All Comments on 'No Questions Asked Pt. 03'

by Choppedliver

Sort by:
  • 228 Comments
WolfenSS69WolfenSS698 months ago

No backbone!!! The husband takes her back. I would just ghosted. There is no way she was loyal.

OOAAOOAA8 months ago

Well....., I would have expected a different ending... What about Dave cannot get over all the pain and their relationship goes to a crash from there...?

Nice story, buit I would have put more drama at the end... I think it goes with all the pain suffered...

payenbrantpayenbrant8 months ago

Hmmmmm....given everything she put him through by not talking with him about how she felt....?

I am pretty sure her sexuality was not the problem in their relationship. I know plenty of straight men married to TRULY bisexual women who are faithful and loyal to their spouses. Her reasoning makes no sense, nor does any of the drivel she spouted.

That being said, a well written but long winded tale. Long winded is not a bad thing if one wishes to take their time and read through it all. I am surprised at the lack of emotional strength in our main character. With all of the trauma that the wife was purposefully pushing onto him (yes I know she was mentally unbalanced while she did it, doesn't matter she has to take responsibility for her actions!) He was basically being abused emotionally by his spouse.

The fact he allowed her to do all of this to him makes me feel very leery about their future together.

I still commend the author on a thought provoking if aggravating at times story! :-)

4.5 stars!

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

JonnyRegJonnyReg8 months ago

The whole premise was a cacophony of nonsense, but that ending somehow topped it. It just petered out into nothingness. But thankfully I'm now aware of internet tests that let you know if you're gay. And if those don't work you can go to a doctor to get a battery of tests that will give you a definitive answer. I assume that involves shining a light in one's eyes and possibly drawing some blood.

Rw43Rw438 months ago

So the conclusion is that she is with Dave because no one else does it for her.

<>

She says she’s finally done looking (until the next fashion mag comes out). 8 pages say she shouldn’t have gotten married and made vows she felt she could explain away.

<>

I’m glad she has now achieved some kind of status as Having the Potential To Be a Faithful Spouse. Now the real test begins: does she want to be. If her husband were as immature and self-centered as her, she would no longer have a husband to be faithful to. She needs to throw away her rear view mirror and get on with life.

<>

NOW. Stop thinking about it.

<>

NOW.

<>

<>

<>

Seriously, if she’s still looking in the rear view, it’s because she doesn’t want to move on. That’s not “overthinking”. That’s “wallowing in doubt.” I had a professional counselor tell me once that the best way to stop it is to. Stop. It. I hope she loves him enough to do so, but I doubt it.

<>

CL, you could probably add 8 more pages—no, make it 16!—of Bea’s continued self-doubt. Please don’t! But I don’t think she’s done. I think my comment will end long before her self doubt will, because that’s what she loves most. Prove me wrong.

ArdieffArdieff8 months ago

She is too much drama for too little return. Honestly Dave should just move on.

Reader2071Reader20718 months ago

The author really writes the women as stupid. The astronaut, the hero and this one all are completely over the top idiots. The do everything they can to sabotage their marriages and then can't understand why it's not going their way. I'm not sure about this story, but the Hero woman should have been divorced.

bdsmbillbdsmbill8 months ago

Regarding your comment at the end about starting a sentence, let me answer that. For reference, I am a retired professor of English and writing, so consider this to be an expert opinion. As I always told my students, people do not generally speak with perfect grammar. So, grammar rules don’t apply inside the quotes. Trying to have perfect grammar inside the quotes will make your dialog seem stilted. Feel free to message me if you would like further discussion. Hey, I’ll even give you a link to my books.

nestorb30nestorb308 months ago

Bea in clinical terms is a wackadoodle.

Rw43Rw438 months ago

Re nestorb30:

I love that term! It's so evocative.

Have you seen the musical instrument/kids toys called Wackadoodles? They are a load of fun. You can watch videos on YouTube of some outstanding Wackadoodle performances.

Rw43Rw438 months ago

Re nestorb30:

Sorry! Just found out they're called Boomwhackers instead. My bad!

