Midnight Ep. 005: TREASURE

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Who's the tattooed hottie?" The blond with tats of her own flirted verbally. Caprice Comstock alias CC was 25 years of age, and leggy as all get out. Having been a biker's ole' lady for a few years she had her share of well-placed tats herself. On her own these days she was needy in every way. Big green eyes full of intrigue matched her perky 38C breasts, a second pair of peepers bulging at Nick's physique.

"A client of my aunt."

"Need help carrying that big ole' pitcher of tea?" Caprice smirked, "I'd be his client any day."

"He just bought Harbinger Shoals."

"Money man! Just my type." Men were her type, money an added bonus. "I got this." She takes the pitcher away from Midnight leaving the girl shocked by her sudden insistence. Following behind Caprice with a bowl of lemon wedges Midnight felt ill. Upon reaching the table Caprice bubbled up, "Here's your tea. New in town I hear." She brushed her hand against Nick's cheek without permission. Tilly frowned at the girl's overstepped actions.

Switching persona Nick smiled up at her, "Here to stay. Nice tats. Floral arrangement?"

"I was about to say the same of yours. I have more. Everywhere!" She winked.

"I bet you do."

"I bet you do too. Maybe we should show off sometime."

"Sounds like a good time." He grinned charming her with his smile.

"Midnight told me you purchased Harbinger Shoals. That's awesome. I used to party out there with my Ex and his friends."

"Really? So, you're the one that painted my upstairs wallpaper."

"Not muah! The place is spooky but that's the charm of it. My Ex... Ollie told the best ghost stories about that island, if you can call it that."

"Ghost's huh?" Nick began pointing at the floor knowing Midnight stood loitering behind the girl. Seeing him she edged around Caprice and sat the bowl of lemons on the table before kneeling. Caprice in her jabbering let her eyes follow her to the floor with a puzzled look. Continuing her ramble, she did her best to ignore Midnight. Tilly was growing concerned. Sheldon was growing an erection. Two for the price of one he thought of both girls.

"Yes. He's Santee Nation like Mrs. Cooper there. Midnight... down there." She wavered slightly as Nick returned his interest toward Caprice. "Ollie mentioned the island was a frequent hideaway for a pirate known as Captain Spry."

"Thought you were going to say Sparrow." Sheldon laughed, "But, hey I don't know Jack."

"That's cute." Caprice winked, "I think the full name was Abraham Spry. There's also the story of a Santee warrior that was banished to the Shoal's."

"I've heard that story." Tilly grew invested suddenly, "Nawtahnwi! My great grandfather told us the story of how he was banished for practicing dark arts, that he had learned from a so-called Spanish Druid. Celtic that is, but from Spain in the 1700's. I doubt that to be true, from what I understand Druid's were nonexistent in the 1700's. If he was, my guess is he was only referring to himself as one."

"I heard he could turn things into gold. That's why Captain Spry frequented the area, looking for gold."

"A fool's errand, Sweetie." Tilly shook her head, "For God's sake Midnight! Why are you on your knees?"

"I... am listening."

"Get up please." Tilly recommended, "I'm certain you're making Mister Sanchez uncomfortable."

"Not bothering me any. Stay put." He winked at Caprice, not Midnight.

"Well, it bothers me. Get up Midnight." Tilly growled. Nick sighed and motioned the girl to her feet.

"I'm Caprice by the way. But you can call me CC. Just... call me whatever you want." She offered Nick a hand to shake but he ignored it. Nick shocked her, instead of offering his name he insisted upon another.

"Sir!"

"Hello... Sir." She flirted shamelessly, Midnight confused as to why Caprice could call him Sir and she could not. Regardless Midnight stood up and hovered close.

"Free after your shift?" Nick asked Caprice.

"I am... there's nothing to tie me down."

"That might change." He winked.

"Oh, really?"

"I think I'm losing my appetite." Tilly sighed.

"We'll talk later." Nick motioned Caprice away with a nod.

"I'm off at 6:00."

