Milly Scott Pt. 02: The Artist and Her Young Lover

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

No, I thought afterwards. But which ones were true?

Fiona had been right. I didn't see either of them until Easter. Jess called and told me that the girls had thought about coming up for a few days. I tried it play it cool and I hope that I got away with it. I was looking forward to seeing them both, but I had to admit that it was Fiona who I missed the most.

As usual, they came clattering in creating havoc. But there were hugs and big smiles. Within two hours it was as if they were at home. I cooked whilst they gave me their news and I let them leaf through some of my recent work. We drank far too much wine that evening as we fooled around. I felt half my age with these two.

Ten minutes after climbing into bed the door opened, they dashed in and were under the duvet before I could speak. "Don't tell me you two are homesick?"

"No just mischievous!" They both laughed. Fiona cuddled into Jane's back and I spooned against Fiona. Heaven!

They didn't have their bikes, so the next day we all went to the climbing wall. I watched in awe as the two of them competed for almost two hours. When they were finished they were smiling, sweaty and had given everything. We bought papers on the way home and sat reading.

Later it got more boisterous and the joking started again. Jane was cutting up some strawberries when Fiona said something that earned a strawberry thrown in her direction. It missed, so Jane smeared another one on her face. When I objected she did the same to me. Fiona grabbed several, raised the hem of Jane's skirt and shoved them down the back of her knickers. I was about to object when she did the same to me. The gloves were off now, I threw the knife into the sink for safety, lifted the bowl and Jane grabbed Fiona's arms. There were strawberries in her pants, down her bra and across her face. We let her go and laughing, she grabbed my ankle. I fell to the floor and they both smeared strawberries over every exposed piece of flesh.

The three of us lay there laughing, our clothes were covered, the counters and floor a mess, and as Jane pointed out, we had no strawberries! We worked together to clean up and then took it in turns to shower. I loaded the washing machine and we came together again in the lounge wearing T-shirts and shorts. We ate strawberry ice cream, without the strawberries, but actually, I'd enjoyed them more than if we'd eaten them. We watched TV sat together under a large throw, one of them on either side of me. Almost a year ago I was in despair and here I was as happy as I'd been for a very long time. Years ago Fiona had joked about keeping me locked up under their bed; I'd love to lock these two in my house.

It was raining the next day and we planned to go out later on and then to the pub for dinner. Fiona was reading something and then went to fetch her laptop. She had her head down concentrating before showing something to Jane. "Milly, how far is Lancaster from here?"

"I think it's about 40 miles, 50 minutes to an hour depending on the traffic. Why?"

"They offer the course that I want to do and they seem to have a good reputation." She left the room and I heard her talking on the phone for a while.

She came back through to the lounge and looked at Jane. "Wednesday would be good, can we stay until Thursday?" I saw Jane nod and they both looked at me.

"What? Do you want to stay an extra night? You can stay as long as you like, at any time. I love you being here." I got a kiss on the cheek and she left again.

Ten minutes later she was back. "Mum says okay." She turned to me, "I need to go to the University on Wednesday. I'm going to meet some of the staff. Lancaster is a possibility."

I felt a twitch as I spoke, "I thought you were considering London with Jane, or Manchester?"

She looked surprised, "Ah, you don't want me?"

"Don't be stupid, you're always welcome here. But the most important thing is that you go to the best place to get a degree and education that you need."

My mind was in a complete whirl as I said to myself, but if you want to come to Lancaster and I can spend lots of time with you, please, please do it.

We all decided to head into Lancaster and after dropping Fiona off, Jane and I went shopping. We went a bit mad. Jane tried on a dress that looked stunning on her and we managed to find some high heels. "You'll slay them in that," I told her. I got lots of things that I needed and a pile of stuff for Fiona, including a pair of jeans, some heels and a gorgeous silk blouse.

Jane and I had a long lunch, talked about her Mum and Victoria, and her love life, which was a little troubled. When Fiona phoned us to say she was finished we went to collect her and during the drive home, she shared her thoughts. She was clearly excited about the prospect of attending Lancaster University.