HighpikeHighpike8 months ago

I think I simply want to echo peyanbrant’s comment. I also wholeheartedly agree with bdsmbill.

DreddrasDreddras8 months ago

This whole premise comes across as weirdly homophobic. As if same sex attraction is some affliction. And given that she hasn't lost her attraction to her husband, the whole weekend away is pointless. Pretty much everyone is attracted to people other than their partner. But if you are in a committed monogamous relationship, you don't act on that attraction.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamer8 months ago

To me this was the worst of the three, but I can't put my finger on the reason. (Still liked them all) Maybe it's because the nutcase wife got off too easy.

EightyThousandEightyFiveEightyThousandEightyFive8 months ago

There’s a certain amount of suspension of disbelief that everyone is willing to give to fiction, and it varies from person to person. This tipped the bucket for me. The treatment of sexual preference like it’s a death sentence is too out there to get past.

She’s attracted to women, maybe? So? She has to be attracted to other men too… does she feel compelled to stray with them? What’s the difference? It’s about character, not some mythic biological suicide pact.

dragonmann72dragonmann728 months ago

Bea waited for Dave to focus; she was overwhelming him. He was not a happy man, the sorrow in him was on a logarithmic rise.

Bea continued softly

Now I'm cured. And I'm completely yours! Now my biggest fear is that you won't think that's any reward after all I've put you through.

So she puts him through hell and now everything is wonderful (for her)

She died her hair blonde for me.

So she killed her hair just for Bea, maybe nurse Nancy had more feelings for than we are lead to believe?

300WSM300WSM8 months ago

Main character shouldn't be allowed out without a caretaker. She cant make love to a woman without being drunk, but thinks she may be bi and will risk her marriage to find out?

Maybe husband should run.

Turning502019Turning5020198 months ago

Cockamamy. That is all.

secretsalsecretsal8 months ago

The Fourth Man works because the reason behind the secrecy is legit, it's a straight-up abuse of trust with word play. A lot of selfishness and heartache to unpack. This one felt more comical without the jokes. Author has writing skills (hampered by the oft-cited tendency to repeat things endlessly and have characters go hysterical at the drop of a hat), but this story doesn't really leave much room for it to shine.

miket0422miket04228 months ago

That's some classic female logic.

I'm afraid I'll cheat on my husband so let me go cheat on my husband as a way to prove to myself that I would never cheat on my husband.

Dave not checking his messages so that Bea could come home to find him emotionally distraught and clueless as to how her final exam turned out was very cliche and obvious. For me that detracted from the story rather than leading to some kind of emotional build up.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove8 months ago

No chihuahua.. . Oh well

.

“ Bea stared into Dave's eyes, she had begun to shake, her angst was building to detonation, "That means my love for you is driving me to cut your guts out by being with another person. I am so fucked up I have to cheat on you to know what measures to take to stay faithful to you. To secure my future fidelity I need to be unfaithful now. I know ... it's completely twisted."

Bea actually screamed in frustration! ”

.

She isn’t the only one. Yep; as one commentator put it in part two—a shaggy dog story.

.

I wonder what she will do when she overthinks something else, like whether the actions of her husband a few years from now are evidence of him having an affair or not?

.

Then her name could profitably be changed from Bea to Hildy…

looking4itlooking4it8 months ago

I know you tried to explain it with compulsion and over thinking but I do not understand thinking she had to know if she was bi. Certainly if she is into men then there are men in the world she would be attracted to. However, she apparently loves Dave enough to overlook them, appreciate that they appeal to her, but ignore any sort of need to meet them Emotionally, physically, or both, because she has what she needs, and her husband. So, even if she is bisexual, shouldn’t she be able to do the same thing with women? Knowing whether she is bisexual or not shouldn’t be necessary if she has the person that she wants to be with. She even stated as much, when she came back, he would be the only one for her. I think, at best, she was truly focused on whether she was bi or not, and then need to experience that was the true underlying reason for her trip. To me, it was more believable that there was no closure from her lesbian experience in college, and she needed to have that experience more than finding a way to combat an attraction to women in her life in order to protect her message.

