All Comments on 'Nudism and Sex'

by jehoram

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
exhibitionistguyexhibitionistguyover 3 years ago
Interesting Commentary

The nudist literature emphasizes the wholesomeness of the nudist lifestyle. Many nudists are true to the philosophy, but you'd have to be naïve to think that that swinging isn't happening at nudist camps behind camper doors.

Have you actually visited a nudist camp on a regular basis? Have you ever attended a nudist dance after midnight? Have you witnessed how much drinking takes place at "family-oriented" nudist clubs?

It is an obvious fact that nudist clubs attract swingers, voyeurs, and exhibitionists as well as people who just like to be nude. I don't think there is anything wrong with people taking pleasure in letting other people see them nude or looking at others with sexual thoughts in their minds as long as they are discreet and don't offend anyone.

jehoramjehoramover 3 years agoAuthor
in response...

Yes, I've been to a few nudist resorts where there was an erotic component, but I think that they're rare, and that mainstream nudism isn't about that. I've also been to a few nude beaches where there was public humping, but that's the sort of thing that freaks out the regulars, because it can lead to a nude beach being closed. I do agree that whatever happens behind closed doors is nobody else's business.

exhibitionistguyexhibitionistguyover 3 years ago
Wholesomeness vs Swinging at Nudist Clubs

Thank you for the response. When someone visits the nudist camp that I go to for the first time, the person who checks you in gives you a copy of the rules indicating that this is a family-oriented club and that visitors are to behave appropriately.

However, if you join the club and visit regularly, you will discover that there is a fair amount of swinging going on. Most of the members probably agree with the wholesomeness aspects, but a significant number are swingers. I think you need to visit the same club on a regular basis in order to pick up on this because it isn't likely that someone is going to hit on a newcomer.

Also, alcohol does play a significant role. Sometimes I feel that being an alcoholic is a pre-requisite for membership at our club. LOL.

gxnngxnnover 3 years ago
Chinese reader says hi

It might be a culture shock. I have never seriously considered the question of nudism for the purpose of fucking until I read your writing above. I have to take some time to digest it, haha. But thank you for your intelligent and enlightening wording.

exhibitionistguyexhibitionistguyover 3 years ago
Nudist Clubs vs Nude Beaches

Nudist clubs often have the advantage that it’s easy for the members to socialize. The main disadvantage that I don’t care for are all the rules. The main rule at our club is “no suggestive familiarity”. If a man happens to get an erection and the wrong person happens to see him, that could be grounds for getting thrown out. People have to be on their best behavior almost all the time. For example, one time when I was slow dancing naked with my wife, one of the board members advised me that we were standing too close.

Nude or clothing optional beaches usually have fewer rules or what rules they do have are difficult to enforce. As a result, peoples’ behavior tends to be more sensual and spontaneous. While I haven’t witnessed much overt sexuality at the nude beaches that I have visited, I have seen behavior that pushed the limits of what many would consider to be appropriate. An example of this took place when I was in my early twenties. I was at a clothing optional beach lying on a towel naked next to three young women whom I had just met and who kept their bathing suits on. While talking with them, I got an erection that they could see. I didn’t make any effort to turn over or cover myself. I enjoyed letting them see me. If this had taken place at the nudist club that I belong to, I could have gotten thrown out.

Wark2002Wark2002about 3 years ago

Very well-written piece. I don't know if you remember the late Sydney J. Harris, but your style reminds me of his (obviously the subject matter and language excepted). The personal to the general and back again are excellent, stylistically.

I think that it is unavoidable that nudity and eroticism are forever intertwined. Nudity may not result in actual physical sex, but it is foolhardy to deny the "adrenaline rush" it causes. For a story or narrative film, that rush will usually culminate in sex; A story where people are just walking around naked talking about the weather would probably be dull. However, actually walking around naked talking about the weather can be very erotic - there is a lot to be said about the casual nature of it; the denial of sexual excitement, you might say, which is a turn on to many. Basically, I consider nudism - and nudity - almost always sexual; however, what is probably needed is a much broader definition of "sexual."

AthaliaAthaliaalmost 3 years ago

There's a lot to think about here. As a small woman, I've had huge misgivings about being naked in public, as the author knows. It's not just the vulnerability, but years of thinking that nudity per se is not something "nice girls" do. And those who know me well also know that I was sexually abused as an adolescent by relatives who expected me to be nude to pleasure them, and these memories keep crowding back on me even when I'm in a situation where I should feel safe and trusting. So I have a lot to work through before I even get to the point where most women start at. I do agree with the author that it's basically a men's problem, and men have to fix it before it gets better.

lt1nutlt1nutalmost 3 years ago

The world that you described does exist. I know of no group of people that are more accepting respectful of each other, that instantly knows what is generally socially acceptable no matter when, where, and with who(s), that is very mindful of what a family is and how important that is when ki, minors, are present, where "no" is seldom heard, especially "at the moment", and on and on than that of swingers that are local. Everyone is not for everyone but true, caring, respectful of others and their varying boundaries and situations in/of life, where all lives matter and agreement is not forced on anyone in order to be accepted even with other "groups" that you aren't a good fit with. I dunno where I'm going with this other than that it IS possible and all that are or have been there know how special that is; "it" can be/is what you want it to be if you are willing to work at it AND can honestly accept others for who they are and where they're at in their life. One step shy of Poly-Light is attainable and doable.

greasedsilvergreasedsilverover 1 year ago

That was supposed to read, "Well said". Sorry, I have big fingers!

bottovarnisbottovarnis9 months ago

absolutely true! Thank You!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjehoram@jehoram
Writer, part time nudist, full time aesthete. I usually don't take PMs, but try me anyway. You might get lucky.