Roscoe

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well all you can do is your best." Jodie slowly and carefully moved toward the little shit and she all but touched him before he dashed down the hallway. I just smiled at Jodie and we moved down the hall side by side. Roscoe licked his paw, wiped his face once and then dashed into my bedroom, so we followed him and closed the door. "Jodie, I do believe we got lucky this time."

"I can't believe our luck...no now damn it, he went under the bed."

"Okay. I'll try to get him out from under there, so be ready to grab him, and if he goes into the bathroom that will be even better." The plan seemed to work fairly well. Rather than go to the bathroom, Roscoe moved away from me.

"Sam, he's on the bed now and staring at me."

"Wait until I get up and we'll both grab him. He won't know which of us to dodge so we should have a good chance at him. Stay where you are on that side and I'll go from this side. You ready?"

"I'm ready to wring his neck. Okay, you say when." Roscoe was sitting in the middle of the bed as I said go, and that's when things went awry. No, that's when all hell broke loose...again. I was close to the wall so it was a little awkward for me and that gave Jodie a half a second lead. Roscoe ended up all the way over on the dresser and I ended up on top of Jodie. My right arm was under her back, I was half lying across her and Roscoe was sitting on his ass watching us. I raised up onto my right elbow to take my weight off of Jodie and looked over at that damn feline and was just moving my left hand when Jodie went berserk. "Damn it Sam, get your hand out of there." I looked at Jodie, whose eyes were big and she was staring at me as she said again, "Sam damn it..." and I looked down and saw my left hand inside of her baggy shorts and either on or very close to her most private parts.

I yanked my hand out like it was on fire, Jodie pushed me aside and jumped up and I stared at her in confusion. "Sam my God, I can't believe you. You..."

"Wait a second," I said as I stood up not far from her. Look, it's your damn cat that we're chasing and..."

"But you had your hand on my...inside of my shorts."

"Well I'm sorry. No I'm wrong, I'm not apologizing because like I said, he belongs to you and it wasn't like I meant to feel your...you know. All of that just happened."

"Yes, just like the kitchen floor and the jelly, and..."

"Okay, hold on a second. Give me your hands."

"I will not."

I stepped close to her and said, "Give me your hands damn it, this won't hurt you a bit I promise and just maybe it will help." She was glaring, but she offered her hands and none too gently I pulled her close and put her right hand behind me and against my back. I did the same with her left hand and then I put my arms around her waist. "See, this does not hurt at all." She started to remove her hands and I pulled her tight against me and told her, "Stop. Just stay where you are for just a minute." I kissed her forehead and then looked into her eyes. "Jodie, correct me if I'm wrong, but we were friends even before Ben left right?"

"You know that's right."

"Well I assumed that up until a minute ago at least we were still friends."

"Yes."

"Now do you truly believe that I intentionally copped a feel inside of your shorts."

She closed her eyes and tipped her head back a little as she took a deep breath and said, "No, of course not. I'm sorry, but my God Sam, you were on top of me and in your bed and....and you were...I mean I felt..."

This time I kissed her lips just enough to make her pause. "Jodie, don't make it be more than it is. What if it were reversed and you ended up with a hand full of me instead?"

"Damn it Sam, don't even say that because that would have been just as bad if not worse. This is all so embarrassing." I kissed her again. She didn't resist and in fact, though she didn't return the kiss with vigor, she was far from turning her head away from me.

"Sam don't do that please, I'm so rattled as it is."

"I thought it might help to get your mind away from what happened."

"I keep having trouble following your line of thought."

"Never mind, I just won't kiss you again even though I think it's beneficial."

"And on top of this, Roscoe is sitting over there staring at us."

"Yeah, I know."

"Plus I hit my head on the damn headboard and I'm getting a little headache."

"There's Tylenol in the bathroom. Top shelf of the medicine cabinet, brown bottle."

"Would you mind?"

"Of course not."

A minute later she came out asking, "Why do you keep your Tylenol in an unlabeled bottle?"

"Because I hate those child proof containers when I have no children. Now about Roscoe."

"Could we have that coffee now and then we'll try again."

Chapter Four

We sat at my small kitchen table and Jodie was looking down at her hands loosely holding the cup. "Sam, I'm sorry about falling apart."

"I understand, I really do, and for your sake I'm sorry it happened."

She looked up at me and almost cautiously asked me, "What do you mean for my sake?"

"I understand why you got so rattled and maybe even felt accosted I don't know, but, from my point of view and even though it was such a brief event, I can't help but smile to myself."

"Oh my God. I suppose you're going to share this event with your...with Wendy too."

I had to smile at her that time. "No, I don't think that would be a good idea."

That time even Jodie smiled just a little as she told me, "The other times weren't a good idea either, but that didn't stop you. Of course I have to admit, you haven't kept anything from her."

"I'm not very good at doing that I guess. Maybe that's why I keep getting into trouble with her."

"You are a mess, do you know that?" We were both settling down and Jodie looked like she was really relaxing as we talked on until she said, "We better get Roscoe so I can get home and then to bed."

"To bed again you mean," and I smiled at her.

"You are such a shit. I just can't believe that happened."

"Well it did my sweet neighbor, it really did."

She stood up and holding onto the back of the chair she said, "Wow, do I feel funny. Like my legs are a little rubbery or something and I'm tired."

"Maybe we better let Roscoe stay with me tonight."

"No, let's try once more. Maybe he'll just let me pick him up like I do at home."

We made it as far as the bedroom and then she sat down on the bed and said, "Oh, I'm a little dizzy."

"You said you bumped your head, maybe you should go to the doctor."

"That's silly, I did just bump it like I've done dozens of times. I don't have my headache anymore though, so I guess the Tylenol did the trick."

"Maybe you better sit still for a minute until the dizziness passes."

"Would you mind?"

"I'd feel better if you would. Roscoe isn't going anywhere and I'm not either. Just lean back on the bed." I sat on the other side and talked to her, but then I realized I wasn't sure she was listening to me. "Jodie, you doing okay?"

It was more mumble than words, but I heard, "Yeah, I'm..." and then her words trailed off. That's when it hit me and I raced to the bathroom.

"Shit," I said and then went back to her side of the bed and sat her up so her feet would dangle. "Jodie, are you okay?"

"What? Oh...yes I'll...I'm fine, but so sleepy," and she just half lay there.

"Jodie, I'm going to take your blouse off so you'll be more comfortable okay?"

"Thank you." I pulled her blouse over her head and she let her arms drop down. Her eyes were about half open so I pulled her to her feet, but I had to hold her with my right arm while I coaxed her shorts down before I eased her back into bed and pulled her shorts off. Once I had her under the covers I undressed and lay down next to her. I was pretty sure she was going to be okay, but just in case, I put my hand on her chest just below her bra so I could feel her breathe and I lay there on my side and watched her...studied her would be more accurate I guess, and I was glad I had left the bathroom light on because I could see her fairly well. I could also see Roscoe as he settled in for the night just below our feet. At least he was comfortable and worry free, but I was afraid how Jodie was going to react when she woke up in the morning. That was not going to be a pleasant time for me.

For the most part I slept on my right side with my hand on her chest, but I would wake up and find my arm over her rather than the way I had been. About four in the morning I woke up and lay there looking at her. She hadn't moved. She was still on her back and her long hair was draped on the pillow and onto the sheet next to her right shoulder. She was breathing softly and slowly, and her right hand was on her belly just below my hand. Despite feeling dread about explaining myself when she woke up, I couldn't help but smile just a little. I didn't mind sharing my bed with her at all. In fact I realized that I liked it a lot, but I had to enjoy it while I could, because this was going to be a one time event.

I slept again, but woke about seven. I used the bathroom and started the coffee, and then very carefully slipped into bed again and lay next to her just as I'd been most of the night. Close enough to her to allow my arm to drape over her warm waist.