Interesting story, but more about how some people can convince themselves of something being true by obsessing about it.

hindsight2020hindsight20208 months ago

Sorry, the story just makes no sense.

Cheating is cheating is cheating...

So if he one day realizes he may be attracted men in general or to women with larger breasts or tighter vaginas, he should go to a sex therapist and experience them to find out?

No!

Monogamy is not based on others you may or may not also find attractive.

JUST NO!

1*

AccelarVesterAccelarVester8 months ago

I was hoping for a better ending. Dave's reaction while she was gone didn't seem real. I would have had Bea go readio-silent while she was in Houstson. Not distracted by her huband. This would have driven Dave batty.

Thanks.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit8 months ago

There’s still the issue that she didn’t initially trust Dave enough to confide her past, and her deepest concerns. Part of that was self doubt about her ability to protect their marriage. Instead she put on a very convincing performance, for years. How does he trust that she won’t do the same over other issues? Dave has good reason to wonder whether part of her decision to marry him, was to hide from her fears; that maybe he was a compromise, and she still needed to discover whether he was really ‘the one.’

Bham487Bham4878 months ago

Wow. I feel like she created this situation just to have some drama in her life. The writing was okay but the plot was just a waste of time.

StoneyWebbStoneyWebb8 months ago

I applaud the author for the buildup. However, the payoff didn't come near to match that level. Still, I'm sure it kept many readers coming back, hoping to find something more at the end. I sure there was a lot of disappointment. This story is as I mentioned after the first part, much like a story I read a year or two ago. The setup was identical. The wife had to go away and do something but couldn't tell the husband. But I was wrong about how I thought this story would end. I thought she might find she preferred women and came back to tell her husband goodbye. Instead, this story ended like the other one I read.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19558 months ago

No. Most men would have been long gone the minute she asked for a weekend without them and no questions asked. The writing was good but the story dragged and the husband was a wimp. How does he know there weren’t 2 sex therapists? One male and one female so she can decide? After all, she came home saying she loves cocks. I could only rate this a 3 due to the wimpy husband. If there was a more manly response, it could have rated higher.

GamblnluckGamblnluck8 months ago

I have to say I was disappointed at the outcome. I have two main issues. One was the stuff you did NOT say in 8 pages of rambling. For one, the big thing was the locked suitcase and it was never mentioned again. Nor was there ever any satisfactory explanation for why it was mentioned in the first place.

This chapter begins when goes into a long convoluted explanation of her former sex life. Not in a tight concise manner, but a rambling discourse. The only laugh I had was the mistake of the "OPPRESSIVE YOLK". Turned out this story laid an egg.

So Dave is depressed. Detail about walking around the house nude. Going out to put air in his tires, and getting an egg sandwich. All this to be his new life. From the way Bea rambled and described it, they had not been married long enough for him to get out of the habit of being single. You never mentioned a thing about it.

She goes into a thing about STD's and her not wanting a 'flare up.' And not wanting Dave to be inconvenienced by not getting any sex for a while while she is cured. Utter nonsense and almost a rambling. It showed she was expecting a full exchange of body fluids...well 'if it came to that'.

Then it all comes down to finding she was not compatible with the woman sex surrogate. And her explanation was she must like guys! Yeah, but that wasn't tested. Not guys in general. Dave's first normal reaction would have been 'Did they test that, too?" Her explanation was stupid. "I lasted two minutes of seven in heaven' What the Hell is seven in heaven if not just an attempt to fluff up this story with flowery descriptions that make little sense.

I do not mind long stories even if broken down to reasonably lengths. In fact I like them. But this was a short story prolonged by ridiculous dialog that normal people would never use. If you had Dave be some pompous prick side character who spoke that way to put others down, that would be one thing. But both did.

