Mike and Jen

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What if we don't see each other until you're back? You know I like it when you ignore me," Mike blurter out.

Jen didn't know how to respond to that. So she remained silent.

"I already agreed to spend the day with Allie tomorrow. And you and Frank are leaving the city after tonight anyway. It makes sense," Mike said as fast as possible, almost as if he was trying to justify his thoughts.

Jen studied Mike's face. It wasn't much, but for a split second she saw pain, jealousy, and lust. It's the first time in a long time she saw those things on Mike's face without her forcing the issue. Mike needed the game. He needed it to get through whatever was going on in his mind. His PTSD.

Jen did her best to push all her insecurities away and hugged her husband. She knew he needed this. "Okay, baby. Whatever you want," she calmly said as she held back her tears.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that day, Mike and Allie were heading to a restaurant together for dinner. The rest of their guests were already waiting for them inside.

"We have three full days sans Jen, huh?" Allie said as she held hands with Mike whilst they walk to the restaurant

"More like a week, really. She will want to stay longer with Frank and probably fuck her exes some more," Mike said as if he knew that's what was going to happen.

"Are you ok with that?" Allie said slightly upset

"It doesn't concern me what she does," Mike said sincerely. "I just want to spend this time with you."

"Have you thought about ending things with Jen?" Allie asked. She really didn't understand why Mike wasn't filing for divorce right away. It's clear he was done playing the game with Jen. And, Allie also wanted Mike for herself.

Mike thought about it for a moment. "I don't want to decide for her. If there is no other way out, I will. But she needs to decide this alone. The love might be gone, but I still want to make sure she is safe."

Allie knew what he meant. When Mike left Jen after her affair with Drums, Jen never let go of Mike. She was always dreaming of Mike coming back and loving her again. But if Jen is the one that lets Mike go, she will never come back and will never spiral out of control.

"What about Anna?"

"Anna is coming with me," Mike immediately responded. "I don't want my daughter dealing with Jen's adventures."

Allie felt how Mike stiffed at the thought of Anna staying with Jen. He softened after a couple of seconds. "Besides, she and DJ really are like siblings,"

Allie chuckled at his comment. "That's true," she acknowledged.

In fact, Anna and DJ were back at Allie's place with a babysitter. Mike was going to stay at Allie's the next three days. It's a soft trial. A way to see if they can inhabit the same spaces.

Allie leaned her head on Mike's shoulder as they kept walking. She has enjoyed how she and Mike are taking things. It's been a slow burn. They aren't rushing anything or going wild. They are building foundations and making sure those foundations are solid before taking the next step. It felt like they were working towards a long-term goal. That made her feel safe and protected.

Mike and Allie reached the restaurant and Allie saw in the corner of her eye a potential problem. Her body stiffened.

Mike sensed something was wrong and followed Allie's eyes. "Awesome possum," he said sarcastically.

Allie was not going to let that ruin the night. Mike's CATF team, and some of their friends were there. It's bound to happen sooner or later anyways.

Allie stood in front of Mike and looked him in the eyes. "Hey," she whispered

Mike lowered his head and looked back at her beaming with joy.

"We're not pretending anymore, right?" She said with a grin.

Mike nodded in agreement. It's bound to happen anyway.

"Let's go inside," Allie said

Jen was elated with the compliments she was getting from Duncan and several of Frank's friends. The preparations for the Broadway opening were well underway, and she felt ready to finally achieve her dream of being a dancer.

Jen was also extremely turned on by the constant teasing Frank has done throughout dinner.

"I want to go," Jen whispered to Frank, who was delighted to hear those words. Frank was in an excellent mood today. Mike Andrews has been slowly pushing himself away from his life. In fact, Frank had Jen all by himself today. That's a good thing. The truth is that Frank didn't want to know what would have happened if Mike had chosen to stay.

"Beg for it," Frank whispered back with a mischievous smile.

Jen looked away embarrassed, and that's when she saw it. Allie and Mike entered the restaurant looking like a happy couple.

Jen's hands started to shake as she saw the scene. Mike was well dressed, better than how he used to dress when he worked on Wall Street. Allie was wearing a short black dress that accentuated all her curves with stockings and heels. Jen knew how much Mike loved those things.

