My First Year with Austin Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You should not feel guilty about Austin!" Janice scolded me during our last dinner there.

I was starting to feel depressed about going back home and facing my new life as a single man.

"I'm not... It's just... I cannot just stop thinking about him, it's not that simple!"

"I think the real reason is that, deep down, you still hold on to the hope that you will get back together with him. But you know what we promised each other, we have to stay strong and hold on to our decision."

In a weird way, probably to help herself not to get back with Richard and to feel less alone, Janice was very insistent on this idea that were both "in the same boat".

I was agreeing with her for the most part, but again, Austin was not Richard.

Given the fact that Janice was living in a house primarily owned by Richard and I had been crashing at their place right before the whole runaway bride incident, we were virtually homeless.

We decided in Mykonos that we would rent an apartment together. I thought it was the best thing for the both of us but I was not even sure that I still had a job to return to.

"I left for almost two weeks without giving any notice... Jasper has been texting me that he's doing his best to calm Abrozio down, but I'm pretty sure I'm unemployed." I told Janice at the airport.

"Well, you'd better find a job then! I'm all for the living together situation, I think I'd drive myself crazy living alone, but I won't be supporting your ass, Ty. I've already offered you two weeks of vacation!"

"To be specific, Richard offered me those vacation." I corrected. "And he owed me that!"

Janice rolled her eyes but she did not say anything.

She was scrolling through pictures on her phone, deleting some of them. They were a bunch of photographs featuring her Italian boyfriend.

"Are you going to see Ricardo again?" I asked.

"No... I don't think so. You know that he invited me to live with him in Toscana?"

"Damn... I may have said yes to that."

I looked at a shot of him in speedos, Ricardo was a hottie. She smiled.

"I don't think the Dolce Vita is for me, though. And contrary to some people, I do have a job and responsibilities waiting for me in L.A."

"Your loss. I mean, at least, you get to live with me! Nicholas did not offer me anything. Our relationship was mostly... physical."

I winked at Janice.

"I guess I'm gonna miss Richard... Shit... I meant Ricardo. I'll miss Ricardo a lot!"

I did not make any comment but I suddenly realized how Janice's Italian boyfriend and ex-fiancé were alike. It was even crazy that I had not noticed it before.

Richard and Ricardo... It was almost comical. They were both the same type, tall, confident, wearing expansive watches and with a great sense of style.

Not sure this was really healthy for Janice, but again, I was not one to judge and everybody copes their own ways.

When we landed back in L.A., I had a series of texts to go through. You know, the type of shit you get when you have spent eleven hours in a plane.

Most of them were about the place we were about to rent, a few of them were from Jasper asking me to get to the Man Cave ASAP, and one of them was from Austin.

His texts were becoming rare and I had had no news from him for a good four days. Yes, I was counting the days...

He had texted me a picture.

"Despite everything, I would love for you to meet Lena. I guess I'm officially a daddy now. She's perfect."

Austin holding this tiny precious baby, lying on his bare chest, was one of the cutest things I had ever seen in my life.

At the same time, it reminded me why I had decided to leave him. There was Cassie behind him on the shot, and the three of them looked like the perfect text-book family.

My heart was melting and breaking at the same time.

"Wow. I am genuinely happy for you, Austin. Lena looks stunning, just like her parents. I hope Cassie is doing well." I wrote back to Austin.

I did not tell Janice why I was crying in the taxi who was driving us back to our brand-new apartment.

[MORE TO CUM]

See you next week for more twists and turns! (and some more erotica as well!)

12