, blackmails the sales women who work for him, and everyone take his side? Really? This couldn't be worst!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Gosh, Downton Abbey goes erotic. I wonder if Mary got her "virginity back" after Mr. Pimook! Way too stiff and the whole forgiveness charade was less than believable. Well, cheerio - I'm off to the steeplechase!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow. I'm not sure what to say. You need an editor to start with, people don't talk in those dialogues. And the story, I just can't see it happening that way, that's why I don't write LW stories. But when you can't even garner a single follower for each of the stories you've submitted, maybe you should re-think what you're doing.

LenardSpencerLenardSpenceralmost 3 years ago

"Can we make a new beginning?" Charlene says "Yes, as soon as my STD is clear and as soon as I have had sex with about 20 different men to make up for all the cheating my slut husband did!"

"Once that has been done then I will consider us equal."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

WTF - A man coerces, (ie. sexual assault) and pimps out young women to financial gain, then gives his wife a sexually transmitted disease. He is a criminal not some overworked hero. An arrest, a jail sentence, and a divorce would have been the logical conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She would be an idiot to take Henry back. He has much more to prove before I'd trust him. This is the worst RAAC case! She'd be better off by herself and the kids, and looking for a etter man if he exists.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 3 years ago

I couldn't finish. The dialog was horrible, nobody talks like that.

skruff101skruff101almost 3 years ago

Ditch the bastard, no cheater male or female is worth any consideration, remorseful or not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A gullible wife, some flowers .. and he can start over! What a bullshit! 1 star for this cuck writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Garbage! and who the fuck speaks like your characters do?! 1*

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 3 years ago

Torn. I can see how the character can forgive, but the story doesn't work if the protagonist is a modern minded strong woman. It seemed she was for a bit, but then she allowed herself to be a typical victim. The type that persuades themselves that he'll never hit me again or he surely won't cheat again. I'll give it 3, I didn't hate it but I wish she had stood her ground.

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 3 years ago

Sadly, unsatisfactory storyline (reconciliation can be real and meaningful, but this outcome is unreal and stiff, not to mention unrealistic business decision at close of story), character development (Charlene comes close to being 3-dimensional, but others, including Henry, not so), and lacking erotica. Of course, maybe the author wrote this tale as a parody.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Trust and respect are gone. They should try ,but the outcome is very dubious at this point.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very poor sentence structure and I hate a cheater. This has the bastard being rewarded for serial cheating and rape by coercion. I gave it 2 stars for effort but in hindsight I greatly overrated it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

WTF?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

burn the son of a bitch don't take him back life will be better without the cheater it will happen again once a cheater always a cheater hell he gave her the clap and one wonders how many others got it as well you should have expanded that so we know how many he infected and the hell with all the people that wanted her to keep the bastard

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Great story!!! Love conquers, and TRUE love and forgiveness conquers ALL! 5/5!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Incredibly bad

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Garbage-One Star. Nothing more needs to be said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

WTF? This story was made for a BTB. No woman, in her right mind, would have accepted this situation. There would have been holy hell rained down on his head. This man needs jail and a serious butt whopping. Go back and redo this story. You have a potential great story if you think it though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I thought it was a lot better than the indicated score. So I gave it 4 stars to help it up a bit. Should have been 3.5 really, but we have to work with what we've got.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Stilted dialogand improbable reactions Please try again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Hey, let’s write a story where a sexual predator is supported by everyone until the victim is kowtowed to go along.

GhostdogginGhostdogginalmost 3 years ago

Haha let me play devils advocate for the raac hating btb crowd that hasnt mentioned it yet cause it's a female cheating victim "what a cuckqueen she is". Now I like a good reconciliation if done right but not a fan of raac. This guy is a disgusting pos and deserves to be burned at the stake right after being John Bobbitted. Lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story is so absurd it boggles the mind. The protagonist is not only a serial cheater, but a rapist and a pimp as well. The author then has this man announce his sordid behavior to the organization's entire staff, thereby shaming his victims, not only making them out as sluts, but also announcing that they are infected with a venereal disease. And the writer does not even seem to consider obvious legal consequences to his hero and to the company!!

