All Comments on 'Nin's "Yes" Day'

by Syn_77

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hi! I really enjoyed your first story and am looking forward to read more :)

Stevewu609Stevewu609about 2 years ago

Like the story so far. Love the concept of "yes day." Looking forward to future installments.

**

I suspect this story will eventually require readers to suspend disbelief a bit (it is fantasy after all). So I would say as Nin likely does things that become more and more risky/extreme/humiliating/etc, make sure you give us a believable reason why. I like the use of the escalating commitment bias (so it's a bit of a slow burn at first, but it eventually becomes very "juicy," to use your term, in a believable way). Overcome by horniness in the moment and making a dumb decision is another good device. You could also use a more external commitment device (like she asks somebody to hold her accountable to yes day or somehow is able to use some sort of technology some how to hold herself accountable or somebody finds out and decides to hold her accountable or lots of people find out and she thinks renegging is worse than whatever humiliating things is being asked of her or what have you).

**

Anyway, just something to think about. Had Nin just gone straight to posting nudes of herself on her Facebook page, it would've been too unbelievable in the story at that point. But her posting nudes to her Facebook could be believable in the future, if you continue to set it up right. You've already set it up a bit. Someone daring her to post nudes to her facebook wouldn't be too unbelievable, since it's something that has already happened that everyone knows about, and isn't out of the blue.

KarotteKarotteabout 2 years ago

What a great idea - I love it. The slow start is really great - to be honest, I would have even preferred, if she would have chickened out before posting the pictures online. For the future plot, it would be a great development in my opinion, if her best friend would slowly figure out her "yes-day" concept and would then take the lead - protecting her on the one hand but pushing her borders on the other hand (and stopping her from chickening out).

jennyphiljennyphilabout 2 years ago

Well done, an original and unusual concept! Looking forward to more?

RuinationRuinationabout 2 years ago

I was a bit sad that she didn't posted the nudes on facebook, but I guess having to say Yes to any request from anonymous users on a meme site may be a setup for more interesting things.

zooliciouszooliciousabout 2 years ago

Definitely looking forward to more.

bottovarnisbottovarnisabout 2 years ago

sweet! I'd like to see more. Good style and nice tease. Thank you

Syn_77Syn_77about 2 years agoAuthor

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you know how blown away I am by you all. When I wrote this, I was thinking, "Yeah I'll post it, maybe get a hundred views by the end of the month. Maybe a comment or two."

It's been about 48 hours since the story was posted and it has almost six thousand views. That's.... terrifying.... But also really awesome!

At this time, I'm most of the way through chapter two. I would be farther along, but I keep getting sidetracked adding to the draft of chapter three. I've got plans in the works and I've taken your comments to heart. Thank you to everyone who is reading this.

More Nin on the way soon!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

fantastic start, thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous