My Destiny Ch. 01 Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bella and I put our Christmas presents under the tree before we welcomed everyone with a kiss and hug. Ryan and Michael gave me an extra tight hung while Hannah and Annie gave me a knowing smile before kissing me on the lips. Julie arrived just after us and received a very loving welcome from our friends leaving me and Bella to hug her welcome last of all.

Now everyone was present, Michael took an envelope from the tree and gave it to me. Bella was as confused as me when I took it and read the enclosed letter.

Beth,

When I met you a few weeks ago I me a younger mor vibrant version my me. I have reached the end of my flying career as old age has stripped me of my ability to participate in the sport I have enjoyed for so long. This love for adventure comes in second to my undying love for my wife and family.

My children don't share my passion for flying which is the reason I was selling all my aircraft and equipment. I want the aircraft to go to someone with a passion for life and adventure and who would care for the aircraft while enjoying the gift the give you in life.

As such after talking with my beloved and discussion with Michael and Julie I withdrew my original offer of sale for the two seater glider and tabled a revised offer for both my gliders and my faithful little CUB aeroplane along with all the associated equipment. This includes the hangars where they are stored.

The price is not negotiable and I have directed Michael and Julie to never disclose it to you. I know you will enjoy your new acquisitions and I hope you will remember me whenever you fly above this great country of ours.

I wish you well in your future endeavours in life

Your friend

Lindsay.

I read the letter several times, shocked by the contents and amazing gesture from a great man and war hero. I looked at my friends who where standing around me smiling. Michael just smiled and gave me a embrace, telling me not to cry. Julie also hugged me and told me I must never ask about the sale price as they promised Lindsey it was their secret. As Bella was the only one looking confused, I passed her the letter and after reading it screamed with delight as my changed good fortune.

I was wondering what was going on in my universe, in less than six hours I became the owner of a magnificent camera setup but also a "fleet of aircraft". Not only that I was surrounded by six of the most generous loving people I had ever known. These people loved me for who I was...They were my family.

When it was time to head to dinner we had to break up into a couple of cars for the trip. There was a little flustering around as we got ready go and just before Michael opened the door to usher us out, Julie gave me a letter and a set of car keys. This confused me as I was only a learner but then I read the note attached to the keys.

Elizabeth, my darling daughter,

I do love you with all my heart and cannot wait to hold you again. What happened to you is something I will never forgive or forget. I hope one day you might be able to forgive me for not being strong enough to protect you.

It was me decision to get you away from the soulless destiny your father had chosen for you. I want you to grow up free of pain and any shackles that will hold you back from becoming the woman I know you are.

Listen to Julie, she is a wise counsel and knows my wishes and what is best for you. But most of all listen to your heart.

Your father is not aware of any details associated with your current situation and I will endeavour to make sure he remains uninterested in your welfare.

My punishment for letting you down will be not seeing you grow. I accept this for my weakness but pray that it is not a lifelong sentence.

Mother.

P.S Please enjoy this small gift. Be safe, I Love you with all my heart

Julie just nodded and smiled as I rushed out the door to find a brand new Toyota Hilux sitting in the driveway with a fresh set of Lerner plates affixed to the front and back.

This time nothing was going to stop me crying with joy.

To Be Continued