FireFox59FireFox59almost 3 years ago

At least most of the commenters agree that this needed to be BTB...burn the bastard. Henry needs to not only be burned in a divorce he also needs some jail time. Can you say...sexual predator?? Charlene also needs to distance herself from her mother. What kind of woman would tell her daughter that boys will be boys and she should just suck it up and go on?? 2* from me for the bullshit RAAC to a sexual predator and that is actually what Henry is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is not a love story, this is a stupid nonsense situation. -5

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Well that was something, but I do love what are either trolls or misogynistic trash (and there are many here) that have little issue when its the husband doing it. Really ruins any validity they have in future wasted comments.

That said, the story itself may have been good but the actual writing felt stilted and quite often not really the way folks would actually talk to each other.

LakeeriegoatguyLakeeriegoatguyalmost 3 years ago

Let me get this straight. A sales manager forces co-workers to have sex with customers, and himself, all his dirty secrets are revealed, and then he gets a promotion, while all of their friends encourage the wife to forgive her husband? That woman needs to RUN. Get a new zip code, and new friends, and the company needs to be sued by all the women involved!!!

Thanks for the effort, but it only deserves 2 stars...

clarkgarbleclarkgarblealmost 3 years ago

Shouldn’t it be titled ”Doormat Wife Is Betrayed By Everybody? Jesus Horatio Christ.

timrivtimrivalmost 3 years ago

Rules for thee but no for me! Usual double standard story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a load of horseshit. Her mom advises her to just forgive him? Wash her face and put on some new make up and move on with life? Her friend the doctor advises her to just over it? I mean he did feel real bad. And he picked her up when she fell. And dang it...he was ready to defend her against any bad guys...except he was the only bad guy in the whole story? But that her friend telling her to just get over his cheating.

And his boss? Ummm...he had a sales manager who was coercing and fucking new sales personnel. And then pimping them out to clients to get more sales? And his boss reorganizes the entire sales department and puts the offending, guilty party in charge? Doesn't fire him. Does not get sued by Marna or Sherry or any other women in the sales department? No charges filed?

I guess since he sent them yellow flowers and said he was sorry for turning them into company whores...all was forgiven.

As for someone talking about true love winning out. Since she could forgive him so easily? Again. Horseshit. It'd never happen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Pure unadulterated poppycock at every level. Congratulations, my first 1*...

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

He screwed around and gave his wife the clap.

And just like that he ask for forgiveness...

Mere words. Wife should divorce and clean him out.

Then let him do the heavy lifting of wooing her again.

But first Burn The Bastard.

Fire cleanses as the Bible says.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is British culture, right? Marriage is not that sacred or devoted to the Brits, its more of a convenience and a social/business arrangement.

The character of the husband was definitely Mr. Potato Head construction, where he's a lying cheating selfish manipulative arrogant bastard when he selling and fucking, then those parts get pulled off and the author plugs in the compassion and remorse and devotion and tenderness and complete commitment and sacrifice for his wife and family. Is there a better version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde than this depiction? And that story was science fiction.

So we have lots and lots of words, and remorse, and promises, versus the actual actions and behaviors. So for months if not years the wife was completely fooled by a serial cheating man-whore, infected with a venereal disease that could make her sterile, and a husband and larger family and friends who wanted her to just suck it up and forgive the asshole. She's wishing in one hand, and he's shitting in the other. Let's hope she pays more attention and makes better choices.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

idiotic!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Henry cheats, turns his coworkers into whores and brings a STI home to his Wife. Now everyone sings his praises and wants the Wife to forgive. No. Everyone sucks here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She really needs new friends! He is clearly a manipulative bastard and should be given the elbow. Then sued for every penny by his victims. And her mother is probably the worst of them!!!

xMulexMulealmost 3 years ago

Hmmm... Infidelity pays.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 3 years ago

What hypocrisy? If the sexes were reversed in this situation, virtually the entire LV nation would be screaming to BTB. But guys cheating, forcing sex on others, giving STD is all forgiven. What happened to sexual harassment laws? The story is a 1*.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 3 years ago

Henry was a criminal and should have been arrested.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Are you kidding with this?! I honestly cannot believe this story. The cheating, scumbag husband is backed by everyone and the innocent wife is pressured into taking him back!!! That is UNBELIEVABLE!!! The person who said this would no doubt be a BTB story if the genders were reversed is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!! This is terribly insulting to women.

