Once Upon a Time in London

Story Info
Can a marriage survive a wife's flagrant betrayal?
26.4k words
4.01
52.4k
89
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Inspiration comes in many forms and the following authors have inspired me; blackrandi1958, Cagivagurl and other2other1.

The story "My Wife and the Singer" by Cagivagurl, is a favorite of mine and motivated me to write a story with a similar premise but different in many other ways. The cheating wife who loses herself in a fantasy that comes back to haunt her, is a major theme in the Loving Wives category.

Written from the husband's perspective, it explores the possibility that despite the terrible betrayal, reconciliation is feasible. If you're looking for a BTB, read no further.

Any similarity to persons living or dead, is purely coincidental. This story is the property of the author and the author alone.

There is M-F and F-M-F sex.

Once Upon a Time in London

After a very long workday, I sat at my kitchen table. A beer occupied one hand and I was looking at mail that I hadn't touched in several days with the other. One envelope caught my eye. The return address was from my high school reunion committee. Just seeing that, and my heart squeezed in my chest as a wave of nausea enveloped my gut.

I tore open the envelope and saw a request to join the committee for my twenty fifth reunion. The reunion was two years away and the letter was a plea for my participation in the process. Apparently, they were having problems finding willing volunteers. Unfortunately, I loathed the whole idea as the twentieth reunion heralded the annihilation of my personal life. I felt the bile rising in my throat and swallowed to keep it down.

Despite all the therapy and marriage counseling, my mind drifted to that auspicious time, three long years ago. Amy was in London pursuing her dream and I was looking after two teenagers, struggling with my thoughts. Was she faithful to me? I was positive that she wasn't, somewhere in my heart I knew it. But there was always the possibility...

Three days before Amy was scheduled to return home, I received a large brown manilla envelope at work. The contents shocked and disgusted me. There was no doubt as to her infidelity and the evidence was right in front of me. At that time, it looked like seventeen years of marriage was down the drain.

What do I tell the kids? Nothing in the short term but down the road, they would have to be told. How much? Emma and Melissa were the light of my life. This was sure to devastate them.

The sad remembrance had me reaching for a bottle of Blanton's Bourbon that I'd gotten as a Christmas gift. Expensive stuff and uncommonly good. I needed a shot or two to steady my nerves. The storm of memories was sure to dominate my night.

Suddenly my cell phone rang, and I saw it was my daughter Melissa.

"Hello."

"Hey dad. Just checking in to see how you are?"

"Good." I lied

"It's cold as heck up here."

It was her second semester at Penn State University, and I forewarned her about the weather.

"Told ya sweety."

"Yeah, ya did. So, everything ok?"

"Yes, all's good.

"I worry about you. I know you're not all alone but with Emma at Pitt...well. I'm sure you could use some help."

I felt the tears come and they fell silently down my cheeks. It was impossible to tell her how lonely I felt.

"I'm good sweety." I responded in a very shaky voice.

"Daddy? Are you crying?"

I couldn't lie to her; Melissa was the dearest child.

"Maybe...a little. I miss you and your sister, but I do have company on the weekends."

"I'll try to visit soon..."

I cut her off.

"No. I'll be fine...enjoy your time at college."

"We'll see, ok? Love you dad."

"Love you too."

I couldn't stop the tears. My daughters had suffered the most. Two innocents caught up in a shit storm.

Throwing the invitation to the side, I sipped my drink and welcomed the warm fuzzy feeling that started at my toes and slowly rose to my head. I retreated to my easy chair and sat enveloped in bad memories. But they weren't all bad. My life with Amy was one of fulfillment, joy, and happiness. We had it all until...

Amy and I met as freshman in high school. We were part of the top academic group and I guess you could say nerds, but I was also involved in sports, football and track. I didn't feel like a nerd, but I knew that Amy did. While facially pretty, with classic blonde hair and blue eyes, she was overweight but not a lot. It was enough that she had a self-image problem.

Amy had an excellent singing voice and was in choir. She also had formed a loose band alliance with one Derek Hough, who aspired to be a rock star. I found him to be conceited and full of himself. They performed at talent shows, battle of bands competitions, and occasionally at venues in the area. Truth be told they were very good, but many talented bands never make it.

Amy and I started dating in sophomore year. I saw the real her and fell in love. However, I always knew that she harbored a secret crush for Derek, but it never went beyond friendship. While I could say that he was my friend also, there was always a degree of mistrust between us.

After we graduated high school, Amy and I went to Penn State University. The band members went their separate ways. After we got our degrees, I went to Temple Law School, Amy started teaching high school English and got her master's degree.

Not much was heard about Derek until ten years later when he achieved some success with a band called Southern Charm. I thought it was a silly name for a rock band with mostly members from the northern states. But they had a few mild hits and enjoyed some success.

After our two daughters were born, Amy resolved to get in the best shape of her life. She threw herself into working out and within a year, she was one hot momma with a very hardbody. Our sex life was always good but once she gained her positive self-image it went through the roof! After a few years, she became a certified personal trainer. Nothing pleased her more than seeing a client achieve a goal. Yes, our lives were busy.

Then, the twentieth reunion happened. The scuttlebutt before the evening was that Derek Hough would be attending and probably performing. Amy was excited to see him and was most definitely a fan of his music. Dressed in a form fitting cocktail dress, she was the picture of hotness. Just thirty-nine years old, she could easily pass for twenty-nine.

As the evening entered its second hour...

"I guess Derek's not coming." Amy said wistfully.

"Looks like it..."

Before I could say more, a cheer went up and in strode Derek, dressed in true rock star fashion with an acoustic guitar. Of course, he was mobbed by well-wishers but when he finally got around to saying hello to Amy and me. He took a gander at Amy and his eyes almost pooped out of his head.

"Wow, Amy...you...look, ah...fantastic."

I watched my wife blush and soon they were chatting and ignoring me. There was a small stage at the front of the venue and several microphones were set up.

"Hey, Ames (in high school Derek always called Amy, Ames.) sing with me. Do ya

know any of my songs? I'll do five or six. How's the voice? Still got it?"

"Yeah, I still got it and I know all your songs. I'm a fan."

Amy looked at me and I just nodded as my sign of approval. To loud applause, they took the stage and I had to admit, the unplugged set sounded great. After each song there was clapping, whistling and general raucous approval for them. They had two encores and easily dominated the evening's festivities.

After their last tune, Amy and Derek disappeared around the opposite end of the stage. I looked for them and it was twenty minutes before I saw them huddled together, on the inside of the curtain, taking seriously about something. Amy saw me first.

"Hey Babe, Derek's finishing an album and wants to know if I can get some time off to sing backup vocals. He's recording at the Abbey Road studios in London and performing at four concerts."

I'm sure I looked troubled.

"We'll have to discuss this, Amy."

I kind of glared at Derek.

"Hey, man. Its all-expenses paid. She'll be great. We're leaving on the twenty fifth and we're flying back to the states on the eighteenth. She'll be a hit man; the boys will love her!"

"Oh God babe, can you imagine? It's the dream of a lifetime! London...Abbey Road Studios...performing on stage again."

Amy was star struck but it gave us only a little over a week to decide. I caught Derek eyeing my wife's hot bod and I trusted him about as much as I could throw him.

Derek said his goodbyes to the crowd and winked at Amy as he turned and left. I wasn't too happy, and Amy could clearly see my mood. Somehow, I knew that my world was going to be turned upside down and inside out.

On the long car ride home, Amy chattered away.

"Babe, it'll coincide with my summer vacation from teaching. I won't have to take any time off...the girls will be fine, I'll have your mother look after them in the daytime...she can take them to swim lessons at the club, shopping, anything they'd want. Hey, ya don't look very happy. Why?"

"I don't like this, Amy. Why does he need you? There are plenty of backup singers

they can get in the UK and where are you staying?"

"Derek told me they rented a house only a few blocks from the studio and we each have a room. Come on babe, nobody's sharing. What are you worried about? The girls are older, they pretty much fend for themselves."

"I don't trust this whole set up and especially him."

Amy was quiet for a few minutes.

"Do you think that...I'd ya know...be unfaithful to you?"

"Not consciously but don't you see. You're to be in a house with a rock band...I'm sure there will be drugs, drinking and God knows what else. You can easily lose yourself in the whole scene. I saw the way he looked at you tonight, like a wolf with a sheep."

"I wanna go Mike. I'm a professional, I'll keep it on a professional level, I promise. I may never get an opportunity like this ever again."

We rode the rest of the way in silence. Over the next few days, Amy dug her heels in. The atmosphere was very frosty in the house as she felt that I was keeping her from living out her dream. There was no intimacy which was unusual. Finally, the night before she had to get back to Derek with an answer...

"Ok, Amy, you're an adult. It's your decision but I'm warning you if anything happens between you and Derek, and I will find out, some way I will, that will be the end of us. I can promise you that. I think the whole set up stinks! I'm an attorney and I know human nature. The temptation will be there, and I think it will be too great to ignore."

"Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence Mike! I guess you never trusted me. You're right, I'm an adult and I'm making an adult decision. Too bad you can't support me in this."

That's how we left it. Our daughters were very excited for their mother and wanted lots of pics. The last night before her departure, Amy wanted to make love and we did several times. It was slow, sincere, and just what we needed at the time to repair some of our relationship. But I was troubled.

Early the next morning, the limo came to pick up Amy and take her to the airport. We hugged and kissed but she could see that I wasn't happy.

"Come on babe, everything will be just fine. Love ya."

Next thing she's in the limo and off she went. I watched until it was out of sight with a gnawing feeling in my gut. Amy called when she arrived in London to let us know she was all right and that was the last she and I spoke for nearly three weeks. She called the girls a couple of times but not when I was with them. Finally, she called me four days before she was to come home and tell me which flight, she'd be on. She sounded different; I could tell right away. But she hurried off the phone and the next day I received the damning evidence of her betrayal.

My entire world was in a shambles. The pictures and audio were extremely disturbing, and she did things with Derek that she never did with me. I wasn't prepared for the pain, the awful exhausting ache in my heart. I spent the days before Amy's arrival in utter misery, I did however put on a brave face for my daughters.

The morning her plane was scheduled to arrive, I sent the girls to stay with my mother for the night. I lied and told them she'd be home the following day. As I waited near the baggage claim, I wondered how she'd greet me. Not long after, I saw her sauntering towards me with her arms out.

"Hey babe."

Amy hugged me but when she went in for a kiss, I turned my cheek.

"What's up. You look grumpy. Didn't you miss me? I missed you and the kids like crazy."

"Oh yeah, fat chance of that. It would have been nice if you called a few times. Every time I tried to reach you, your phone went right to voice mail, I left messages but..."

"What's wrong Mike? I'm sorry but it was the adventure of a lifetime. I couldn't pass it up. It was truly incredible. Performing in front those big crowds, the applause, the cheering, recording at the studio, it was mind boggling! I'm sorry but everything was so hectic that I lost track of time."

"Are the kids at home? I'm dying to see them."

"At my mother's until tomorrow."

"Why? Can't we go get them? I really want to see them!"

"Not yet. I'm still upset about the calls."

"Look, I'm sorry about the phone calls, I should have tried to talk to you more often, but it was so bloody chaotic." I simply lost track of time!"

"Seems to me that you could have taken a few minutes to talk with me, you couldn't have been all that damn busy." I replied angrily.

"Mike, I'm sick of this line of questioning. What is wrong with you? I'm sorry, I probably should have called more but with the time difference and all. We were so busy at the studio and performing."

We drove home in relative silence until,

"Mike lets go get the girls, I want to see them."

"No, we have something important to discuss."

"Can't we talk while we're driving?"

"Nope."

"Why are you like this?"

"I received something at work that I really need to show you."

"Ok, but I don't understand all the mystery."

As soon as we dragged her bags into the house, Amy threw her purse on the sofa and went into the kitchen. She filled the Keurig and made a cup of coffee for herself and me.

"I've been dying for a good cup of coffee."

I started drinking mine and you could cut the tension with a knife.

"Ok Mike, what is so bloody important that you couldn't discuss it in the car?"

I placed the manila envelope in front of her.

"You've acquired some British language quirks among other things while you were away."

"What's this?"

"Open it, it's very fascinating"

Slowly Amy opened the packet, several explicit photos fell onto the table. Her face didn't register the content at first. Then her eyes grew wide as saucers.

"Bloody hell! Oh god, Mike...I'm sorry, but I just got carried away by the whole experience. Please try to understand, I didn't want to hurt you."

"You should see and hear what's on this external hard drive. My oh my, Academy Award stuff...and the detailed report, eye opening." my voice dripped with sarcasm.

I grabbed the laptop off the counter and plugged the hard drive in the side.

The screen lit up and there was Amy on her knees blowing Derek, moaning rapturously. The next image she was getting her rear end plowed, howling in ecstasy.

"Stop, stop! I can't look! I'm sorry...I never meant for it to happen. I got caught up in the whole experience."

"Just like I said you would." Remember, before you left?"

Amy nodded as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"What are you going to do, Mike?"

"I've moved my things into the spare room. I don't want to upset the girls lives too much. I'll decide a course of action but I'm thinking divorce."

Where did that come from?"

Amy pointed to the envelope.

"Oh yes, almost forgot. That's courtesy of Derek's wife. Did you know he was married? Has three young kids at home and according to Tanya, he doesn't see them very often. Likes his rock star persona too much. Did you know he was married, dear?"

Amy shook her head.

"Of course not, why ask probing questions when you have his cock in yer mouth."

"I'm curious about something, according to the report, you were in the sack the first night you were in London, just fucking and sucking without a care in the world. I guess I wasn't on your mind at all. Poor Mike, the cuckold."

"We were smoking pot, drinking good wine and...I just was overwhelmed. I'm sorry Mike."

"Sorry in which way. Sorry you were caught or sorry it ever happened."

"I'm sorry Mike, I don't know what else to say?"

"Right now, this very minute, you nauseate me. I lost my lunch the day this showed up. Seventeen years down the drain! All because you had to live out some fantasy. I wasn't aware that Derek's cock was part of the dream, and from what I saw, how should I say, well equipped. I'll never be able to satisfy you but then there's very little chance of that happening, ever again."

Amy was a mess, but I had zero sympathy for her. However, she squared her shoulders and looked at me.

"I know this looks bad but Mike, I still love you. I have no excuse, but I'll say it again, the experience was incredible, and I was swept up in it. Recording at the studio, performing in front of thousands, it was surreal. Divorce? Can't we talk this through?"

"Not right now. But by the way, I spoke to Derek's wife, and she's already filed for divorce. Gonna cost him a pretty penny! It's a shame, two families destroyed."

"I guess it will be in the press. Will my name come up do you think?"

"Maybe but he's not exactly an "A Lister" so not sure, but if the school district gets wind of this, you can kiss your teaching position goodbye."

"Oh my god! What have I done!"

"Starting to sink in, huh?"

'If you had gone to London and kept everything on a professional level like you promised, none of this would be happening. I'm ashamed and disgusted by you, I need some space until I can sort all this out but temporarily, I'll stay here for the girl's sake."

Amy plopped down in her chair her head in her hands, moaning.

"Oh Mike, I'm sorry, so very sorry."

"It's a little too late for sorry dear." I said scathingly.

"Is there no hope Mike?"

"I never said there wasn't hope but it depends on a few factors. First was he better in the sack than me?"

Amy looked up at me with a pleading look.

"The truth? And is it really that important?"

I nodded.

"I guess, but it was the excitement of doing something so incredibly naughty and the newness of it. Just made it that much more thrilling. The weed and the alcohol just added to it. Derek's very experienced and knows his way around a woman's body."

"Hmm...that's strike one. Judging by the video portion, old Derek looks to be well hung. True"

Amy simply nodded, tears tumbling down her cheeks.

"That might be strike two unless you can convince me that my little wiener will ever be able to satisfy you. But we may never come to that anyway."

"Please Mike, I made a huge mistake. I still love you! I'll say it to my dying day. No one, not Derek, no one could ever replace you in my heart. We were high school sweethearts."

"I think the operative word is "were." Do you remember that we took wedding vows, does that mean anything to you? Love, honor, obey, forsaking all others?"

"Mike please, I'll do anything to make this up to you, anything."

"Did you think about me at all? Or was I just some trivial afterthought while you lived out your ultimate fantasy? Seems to me that you jumped into the sack so quickly that I wasn't in your thoughts."

"Every time, I felt very guilty, but it was like a compulsion that couldn't be ignored. Once I started, I found it impossible to stop. I was never going to tell you."

123456...8