Rudy Ch. 04: Stacey

Story Info
Can two broken hearts heal each other?
18k words
4.38
7.2k
11

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/10/2023
Created 05/04/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rudy Ch. 4: Stacey

Can two broken hearts heal each other?

****

Category: Romance.

TAGS: Cheating, Creampie, Cunnilingus, Fellatio, Marriage, Seduction, Student sex, True Love

* ***

Background:

This story is plays off in South Africa before the introduction of cell phones in 1994. The academic year starts January/February and ends November/December.

Students interested in teaching positions at government schools are required to complete the 'Higher Educational Diploma' (HED), which is a post graduate diploma.

'Onderstepoort' is a veterinary institute of the University of Pretoria (Tuks), the only one of its kind in South Africa and the main research center for veterinarian sciences.

Earlier in the series:

Chapter 1: Rudy and Lisa shared rides, and a room in a guest house, during their trips between Stellenbosch and Pietersburg over breaks on the University's calendar. They've met in the University's mice lab, where Lisa experimented with garlic, an anecdotal cure for low male fertility. Their paths separated, both clinging onto the hope/promise that they'll meet again.

Chapter 2: Justin deflowered his long-time sweetheart, Stacey. Their paths crossed briefly with Rudy and Lisa when they overnight in the same guest house. Justin cheated on Stacey, ending their relationship.

Chapter 3: Lisa married another when she discovered that Rudy loved someone else. Rudy was devastated when he learned that Lisa didn't wait for him, and that she had married someone else.

This Chapter can entirely be read on its own, any pre-knowledge required of earlier chapters are included in the text.

Spoiler alert: There are references to events in earlier chapters which the interested reader should read first. Hyperlinks are provided above for quick reference.

****

Local words

Maties: University of Stellenbosch

Matric: The final school year, equivalent to Grade twelve, or Senior year of Secondary school. Most scholars turn eighteen during their matric year.

Tuks: University of Pretoria

****

Acknowledgements:

I am much indebted to kenjisato for the thorough editing of the text (multiple times) and making this story much more readable and enjoyable than I could master on my own. I take responsibility for any error that remains.

****

February - University of Pretoria

Dr. Steyn clapped his hands to get the choir's attention; it was already ten minutes past the scheduled end time of the practice session. "Okay everybody, listen up. We're all a bit rusty, and I know this is our first practice of the new year, so I'll keep it short. Can I ask you to prepare both pieces that we did tonight for our next practice."

"Maestro, Maestro, can I say something?" It was Helen, the accompanist, who wanted a word. She had raven-black hair, cut in a bob.

Dr. Steyn looked at her. "Please, go ahead."

Helen walked to the front of the choir and took her stance next to Dr. Steyn, her lime green tank top offering glimpses of her athletic waist. She cleared her throat. "I've looked at the planning our Maestro gave us, and the road ahead will be tough. For those interested in a relaxed social, I've booked a table at 'Uncle Larry's Lounge', all are welcome... It is going Dutch, though, everyone pays their own way." She saw the frown on a few of the new members' faces and continued. "If you take a left at the gate, it is about two blocks away on the right."

Rudy was one of the first to pitch at Uncle Larry's, and waited for a familiar choir face before going in. Helen was short on his heels and towed him inside to the reserved table. Rudy took a seat at the end of the table and Helen slipped in next to him.

Helen was doing her M.Mus, and was, like Rudy, older than the rest of the choir. She opted to sit next to Rudy, hoping to have a more mature chat than what could be expected from a raw first-year student (University freshman).

More choir members arrived, and the lounge's staff added another table next to Rudy to extend the table. Orders were taken, and soon all had a filled glass of refreshment.

Helen stood up, and looked around to see if all had a glass in front of them. "Hey guys and girls, let's drink to a wonderful year, where we'll make good music and even better friends." She raised her glass of wine. "So, cheers."