The way your dialog went like this: "Ahh my sweets, love of my life, guardian of my soul, would you be ever so kind as to bring me a chalice of that exquisite beverage fresh-brewed from choice roasted hand selected beans from South America? i'd love a cup of that hot elixir of life's essence." instead of, "Hey, on your way back would you grab me a cup of coffee, please. I started a fresh pot just before I sat down." That is how normal people speak.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19698 months ago

sorry. didn't care for this whole dog-chasing-tail story with a lot of repetition and a truth that wasn't that big of a deal... although, I don't know if anyone needs to be face down in the clam dip to determine if they are straight, bisexual or lesbian. Should be easier than that, and if it isn't then get to a trained professional for help.

The wife asked for something no one should, gave a deceptive story, refused to give answers, showed no trust in her husband to share the truth and she came out looking dumb or mentally ill.

The husband was not assertive enough. The story should have been one page long, ending with the husband telling the wife, "without telling me the details the answer will always be no. You're saying trust me but are showing no trust in me. What I will say yes to is marriage counselling, because that question shows our marriage is on life support."

GamblnluckGamblnluck8 months ago

You had nuggets of inspiration but covered it up by the way you said it. Bea was uncomfortable before she left saying she did not know if she'd reject her assigned 'lover' because she could be perceived as interfering with the marriage. Then why go.

She continually confused mild attraction with infatuation and sexual desire. Then she confused not being compatible with the naked, married sex surrogate she hoped into bed with as being a testimony to her real sexual orientation. It was almost like she expected to have a good time with any naked blonde she touched just because she liked blondes if she was lesbian. No emotional link needed. Those things were a little deep but she came home happy.

Before she left, she asked if her bullshit had "erased me from your heart". Why didn't she say like 'are you pissed enough at me for my bullshit that you are already thinking our marriage is over."

And Dave is a dumb ass as described. He finally, after days of long-winded pleading he gets the story out of her (end of chapter two) but not exactly what is supposed to happen. He never asks HOW the 'tests' are to be conducted. He never checks out the doctor. Is it scam or a real thing. No discussion of who is paying for all this because it certainly is not gonna be covered by insurance, not even Obama care. And it still bugs me he never asked about the secrecy of that locked suitcase she put out for him to see. This was a story that could have been better told with half its length and with the plot holes covered.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc8 months ago

I get where you wanted to go with this spin of a trope, but the logic construct of the main plot line was simply needed nonsensical. On top of that, Dave was little more than a human Alexa, never questioning her core arguments. 3.7*

MormonJackMormonJack8 months ago

Hey Chopped. Thanks again for sharing with the rest of us! Much appreciated.

I seem many have commented on this or that of your story. I'm not half the author of them or of you. My thought that I would like to say is this: you do a great job of demonstrating the conflict, the angst and pain of the husband, and lack of understanding of the wife. With all the angst that Dave clearly felt, I can't understand why he 'falls on his sword' to let her go and then waits, again in angst, for her to let him know how it all turns out. My point being, I don't know what switch was flipped from telling her that if she went their marriage would be irreparably damaged, to accepting her tryst. I do like that he admits that he never trusts her fully after that. (That part really helped me appreciate the story.)

Again, thank you very much for putting yourself out there to share your stories!

Paiger123Paiger1238 months ago

I like the ideas in your stories but, generally by the end, I don’t like either of the main characters- your female MC’s always ends up looking like an air headed narcissist and the male MCs seem pathetically weak and over analytical.

jkthekatjkthekat8 months ago

Sorry, too wordy and did not make sense to me. In reality, I would have left after the first

'hall pass' moment. Oh well, it's just fiction.

HargaHarga8 months ago

I think there is a story here but its camouflaged with your wordsmithing and endless prose which just gets annoying. You could have told this story in one chapter without trying to prove how clever you are. 3*

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat8 months ago

Dave is a pure wimp that has a batshit crazy woman for a wife. He should have divorced her ass over this drama, rather than supporting it. In effect, he just signed up for 40 years of crazy instead of happiness. 1*

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now8 months ago

Well, I liked the story. I thought Dave was way too accommodating - but it's your fictional world - you call the shots.

BrentJWBrentJW8 months ago

I'm disappointed. I was expecting some kind deep exploration of how a bisexual persons "nature" affects their marriage and how each partner resolves those feelings. Instead, it was an overdramatized build up of a great secret that turned out to be nothing of consequence. Why?

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat8 months ago

An observation that each chapter was rated substantially lower than the previous one.

There was a story here that held promise that just got worse as it unfolded ending with 2 very unlivable characters.

RePhilRePhil8 months ago

By the end of the story we have learnt to dislike both of these characters immensely. The repetitive dialogue was too much. Consistently burying Dave under tonnes of horseshit didn’t work at all it just made him seem like a shadow on the wall. At best a mere reflection of a man.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

If it was me i would have said no to her request in the beginning. A lack of answers and a refusal to open her suitcase would have had me packing the rest of her shit up, for when she arrived home. By the time he story ended i hated both the husband and wife. Him for being to weak to stand up to his wife, and her for expecting him to say yes without asking questions.

RR431RR4318 months ago

Would have been better at 1/10 length.

Harryin VAHarryin VA8 months ago

AUTHOR.... Are you so fucked up in the head rhat you actually think this is a good story that you've written.?.

.

The story is so bad so awful in every possible that I can only conclude that you're judgment your intellect. Your sense of perspective is so fucked up that you must be here in real life georgE Costanza OR eric trump.

.

DUDE get mental help

Harryin VAHarryin VA8 months ago

LETS GO OVER SOME OF THE POINTS...

.

1 THE HIDDEN WIFES PAST. THING.. I don't know what it is with all of you really bad loving wife story authors but this does not happen in real life. Men and women do not get married and have absolutely no idea of what the previous dating and sexual history was like. That's not the real world. Of course a spouse is not going to know every single thing about their significant others past. But in this case the wife's actions and the secrecy and her willingness to make her husband suffer just so she can figure out her own sexuality is utterly ridiculous and contrived.

2. It's taken how many pages and thousands of words before we finally get to the heart of the matter about why the wife feels. She has to go to Houston period again. In the real world, nothing that the wife.

.

In the real world This entire conversation enxt from chapter 1 and 2 would never have happened.

3. Throughout the story in all three chapters the first thing we Read in almost every paragraph is how the wife recognizes that her husband is in a great deal of pain ONLY because of her actions.. There no need to say it every single paragraph on every single page.

.

THE PERFECT CHRIST LIKE MEN... in all of your stories all of the husbands and male characters are perfect christ-like human beings. Men who think that for some reason it is their job to take incredible amounts of abuse neglect and manipulation simply to make their wives happy. Consider this ridiculous over the top mindless idiotic dialogue

.....she shook her head strongly, "No, it isn't. Not this time. This gift is beyond the pale. You're doing the opposite of what's best for you so you can do the best for me. I'll never forget it!"...

.

We see this in the ridiculous, heroine story and the just awful long-winded space story..

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I skimmed it as fast as possible. 1*

truthandjustice99truthandjustice998 months ago

Cowardly husband lets his crazy as a bug cheating wife come back He should have had the divorce papers ready and kick her out

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy598 months ago

You took the time to demonstrate a woman in crisis. It is well developed narrative to be sure. Thank you for an interesting journey and good read. I'm in agreement with 4.5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

So a contrived relationship in a clinical environment is enough of an indicator of someone’s sexual preferences outside in the real world where social interactions are a dominant factor? Seems a bit far fetched.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Not a good story.

WargamerWargamer8 months ago

What did Hamlet say?

Buzz, Buzz!!!!

2/5

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

You continue to waste our time with this.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What a waste of readers time. Dave needs to find another wife he can

have a safe secure future to be with. He should start dating now and tell Brea he needs to be sure there is not some one out there he will fell more secure with. It is only fair after all.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Biggest load of garbage all of that could of been said in two pages all the rest was just waffle.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well a sort of differeny type of story BUT why take so many pages when it could have fitted onto 2 pages in all ???? Rambled on t6oooooo much AND what was in the mystery Travell bag that Dave could not get to see ???? So maNY FALSE LEADS AND no EXPLANATIONS I am sure you will improve Good luck (jaybee186)

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle8 months ago

Good grief! Every paragraph had David waiting to see if she was going to leave him.