It was close to eight when I felt her stir. I was awake, but enjoying the soft warmth of the bed and of Jodie lying next to me. It was when she turned onto her left side that I held my breath. Her eyes were still closed so I relaxed a little and now had the morning sunlight filtering in through the curtains to light the room and better see her. My right arm was up and my head was resting on it, and my right hand was within an inch of her hair, while my left arm continued its place across her side. Jodie stirred again and her right leg came forward and then over my legs before she stopped moving again. That put her body close enough to me that I could have moved a little and kissed her. That temptation was so powerful, but I resisted somehow. Then her eyes opened and she smiled at me. She managed to smile even more and say good morning...and then screamed and sat up. My magic time with her was over. "Sam, what the hell is...I'm in your bed."

"That's right."

She sat up quickly and looked around to confirm her statement and then looked back at me as I got up saying I'd get her a glass of water.

"My God Sam, you're in...you're almost naked."

"My briefs cover me."

"What the hell is going on? Why am I...oh my God, I'm almost naked too. Damn it Sam, where are my clothes?"

"On the dresser." I quickly slipped into the bathroom and came back out saying, "I'll explain what happened last night."

"Did we make love?"

"No hon, we didn't make love."

"But just last night you had your hand on...and then...I mean now I'm..."

I couldn't resist it any longer. I crawled onto the bed and kissed her and she kissed me in return. Then with her hand on my chest she pushed me back saying, "Damn it, just stay back...and cover your...pull the sheet up or something."

I did as she asked and then told her, "You awake enough to hear what happened?"

"I must be because my heart is racing."

"Okay, but settle down now."

"I can't settle down. The last I knew I was dressed and so were you and we were in the kitchen and we were..." then she took a breath and paused and then a little softer she added, "We were just going to catch Roscoe."

"Roscoe is peacefully watching us from the foot of the bed by the way. He watched me undress you last night in fact."

She put her hand to her forehead and closed her eyes as she massaged her forehead and said, "I can't believe you just said that."

"I asked you and you said okay."

"That's not true at all."

"It is. Okay, remember when you took the Tylenol for your headache?"

"Oh, that's right, we came into your bedroom and I took those pills."

"That's right. But I was wrong, those weren't Tylenol."

"What the hell did you give me?"

"They were Vicoden. You took a double dose of a powerful pain control medicine."

"You mean you drugged me?"

"Jodie, it was an honest mistake."

"You drugged me and undressed me?"

"Listen to me. The medicine was a mistake, but yes I did undress you."

"But why, were you that determined to see me undressed or what?"

"I wanted you to be comfortable. I got undressed for the same reason." Then hoping that just maybe the medicine was still in her system and keeping her from coming unglued, I really took a chance and kissed her again. "Jodie, I didn't touch you inappropriately at all. I undressed you, pulled the sheet and blanket up to cover you and then undressed and joined you."

"That was all?"

"That was all. I lay on my side and watched you for a long time."

"You watched me?"

"I wanted to be sure you were going to be okay, so I put my hand on your chest and just watched you sleep."

"Your hand on my chest? But you just said you didn't touch me inappropriately."

"I touched you like this," and in put my hand on her chest with my thumb just touching the bottom of her bra. "Just like this. Then awhile ago you turned on your side and put your leg over me and rolled toward me."

"I did not."

"Oh yes you did and I loved it."

"Oh God," and she sat up again and let the covers fall before she pulled at them. "Hon, I've had my hand on you and looked at you all night, so there's no point in trying to pull the covers up. It's far too late to worry about that."

I had my head propped up on my right hand and as she looked down at me she said, "You didn't...I don't know, look under my bra or take my panties down or whatever?"

"Of course not. I loved seeing you in just your bra and panties, but at the same time I was uncomfortable like that. I knew you weren't in control of your senses and that bothered me a little." Then I smiled and added, "Of course not enough to make me stop looking at you." I sat up then and ignoring the fact that she could see between my legs I said, "The coffee is made and waiting for us."

"We better talk about all of this, because my head is still spinning."

"That would be a good idea. Now would you like me to help you get dressed?"

She managed a slim smile and said, "No, I think I can manage."

"Okay then," and I got up and reached for my pants. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her looking at me, and I was just devilish enough, and hard enough to turn so she could see the growing problem between my legs. I picked up my shirt from last night and smiling at her said, "I'll meet you in the kitchen."