While standing, she started to tap someone's glass in front of her. After that, a glass from her right clinked while she tried to get seated again.

Once seated, another glass from across the table clinked against Helen's glass. Out of nowhere, a mug filled with beer clunked against Rudy's glass of red wine.

Rudy got up and knocked a teaspoon against his glass to get everybody's attention. He waited for all to quiet down. "You're all doing it wrong. If you drink on a toast, you need to look the other person in the eyes when you clink your glasses, like this..." He sat down, looked at Helen and held his glass in her direction. He waited until she looked him in the eyes, before he moved his glass to clink hers.

Clinks started to pierce through the murmur which followed and most people seemed to look into the other person's eyes. "Why would you do that?" It was one of the altos who had to raise her voice over the murmur to be heard.

Rudy chuckled and spoke up for everybody to hear. "If you don't, you'll have seven years of bad sex."

A flurry of clinks erupted accompanied by a cacophony of 'Cheers'. Some added 'To great sex'.

"Do you know why it is bad for sex?" It was the alto's tenor friend asking the question. All went quiet while everybody looked at Rudy.

Rudy stood up again, and spoke up so all could hear him. "The origin of the tradition isn't very clear and probably originated in the Middle Ages, or shortly thereafter. From the time a king or a knight may want to poison someone else. To prevent this, the parties who clinked their glasses, or mugs, or whatever they used at the time, had to look each other in the eye with the glasses toughing each other in their peripheral vision. It was seen as a bad omen if you look at the glasses, as they hit each other, as it was thought that you wanted to transfer poisoned wine into the other glass. The idea of being poisoned when someone doesn't look you in the eye when you clinked glasses evolved into having bad sex over time."

Another round of clinking followed while Rudy sat down. Helen held her glass in his direction. "So, you hoped for good sex when you clinked my glass while looking in my eyes?"

Rudy blushed. "I wasn't trying to imply anything when I did it. I thought that you would be ideal for the demonstration. Firstly, because you are older and more mature, and secondly, I noticed that you..."

Helen put her finger on Rudy's lip. "You'll understand that I don't want word to come out. And to achieve that, I have a mutually beneficial proposal for you."

Rudy raised his eyebrows questioningly. "Mutually beneficial? That sounds interesting?"

Helen took a deep breath. "I'm seeing a dark, stormy sea in your eyes when I look at you. I've seen it before, mostly in the eyes of men who are deeply in love, but whose love is far away. The feeling of love stirs the storm in your eyes. But the uncertainty of the situation casts a dark shadow over the storm."

Rudy nodded his head. "You're a fine observer, what do you have in mind?"

Helen bit her lip before she spoke up. "I want you to fake romantic interest in me." She held her glass in Rudy's direction and looked towards him.

Rudy picked up his glass, and looked Helen in the eyes when they clinked.

Helen smiled and lowered her head on Rudy's shoulder. Then she started to whisper softly in his ear. "Can you see how Rupert, that long bass with red hair, is staring in our direction? He wants to get me into bed. I had to watch my every step last year while on tour, to avoid him."

Rudy chuckled. "And you trust me?"

Helen sighed. "We've already established that you're deeply in love, and that she isn't around. I noticed it in your eyes the moment you reported for your choir audition. Nah, I'm safe."

Rudy pulled Helen's head over and kissed her hair, playing the role she suggested.

After a few minutes, Helen lifted her head to whisper again into Rudy's ear. "See that short, brunette, first-year soprano and her blonde friend?" she continued, after a soft confirming noise from Rudy. "They've been watching you, all evening, and giggled a lot. I think they want your attention."

Rudy filled his empty glass and topped up Helen's glass. Looking into each other's eyes, they clinked again, and Helen lowered her head back onto Rudy's shoulder. She smiled when she noticed the disgusted smirk on the two sopranos' faces who got up, settled their bill and left, with Rupert leaving in their wake.