Seriously, shit or get off the pot already. If you’re that distrustful, then just get a ducking divorce.

Gmann006Gmann0068 months ago

I start sentences with And. And your story was good. Some people like nutcases as partners

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Nah, the only treatment she needed is delivered via high-voltage shock.

The dialogue was too contrived for me, trying to extend the tension. Some of the logic didn't make sense.

Also, trying to sell the therapy couldn't pass as realistic. There isn't any such thing, in this form.

Finally, with the political temperature of sexual health services these days, when she arrived it was more likely that she was strapped down, given LSD and hormone blockers, had her eyelids taped open and made to watch violent and ugly images of men for days, then she would be loaded up with ecstasy and left in the clutches of four of Dracula's vixens for a two-week stay in a locked room.

Lol.

The most realistic version of this trope is the one I read years ago, where the wife hooked up with her old lesbian fling and it cost her her marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Crap . Utter crap1 star

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What a fucking airhead. Dave should have packed her shit waiting for her at the door.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A self-centred drama-queen.

Why put someone you claim to be besotted over through so much anguish out of the blue like that?

Dave might think she's worth it, many wouldn't.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Painful. So what if she is gay? If she is happily married she should be able to control herself around blonde women just like she should around good looking guys. Not sure why we needed all these pages of dialog and pain.

Shepard_N7Shepard_N78 months ago

Every bit as simpering and maudlin as I expected.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

@JonnyReg,

Didn't you know.

They hang you by your feet and whack your obliongatous definjulator with a knee reflex hammer.

If you are female it causes you to spring an instant, full-on boner.

If you are male, you cry on the Dr's shoulder, wrapping him in a big hug and you have to talk about it.

Don't ask me to describe what happens to the other 53,000+ genders, I don't want to be stalked.

They don't shine a light in your eyes for these tests, but they do draw blood.

.

And you get a PCR test.

.

Mostly conclusive.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

@JonnyReg,

I'm the one who explained the proper medical procedure for you.

.

I forgot to tell you, she could have avoided the whole sorry mess. All she had to do was ask her school teacher, they know what your gender is now.

.

Ahh, but of course.... I'm an idiot. She's an adult, married woman. Her school days are long gone. Sorry I mentioned it. She needed to see a Dr after all.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Her LICK'ER license was revoked! She wouldn't come back to me!

ReadyOneReadyOne8 months ago

Very tedious. An almost random walk that ended up nowhere leaving all emotionally exhausted. Even worse than reading Issac Asmov pontificate pages of logic. How the heck did those two ever get together!

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice8 months ago

Nope. This was my last chance for this author. So many good ideas, so poorly executed. Now on my list to just skip over, along w/ certain others that post a lot, as not to my taste. Aside from the usual drag-the-story-out problem this writer always has, this story has zero understanding of human psychology. Partners don't need to test themselves by getting naked w/ other people they find attractive to see if they will cheat. That's a real WTF. The whole setup w/ the therapist also has the therapist crossing all kinds of ethical lines. Real therapists don't operate this way. No sex therapist would be fine having a married person participating in therapsy while hiding it from their partner. That type of thing is unethical and would result in loss of license to practice. Those are just the obvious groaners. I know this fiction, but it wasn't posted on the site's Sci-Fi & Fantasy category, so I assume the story should have some relationship to reality.

someoneothersomeoneother8 months ago

Author would fare better if he lost his tendency to write too long, starting with cutting back on histrionics and repetition.

The real issue which author does not adequately address is that marriages require both spouses to be open even about the most horrible topics. Secrecy and holding-back are indicators of marriages that are failing.

OldGuy1946OldGuy19468 months ago

Nestorb30 hit the mail on the head.

OG

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The central problem with your premise is the idea that she needs to be unfaithful to find out if she could be unfaithful with women because she is attracted to them sort of. Meanwhile, as she points out in this chapter, she is already clearly attracted to "dicks". So what? --- I'm pretty sure most, if not all, people who practice monogamous relationships are attracted to other people. Faithful people just don't have sex with them. The whole thing just falls on this central point. The woman is irrational and the man is weak.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

For me it was eye-opening in a way. Thank you!

