Mike and Sarah Pt. 02: Love Building

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Pulling her down for another kiss, I respond simply, "Okay." We lie in silence before reality hits me, "Hey let's share a shower, sort out some breakfast, and get ready for work."

Without a word, she climbs off of me before padding into the bathroom and starts the water running. Joining her a couple of minutes later, I find the shower has already warmed and pushing the curtain back, she takes my hand and pulls me into the shower behind her. She lets me wash her hair before working my way down her body, there's no attempt to be amorous, it's just a level of intimacy that I can sense she needs in the moment. She returns the favour before stepping out of the shower. Wrapping herself in the towel she has claimed as hers, she pulls my towel off the rack and holds it open for me, I try to take it from her but she pulls it back before stepping forward to wrap me in it. Happy it's secure she pulls my face down for a quick kiss before leaving me in the room. Drying myself off, I manage to get dressed before she's finished drying her hair.

"Hey, sausage and egg sandwiches okay for breakfast?" I ask her before leaving the room. Completely focused on the task of her hair and getting ready, she just nods in response without even looking at me.

25 minutes later we're at the table eating and sipping our coffee. I can tell she wants to talk about something because she's avoiding my gaze. After a few minutes I decide to break the impasse, "Sarah just tell me what's on your mind. You're always telling me to open up to you, and now you're hiding from me and it's obvious."

Sarah finally meets my eyes "Mike it's nothing big I just want to talk about managing the time we spend together better. The more time I spend here the less I want to leave you, but we're nowhere near ready to spend every day together. I have my Mum to think about, I know I'm grown up and I can do what I want, but I do technically still live with her and she deserves some of my time too. What I'm thinking is I don't spend Sunday nights anymore, oh we can still hang out in the day especially if I spend Saturday nights here, but I go home in time to share at least some of my weekend with her. Instead, I want to spend Wednesday nights here, it won't make much difference to Mum as that's our drinks night and she's normally in bed when I get home anyway. We can have other date nights or hang-out dates but Wednesday Nights, Friday Nights, and Saturdays are our time. I know it won't be like that every week and things will come up, but those are the times I want us to try and prioritise making sure we're together and we fall asleep together. Whether it's date nights, hanging out with our friends or just staying in and making dinner and watching a movie."

I smile inwardly in relief, "Babe, that sounds perfectly reasonable nothing to be nervous telling me. Anything else?"

She gives me a beaming smile, clearly relieved at my response before making her request, "There's one more thing, Mum wants to meet you."

I'm not surprised by this, we've been together nearly a month and she's been spending pretty much every weekend with me, it's only natural her mum would want to meet me, "Of course when are you thinking this weekend doesn't work, because we're both busy on Saturday, and we have lunch with my Aunt and Uncle on Sunday."

"Would next Sunday be okay? She makes a great Sunday dinner," she asks hopefully.

"Sure that will be great, I'll make sure on my best behaviour for her," I respond.

"Just be you, Love, and before long she'll see why I've fallen for you." With that she gets up and loads the dishes into the sink, I tell her to leave them and I'll do them after work.

Parting ways at the bus stop I kiss her goodbye and take the short walk to the office. I like the 25-minute walk to the office, it's a nice way to clear my head and prepare myself for the day ahead. Lately, any spare moments are filled with thoughts of Sarah and how she's taking over my life. Instead of running from it, I'm grateful for it. I spend the rest of the walk looking for ways to show her how thankful I am for her. Remembering a detail from one of our first meetings, the perfect idea hits me just as I get to the office. Delaying the start of my workday I hop online to find what I'm looking for before shooting her a text.

Me: Hey, we haven't discussed our weekend plans yet. We don't have a lot of room for alone time. How about tomorrow we just stay in, get a delivery and watch a movie.

Sarah: Paying attention in class this morning were you? 😊 Sure, 2 conditions though, we get Thai and the movie is a romance.

Me: A romance? Really?

Sarah: We've spent the last 3 weekends watching LOTR which was amazing but I like something sappy and romantic now and then. Sappy romance movie + your cuddles = a very happy Sarah.

Me: There's an epic Romantic thread in LOTR... Legolas and Gimli. Do you have any movies in mind?

Sarah: LOL, it's not the same. A couple but I'm not telling.

Me: Fine, speak to you after work.

