All Comments on 'My Marriage'

by oddtomas1

Sort by:
  • 101 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The last sentence of the story...who gives a rip about how good Ray's life is?! He was a big part of the reason things were going south for John! Ruth being the other part. Yeah, John had a part in the near tragedy too, he was responsible for keeping communications and togetherness moving. John should have given Ray's wife a heads up on Ray's new hobby of wife seduction! - TANSTAAFL

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Okay, I guess I don't understand how any adult can write this badly? Half the time I couldn't figure out who was talking. The constant back and forth between POVs doesn't give the story a chance to flow at all. My advice is to go back and study some of the better writers and see how they do it.

Feoalex81Feoalex81over 2 years ago

Even tho she didnt sleep with the other guy she still ended hurting her husband women dont like to use their brian i see

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bullshit!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The change in point of view was tedious and unnecessary.

It was unerotic.

It was uninspiring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just goes to show what causes so many break ups in a relationship "LACK Of real communication " keep up the good work (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was Odd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It has become a fashion over the past year or less for people to write stories that bounce between 2 or more POVs. OK, I know this is an amateur site, and most people probably do not have any aspirations regarding their writing. So I shouldn't expect much.

However, comments are open ..

This style of writing is lazy at worst, and simply unskilled at best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There may have been a story in there somewhere, but all the flopping in and out of the characters heads made it unreadable. Pick a narrator. Tell the story with that narrator. Anything else is just bad, lazy, and sloppy writing.

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

A good idea. Some polish needed. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story of a loving couple

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Awful. I felt like a tennis ball bouncing between the two characters. Please learn how to punctuate dialog.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She almost screwed up. Glad it worked out...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Terrible writing, disappointing story.

Rob5373Rob5373over 2 years ago

I gave it 4* because of the story theme. Common sense and commitment prevailed as it should. It would have more of an impact if you had used first person throughout with both of them speaking. The emotion needs to come out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Where to begin...you might want to finish middle school before you get near this site again.

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

If my wife ever said that to me, it would be instant divorce. PERIOD. But then again, it is your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Unrealistic, stilted and without much cohesion. How does an author expect the reader to believe that a wife takes so much direction from someone who has ill intent for her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was “ok”. Ruth was bored…but by her own words, not because of sex, which she said was the highlight of their relationship. So her so.Union is to try to get hubby to let her have sex with another guy?

.

So why not find other things to fill her life? Bored at work? Change jobs or quit. Get a hobby. How about some friends?

.

John’s reaction was novel, and effective. He recognized that he had a role to play in the relationship, and his “exercise” exposed it…and HE changed. And the relationship was rescued.

.

Your back and forth change of 1st person perspective was dizzying! That robbed tale of a star.

.

3 ***

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 2 years ago

The structure of this story is just a mess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why would he not tell the other guys (Ray) wife? Ray was willing to ruin his marriage so Ray deserves the same. I would have walked over to her at that dinner and explained why he asked Ruth to dance so the wife can then get after her husband. A wife will know when her husband is lying so anything the Doc says would be know.

Lastly, I would have held off having kids with her for a long time. Every time she brings it up I would remind her of this event and say I am still not willing to trust her and no way when I divorce do I want child support.

KristieBechirKristieBechirover 2 years ago

Please get an editor.

Carioca_ManCarioca_Manover 2 years ago

OK. The writing and plot were good.

But the main point, which was communication, was flawed.

Only a decade in and were already like this?!?!?!

Another point was the opening she gave the doctor.

The story doesn't make that clear, but she was very easy about it.

John did what he had to do. He put his point of view and kept his footing.

She was wrong again when she chatted with the doctor, forcing a date.

As far as I was concerned, John Deveri had gone out with the girl who had danced, only to make Ruth's thoughts even more troubled.

It all ended up leading to a reconnection, where they both realized their flaws and she understood how close she had come to losing her husband.

He accepted her, once again, even though he was on the verge of divorce. I confess it takes more courage than it sounds.

I offer 3 stars, if the asshole had suffered a slight accident, I would have given 4 stars. But John is kind hearted and not vindictive.

I didn't buy the part where the doctor thanks the counselor for the indication... And because life is good.