"I'll be by then to pick you up."

"I'll need to change at home."

"Don't bother. You can shower at my place. Clothing is overrated." He knew Midnight was a sponge.

"I like your style... Sir."

"We'll see." He waved her away. Taking the hint Caprice went back toward the front counter to brag to Naomi about her date. Naomi instantly looked at Midnight, the girl was smiling. In her thoughts Naomi sighed not understanding why when she knew Midnight liked him herself, her thought on it was easy, "I'm lost."

Lunch was delivered five minutes later by Midnight who left them alone and went on about her job until they had finished their main course. Knowing dessert imminent she cleared their plates and told them, "I'll bring your pie."

Belching Sheldon rubbed his paunch and admired her wiggle. "Gotta say Sanchez, you have a way about you."

"Is that what we're calling it?" Tilly dabbed the corners of her mouth with a napkin.

"Blending into Caretaker...my way." Nick grinned.

"Caprice is a wild one." Tilly sighed. "Her man Oliver Heavy Feather... Ollie has a nasty rep on the Rez. Biker, bar room brawler, sells drugs I hear. At least she got away from him I'll give her that."

"Don't care." He reached into his wallet and passed Tilly another hand signed check. Taking it, she opened its fold to see the amount then closed it, putting it in her bra for safe keeping. Puckering toward Sheldon she sighs, "Your life Mister Sanchez."

"Exactly!"

"She likes it when I go after those checks." Sheldon like earlier used his fingers as if pinchers, but only with a W.C. Field's style flutter to them, Tilly held her palm over her chest preventing his thievery. "Backing it up." He withdrew chuckling.

"Dessert?" Midnight returned with their peach pie slices smothered in whip crème. By the way she approached them, almost as if a pregnant woman carrying a blissful burden Nick had a hunch, she caught on to his hint well. After resting the plates on the table Midnight kneels on her own and spreads her knees wide enabling Nick to look up her skirt. Sure, enough Midnight had whip cream smeared all over her pussy. Sheldon sensing something looks over the edge of the table as if she might have dropped something. Spying her creamy goodness, he flared his eyes just enough to make Tilly question why. Unable to witness it herself being trapped by her build and Nick's body she just rolled her eyes.

"That's what's needed." Nick held up a kept bread knife implying that she required shaving crème to shave herself properly. Midnight understood and waited on Nick to motion her to her feet.

"Pie looks delicious." Sheldon winked at Midnight who seemed to be relaxed even though she knew her Uncle had seen her private parts. Nodding at her to leave Midnight returned to the register to print out their check. Head waitress Naomi moving next to Midnight winces then dares to lift the girls skirt while nobody was there to see her. Finding whip cream drying over her thighs Naomi shook her head and dropped the skirt.

"I don't want to know."

"You looked. You must." Midnight slyly grins.

"You stress me out Critter."

Finishing their meal Nick watches Caprice at one of her own tables, a pair of young women giggling as Caprice compliments one on the scent of her perfume. Showing the waitress, the tiny bottle and its brand Caprice took their order and made her way back to the kitchen.

"We should be going. Our office is closed while we sit here lollygagging." Tilly admitted toward her husband.

"We made enough to enjoy a day off." Sheldon shrugged, until he noted his wife's glare, "But, yeah you're right. Never know when a perspective buyer might stroll in... like Mister Sanchez here." He scoots out of their booth and stands up to stretch, Nick joining him to allow Tilly access to get up. "Give us a call if you need anything else."

"I'll do that." He nods at Sheldon then at Tilly once she straightened out her dress from being wrinkled so long. "Get back with me on those workers. I'll call this Niles guy here in a bit. Think I'll sit here and let my meal... digest."

"Enjoy your new home Mister Sanchez." Tilly smiled and snapped a glance at Midnight bringing their check to Nick. A thin smile led Midnight to hug her aunt. Sighing Tilly patted her niece's back and whispered. "I hope you know what you're doing." Midnight did not reply but when their hug parted, she did share an unblinking moment with Tilly. Nodding Matilda Cooper let it go. "Coming Sheldon?"