We changed to head out for dinner. I managed to get into a pair of jeans that were close-fitting, a light sweater and some heels. Jane decided to wear her new dress and heels; she looked astonishing, maybe more than a bit overdressed for our pub. We waited for a few minutes and then Fiona appeared on the stairs. She'd managed to get into the jeans, how, I have no idea, she wore the heels and the blouse and suddenly I felt frumpy. Both Jane and I sucked in a breath and she summed it up, "Bloody hell, Fi, you'll be fighting them off in those jeans."

The three of us walked arm in arm to the pub and as we entered there was a sudden silence as the customers looked round. We must have made quite an impression and I felt proud of my girls. If only they really were mine.

I gave them both a hug the next morning and waved them away with a heavy heart yet again. No note, no nightshirt this time. When would I see them again? I had no idea.

Two days later I was sitting having a cuppa and staring out of the window thinking. Would Fiona come to study in Lancaster? I might get to see her a few times, take her to dinner, maybe she would come to visit? Suddenly I realised that I was having the most inappropriate thought - a switch had been tripped, I wanted her sexually. After a minute or two I sat totally ashamed, what a horrible person, preying on a young girl, my almost niece. I was disgusted with myself.

Barcelona

I'd puzzled over what to give Fiona for her 18th birthday and she didn't give me many clues. I enlisted the help of Jess and Jane and I suggested a few days city break. It turns out that Fiona and Jane had spoken about going to Barcelona. Jess thought it a good idea, but I sensed something amiss so I asked her what was wrong.

"I'm sure that Jane and Fiona would love a break together. The two of them are responsible and it's not as if I can't afford it. So why do you seem reluctant?"

"It's too generous Milly."

"I'm not hurting for money Jess, I'm better off than I've ever been and I've no one else to spend it on."

I spent a while on the phone to Jane planning the trip. Something that she said made me realise that Jess thought that I'd intended to go with Fiona. I would've loved that but it wouldn't have been wise on many levels.

Fiona phoned me on her birthday to thank me for her card and the charm that I'd sent, "You imply that there is something else?"

"Wait until Thursday, Jane will fill you in." I silently giggled. We spoke about her exams and plans for the summer. I confess I was disappointed that they would not be visiting. But Jane was heading off on a guitar workshop and Fiona had plans to work as an intern for Karen doing some computer programming work that would stand her in good stead for university.

I got a text message as they were about to board the flight to Barcelona¾'Milly, what a treat, thanks a million. I love you loads and loads.' I sat on my bed thinking if only, but it was pointless.

Actually, the next few days were fun. Fiona sent me lots of photos of the sights and of what they'd been doing; they seemed to be having a good time. My phone pinged about 1 am on Sunday morning with a message apologising for it being so late, they'd just got back to the hotel to access the internet and had forwarded a video. It was the two of them singing 'Barcelona' in front of the 'Magic Fountain' whilst a recording of Freddy Mercury played over the PA system. I laughed, sent back a reply and then shed a tear or two. I realised that I was jealous of Jess, something that was completely new to me.

I was sitting in the sun one afternoon with a cup of tea when I heard a sound that seemed to come from inside the house. It made me jump, I was sure the door was locked and there was only the one other key that the girls had¾surely it couldn't be. It was, I knew that smile very well.

"Fiona, you little shit, you scared me half to death. What are you doing here? Why didn't you call me?" She took my hand.

"Not pleased to see me then?" Eyes flashing with a big grin, "Want me to go?"

No bloody chance, I grabbed her with both hands around her neck and fell against her chest. After half a minute or so I released her and took her by the hand leading her outside. I told her not to move and went to fetch a cold drink.

"So, what are you doing here? How long are you staying? How was Barcelona¾I want the details?"

"I had to come to Lancaster to finalise some stuff. As far as Jess knows I'm staying in the halls tonight. But I got everything done sooner than I expected and I decided to surprise you."

"It's a lovely surprise. You could have told me and I'd have met you for dinner or something but I'm glad you decided to come. Why aren't you telling your mum?"

"I'm not sure; I just thought that she didn't need to know. Will you tell her?"

"I don't like lies, but no I won't tell her. Have you decided to come to Lancaster?" The very thought made me shiver.

"Yes. I was going to tell you once it was settled, which it is now. I'll stay in the dorms and maybe come here some weekends if you'll have me?"

"Let me see, you'll want decent food, some laundry done, to borrow some money, that sort of thing?" She nodded. "I'd love it and you know it. You already have your own key."

We talked for ages then walked to the pub for dinner. Then talked some more. It was after midnight when we went to bed and I had to lend her a nightshirt. Of course, I stupidly gave her one that she'd left behind so long ago. "Have you been wearing this?"

"No!"

"You liar." She grinned at me.

I slept well that night but I was up early and wanted to make the most of every minute that she was there. I could sleep at any time. Still, she set off early and although I didn't want her to go, just having those few hours with her was a bonus.

Once again I sat with tea, thinking. Would I see her? Could I trust myself around her? She was quite gorgeous, very smart and such a lovely person. She liked me and enjoyed my company, which was obvious, but anything more was a stupid fantasy, surely? I need to stop torturing myself with this idiocy.

London visit

A couple of weeks later Jess phoned me. After catching up on gossip she told me that Fiona had been up to Lancaster and had been surprised that she'd not come to visit me. I told her that she'd mentioned it when I last spoke to her. I was not comfortable with this.

"Well, you know that she's going there and will be living in the dorm. I wanted to ask, that as you are close, would you be able to help her out if she had a problem and I guess that she might want to spend a weekend with you sometime during the year."

"Of course I'd be there for her. It would repay her kindness to me and both of them are welcome here any time, you all are."

I'd received a call from the London gallery owner who'd shown my work a few times. One of the artists who'd been invited to show his work had pulled out at short notice and did I want to take the place? It was a good chance to earn some money so I snapped up the invite.

A few days later the paperwork arrived along with two invitations to lunch and the gallery show.

I decided to invite Jess and gave her a call. "Sorry, Milly I have an event at the salon the same day. I know that Fiona's away then for a visit as part of her internship, sorry."

"What about Jane?"

"That would be nice; I'll ask her to call you later."

Jane did call, agreed to come with me and suggested meeting me in London.

She was standing on the platform when I arrived. Tight T-shirt, tight jeans, heels and her leather jacket - she looked stunning and the three guys standing nearby seemed to think so as well judging by the way that they were ogling her. We hugged and set off by taxi.

We were sharing a really nice hotel room in the centre of London. Jane surprised me with tickets to see the musical Mamma Mia in the West End that evening and we went for a late supper afterwards. As we walked back to the hotel we sang some of the show songs, it had been a great evening. We were sitting in the room with a nightcap when she told me, "Fiona was gutted when she heard about this."

"That's a shame, but I didn't ask her. I asked Jess first and when she declined I thought of you."

"Nothing to do with the fact that Fiona is away?"

"I didn't know that." I was defensive.

She shook her head. "Milly, really?" God she knew!

We went for lunch at some very fancy place with some other exhibitors and although the food was great we were still hungry when we left and had imbibed several glasses of wine. We spent two hours shopping; both bought new dresses for the evening and then went on the hunt for some new underwear.

After a plate of sandwiches in our room, we got dressed up. I'd spent a small fortune on underwear for both of us and I had to help Jane get the seams of her stockings straight. Then we stood before the mirror, "Shit, Milly we look bloody good, sexy!"

"Well, I agree that we look good, but I think it's you who looks sexy."

The look on her face was one of incredulity. "Milly, just because you're twice my age doesn't mean that you're not one foxy lady, we could both pull tonight." By the time we slipped into our new dresses and heels I was tempted to agree with her. But the truth was the woman standing next to me was going to turn the heads of every man we encountered and, I suspected, a few women.

The gallery showing was very well attended. My work seemed to attract lots of interest and comment. A few displayed sold stickers very quickly. Jane and I circulated and chatted. People kept asking if we were related and she jumped in quickly almost every time. It seems that I was her mother, aunt, older sister, friend and, on one occasion, lover. I narrowly managed to avoid spitting a mouthful of wine on the man who asked the question and I quickly corrected her answer.

By the end of the show I'd signed dozens of brochures, all of my work had sold and I'd had far too much wine. By the time we reached our room, I'd gone from being merry to drunk. Jane had kept up with me and she performed a striptease. I sat laughing my head off; I have no idea why because people would have paid a great deal of money to see that show. I undressed and threw my clothes onto a chair and climbed into bed wearing my knickers. Jane leaned over, kissed my forehead and thanked me for a fun day. Two minutes later she slipped in next to me and grabbed me around the waist. She held me tight and fell asleep almost instantly.

Jane looked a bit sheepish when she woke. "Maybe I had a bit too much to drink and shouldn't have done that. It was fun when we were kids, but maybe I'm too old now."

I looked at her. "Maybe you are, but it didn't bother me and I liked being held. I miss it."

"You mean Jenny?"

"Yes, I loved her holding me in bed, but you and Fiona have both done it, it feels comforting somehow. It doesn't have to be sexual, but perhaps you could remember not to rub your tits against me next time and we'll be okay."

"You liked that then?" She laughed and dived out of bed.

Breakfast helped us fend off the headaches before we headed to the station. I was staying with Jess overnight. Jane sat opposite me on the train watching the countryside flash by as I studied her. She'd matured into a beautiful young woman, but underneath it, there seemed to be an element of sadness about her.

"Jane, I know it's none of my business, but you've never mentioned a girlfriend or boyfriend?"

"You know my feelings about boys after our conversations. I've tried boyfriends twice because I thought that I should and it didn't go well, we never got as far as sex." She was deep in thought and then turned to face me, "I've slept with two girls, but it wasn't special. I know from what Jess and Victoria have told me that sex should be incredible, so there's something missing."

"I had boyfriends a long time ago and it was so, so. Then I met Alex, as you know, and your mum's right, incredible. But not every time, sometimes it's just nice and loving. With Jenny, it was incredibly loving and caring. It was very special, never as, I don't know, daring? I've said too much. There's someone though?"

She looked at me and I could see her thinking. "This has to be between us," I nodded, "There is someone, someone very special, but she has no idea and I can't tell her, it could never work. I'll meet someone else eventually."

I sat thinking about what she has just told me. It wasn't me, was it? No, no it wasn't me. There was something though.

She looked at me again, "Tell me how you're doing really; it's been just over a year since you lost Jenny?"

"I miss her a lot. I miss having someone to hold, to talk to. She made me laugh with some of the things that she'd seen and was passionate about her work. I loved hearing her tell stories. I miss her brushing my hair. But I don't cry very often anymore." The truth is I did cry a lot, but that was because I missed the girl opposite me and her sister. "I'm doing okay and most of that is due to you and Fiona. You both make me smile even when you're not there."

"I've had a great time in the last couple of days, but would you really have preferred to go with Fiona?"

I gave her steely a look. "No, you were my first thought after Jess couldn't go."

"But you do feel close to her?"

"Yes, I admit that there's a connection with her." The way Jane looked at me I got the feeling that there was something more, but she remained silent.

Victoria greeted us and we talked about the trip. When Jess arrived home from work I suggested that I take them out to dinner. "Jane and I could show you the fancy outfits that we wore last night."

Jess gasped when I walked in. "You look bloody gorgeous Milly. They must have been drooling last night." I felt good, but the two of them were looking great as well.

"They were, but it wasn't at me, it was your daughter, wait until you..." As she walked in, the purple dress hugged every part of Jane's body. It was low enough to show that there was something interesting just hidden. It exaggerated her already slim waist and was cut to show her knees. It should have been decent, but somehow it screamed sex appeal.

"Can you check my seams, Milly?" She saw the look on Jess's face, "What? We bought fancy undies and I'm wearing seams. They need to be straight."

"And skyscraper heels! Jane, I'm so proud of you, you're gorgeous. As for you Milly Scott, I don't know if I should thank you for encouraging her or beat you for the same thing. We need a picture to send to Fiona."

I cringed and wished that she wouldn't.

The four of us turned heads in the restaurant. No wonder, I hate to blow my own trumpet too loudly, but we made quite a sight. Halfway through dinner, I heard my phone ping, but I waited. When I did manage to look at the message it just said¾'Traitor, knew I was second favourite! X'. I laughed and Victoria asked me what it was.