But that's just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Geez, get an editor, or maybe ten. You have zero writing skills.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice Story

AbctoyAbctoyover 2 years ago

Good read. Good Loving Wife Story.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

You might have made a fair story out of this but your formatting sucked. You switched from first to second to third person randomly. If you are going to tell it from each person's point of view do that. No each line of vocabulary switching back and forth. You even have Ruth saying "I said this to john and ruth said that.." You simply could not keep it straight. This made the story very hard to read.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

Would have scored higher if Ray hadn't gotten off so easily. John should have had a word with Ray's wife while they were dancing. That would have been a more interesting outcome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

EHhhh...Sheeesh!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The writing was less than fluent, but some real thought went into the plot, which is rare here. You went a bit off the tracks with this: "Hoping I will feel so much in love and want to make you happy that I will go along with you fucking that guy all weekend." Given the development of the story, the comment should have been something along the lines of "Hoping that I won't divorce you for proposing I accept your adultery." Fortunately, things got back on track. Nice job overall, and much better than the repetitive cuck slop that regularly appears in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Story structure is a mess. Feels very robotic. The reader can’t feel the emotions. Final killer, there’s nothing new in the plot. It’s all been said and done before, only written much more eloquently. Sorry. 3* for the effort, but not enjoyable in the least.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story reads like something third grader would write. Two stars only.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just another garbage story thrown into loving wives. Pathetic author and story. One Star.

mainer42mainer42over 2 years ago

Good story. writing could have a bit smoother to read but loved the story. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An earlier comment said "He recognized that he had a role to play in the relationship, and his “exercise” exposed it…and HE changed. And the relationship was rescued." Uh, no. Nothing was rescued, because she's still a so-called 'wife' that's willing to step out on him if everything doesn't go her way. He just decided to accept that and cross his fingers. Pathetic, really.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sad story that can only be appreciated by sad pathetic insecure men.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story was decent and I didn’t mind the different perspectives. It needs to be identified better. I’m hoping English is not your primary language. You need an editor very badly. It was like reading robots talking.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

You have the idea for a pretty good story, but you need an editor to help you with dialogue and flow. Like another commenter said, the dialogue was stiltet, people don’t talk like that. It read like a Google translation from another language. Also, how does he watch his wife dance with Ray, the man who wants to destroy his marriage, while the asshole’s wife is also present. Go have a talk with her and let Ray suffer a little pain also. As to your last line, why would they give a rat’s ass about Ray’s marriage?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your writing skills and story telling need some work. You changed perspectives so often, even you got confused by who was telling the story.

pummel187pummel187over 2 years ago

Ray needs to be punched in his fucking throat!!!

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 2 years ago

You lost me with this one

Both of us wanted sex. So did John, but we stayed celibate.

Who was the third person?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Don't be too critical of Ruth. I could be her, and for years I craved a regular date for hard and kinky sex, neither of which my husband would provide. I finally found my man, and my life and my marriage benefited greatly from my nasty liaisons.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Last line was superfluous, who gives a fuck about Ray?

MonsieurXMonsieurXover 2 years ago

Unreadable. Confusing changes in point of view. Random tense changes. Pass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just another heartless Cunt wife story with a sissy coward husband. Pathetic! And 8f you don't like the comments then don't read them you wining little bitches

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Unreadable. Please find someone else to edit your stories before publishing. When the writing is this bad, it's just not hot.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

The plot was different and danced around a lot of clichés that always stream along behind the 'announcement' stories like remoras following a shark. Please learn to write conventional dialogue, as the John/Ruth tags were distracting. There's a reason most scripts have these tags in the left margin. I'd like to see moments, vignettes which shaped their month, given more a more detailed treatment. And John's little snit, even if he drew back from it, needs to earn him a 90-day Man Card suspension. 4/5.

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Enjoy your stories. I'm guessing English isn't your first language and the translation to English makes your stories a little choppy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

John should have a conversation with Ray's wife he was dancing with his. Then kick in the nuts a couple of times when the dances were over. Then decide whether or not to go home with his own wife.

tangledweedtangledweedover 2 years ago

That was....awkward...as fuck.

MetalRabbit51MetalRabbit51over 2 years ago

This is a morality play about the sanctity of marriage. Chastity is upheld, no one transgresses. No erotic content, just a cautionary tale. Sorry, this does nothing for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story about beating temptation. But only one thing, at the end about Ray going to the therapist...who gives a shit about Ray??