Sarah: Later babe xxx

Thankfully it's one of those days at work with not a lot going on and I'm able to just put my headphones on and get through the day on auto-pilot. At home, I'm able to get through my workout and sort out something to eat. Doing the dishes and putting away my leftovers I realise that Sarah and I have more or less finished all the wine and beer in the flat, and a boozeless home is a cardinal sin in my family so I head out to stock up. I also pick up a couple of nicer bottles to gift my aunt and uncle at lunch on Sunday.

I've just finished putting the shopping away when Sarah texts.

Sarah: Hey love

Me: Hey

Sarah: You been up too much or have you been stuck to the sofa unable to move because you miss me already 😉?

Me: I won't deny missing you, but I managed to get a few things done. I worked out, cleaned the kitchen, and even managed to go and restock the beer and wine supplies.

Sarah: I've missed you 2 but I'll see you tomorrow. Want to know something embarrassing?

Me: I'm not sure you could tell me anything about you that I would find embarrassing.

Sarah: 😊okay do you want to know why I stole 2 T-shirts instead of 1? 1 is for me to wear the other I put on a pillow so I can pretend to cuddle you when I'm alone.

Me: Is cuddling all you do with Pillow Mike 😉?

Sarah: I may have had a few private moments with Pillow Mike, but I won't be having those anymore.

Me: Why not?

Sarah: I told you this morning, it belongs to you, it doesn't feel right.

Me: It's okay you know, I don't mind if you want to.

Sarah: Thanks, but no. I'm about to get 2 nights with you, going to save it.

Me: What if I told you to?

Sarah: Then I'll do it and record it for you. Are you telling me to?

Me: Not tonight, maybe soon, but it'll be better if I don't give you any warning.

Sarah: I like that idea. I'm going to grab a shower and spend some time with Mum. Good night babe see you tomorrow.

Me: Have fun with your Mum, Night.

Getting home from work the next day I find 2 things on my doorstep. A large brown delivery box and Sarah with her weekend bag. Kissing her hello, I let us into the flat, picking up the delivery box on the way. I let her drop her things in the bedroom while I put the box on the dining table. Finding me at the table, Sarah slips under my arm and cuddles my side.

"What's in the box babe?" She asks innocently.

"A present for you. Why don't you have a look while I get ready to work out?" I tell her before moving into the bedroom.

Coming out a few minutes later Sarah is staring at the contents of the box it takes another minute before she realises I'm back in the room.

"Mike, what's all this?" She asks me quietly.

"A 100-page sketchbook and a 116-piece set of sketching pencils, sketching tools and colouring pencils," I answer plainly.

She gives me a hard stare "Okay let me try this again, why did you buy me a '100-page sketchbook and a 116-piece set of sketching pencils, sketching tools and colouring pencils'?"

"When we first met, you told me you liked sketching and painting in your free time. You're spending more of your free time here, so I decided to make it possible to do that here. I don't have enough room to set you up with a painting station, so the book and pencils will have to do. Oh and I wanted to thank you for being in my life," I tell her keeping a straight face.

She gives me a strange look before coming over to give me a long hug and a deep kiss, breaking the kiss she holds my face between her hands so I can't break eye contact, "Mike, it's perfect thank you," she kisses me again, "Go work out, I need a minute."

Finishing my workout 45 minutes later, Sarah is at the table in deep concentration drawing something, she has her earphones in so I don't disturb her and head to the shower. Coming out 20 minutes later, Sarah has taken out her earphones and she's studying her drawing carefully. Creeping up behind her I kiss her on the top of the head while looking at the picture she has made. It's an isolated mountain, with storm clouds swirling around it. The detail is incredible, I kiss her head again as she leans back into me.

"You're very talented babe. What's the inspiration?" I ask her gently.

She takes a deep breath before responding, "It's you, at least a metaphorical version of you. You're the mountain, the storm is all the pain and trauma you've experienced. Mountains don't care about storms, yes the storms cause damage, trees are blown over, boulders are pushed, rock is cracked, and there is even the occasional avalanche. But despite that the mountain stands, unmoved, strong to the core. The mountain I am building my refuge on."

Her response takes me aback, speechless I just let her sit there and lean against me while I stroke her cheek. Giving the picture another look I manage to whisper hoarsely "Thank you. It's perfect."

Getting up she turns and wraps herself around me, "Come on let's go to the pub for an hour before dinner, my treat. We're ordering in so it's not like we have to cook."

"I thought you wanted us to stay in tonight?" I reply confused.

"I do and we will. But you're distracted now, so we need a break, I want you completely focused on me. So we'll go to the pub for a bit, share a few drinks and joke with whoever is around. Then we'll come back, have dinner, open some wine and watch the movie I've chosen," she responds simply "Come on let's get dressed."

With no reasonable argument to give that's what we do. Naturally, she takes a little longer to get ready than I do insisting she needs to fix her hair. Once again once she deems herself fit to go out, I am struck by her effortless beauty, her newly straightened hair pulled into a ponytail, tight jeans which I'll never understand how she gets on, and one of my plain hoodies with no make-up.

In the pub we find Adam, Mandy and Beth sitting with Mark and Bob. Getting our drinks to join them, Mandy exclaims, "Oh thank God, another woman, Beth and I are about to scream listening to those old gits and Adam encouraging them."

Sarah laughs before whispering in my ear, "I guess we were needed here more than at home, go on have your boy talk, and remember 1 hour - 1 and a half tops. You owe me Thai food and a romantic movie and I intend to collect." Turning back to Mandy, "You think Mike is going to be any better, look at him he's already ready to ignore me and join them."

Giving her a subtle tap on the bum I move to join Adam and the old boys while Sarah sits with the girls. "Evening gents, what seems to have got the girls upset with you?" I ask to enter the conversation.

Mark decides to be the one to catch me up "Ah Smithy lad, Bob here and myself we're having a quiet dispute about football and who our greatest ever midfielder is."

I groan inwardly knowing where the conversation is headed, I've been a part of such disputes in past.

Mark continues, "I was arguing the merits of Gascoigne, Gazza a true magician with the ball, an indescribable talent, a good northeast lad who wore the Black and White stripes of Newcastle and returned home when his career was finished. Bob here was arguing the merits of Sir Bobby Charlton, who I will accept is a man with strong northeast roots, but is a traitor who moved to Manchester and adopted them as his own. I will accept his influence in bringing the World Cup trophy home in '66. Adam the young imp with no respect for his elders said we should turn our attention away from a washed-up alcoholic and a man no one under the age of 60 has seen play live, instead asking us to turn our attention to those modern Prima donnas Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard. Which understandably caused great consternation to Bob and myself. So Smithy lad, our captain who has led the fine men of this establishment into battle, please make your opinions known and let us settle the matter."

I look over to Adam who is laughing into his beer and mentally curse him for throwing fire on the flame. I quickly formulate a response that I hope will appease everyone knowing that it in all likelihood it's not possible, "Mark you are quite right Gazza was a magician, but even you can agree the drink got to him and he never really reached the heights his potential promised him. Sir Bobby Charlton, is a special case, he lost most of his team and best friends at the age of 21 in a plane crash and instead of letting the grief break him, he recovered from his injuries and rebuilt his career, leading us to a world cup 8 years later and his team to this fine nation's first ever European title. I will not argue the merits of Adam's contribution as that is another conversation in itself."

I can hear Mandy and Beth muttering "See what we mean?" behind me.

All three of them looked satisfied by my answer, "Well said Smith, now let's put that matter to bed," Bob follows taking my answer as a win.

Mark looks like he wants to interrupt, but I cut him off "So Bob, how are we looking for the selection meeting tomorrow?"

"I think we'll be alright Smith, we'll be able to build a good-looking side, possibly a few contentious decisions. We might need an extended session."

At this, Sarah intervenes, "No way. If you lot aren't done by 5 I'm either joining the meeting or taking your captain home."

"But Sarah lass these meetings are important and frequently run over time," Mark complains.

"Come off of it Mark, Mike has told me about your meetings, I know they're just an excuse for an all-day drinking session. Bill and Mike could sort the selection in 20 minutes if you lot didn't get involved," Sarah responds sharply.

Adam, Bob and Mark all look at me in horror at Sarah's outburst. Looking at the girls, Mandy's face is on the verge of laughter.

Ignoring Sarah, Mark turns to me, "Smithy, how could you? The selection meetings are sacred. One of the few times we get this room to ourselves in the pub with none of the lasses interrupting, and now you share our secret. Captain, you have betrayed us, how will you make up for this."