The lounge personnel started to clean the table, as most choir members had already left. Rudy and Helen got up, and Rudy settled both their bills.

He walked Helen to her car, who turned to him and gave him a huge, intimate hug. "If we want this to work, we'll have to fake it properly." She took Rudy's head in her hands and leaned in for a long and deep, tongue-wrestling kiss, to make Rudy understand what she meant. "I'll keep the girls off your back, and you'll rescue me if I'm stuck with attentive guys. Deal?" She held her hand to shake on it.

Rudy, surprised at his stiffening penis, and took her hand. "Deal."

****

March - Stellenbosch

Rudy was nervous as he entered the hall where the graduates gathered to get organized. He was to receive his honors degree and flew in from Johannesburg earlier. He had to rush to be in time for the ceremony, and secretly hoped to see Lisa, who would receive her bachelor's degree at the same graduation ceremony.

He wondered if he was doing the right thing. He was in love with Lisa, but regarded it selfish to expect of her to put her life on hold, while he committed himself to his post-graduate studies. He was determined not to show any affection towards Lisa.

Lisa, too, was nervous; not knowing what to expect. When their paths separated four months ago, she was ready to commit to Rudy, but he had explained that he wasn't able to commit to her. He still had three or four years of study planned at the University of Pretoria, almost 1,500 kilometers (1,000 mi) away. He considered it unfair to expect Lisa to pause her life, while she could, or rather, should go on with her life.

Rudy was relieved when he saw Lisa's waving hand and aimed in her direction. He was relieved as it seemed as if she was waiting for him.

Lisa thought that she might as well have hugged a boxing bag when Rudy wrapped his arms around her when he got to her. There was no kiss pecked onto her lips, no wandering hand around her waist, or secretly sliding onto her bum which she had hoped for. Even her effort to deliberately press her breasts against his chest yielded no reaction.

Rudy had to resist the urge to give Lisa an intimate kiss, to let his hands roam onto her firm buttocks. Lisa's pert breasts pressing against his chest, made it even more difficult for him. His mind was in turmoil for the past few days, but he decided that he had to be firm. He couldn't allow any signal that he had feelings for Lisa to slip through his guard. It would be unfair to give her hope, at least for now. He deliberately avoided the word 'love' in his thoughts as it would only make matters worse. He was the first to speak. "You look great, how is life treating you?"

Lisa's face turned dark. "I missed you, our regular chats in the lab." Then her eyes brightened up and she looked into Rudy's eyes, hoping her next words would bring him fond memories. "But especially our shared trips over breaks."

If she hoped to see affection from Rudy's side, she had tried the wrong approach. He tried to keep an emotional distance, knowing that his studies needed to take priority above his personal life. "And your plans for next year?"

Lisa saw the opportunity to throw out another piece of bait. "Pietersburg Gymnasium has a vacancy for a Biology teacher and seems interested in recruiting me. They invited me for an interview, I'm booked on a flight to Johannesburg after the ceremony." Lisa took a calculated risk in booking the flight when she learned that Rudy would be flying from Johannesburg to attend the ceremony, and fly back after the ceremony. She hoped to end up on the same flight, and that they would be lucky enough to end up on adjacent seats.

Rudy avoided the bait and steered the conversation in another direction. "Your sister is probably very excited about the prospect. When I dropped you off last November, William told me they're thinking of expanding the family. You'd make a great aunt!"

Lisa smiled. "Yes, Trudy told me that she already stopped her birth control medication at the beginning of the year and may have started trying by now. They offered me a room in their house until I found my feet, so I'll have time to play with my little niece... or nephew."

Rudy's eyes showed some life. He knew where William and Trudy lived, he can always go back for Lisa when the time is right. "Seems like a win-win situation, you get free lodging, and your sister a free babysitter." After a bit of silence, he continued. "What are your plans to get to the airport?

Lisa looked at Rudy when she answered. "I'll order a taxi to get to the airport."