I did know intellectually, but did not really imagine the deep pit you could fall into by self doubt and overthinking. THAT is probably part of her nature, where she really needs therapy. It will come back to them. Her acting reminds me of manic depression, but we see only a small part of her live, and I'm no psychiatrist.

This story helped my imagination. Hard to read, emotionally, for me. You did exceptionally well. 10/5 stars. Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A waste of good writing talent. You can write... but you make it so excruciatingly tedious, repetitive, and drawn out. A bizarre plot to he sure, which is not a bad thing by itself (fiction after all), but chapter 1 had some great mystery and angst. Chapter 2 went sideways. This chapter jumped the shark completely. At no point did you address that the issue should be Fidelity, not sexuality. Most guys would have no problem with a wife who found women attractive ... who cares... but this was a big miss.

RzcanuckRzcanuck8 months ago

Per Ardief "She is too much drama for too little return. Honestly Dave should just move on."

Exactly! Dave should have moved on before the first chapter ended.

MartyMartiniMartyMartini8 months ago

It sucks to be Chopped Liver but this story could have been chopped after Chapter 1.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

All she really needed was whatever meds that cut down the speed and noise in her head. "She tends to overthink." Yer kidding. Dave deserved a Nobel Peace prize.

Strong characters. Thank you.

KaeyoKaeyo8 months ago

1. The entire three part series could have easily cut out the rehashing/repetition and been a single chapter of 3 or at most 4 pages.

2. Bea is seriously screwed in the head. The whole “I love you and need to hurt you and break your heart and trust to be certain I love you.” is for me a non starter. He needs to cut this whackadoodle out of his life and run far and run fast. There can be nothing but heartbreak from her. Time to minimize his losses and start over with someone else who has their head screwed on straight.

Schwanze1Schwanze18 months ago

And when she got home she was served, he was gone and he lived happily ever after

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Jumped right to the last page and.....yep, bullshit raac.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbell8 months ago

To be honest, this was several pages of too much dialog between a couple neurotic basket cases. I don't see any real world scenario in this.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

That was just awful! In the end, no big “reveal”. Bottom line was simply that Bea is a nutcase, and Dave is a wuss.

.

This was NOT entertaining in the end. And it was not entertaining on and on and on and on……

.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great story, to digs deep into relationships and human nature. Hoped for happy ending and got it.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny8 months ago

So you're attracted to some blondes, so what? You're married so you forsake all others, be it a aging smooth lothario from work or a lithe blonde sexpot at a bar, you deny them all the same. Who gives a tuck who you're attracted to? That has no place in the decision tree, full stop

Tomh1966Tomh19668 months ago

I liked it enough to 5 rate it.

You write well. Constructive criticism: Bea repeated the same points too much.

As far as the rest. This is a story about someone who does not exist. You cannot ghost someone who does not exist.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Dreddrasabout 1 hour ago

This whole premise comes across as weirdly homophobic. As if same sex attraction is some affliction. And given that she hasn't lost her attraction to her husband, the whole weekend away is pointless. Pretty much everyone is attracted to people other than their partner. But if you are in a committed monogamous relationship, you don't act on that attraction.******** Well, it is an affliction. How one is attracted to the same sex is just not right. It is a mental affliction, and there is no excuse, other than this that rings true. I would have expected Dave to have grown a pair when she laid out her plans and reason for them. He was cucked, even if was a 2 minute run of cucking. A 1*, its the most I can give it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The interaction in Houston could not have gone any other way.., Well, it really could not. All the consternation at home beforehand put a deserved guilt trip on this dizzy bitch and she was so perplexed 🤔 that she might have suppressed or block and lesbian feelings. Sorry this story was a rambling, duplicitous train wreck. So many repetitive thought that not.if any emotions were gleaned for the M/C’s. 2/5…

Flh3241Flh32418 months ago

Interesting outcome glad to know at least 1 writer here in Lw can keep a couple together

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

"Well", from a so-beginning thist story lapsed into cosmic cretinism. Those who scored this higher than 1 must be cable television watchers.