Mike looked happy, gleeful. He was standing tall and proud. Even his body looked more muscular. Jen knew Mike was working out, but she didn't notice how well he is looking now.

Allie, meanwhile, had her arm wrapped around his waist. She looked at him with a smile in her eyes as they walked towards a table.

"Is this why he didn't want to meet tonight?" Jen thought with anger and jealousy. Mike preferred going out with Allie than spending time with HIS WIFE. He chose Allie over spending time with her, and watching her play the game.

Jen clenched her teeth as she followed them with her eyes. She saw Maria Fernandez standing up and greeting Allie and Mike. Then, other people did as well. That's the team at CATF, Jen reasoned. She has never met his team. Yet, Allie did.

The way Allie hugged them, smiled, and talked to them seemed natural. She has met them more than once. Jen remembers Allie admitting as much. It didn't feel better, though. It felt like Allie was Mike's wife while Jen was here with Frank. Allie was sharing with Mike while she was doing what? What is she doing here? The game? Mike hasn't really been into it for months. It's Jen that keeps playing it.

Frank pushes all her buttons and she loves that. But does she love him? Jen doesn't know how to feel. She doesn't know what to think. Across the restaurant is her husband and her best friend looking like a perfect couple.

What was hurting Jen the most was looking at Mike. He wasn't being shy and reclusive, he was being engaging and charming. Jen could see it from the way people reacted around him. It's as if Allie made him a better person

Her eyes grew wider when she saw Allie's left wrist. The Fonzie bracelet sparkled under the restaurant lights, but now there was another charm next to it. She couldn't tell what it was, but she didn't like something being added to it.

"He is about to get fired," Franks whispered.

Jen almost jumped out of her chair, startled. "What?" she asked, looking at Frank.

"You know I have a lot of business in DC, and I have a lot of contacts at the DoD," Frank said as he looked at Mike and his group of friends. "I've met with his boss several times. He calls Mike weak and indecisive."

Frank could see how fear and indecision sipped through Jen's mind.

"He is just shy," Jen responded.

"Does he look like a shy person?" Frank asked rhetorically.

"The colonel that runs CATF thinks Mike is a washout. He is not as smart as you think, Jen." Lying was one of Frank's strengths. He knew how to make people hesitate and doubt their reality. He could see Jen doing that right now. It gave him pleasure. It made him hard.

Frank knew Mike was untouchable. If anything Mike had too much power in the DoD. When Frank tried to personally convince Colonel JJ to bury Mike in a dark room, the Colonel threatened Frank with an official DoD investigation for aiding foreign agents. The more he learnt about Mike, the more he feared the man. Actual fear.

But Jen didn't know that. Jen has spent her whole marriage clueless as to who Mike Andrews really is. To her, Mike was an introverted cuck with a brilliant mind.

Frank could work with that assumption. He didn't have to destroy Mike to keep Jen. All he needs is to convince Jen she is better with him.

"Why are you telling me this?" Jen asked, almost annoyed at the information Frank gave her.

"I would start considering the financial stability of you and Anna if I were you," Frank added in a way that showed concern. "I can help Mike keep his job."

Jen didn't care what Frank said. She was annoyed. She wanted to be with Mike instead of here. She wanted to walk towards that table and introduce herself as HIS wife. That's who she was after all, Jennifer Andrews.

Frank sensed her thoughts. It upset him. She was still too attached to Mike. He decided to reinforce things. "I can also get him fired faster."

"What?" She was stunned

"I can be his best friend or his worst enemy. You know who I am, Jenny," Frank said with a calming and relaxing voice that had a hint of maliciousness. "You are with me for the next three days. But if you go there, I can't guarantee Mike's job."

Jen didn't know what to say. Frank toned suggested he was not kidding. She had to choose between helping Mike or her jealousy.

Trying to rationalise her thoughts she was reminded that Mike knew she was going to spend the next three days with Frank. If she goes there, Mike will be disappointed. His PTSD has been acting up lately, too.

Jen looked at Mike's table with doubt. Frank's words still resonate in her head. Mike was about to get fired and Frank could help.

That could be the reason why Mike looks so different now. He is developing a cover, a mask of sorts, to deal with the stress.

Jen leaned back on her chair, accepting her faith. She couldn't go there. She had to keep playing the game for her family. To keep Mike sane so he doesn't fall into depression.