I love RAAC stories when the reconciliation MAKES SENSE! When the adulterer has been sufficiently punished and atoned for their actions. Stories like this make a mockery of the person being cheated on and really of the entire story. Like I said, unbelievable and extremely upsetting!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What?...Wait?... Please tell me this takes place in the old Superman comics Bizarro world! Please!? So much is wrong with this story, suspension of belief too strong! PRESSURE IN MY HEAD! THE DUCT TAPE IS FAILING!!! .....BOOOOM!!!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 3 years ago

I believe your biography. It would be difficult for an earthling to make this big of a mess out of what purports to be a story. Your claim of being an alien makes more sense than what is written here.

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulayalmost 3 years ago

Dude, Henry is not just an asshole, but an abuser. Did the last 4 years pass you by since the me too movement? Forcing your staff to sleep with you if they want to be able to progress is fucking criminal and wrong.

And also he was just saying stuff because he didn't want her to be mad at him. He didn't accept his actions and their consequences, he was still trying to avoid them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
just trash

I can't believe I wasted time reading this. Hasn't nearly every other author written something with the very same story line.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

I like Mordbrand's comment as he said it the way I'm not able to. Henry was a total sleaze, and Charlene should have burned him down. LW men don't , and should not, forgive their cheating wives so readily.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok. Almost all stories on the site, is of a woman cheating. With the roles reversed, I think she should burn the bastard. No way he loves her, and he is a Narcissistic, serial cheater, who uses his job and authority, to pimp out woman, He should rot in hell!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

So her mother and all her friends told her that cheating is something to overlook, and work through it. A good parent, or real friend, would listen to her; help her identify her options; discuss pros and cons; and not tell her what to do.

The MD didn’t say Henry’s cheating was wrong, only his business ethics.

Charlene lives in a world gone sideways. Given that family and friends failed to listen, Charlene should have sought psychological help before committing to work through it - if only to validate her concerns, and provide coping strategies for any decision she might make.

GrandEagle53GrandEagle53over 2 years ago

She caved in to pressure. Didn't care for it. He gives her the clap and she forgives him? don't think so.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

Only thing missing was Jim Jones and tthe LSD. This is the first story I have read where the husband cheated. His excuses where worse that any wives excuses. He fisrt dsmissed it then confessed and faked contrition. Also what a horrible ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Weak ass story. The author not only can't stay on point he doesn't know what the point is. he writes like a cult follower wannabe with blinders. His grammer is above average, his word usage is below mediocre, and he rushes the story like it has a time limit. Absolutely not worth the read. Not one character with an ounce of moral fibre. What happened to those women he screwed? I guess the author doesn't care about rape and that is what happened.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So ...he pimps out sales team members and it's all okay with a bunch of flowers?

Actually that's jail time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Two stars, by the way. Also, Chlamydia is not the Clap. Gonorrhea is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Those sales reps should sue the company. They got flowers the sexual predator got a promotion.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Ummm, as a number of writers (sadly, not all) pointed out, Henry didn't cheat, he pretty much raped a large number of women, a fact which the characters in the story somehow ignore. Henry was not just unfaithful, he was a criminal, and the writer has everyone act as though he was just another cheater (I guess his boss sort of acknowledged Henry had coerced the women, but he didn't really care much). What an incredible pile of garbage.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperT8 months ago

I really love the wrtiting, very much so, that's what earned it 4* from me. But that wife would be called a whimp if she were a man, sry.

Jlyn1Jlyn14 months ago

What a joke this was. His actions were criminal. She accepts him back and he keeps his job. Everyone is cool with it. Unbelievable😡

IcarusascendingIcarusascending4 months ago

This was such a crap story. Started out well and then went down the toilet

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 2 months ago

Henry should have been fired and maybe brought up on charges. The girls could sue the company. Flowers don't even begin to make up for pressured sex and pressured prostitution. Can't just sweep this under the rug. Those girls will need long term counseling.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMacHardy@MacHardy
41 Followers
I'm a resident of Ankh-Morpork and member of the Writer's Guild . I recently discovered this interesting planet called Earth, where the residents (More than half delightfully female) are trying desperately to destroy themselves. Until they succeed I will be visiting, and tryin...