"You know I am." He winked at Midnight, then followed his wife out the door.

Nick returned to his seat and accepted his check, clearing his throat to get her full attention he asked, "Want your socks back?"

"No."

"Good answer. If you had said yes, I would have walked away. Ready to earn your tip?"

"Yes."

He reached behind him for his wallet then drew out a hundred-dollar bill. "You can have this... or... you can buy something for me."

"Buy what?"

"See that table over there?"

"The two women?"

"That's the one. Take this money and go to the woman with her back to us, tell her you want to buy her perfume. Bring it back to me."

"For a hundred dollars?"

"Need change?"

"Very much." She smiled.

"Monetary?"

"No."

"Another good answer."

"If she says no?"

"Then, I'll have Caprice bring her another hundred."

Haunted by his droll gaze she took the money without further questions and stepped across the diner to approach the women. While she did Nick ignored them and reached again into his wallet, this time bringing out three tightly folded pieces of drawing paper, sprawling them out on his table face down as if playing a card game. From there he opted to explore Midnight's attempt.

He noticed the woman eying the hundred-dollar bill but hesitantly. Sensing failure Midnight reached into her apron and produced her own tip money from the day, adding another twenty to Nick's cash. Biting, the woman dug into her purse and handed Midnight the bottle, accepting the money.

Thinking Midnight crazy the girls laughed, watching the waitress return to Nick, just as Caprice carried out their food and wondered why Midnight was bothering her table. In passing off plates the women told Caprice what Midnight had done. Caprice winced as if threatened by it. At Nick's table Midnight sat the perfume bottle on his tabletop, noting the pieces of paper.

"Very good. Choose one of the three pieces of paper, then hand it to me." Honoring his wishes, she plucked up the one in the center and didn't look at it, merely passing it to him. Unfolding it Nick looked at the drawing on it. "Oh, that's a good pose." Pocketing it in his pants he then returned the other two to his wallet. Taking out three hundred dollar bills he slid them toward her with the check.

Standing up in front of her he said, "The most precious treasure is what one gives up in favor of another." Taking the perfume, he leaves her with the money and walks over to Caprice. Handing the blond, the perfume he told her to wear it when he picked her up at 6:00. Midnight observed the entire ordeal until he stepped away and over to Naomi telling her something this time. Midnight was curious but afraid to pry once he left the diner. Naomi stood in awe of whatever he said but remained quiet. As Midnight rang up the check and made change leaving her with $210 as a tip she handed Naomi half of it, the other went to Caprice. Midnight did not accept the tip.

Clearing her table Midnight noticed Nick Sanchez go to his 4Runner and bring out a trunk, carrying it to the front of the diner. Resting it beneath the window in front of Midnight, and his recent table, he showed her a key, having replaced the old lock. The key was on a thin chain. From his pocket he shared Military dog tags to show her that was where the chain came from. Putting the tags back in his pocket he left the key on the exterior window ledge. Once he did, he turned his back to her and walked away. Midnight got goosebumps. Curiosity was driving her crazy. Watching Nick drive away she was frozen in time.

"Go look." Naomi approached her from behind, she knew it was going to happen. "I'll keep Caprice busy." Smiling at her sheepishly Midnight stepped outside and stared down at the old trunk. Eyes raising to the key she snatched it up and then knelt to unlock the container. Opening it to a disturbing creak she found another folded piece of paper. Reaching in for it a chill overtook her, and she paused to rub her arms, looking around for anyone watching her. There was no one.

Temptation forced her to pick out the paper and unfold it. Reading it carefully it said, "Leave a piece of treasure each day until it is full. By giving up everything, you keep my notice. To be nothing, you must own nothing. To be mine... you must... dig deep. Unlock your soul."

Staring at the note then the trunk she closed the letter back inside and locked it up. The key went around her neck.

The chain would get shorter each day.

12