"I'll stay," Jen said, defeated. Frank beamed with joy at her answer.

"Good girl," He replied.

Jen spent the rest of the evening glaring at the table where Mike and Allie were sitting. They looked perfect for each other. The little glances, the chuckles, the smiles, the giggles, the accidental touches that weren't accidental at all. She saw the same thing at the dinner party after her Broadway event. It scared her and infuriated her at the same time.

At home, Mike felt distant. He spoke with sweetness but acted without kindness. Yet, he seems to be close with Allie.

Jen internally sighed in frustration. The stupid mind games she plays with Frank aren't helping either. Ever since Frank forbade her to cum with Mike, her husband has been uninterested in having sex with her. He does it sometimes, but he doesn't initiate anymore. That created a rift between them, one that seems to be growing in front of her eyes.

Jen's world started to tangle in ways that caused Jen to feel as if her life had no sense of control. And without Mike, things would only get worse.

She needed to regain control. But, above all, Jen needed to know what's happening between Mike and Allie right now.

She glanced at Frank and noticed he was talking to Duncan. She took that chance to text her best friends.

Minutes passed as Jen waited patiently for Allie to notice someone texted her, but her best friend was too lost in the moment to even check her purse.

After what it felt like an eternity, Jen saw how Allie finally reached for her phone. Jen noticed how he pointed something to Mike. They both laughed and Allie gave Mike a reassuring pat before getting up and making a call.

Jen's stomach felt like a bottomless pit. Her head was spinning. Did Allie and Mike just ignore her message? Allie must have clearly seen it. What about Mike? He hasn't checked his phone once since arriving. He hasn't even tried to text her.

Jen saw Mike and Allie looking at the screen together. She saw them reading something. They must know she texted them.

"This can't be happening," Jen thought as she started to feel dizzy and nauseous. The room felt like it's spinning and her eyesight was starting to disappear. She can't be losing Mike. Jen would rather die than lose Mike again.

"It's all a game," Jen whispered to herself. Frank never meant anything. All the things she did with him were part of the game. Allie was part of the game.

Allie was her co-conspirator. Her friend. She wouldn't dare to do that to her. To break her heart like that.

Just as Jen felt she was going to faint, her phone buzzed. It's a message from Allie. It said, "in a restaurant with bubble boy and some friends. Keeping him distracted."

Jen couldn't keep doing this. She felt how she was about to vomit

"I need to use the bathroom," She said to Frank who nodded.

Jen walked as fast as she could to the bathroom before emptying her stomach content on the toilet bowl.

Allie was being honest about their whereabouts. That's a good sign. But she wasn't honest about her proximity to Mike.

Jen wanted to cry, but no tears came out. She wanted to do many things, but nothing came out. She asked for this when she paired Allie with Mike. Allie is the only woman that knows Mike for as long as Jen knows him. Although, now, Allie knows him more.

Jen washed her mouth and cleaned her face as best as she could once the dizziness was over.

"Jen, are you there?" Frank asked from outside the woman's bathroom.

"Yeah," she replied as tried to make herself look more presentable.

"Do you feel better? Do you need to go to the hospital?" He asked concerned

Jen appreciates the concern. Frank can be really sweet sometimes. "I'm fine, honey."

"I'll be right here if you need me."

Jen took a deep breath and tried to put herself together as she left the bathroom.

"Thank you," she told Frank as she gave him a kiss on the cheek. The man can be very kind at times.

Frank beamed at her whilst he put his arm around her waist. "Let's go home, honey. We have a long day ahead tomorrow," he said.

Jen was leaving the restaurant as she took another glance at Allie and Mike. They were having the best of times with Allie smiling next to Mike. The whole scene pained her. They looked so happy. So perfect. They were the picture of the perfect family. Mike and her were the picture of the slut and her husband.

She did a double take once she saw familiar faces sitting with Mike and Allie. Sam and Claire were there. Jen didn't expect their common friends to be hanging out with Mike and Allie. The same people that saw her and Mike get remarried and were there when bad things happened. Now, they are sharing things without her.

Jen saw how Allie extended her left arm to Claire to show her the bracelet. Claire looked excited as she clapped in joy and laughed. Allie was doing all the things Jen never did. She had a tendency to ignore Mike during social gatherings. Meanwhile, Allie was proud to be with him.