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Haha okay whoever said this story was sad by insecure men. Umm how is wanting to keep your wife from screwing another dude and her rediscovering her live of her husband insecure? Being secure doesn't mean you let other dudes bang your wife or get into cuck life, security level has nothing to do with it. Oh and before anyone says "if you're secure then you can easily find someone else" obviously have never loved someone enough to marry them. It's because you give them your soul and if you feel that is taken for granted does not mean in any way of being insecure. People need to really learn what insecure and secure really mean.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

His wife had decided to fuck another man. She had evaluated the significance of fucking another man on her marriage, what it said about her character and personality, her values, her regard for her marriage and her husband, and her final choice was to fuck her coworker. So she asked permission. What aspect of betrayal and disrespect was left? How about if your pregnant wife asked you for permission to have an abortion? No discussion, no explanation other than she didn't want to be pregnant right then. The only thing stopping her from killing your child was you saying yes or no.

The marriage was over when she decided she wanted to commit adultery. Asking her husband to grant his permission and accept her betrayal simply proved how little she respected herself, their marriage, and her husband. We are asked to believe that they completely reconciled within a month, after some dating and dinners? A stupid hypothesis. Next time she won't ask. But she'll wait till the kids are born to keep the husband on her leash. If the husband doesn't take steps to protect himself and his future children then at least we can understand that his wife wanted to fuck a man with a brain, for a change. Thanks for the effort.

Rocky62Rocky62over 2 years ago

Save marriage in30 days but be celibate?? Not! Should be fucking like rabbits

Finchy1955Finchy1955over 2 years ago

Not bad but you are in need of help with your writing unfortunately it was that bad I stopped reading

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

***Thanks for the read.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 2 years ago

Was he perhaps a voracious reader?

KoxokKoxokover 2 years ago

John would have been better off if he divorced her right away while she had a job. Now she can get him for alimony and child support.

tazz317tazz317over 2 years ago
LIFE IS GOOD......'NOW'

but think what had to have happened to reach this level. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cured my insomnia

oneputtoneoneputtoneover 2 years ago

This story of a sexually bored and needful wife, her conflicted, confused, and yes, indecisive husband would not have fit very well of men and women in

DanDraperDanDraperover 2 years ago

I'm reading these kind of stories a lot lately. Wives letting their husbands know they're planning on cheating on them and somehow expect the husband to be ok with it. Why would any woman think that's a good idea? No husband would ever be ok with that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No way any man would be ok with this. Realistically, not only would he divorce that bitch he would've kicked that other guys ass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Don't know which is worse. The bad story, or the bad writing style.

MafenMafenover 2 years ago

Irritatingly ungrammatical. You don't know how to use quotation marks, at all..

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 2 years ago

Very difficult to follow! Might help considerably if you got a native English-Speaker to translate it into something more Reader-friendly, as attention and concentration are rendered very vulnerable by being obliged to stop, and re-read several sections over-and-over again to make SOME sense of it all, or just skim through it missing-out whole chunks!

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

Once upon a time there was a story with the right ending! Did you do well and I liked it, even if the story sometimes seemed sterile .. Thanks for posting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The reality that you are writing in English as a second language is really apparent in this story. From other stories you have submitted I would say that you are more comfortable and getting better with each story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I made a comment just moments ago that was in error. This is not an early posting but you may continue to expand you knowledge of use of written English.

maninconnmaninconnover 2 years ago
Again, an interesting premise.

But not well written. An editor or at least a proofreader would help.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Once upon a time is right. By simply asking, she destroyed all present and future trust. What would have happened in reality is (1) immediate divorce or (2) the mother of all postnups written and signed and YEARS of him monitoring her every move.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I would have divorced her... It would have broke my entire being to do so but what kind of life would you have knowing that your woman, your love, your best friend wanted to have sex with another, not only that but had the balls to say it to your!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

First, Ray's wife should have been informed of what her husband was up to. Second, get a DNA test for that kid. Don't over-think it, just do it.

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Should have divorced her. She WILL try to do this again in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

HVe a baby with s in e that just said wanted to cheat? Hmmmm no.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 2 years ago

I think you need a ghost writer.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

In the storyline as far as I am concerned, she tried to get a hall pass, what kind of a faithful wife does that. If that was her attitude towards their marriage he needed to bail on the marriage before having any kids. Even though the storyline had them stay together I would wager that this whole scenario would arise again and then he would have alimony and child support, then not a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If she is thinking about doing it, then she will do it, it's just when that's the question. "it's the thought that counts".

BigDee44BigDee44about 2 years ago

4 four hope for the future. There was good interaction between the couple.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 years ago

Good story. The dialogue was good, but the point of view changed too often, and each train of thought too short.

The parts I find unlikely:

- John was able to stay calm when Ruth made her request,

- that they were able to not discuss the elephant in the room for a month

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No one gives a shit about Ray’s outcome.

Flake..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It was a decent story, but the constant heading between John & Ruth was a bit much & could've been written differently. A couple other thoughts:

-- 10yrs married & they're just thinking about having children?

-- Wife's unhappy with her marriage, leading to thinking about the weekend. Of course, Dr. Ray was probably full of shit talking about his marriage & feelings towards his wife. On the other hand, there's nothing indicating that she tried talking to her husband about her unhappiness or suggesting something - anything! - to stop the declining falling of their marriage.

-- Ruth's idea of improving her marriage: a weekend hall pass so she could fuck another guy? Again, without trying to improve her marriage 1st? Her asking that because of the above speaks about what she is.

-- Husband's right in worrying that she'll be liking sex with Ray more than liking sex with him. And who's to say that, if she did, she'll sneak around with Ray for more?

-- The month long idea was good. And was the stimulus to their marriage not only continuing, but improving.

But because of the writing, I'm giving this 3 stars. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It seemed odd that he writes her a letter wherein he's going to divorce her and move far away. Then he what? Changes his mind? With no explanations? Too brief an ending with no real reasons.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Unreadable as written with the constant name headings... that's why freakin' dialogue was invented. Then there were all the illogical assumptions, which another commenter addresses, just below. This plot is like a story where a taxi driver shows up to fix a lady's broken garage door and ends up as assuming the identity of a Samurai masquerading as a college music instructor. I mean, "Huh?" Nothing makes sense in this story, either.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If you have to fight for your wife then she’s not worth keeping. One star for this cuckold bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

so how would he know what they do or have done at work before the 30 day trial and during? Just because you "date" your own wife and sleep in another room doesn't mean a damn thing when she already told you she wants a weekend with someone else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

good story. cuckolding is a marriage killer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The story is rubbish. There is trust, but no verification. Therefore, his beliefs at the end of the term are a false result. Not suggesting she cheated, mind you, but under these circumstances, he cannot be certain.

By the way, what in heaven’s name is a “vicarious reader”? It is nonsensical, unless it is a situation during which someone reads to him.

Does the author realize that usage of the term renders the reader to presume the author is an idiot?

Sounds like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, who routinely make up words or phrases on the fly to sound intellectual; rather they are buffoons. Just acks them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Cuckold, dump the bitch

GrendelpuppyGrendelpuppy12 months ago

Not my cup of tea, but I will not cast stones.

tonyneatotonyneato12 months ago

Nice story but Ray needs a kick on the balls !

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

You seem from Germanic stock! Emotionless… writing like a robot or a reporter! The emotionless nature of the story does not allow the reader to actually feel involved!poor effort!

AstordatairAstordatair10 months ago

Enjoyable story. Yes, the writing could use a little refining. But overall, it is a good one. I like the theme. My suggestion: if you disable the anonymous commenting, you will cut at least 75% of the useless and hateful comments. Haters telling you that your story is rubbish or bullshit contribute nothing neither to your work nor to this site in general. Thank you for your writing

RuttweilerRuttweiler9 months ago
Not engaging at all

There is no spark in the story. It’s just a series of tedious and unbelievable lines of dialogue. I’m sorry, but it was just terrible.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It must have been the race track date that put them over the top!

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA5 months ago

The story had a good premise but the monotony of the marriage matched the dialogue between the couple. Maybe a less matter of fact presentation with a couple of adjectives would brighten the tale. On a positive side I liked the story.

shadrachtshadracht5 months ago

The bullet points of the story were good ones, but that's all the story felt like - bullet points. *Nothing* drew us in, made us feel involved. He did this, she said that. He felt this. She did that. Epilogue.

2*

Schwanze1Schwanze14 months ago

She's too stupid to make babies with.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous