Rhianna's Prom Date

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I bet you looked good," Ben finally said, a small smile on his face. "I think they were jealous that a boy could look so good in a dress."

A small smile appeared on Rhianna's face. Ben was taking it well. "So how did your mum react?" Ben asked.

"Well, she was worried at first. Then she helped me dress and encouraged me to behave like a girl. When she saw me with lipstick and enjoying myself and all the parents left at the party were commenting on how pretty I was, she had to admit I looked good. I decided then that I was a girl in a boy's body. From that time on I used to dress as Rhianna at weekends and mum and I used to go to the mall or eating. Of course, she bought me new clothes and accessories and allowed me to get my ears pierced. At fifteen, I persuaded mum I could only go to school as a girl. She took me to counseling, changed my school and discussed my gender with the principal. They accepted but some of the kids found out and began calling me names and bullying me. At my last school, some of the boys got me into the male bathroom and wanted me to do things to them. I screamed and got beaten. Luckily, a teacher was nearby and rescued me. I had a black eye for some weeks. The boys were expelled from the school. Their friends continued to bully me. Mum decided we should move here. Luckily, even though I was bullied and had no friends. I used my energy to study and did well. That's how I got the scholarship to Mesa College."

By this time, Rhianna was holding Ben's hand firmly. He was more than happy to have his hand in Rhianna's.

"I am sorry for what you experienced. I didn't have the same problems but I was also bullied. Neither the boys nor the girls seemed to like me. Around fifteen, I was on the track and found I could beat all my peers. The coach knew I was a loner and encouraged me to develop my track skills, He helped me a lot and that is why I have a scholarship to Mesa. But my grades are not good and if I don't maintain my grades, I will lose the scholarship. That would hurt my mum more than me," Ben said wistfully.

"What about your dad?" Rhianna asked.

"It is similar to what you said about your mum and dad. My dad is in the army and spends long periods overseas. When he is home he is mostly drunk and abusive to my mum. He hates me as he doesn't think I am a 'man'."

"It seems we have a lot in common," Rhianna said softly. "I never told my story to anybody except psychologists and doctors."

"Well, I don't understand these things but I think you should do what makes you happy," Ben said. "That's what my mum always says. I'll call mum and we can go home."

Ben had to release Rhianna's hand and grabbed his phone. "Mum, we are walking home now," he said. He listened to his mum and then asked, "Can Rhianna visit with me till then?"

Ben listened again, said 'OK' and hung up. It seems we are all going for dinner tonight. Would you like to come to my house and we can play video games, listen to music or... or talk."

"Yes, I'd like that. Let me call mum." Rhianna called her mum and explained how she would spend the afternoon. Her mum agreed. She turned to Ben and gave him a brief hug. "Thanks for listening," she said softly. Their faces were inches apart and Rhianna pecked Ben on the lips. It was brief but sent a shockwave through both. It was a first kiss.

They walked back slowly not holding hands. They talked about music, films, video games and normal things. The subject of Rhianna's gender never came up.

Lucy offered them some snacks and drinks and left them alone. Jacinda called and said she would pick Rhianna up as she wanted her to change before dinner. Ben and Rhianna listened to Ben's collection of music, mostly hard rock in distinct contrast to his personality. Jacinda came by to pick Rhianna up so she could change before dinner.

It was a very pleasant dinner that Jacinda insisted on paying for. The talk was casual and it seemed that the two families that found and unifying bond: friendship and acceptance. There would be many such evenings.

It was a long weekend and Rhianna and Ben met again and went to the movies. It wasn't a date but they both enjoyed each other's company. Ben promised to meet Rhianna at the agreed time on his way to school on Tuesday.

During a period break, Ms. Jamieson and Mr. Bothell, the track coach for Ben, had a meeting.

"Ben, Mr. Bothell and I are concerned for your grades. We do not want you to lose your scholarship. We think you could use some coaching from another student who appears to be quite gifted in English and Maths. Are you open to such help?"

As always, Ben didn't have much to say. He knew that he couldn't afford to lose his grant. "I guess, but who is this student? You know I don't have much contact with other students."

"Yes, we have seen that," Ms. Jamieson said. "But this student hasn't found too many friends either. Mr. Bothell?"

Mr. Bothell stood up and went to the door and invited the other student in. Both students looked at each other for a moment and then a rare smile broke out on Ben's face.

"Rhianna?" Ben whispered. "I didn't know..."