Frank66Frank668 months ago

Yep, she was definitely guilty of overthinking, absolutely obsessive with over-talking, makes one think that the story teller might be guilty of over-writing. What a complete waste of effort to go thru all this because 'I might have an attraction to beautiful women'.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I’m sorry that I stuck with it. Dumb!

KiwihunterKiwihunter8 months ago

You stated that you should not start a sentence with the word "well". That's correct. You should also not start a sentence with the word "and". They are both conjunctions along with the word but and are used to join two separate ideas into one sentence. They cannot be used to start a sentence.

Also never say "me and you". The correct wat is to say " you and I ". Using the word me, especially in front of the word you highlights a narcissistic, self centred and selfish personality, something you should try and avoid being.

Just a couple of grammatical tips.

FordF150guyFordF150guy8 months ago

I just wanted to tell her to shut the F up, and tell Dave to grow some balls and make a decision. If she is like this now wait until she has post partum depression, or turns 40 and thinks she is not attractive anymore. By the time she is done seeing her shrink she’ll have paid for the shrinks summer home all by herself. If they do have kids don’t let Dave pick the name because by the 3rd grade the kid will still be known as “undecided “. This story was a two pager at most.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wow over done for nothing. As so many others pointed out not being to true to your partner is the same regardless of gender. her questioning her sexual preference is crazy as she is married. Doesn't matter if she wants another woman or another man. When she is married she made her choice to be wither partner. Taking some test to prove she can trust herself is just a crazy twist on the "hall pass" stories or the "I need to find myself" trial separation stories.

If you wanted more drama and angst then have Dave leave and she wonder what he is doing. Have Dave get his time away to see if he really does like woman and wants just her.

This was really long over done and dragged out.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I hate suspense and your story didn't have enough foreshadowing to relieve that suspense. I didn't

like it at all.

TrustingagainTrustingagain8 months ago

I liked the story line, I really did but her explaining her thoughts drove me nuts. I personally would not be married to that type of woman.

I’d give three and a half if we had the half star. Thank you for the story

EastCoaster1EastCoaster18 months ago

Sorry, but I'm just not a fan.

I thought there was an interesting premise at the very beginning, but the back-and-forth about going and the repetitive dialog I found to be somewhat grinding, taking away from any dramatic impact.

The ending did not really resolve the issues, and his "oh...dye your hair blonde" as a solution was too bizarre.

Technically, the writing was good with a few typos that really didn't detract from the story, so I'll try some of your other work to see if it's me, or if it was just this story.

BigDee44BigDee448 months ago

So much gnashing of teeth.

GreyMatter46GreyMatter468 months ago

Great story telling. The conversations were a bit too complex at times, but maybe that was needed to put a feeling to the depth of the emotions at play. Again, great job!

c24jc24j8 months ago

I still see this as nonsense. She could have done the exact same tests, but with a really handsome guy . . . and have everything fizzle out simply because the guy was NOT her husband, and she didn't care about him. Would that, by the logic here, mean she was gay?

Further, despite her tests, she could meet some woman tomorrow, beautiful or not, who she actually finds she cares about, totally identifies with . . . one whom she's quite capable of loving! Oh my! Is she now primarily gay?

The idea that in testing one can somehow totally and completely separate romantic attraction, intellectual attraction, social attraction, sensual attraction, and sexual attraction is ridiculous . . . in healthe individuals, all can be intertwined. I think the author (or at least the people and psychiatrists in this piece) come from some really messed up cultural and/or religious backgrounds, and seem to have some serious delusions about human attractions . . . especially human sexuality.

katibkatib8 months ago

Talented author, but oh my! Ho Hum-soporific after part one.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userChoppedliver@Choppedliver
I started reading on Literotica in 2013 after a small case of what was supposed to be terminal cancer. I had a lot of chemo, radiation, and surgery. Yet (obviously) here we are. My body had been though the ringer and simply didn't function in all sorts of ways. I married my hi...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES