Perspectives Series: Jess Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
D_Lynn
D_Lynn
1,373 Followers

"Either of those things. He'll either ask Jill to marry him or move in, before Jill tells him she's pregnant. Deal?"

"This is just wrong to bet on this. Oh, hell...deal!"

I grabbed Jess's hand and led her to the kitchen.

"What do you want to eat, Yolanda?"

"Simon, please start over on the alphabet. These names are killing me. What's next, Zena?"

"Nope, Zira. You know, from Planet of the Apes."

Jess rolled her eyes. She was still a little uptight from going into the office.

"We want macaroni and cheese."

"Again?"

"Yes, AMANDA likes mac and cheese."

"OK, whatever BET-TEE wants."

"Ugh! I give up!"

After lunch I decided to slink off to the basement to get some work done. Jess laid down and took a nap.

We refrained from having sexual contact the night before our wedding. It was kind of old-fashioned in a way. I handled it better than Jess. I was tired, anyway.

Friday morning, Jill showed up right at 8:30am. Jess was gathering make-up and shoes and stuff while I went and stood in the living room with Jill.

"Hey, Jill. How are you doing?"

"Good. How are you doing?"

"Great!"

"I think this is fantastic. I mean, I love both you guys; you belong together."

"Thanks, Jill. I think so, too."

I hugged her.

"Thanks for standing up with us today."

"No problem."

Jess appeared with a duffel bag and a satchel.

"OK, I'm ready to go." She turned to me, "I love you. I'll see you at the courthouse."

"I love you...and you, too, Evelyn."

"You've decided to name the baby Evelyn?" Jill chimed in.

Jess looked at Jill, "No, it's a long story. Bye, Simon."

They walked out the door and that was my queue to check the clock. It's 8:38am.

I lost track of time eating breakfast, drinking coffee and reading the paper. Martin showed up at 9:10am.

"Dude, what are you doing? Hurry up and get dressed, we've got to go."

"Shit! I don't know what I was thinking."

We left for Liberty at around 9:40, and got to the courthouse right at 10:00. There was a huge crowd of people there for a wedding. They must've had 40 family members there. They shuffled into the courtroom while we waited outside.

I started to worry at about 10 minutes after the hour. I was afraid maybe something very bad had happened. My fears were soon put to rest.

I first spotted Jess climbing the stairs to the second floor of the rotunda on the other side. As she followed the arc toward the courtrooms and approached Martin and I, I could feel myself holding my breath. My body started to shake, and I found it difficult to swallow. It was like the whole planet stopped rotating in those moments that she was walking toward me. I wanted to permanently etch the vision of her in white in my mind. I began memorizing every detail of her dress, her shoes, her hair.

I couldn't imagine how I was going to feel at that moment. I couldn't even tell if the fluttering in my stomach was nervousness or excitement. It was probably both. I knew one thing: I have never been here before.

Chapter 23

It was the next-best thing to walking down the aisle toward an altar. I didn't plan it that way. In fact, I'm pretty sure if I would've tried to plan that, it would have been a disaster.

Simon didn't remove his eyes from me for a second while we approached. His expression was one of awe. I knew exactly how he felt. It was like we were in slow motion.

Just before we reached Simon and Martin, the courtroom doors opened and a flood of chatty people started filing out. Between Simon and I, was a river of Aunts, Uncles, Nieces, Nephews, Parents and Grandparents. Some appeared to be caught in an invisible maelstrom, slowing the general current down dramatically.

The disapproving stares toward my protruding belly, mainly from the elders passing by, weighed far heavier on Jill than on me. I'd grown used to the quick glances at my empty ring finger. Jill was getting a taste of things to come for her.

Jill took the opportunity to free her camera from the case. She had taken pictures of me at her house before we left. We didn't know if cameras would be allowed inside the courtroom. When the last of the river of people was past us, Jill called out to Simon to join us for a couple of pictures. We had mere moments before the bailiff summoned us.

I honestly don't remember the ceremony very well at all. I remember Martin winking at Jill, and Simon putting his hand on my back to steady me when I swayed. They allowed Jill to take pictures of us and I was glad they did, otherwise I would've thought it was all a dream. It was over in less than 10 minutes. Jill and Martin signed the certificate as witnesses and we left the courtroom.

I can't imagine spending tens of thousands of dollars on an event that you wouldn't remember very well even the next day. I thought about ceremonies and formalities. Other than having community witnesses to our commitment, I couldn't see the point. Simon and I were married in our minds the minute he placed that ring on my finger. Maybe even before that. It was what was in our hearts that counted.

Standing in the rotunda, the reality of it all hit me. I had waited my whole life to get married. I'd dreamt about it a thousand times, and made a million plans with my girlfriends growing up. Dreams are so far removed from reality and yet, when I looked into this man's eyes, I realized that he was better than any dream I ever had. I couldn't have imagined someone like him for me, or even cooked-up the kind of wild ride we'd had together. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I remember once in a movie where they compared life to amusement park rides. Some people like merry-go-rounds, while others like roller coasters.

I've always liked the roller coaster best.

***

Check out Perspectives Series: Martin in the Exhibitionist/Voyeur section of Literotica.

D_Lynn
D_Lynn
1,373 Followers
1...5678910