But that turned him on, right? He told Jen as much. Yes, Jen would have ignored Mike even if it wasn't a turn on for him, but that doesn't mean he lied about that to make her happy, right? Jen saw how hard Mike got when she flirted with others. That couldn't be fake. They have played the game for years. It couldn't all be fake. Jen's knees started to buckle which prompted Frank to grab her. "What's wrong?" Frank asked.

"Let's leave tonight," it was all that Jen could say. She wanted to forget what she saw. She wanted to disappear. She gave up her control over Mike to be with Frank and now she wasn't sure if she could ever gain Mike back.

Allie and Mike, in the meantime, were completely caught up in their little world. Mike's team at CATF couldn't shut up about how fun working with Mike is.

Allie knew about it already. Allie got first-hand experience with this version of Mike when he was leading the development of The Ring, a software he created for the marketing agency where Jen and Allie work.

Jen never really asked any questions about Mike's work during those days. Allie remembers how often Jen asked her to go check on Mike so Jen could keep fucking her lover du jour. That's when Allie's opinion on Mike changed. She no longer saw him as a weak and indecisive man, but rather he was a man who thought Jen was the best he could do and was afraid to lose her.

Allie wanted to do something about it back then, but she let it go instead. It wasn't her fight and she was dating Darren.

Luckily, a second chance presented itself once Jen became too eager to toss Mike aside, again, to please her latest obsession. "I won't miss my chance this time," she thought.

"Nice to see you back to your old self, Mike," Sam said with joy. It's the first time since university that Sam saw Mike acting like the engaging and happy Mike that loves to teach and discuss interesting topics.

"Thanks," Mike responded with a grin

"So..." Claire said as her lingering pause explained everything else.

"It is what it is," Allie replied as she left some room for plausible deniability. Yes, Mike said they could trust Sam and Claire. But, it's better to err on the side of caution.

Claire smirked and then gave Allie a conspiratory grin. "I get it. I thought about it once," she said with a laugh

Allie raised an eyebrow wondering when that happened.

Claire understood Allie's reaction. "When she dated Ricky, I thought Mike was available," she said.

Allie nodded as she remembered that time. It's the first time Jen tried to discard Mike to spend more time with someone else.

Allie internally laughed as she noticed that both times Jen wanted to get rid of Mike, she picked women who were physically opposed to her. Clair and Allie were busty, brunettes, dark eyes, wavy hair, wide hips, and overall curvier than Jen. Allie figured Jen did it on purpose. It's her way to make sure Mike didn't compare her to the other woman.

"Are you guys coming over tomorrow?" Sam asked at Mike and Allie

"For a little bit," Mike said before looking back at Allie with loving eyes as he put his hand on her thigh reassuringly, "It's her birthday after all. So we have plans,"

Allie had no idea they had plans. "We do?" she asked with a devilish grin

Mike nodded as he tried to keep the secret

"I guess we do," Allie said with a laugh as she looked at their friends

Claire and Sam glance at each other, understanding what was happening. But they also wondered how Jen fit the entire puzzle. Then again, Mike was not wearing his ring. Neither one knew what to make of it.

The group of people kept chatting and having fun well into the night. It's nearly midnight by the time everyone went their ways. Mike and Allie walked back to Allie's house. Mike looked troubled. Yes, the date has been delightful, but it hurt seeing Jen there. He has seen Jen in the arms of a lot of men. But, this time around, he didn't feel lust but sadness. His marriage is ending. The person who he thought was the love of his life will be gone by the end of their latest game. There is a sense of finality in everything that's happening. Yes, Allie is who he is meant to be. However, it pained him to see Jen like that.

"How did you do it? How did you get over the pain of losing Darren?" Mike asked as they walked

Allie thought about it, but she didn't have a satisfying answer. "I haven't," she said with a chuckle. "You were there, Michael. I tried to make him jealous by fucking Jim."

Mike looked at Allie confused. He remembers Allie telling him that she went there to get over Darren.

Allie shrugged as way to admit that she was in no less pain about her failed marriage than Mike

"I don't think you ever get over the pain of losing someone you truly loved," Allie said as she paused thinking about how to express her thoughts in a coherent way. "The best we can do is carry on until then the pain becomes like a bad dream, you know?"

1...1415161718...20