"Me neither," Rhianna smiled. "I would be happy to help you."

Ms. Jamieson and Mr. Bothell watched this short interaction with quiet smiles. It was good that they appeared to know each other.

"You two seem to know each other it seems," Ms. Jamieson commented.

"Yes, we walked together to school today. We live close to each other," Ben replied.

"Rhianna has excellent grades in maths and English and has won a full scholarship to Mesa to study Sociology. You two can meet in breaks or after school. Rhianna, Ben here has a scholarship to Mesa because of his outstanding track performance. He needs better grades in Maths but could also use some help in English. Do you think you can find the time to help?"

Rhianna looked at Ben. He had admitted his weakness but she didn't know she would be asked to help him. "If Ben would like it, I would be happy to help him."

"Yes please," is all Ben had to say after a thoughtful pause.

"That's settled then," Ms. Jamieson said. "Please agree to your timings. Mr. Bothell and I are looking forward to see improved grades, Ben,"

In the corridor, Rhianna smiled at Ben. "I would be very happy to help, OK. We can do homework together and please think of any maths problems that you didn't understand. I will try to help explain it."

Ben looked at Rhianna for a moment. "I

I'm glad they picked you," he said quietly. "Maybe we can do homework together tonight."

"Yes. We can stop at my house." There was a sly smile on Rhianna's face. They went to their respective classes and agreed to meet at the end of the day to walk home.

During a break, ben texted his mum to explain what had happened and that Rhianna was going to be his coach for English & Maths. He would spend time with her every day to improve his grades.

Over the following months, Ben and Rhianna spend more time with each other. There were comments from the school bullies about them. Since they didn't spend much time with these students, the taunts were wasted, Rhianna took it more seriously. She often heard boys ask her to fellate them or do other things. Even though she tried to ignore them, the remarks hurt. Ben always comforted her.

Over time, Ben asked Rhianna questions about her transition which she answered honestly. She was taking hormones and had a nice set of breasts which became more noticeable over time. She hadn't thought of any surgery beyond breast augmentation. Rhianna was growing more confident and whilst they didn't discuss it, most students considered Ben and Rhianna an item. They were both derided for it with all manner of name- calling. Ben suffered less because of his athletic performance.

Jacinda and Lucy watched as Ben and Rhianna acted like two normal high school seniors. There was no overt sexual activity, but Rhianna did tell Jacinda that Ben had kissed her at the movies or when they were alone. It was something she had wanted. They hadn't gone beyond that for which both Lucy and Jacinda were grateful. They wanted it to be natural and mutual. They both were pleased that their offspring had found a close friend.

Ben and Rhianna spent time together studying and also at the movies or in the mall. Under Rhianna's tutelage and in an effort to be with her at Mesa College, Ben applied himself to improve his grades. Rhianna was patient and explained the solutions to the mathematical equations. By forcing Ben to read to her, she would question him and thus helped him improve his grades,

Ms. Jamieson and Mr. Bothell were very pleased with Ben's progress and indicated that he had improved enough to ensure graduation. Lucy was thrilled. Life was suddenly good. A new friend that had become close; the certain graduation of her son and his entry into college and most importantly Ben's relationship to Rhianna. She attributed Ben's graduation to Rhianna's help and did not dwell on the gender issue. She had taught Ben to accept people as they were and knew that Ben fully accepted Rhianna as the beautiful girl she was.

Spring brought around the question of graduation and the prom. They had several discussions about this. Rhianna didn't want to go. Ben wasn't keen but he thought Rhianna should show all those who taunted what a beautiful prom date she would be. He said he would be proud to accompany her.

Jacinda too took Ben's side and soon persuaded Rhianna that she should attend the prom with Ben. Rhianna reluctantly agreed. Lucy was very happy that Ben would be seen with a beautiful girl on his arm.

Next Saturday Rhianna persuaded Ben to go prom dress shopping with her. Once she decided, she would go with her mum to purchase the dress and accessories. They visited all the stores in the mall and Ben was fascinated with all the outfits he saw. It appeared to be a collection of items from dress to shoes to accessories. Boys had it easier with a tux and shoes but they were not as exciting as the outfits for the girls. Rhianna asked Ben for his opinion. To each, he said 'great'.

At the last store, Rhianna went to a section of evening dresses. She selected a dress in a copper color that perfectly matched her skin tone. It fitted her frame perfectly with a flared collar halfway below her knee. It would be tight and require small steps. It was very elegant. Ben gushed how wonderful it was. This was totally unlike Ben and Rhianna saw the sparkle in his eye.

