Moon Witch Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I have always liked the night. If I could have my way, I would be awake at night and asleep during the day. It is unfortunate that sometimes I have engagements that prevent me from doing so, but for the most part I am free to do as I wish."

"In any case, I'm glad you are still awake." It comes out as a whisper as I once again feel gratefulness wash over me.

"As am I." The small smile that he offers me now warms me. "You should rest some, Selene. I will wake you when we must go to see Hes."

"I don't know if I can sleep right now. Is it okay if I sit here and watch you for a bit?"

"Of course." The boy squeezes my bicep and returns to his papers and things, strewn about on the ground.

As I look at him, scribbling on some pages, my heart fills with hope. Maybe with the help of Byrne and Hes, I'll be back on my way out. I have never been more glad for a friend in this foreign place. I smile at the fleeting thought that perhaps Byrne and I could make our escape from Gra'mariah together.

Despite the aching pains of my body and what I've been through in the past few days, that I can find sanction in Byrne and his library allows my recent stresses and pains to melt away. I curl up in my armchair and yawn, suddenly tired.

The sight of my scholarly friend bent over his books is the last thing I remember before sleep overtakes me.

------

If you enjoy my writing, please consider leaving your comments, voting, and following me. I appreciate your thoughts!