Mandy bursts out laughing at this, "Adam don't look so shocked at Mike, you told me exactly what the selection meetings were after your first one last year. Sarah calm down, I realise that you and Mike are brand new, and you want every moment you can get with him, but we're getting an all-day bottomless brunch out of it. If their 'meeting' runs over we'll just sit in the garden and put extra drinks on the boys' tabs. The joy of knowing all the staff here is that they never question the girlfriends running up the tabs. As for you Mike, you're on your own for making up for your 'betrayal'."

Bob joins Mandy in her laughter, "Sarah, all the wives and girlfriends know what the selection meetings are, it's just an unspoken rule that we never publicly speak about it."

Sarah looks appeased "Okay then, I guess it will be fine."

I decide to end the discussion "How about if I buy the next round tonight and the first round at the meeting tomorrow to make up for my indiscretion? I also think Adam should be responsible for a round too as it has come out he couldn't wait to tell Mandy either when he started attending."

My announcement is met with general cheers and a quiet groan from Adam.

Sarah and I make our excuses after the next round. On the walk home, I pull out my phone and order our food after I put my phone away. Sarah takes my hand after a few quiet moments she speaks, "Mike I'm sorry about my outburst in the pub. I know it's because we're still new but I get jealous at the idea of you spending time with others when we could be together."

"Don't worry about it. I want to spend as much time with you as possible as well," I reply giving her hand a reassuring squeeze. "Anyway, what movie are we watching?" I ask her.

"Notting Hill, it's one of my favourites. Instead of eating in the kitchen, can we just lay out all the food on the coffee table and pig out while we watch the movie?"

"Of course we can, I do that all the time. Honestly, I've only ever used the dining table with you or on the rare occasions I have guests like Edward and Karen. I mostly use the dining table when I'm on my laptop. But I like eating at the table with you without being distracted by the TV or our phones, just being present with each other while we share a meal."

She squeezes my hand "I like it too."

At home, Sarah quickly loses her bra, jeans and shoes reverting to her usual uniform when staying with me, one of my hoodies or T-shirts and little else.

Just as I finish changing into my pyjamas, the doorbell goes, knowing it's the delivery guy, Sarah sends me to the door while promising to set up the living room for our feast and movie.

While the movie wasn't to my taste I felt very happy sitting with her eating Pad Kee Mao, and Pad Thai sharing a selection of starters. As soon as we had finished the food, she paused the movie, insisted we clean up, and then made me take special care of washing my hands.

Raising my eyebrow at her watching me wash my hands in a way no one has since I was about 8, she simply laughs, "I saw how much spicy dipping sauce you got all over your fingers. There is no way you're touching any bare skin of mine until I am 100% sure there is not a trace of chilli anywhere on your hands, and I like it when you touch my bare skin, so lather up big boy, use the dish soap it's designed to strip oils. I'll get you some hand cream."

While she went off to the bedroom to find hand moisturiser I knew that I didn't have and therefore must be in the toiletries we had bought the week before, it struck me that Sarah was forthright in her needs and wants in a way I had never experienced before. There were no mind games, if she wanted something she told me, yes she wanted me to take the lead in fulfilling her desires but she never expected me to guess or assume. I added to the list of things I liked about her, drawing me deeper into her web.

Back on the sofa, Sarah pulled the blanket down to cover her legs, before settling in to watch the second half of the movie nestled in her spot against my side. When the movie is over I can see tears shimmering in her eyes, she's not quite on the verge of crying but she's clearly touched by the final moments.

"Sarah," I say softly, "Why did you pick that movie? I guess it was sweet and touching, and occasionally funny but not a tearjerker."

"I guess I could've picked any similar film, but in a silly way, it made me think of us. Take away the superficial filler stuff, the fact she's a movie star or the fact he owns a bookstore. It's about 2 lonely people who on the outside seem to have it all together but on the inside are lonely and lost. They meet and over a short period, they let each other in and develop strong feelings. Of course, I'm Julia Roberts' character, beautiful and glamorous, and you're Hugh Grant's character, tall, handsome, charming, a little awkward, not very open with anyone but somehow has a large group of caring friends. They find each other and get their happy ending, I teared up because that's what I want. I'm imagining my happy ending with you, my tall, handsome, charming, awkward and closed-off man. That's why I chose that film, I wanted to feel you holding me as I watched that movie and saw us."