Chapter Five

I was leaning against the counter and sipping my coffee when Jodie appeared with Roscoe trotting along right next to her. "Ready for coffee?"

"I'm desperate for coffee." I filled her cup and took it around to her and then kissed her again.

"You have to forgive me for that Jodie, because after this morning it might be a very long time before I have that honor again."

"Sam, tell me again that nothing happened last night...I mean between you and me."

"I was so very tempted to carry on about how we made love until we passed out, but I just couldn't do that to you, especially after I saw how rattled and confused you were. But really, both of us behaved ourselves."

"Oh no, you undressed me."

"I did ask you and you said okay, but then you were so groggy from the pills that I'm sure you didn't even know what I had said. I wasn't trying to take advantage of you though. I just did what I thought I should do."

"And maybe what you wanted to do?"

I had to smile, but then I told her, "I'm sure that was in there too, but I was a little afraid, because I didn't know how you would do with two of those potent pills in your system, and I didn't know how long you would sleep."

"Oh my god, work. I have to call work."

"I called my office a few minutes ago and told them I wouldn't be in." I handed her the phone and she made her call and then sat back and almost emptied her cup. I refilled it and then asked her, "You doing better?"

"I think so. I'm slowly catching up with the real world, but I still can't get over what happened."

"You know, Roscoe is more to blame for this than anybody. Had he behaved himself you wouldn't have even been over here."

"That's true. My god the trouble he has caused is unbelievable."

"Let's see. There was the incident where you knocked my lamp off of the table. We had our first affair on the kitchen floor when we tried to catch him. Then again in the kitchen when you sat in the jelly and got it all over you and the kitchen. Now he's responsible for me having my hand in your shorts us sharing a bed last night and us seeing each other almost naked. Roscoe is racking up quite a list of feats."

"If anybody ever heard what you just said they would never believe the truth."

"I can hardly believe the truth myself."

"We just have to find out how Roscoe is getting out of my house Sam, because if this continues we...I can't imagine what will happen next." Then standing up she said, "We better try to catch Roscoe so I can go home. I need some time to get my head on straight." She no more than said that when Roscoe jumped into her lap and looked up at her. "I can't believe this."

"He's probably hungry."

"How can I love him and want to kill him at the same time."

"It happens all the time." I had no idea why I said that, but she just smiled.

I watched her go across our lawns with Roscoe trotting along next to her, and I went back for more coffee. I had a lot to think about too and I knew it was going to take some time. When I wanted to think I'd go sit in my little office and play euchre or hearts on the computer, so that's where I headed with fresh coffee in hand. I had an email from Murray from his office so I opened that and smiled. There for my pleasure was, what I was sure, was the same woman as the last time. Her face was blurred, and her hands were hiding what was between her legs, but I still smiled and studied her naked form. Nice. Not long legged model nice, but this was some amateur from some unknown place in the world and she was sharing with us. I liked what I saw and shot Murray another thank you and told him we had to get together for lunch or whatever soon. I needed to share at least a little of what I had been through with Jodie and Roscoe, not including what had just happened of course. Within minutes Murray was back saying six o'clock at Panera Bread Company, so I shot back an acceptance and went back to thinking about Roscoe and Jodie. I still hated cats, but I had to admit that Roscoe had made my life a lot more exciting than it had been.

Wendy and I were usually together on Friday night and at some point on Saturday, so I sent her an email and told her I was busy Friday night but Saturday was wide open. At some point I would have to think about why I put Murray and Lynn ahead of Wendy, but right then I needed to be with my friends to just talk.

It was just shy of five when Jodie called and asked me, "Could I come over for a few minutes? I promise not to stay too long."

"Of course, but walk slowly because I'm just out of the shower."

"Are you sure it's okay?"

"Of course and the door isn't locked so just come in."

I was shaved so I slipped on my briefs, jeans and shirt just as I heard her call out, "Sam, I'm here." I went out barefoot and she smiled and said, "I would have waited until you finished dressing."

"I'm fine, my feet are nudists anyway." By then I was close to her, but I stopped and told her, "You look very nice."

"Thank you. Much better than those baggy awful shorts I'm sure."