"So do you think this is the one?" she asked coyly.

"Absolutely. It suits you perfectly. Boys don't have such exciting clothes to choose from," Ben replied enthusiastically.

Rhianna's face broke out into a big smile. "Then why don't you buy a dress like this too. You are about my size and would look good I am sure. We can be sisters."

Ben's face remained passive, his mind trying to comprehend. Was Rhianna joking? "Are you serious?" he asked quietly.

Rhianna could see his mind wandering and an impish thought came to her. She knew he would do what she wanted. "Why not if you like the style? It would show those bullies that you are not less male."

"Oh," Ben sighed.

"It's what they have been saying about me to my face and behind my back. That I am a boy in a dress and they laugh at me."

"Are you serious?" Ben asked

"Of course you must do as you want and be who you want to be. That is what you have been telling me. I should dress as I like as it is my life." Rhianna's voice had turned serious

"You wouldn't laugh at me?"

"Why would I laugh as I will be wearing a similar dress"?

"Everybody there will think it's funny and laugh at me".

Rhianna's demeanor changed. "So, it's OK if they laugh at me as a boy in a dress? I thought you were different." A tear formed in Rhianna's eye. "Let's go home. I don't need a dress as I won't be going to any prom to be laughed at."

Rhianna turned away to hide her tears and put the dress back on the rack. "I'm going home. If you think I am ashamed to wear a dress, you got it wrong. I am proud to wear what I want. Oh, Ben, I thought you were different." Rhianna made her way out of the store. Ben rushed after her.

"Rhianna, please stop. Can we talk? Please?" Ben was pleading with her. He grabbed her arm. "Please, you know I didn't mean it like that. Please. We can sit by that bench over there."

Around a central planted area there were some low concrete benches. Rhianna let herself be guided to a bench. Ben held her hand. Rhianna let him with a sniffle.

They sat there for several moments, holding hands firmly, silent and each deep in their thoughts. Rhianna just looked at him with sad eyes, not saying a word.

Suddenly, both began to speak at once. "I'm sorr..." came out of their mouths simultaneously but the sentence never finished as Rhianna grabbed Ben's head and kissed him hard, tongue thrusting into his mouth. They were oblivious to their surroundings; two lovers expressing their feelings.

"Rhianna, I would never hurt you. Do you know that? You have to believe me. What you suggested there took me by surprise. I never thought about and I would never laugh at you. Please believe me." Ben managed to whisper whilst still hugging Rhianna.

"I'm sorry Ben. I would never force you to do anything. I just thought you enjoyed the dress so much that you could be my sister. Sorry."

"If I agreed to do it, would you help me? I mean in everything," Ben asked.

Rhianna looked at him. "You don't have to do it for me, Ben. I didn't mean that. It has to be something you want to do just like I had to do."

"Look, I am sorry for the way it sounded. You know I didn't mean it. Can we discuss this later?"

"Yes. Will you kiss me again? Am I forgiven?"

"Yes, there's nothing to forgive and I like kissing you. My first girlfriend." Ben stressed girl.

"And you are my first boyfriend and prom partner, however you dress. Agreed?"

Their kiss was tender and long. A new and deeper bond had formed.

They walked back toward home, holding hands. Even though Rhianna lived further away. Ben walked her back with a promise to call later. He didn't know what his mother had planned. He then returned home deep in thought. He knew that everyone at the prom would be waiting to laugh either overtly or covertly at Rhianna and Ben.

Rhianna had become a good friend who had helped him immensely with classwork. Those kisses this afternoon had triggered an even closer bond. But there was someone whom he trusted implicitly: his mother. He would need her advice and guidance. It would be a difficult discussion.

"So, how did it go? Did Rhianna find her prom dress?" Lucy asked Ben as he came through the door. She was busy in the kitchen.

Hearing no reply she came out to see Ben. "What's the matter, hon?" Lucy could see the troubled look on Ben's face. They were close and he couldn't hide much from her. Until now, he had been very open with her.

"Honey, what's the matter? Did you disagree with Rhianna? Come sit and tell me. I was just making tea." Lucy went back into her kitchen and Ben followed. Lucy placed a pot of tea on the table and two cups. Ben rarely drank tea but it was a gesture.

"Everything is OK with Rhianna now," Ben said. "But she is worried that when we turn up to the prom everybody will think of her as a boy in a dress. I told her that she would be the prettiest girl there."

