All Comments on 'Maybe not Everything... Ch. 03'

by KatherineRedHeart

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
jazzharpjazzharpover 1 year ago

You are right that this is your fantasy. And if others don't enjoy reading it, then they will soon stop reading it. I commented on Part Two that you should write whatever you want. I think you should write to please yourself.

I have lived in a polyamorous relationship, all of us living under the same roof. I don't think adding polyamorous to your tags would have made any difference. You haven't introduced any other loved ones to your narrative. Polyamory implies multiple loved ones, not casual sex with others.

You, or Sara, seems to want an open marriage so she can fuck whoever and whenever she wants, and Daniel shouldn't get jealous or won't because they will communicate and rinse their problems away.

Yes, you've said that Sara openly admits she is a slut and likes being called a slut and a whore. And Daniel is okay with that and is into her promiscuity. What you've shown us in the first two parts is Sara's fascination with being used at a gloryhole, just a wet hole to fuck anonymously. And she likes to fantasize about being gang banged.

You're tired of reading the same stories over and over about a guy and a girl and everything being fine until someone else is introduced and someone gets jealous. Well, you must not be reading stories in the right category because there are many, many stories in Literotica that depict couples happily engaging sexually with other partners.

You say it's depressing for poly people and makes it seem like the natural conclusion, instead of a product of lack of communication. Sometimes, in fact many times, no amount of communication can solve problems when people have different expectations about what being partners means to them. They will just split and go their separate ways. Jealousy doesn't necessarily play a part in this; they just disagree about things that are fundamentally important to them.

MediocreAuthorMediocreAuthorover 1 year ago

I noticed the absolute vitriol with which the previous chapter was received. I think the main reason was because it changed from Chap. 1 "Romance" to Chap. 2 "Loving Wives".

I think that the people who were interested in the story for the romance were put off by the change to a cuckold story.

But as long as you properly tag your stories, it's really up to the reader to pay attention. So far all of your stories have been properly tagged as far as I can tell.

I never down vote stories that contain stuff I hate, as long as it's tagged. That wouldn't be fair. If a story is tagged with stuff I hate, I either don't read it, or just don't vote at all if I'm still curious enough to read it anyway.

.

Nonetheless, this particular chapter was just more married impregnation stuff, and that's my jam

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Maybe the problem is that this story was not meant to go on for other parts. The second part didn't relate at all to the first, and the third is just a little better. This remind me a patchwork. I'd let the first part alone, that's was good enough as it was. But, as they say: "practice makes perfect".

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Get off your pedestal. That might improve your score. It's like you're trying to justify your actions.

Just write your story. I don't have a problem with sluts.

KatherineRedHeartKatherineRedHeartover 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you both, Jazzharp, and MediocreAuthor. Admittedly I let the comments on Chapter 2 get under my skin when I wrote that authors note, and I shouldn't have, considering we're all just strangers on the internet. I haven't written anymore of this story as of yet, so it'll be a while before the next piece is posted, and I think I'll stick to more things like this unless I have a particular idea in mind. I seem to do this well and I'm a sucker for positive feedback lol. I do have plans for them to find another person as a permanent spouse, but they are loose end goals, and I don't know how I'm going to get there as of yet, I'm a 'no outline, no beta, let's see what happens' kinda author because I'm doing it for fun. Anyways, I'm glad this was more to your tastes Mediocre, your positive feedback in particular has been really great on all of my fics.

MediocreAuthorMediocreAuthorover 1 year ago

Glad to help, Kathrine. As a fellow author, I know what it's like to be (or at least to feel) unfairly maligned because of your own writing choices.

In the second chapter of my only (as yet) published series, someone commented that the story was "sick and gross" for describing a noncon/reluctance scenario between a man and woman.

Sick and gross it may be... But it was in the noncon/reluctance category, and I tried my best to put all the appropriate tags. That commenter almost certainly 1-star'd the story, but why would they even bother reading it if they hate m/f noncon?

So yeah, dealing with unfair rating and comments is just something that seems to come with the territory when putting your art on display, regardless of medium.

.

Don't get me wrong, I personally much prefer Sara and Daniel as a monogamous couple, but if you decide to come back to these characters and have them become swingers or whatever, I'll just nod and go about my day. And I'll wait for you to write something different that I'm into. Lol

Keep up the talented work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One way to go on with this story, and given that the first part was much more appreciated by the readers, if compared to the second and third part, could be writing an alternative second part (other authors already did that) more coherent to the first and proceed from then. In my opinion the bad feedbacks, when constructive, are better than the good ones. Another opinion: better have an outline of the story and a good definition of the main characters profiles, from the start, so to maintain coherence through the parts; improvvisation could damage the story really bad. Last opinion: authors have of course the right to write whatever they want, but they are writing for the readers not fot themselves.

VincepetroneVincepetroneover 1 year ago

Ignore the haters, they always find something to be enraged about in the story. Example: “ Oh no , how could you let them toss a cigarette butt on the ground. You’re killing the planet!” For whatever reason these people seem to forget this is prose, a story, something that takes place only when eyes touch the written page. Carry on please, I love your story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Vincepetrone said -- Ignore the haters, they always find something to be enraged about in the story. Example: “ Oh no , how could you let them toss a cigarette butt on the ground. You’re killing the planet!”

-- I'll take "strawman" for 400, Alex. As for bad ratings, ultimately they are what they are. If you start a story and it suddenly takes a hard veer off in a different direction, you can expect ratings to drop. Is it your story? Yes. Are you allowed to write whatever you want? Yes. Are people allowed to provide negative feedback about it? *Also Yes.*

To be frank, the problem isn't the subject material. It's the meandering incohesive nature of it, and then a the post-hoc justifications. It's poor characterization and a rather obvious rationalization for self-insert fantasies. No worries, a lot of the borderline incel revenge-wank fodder does the same, just angrier. And you're absolutely allowed to write that way. Just don't expect good ratings on a public site, and you'll be fine.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous