Murder & Gin

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, well-"

"I don't care about the details or if you actually listen, Isaac. I'm just giving you my two cents. Do with it what you will." They didn't let me argue my own points and simply hung up on me.

"Son of a bitch..." I snarled at my phone before setting it down to finish my drink. I stood up, walking over to the mantel to look upon the picture of me and my ex-wife, my wedding band sitting in front of it.

"Well, Hazel... I hope you think I did the right thing..." I ran my padded-finger over the band I normally wore when I was out and gave a resolute nod. "You know what? I'll keep your ring in my wallet, but... I think I'll leave this one here with you from now on... I think that's fair."

I gave the picture a resolute nod and put my paws on my hips. Somehow, someway, I knew things were going to be different going forward. I had some new contacts, one who stood to vastly improve my career, not to mention the retainer gig with the police. Maybe good would come of it, maybe bad, but one way or another, change was on the horizon.

Fin

I hope you've enjoyed this story, my lovely reader. Don't forget to support authors you appreciate, we kick our tails for you guys. Be it sharing, voting, or financially, all support helps. As always I'm nothing without you all!