Lucy placed her hand on Ben's. "Honey, you have seen how bullies work. They find any excuse to mock and laugh at people they think are not normal. You've experienced that yourself. I suspect that there is more to the story. I will listen."

Ben described in detail what had happened that morning; the shops they had visited and how they had found a perfect dress that Rhianna and Ben loved. He described how he felt the material and was sad they didn't have such textures and colors for boys. He went on to describe that if he liked the material so much he should also consider wearing a dress to the prom. If she could do it proudly and be who she wanted to be, then why not he? He explained how he was so upset at the idea. But he was also tempted. Rhianna had said that if she dared to be who she wants to be and dress as she wants, why couldn't he? Ben explained their discussion and makeup omitting the deep kisses they had shared.

"So how did you leave it with Rhianna?" Lucy asked drinking her tea. This was her second cup as she saw the confusion in Ben's face. She was confused herself. Had Ben's relationship with Rhianna also caused him to have doubts about his sexuality?

"She said she would go with me however I wanted to dress."

"And what did you reply?" Lucy asked fearful of the answer.

"I said I would think about it. I also wanted to talk to you about it." Ben's voice dropped.

"So, what would you like to do?" Lucy tried hard not to let her concerns be heard in her voice. This was a new idea.

"Do you think it strange if I go to the prom with Rhianna in a dress? I want to show her that she should be who she is just like you always tell me."

"Well, it would only be strange if you looked like a boy in a dress and Rhianna looked beautiful. I realize you want to support her - as you have done and I am very proud of you for that. But you also have to accept that some there will think it very funny and may mock you." Lucy did not want to openly criticize Ben for wanting to wear a dress. He needed to decide what he wanted. She was his mother and would support him however he dressed. But she also had her concerns that he be aware of the risks involved. It was hard to imagine her son in a dress.

"I know that. But they will mock Rhianna. It will be harder for them to mock both of us. I want to show everybody that she is my gi.. my friend."

"It's OK Ben. You can say, girlfriend. That is how you see her and accept her, right?"

"Yes, mum. We have even kissed. I like her a lot and she has helped me. Without her, I don't think I would graduate."

"Yes, hun, I know she has helped and I am glad you want to support her. I just want you to understand fully what you might encounter."

"Mum, I understand. Rhianna has told me about everything she experienced at her school when she became Rhianna." Ben was thoughtful for a second. "I had the same feeling before I got into track sports. I haven't made friends except for Rhianna."

"So what do you want to do?" Lucy suspected she knew the answer but she wanted to hear it from Ben.

Ben looked at Lucy for a long moment. His grip on her hand tightened. "When I see those people on TV marching for a cause, they wear something or dress somehow to identify with the cause. I want to do the same. If you and Rhianna will help me I think I would like to show everybody that I am not afraid to support her by wearing a dress. Will you help me?"

"Hun, that's quite a speech. I am proud that you want to stand up for what you believe in. Of course, I will help you. But I have a condition."

Ben looked at her startled. "What?"

"I want you to be as pretty as Rhianna, in a dress and makeup and be able to dance with her in heels. I don't want you to be the 'ugly sister'. Do yourself and her proud. Agreed?"

Ben looked at her for a long moment. "Yes. I don't want people to laugh at me more than necessary."

"You have to tell Rhianna and Jacinda. It will take time to prepare. When is the prom?"

"Saturday, 5th of May."

"That's the week after your track finals. You also have finals coming up so you won't have much time to learn. We need Rhianna and Jacinda to agree. Will you call or shall I call Jacinda?"

"No mum, I will call Rhianna. I said I would call her anyway." Ben left the kitchen and Lucy sat there pondering on where life would lead them both. She only wanted Ben to be happy and successful. That he had a close relationship with Rhianna didn't bother her. Times were different but there was one night in college where Lucy and Maria, her room-mate, had spent one tipsy night making out even to the point of penetration with Maria's toy. She didn't regret it, missed the warmth occasionally. But it had not turned into her being only into women. That was the first and the last. Her current relationship with Walt, Ben's father, was dead and divorce was coming. Ben didn't know that yet but he had no relationship with his father and wouldn't miss it. She would yearn for that understanding, friendship and warmth that came from a relationship, male or female. That is what Ben had with Rhianna. It was his first deep relationship with a peer, male or female. Once he went to college he would meet more people and find many friends who wouldn't judge. It was comforting that Rhianna would be at the same college.