Rudy took a deep breath. He knew he shouldn't, but his desire to be longer in Lisa's presence overwhelmed his better judgement. "I'm also flying back tonight, I'm on the 17:50 South African Airways flight. I can take you to the airport, unless you have an earlier flight."

Lisa eagerly accepted his offer. "That's kind of you, I'm on the same flight."

Rudy immediately regretted his offer. Although he wanted to spend as much time as possible with Lisa, he was unsure if he could maintain his 'loveless' act.

The organizers called the graduates' attention so they could get seated as the ceremony was about to start.

Rudy, trying to keep his distance, got a last word in. "I want to chat to a few friends and get a photograph taken. Let's meet up here at four, it would leave enough time to collect your stuff and drive to the airport."

****

Rudy woke up startled in his seat as the aircraft's wheels touched down on the runway. Lisa's head, which was nuzzled in his neck moments before jerked as she too woke from her sleep. Rudy looked at Lisa. "Sorry for being such bad company, I just couldn't stay awake. I had a rough week and just needed some rest."

Lisa was disappointed, she had such high hopes, after being seated next to Rudy, on discussing their friendship, hoping for signs that there was more between them. But she too had a busy week and appreciated the peaceful sleep when the discussion didn't happen. "To be honest, I also needed a good rest." She watched as passengers started to prepare to disembark.

The aircraft came to a halt and soon passengers started to disembark. Rudy waited patiently as they were, due to their 'economy tickets' seated near the end of the aircraft. Lisa, on the other hand, reached for her handbag and retrieved her lipstick to touch her lips up.

Rudy took his handful of items from the back pocket in the seat in front of him when the passengers close to them started to move. He accompanied Lisa to the carousel where she'd collect the baggage she had to check in. Rudy saw the time as they approached an airport information board. He pointed towards the clock and addressed Lisa. "What's your plans from here? It's already dark outside."

Lisa's heart raced. "I made a booking at a guest house in Hatfield, and planned to get a taxi to get me there." These were indeed her plans, especially if Rudy wasn't on the same flight. She secretly held her thumbs...

"I can take you, I have a place in Hatfield, so taking you to the guest house wouldn't be out of the way." He looked at Lisa who was looking intently at the carousel which started to move.

After a lone suitcase and a baby stroller did their round without being claimed, Lisa looked at Rudy. "That will be kind of you." After a dramatic pause she continued. "The guest house said that they can receive guests 24/7, so I can check in any time of the night. There is a bell at reception to call the person on duty. Why not have something to eat somewhere and catch up on our lives. I'm still a bit empty after the bite they offered during the flight." She hoped that Rudy would 'bite' on the idea. She would do anything to extend their time together.

The suitcase and stroller were claimed when it reappeared where after the carousel was stopped. Rudy thought a bit, he too was still hungry after the complementary light snack provided during the flight. He also wanted to extend the time with Lisa. "It's a noble thought, I can also do with something more substantial."

The carousel started to move again and Lisa's attention was drawn to the stream of luggage that came through the rubber curtain. She rushed towards the carousel when she spotted her bag and retrieved it, looking at the name tag to make sure it was hers.

It was Rudy who started talking as they strolled towards the parking area where Rudy's car was parked. "I can offer you my bed if you're interested. It'll need a change of sheets though." He saw Lisa's eyes brighten up and immediately knew it was a mistake. He had to protect himself in the situation. "I'll sleep on the sleeper couch in the study." He couldn't miss the disappointment on Lisa's face and took her hand. "I would have loved to share another night with you. Fuck, no! I would have loved to share a lifetime with you. But I would be selfish to keep you for myself while I cannot give myself to you, or anyone else. Not now." He was glad that he could suppress his thoughts without voicing anything.

Lisa contemplated to rather stay in the Guest House. It would be easier, than to know that Rudy was sleeping a door away from her, yet not being there for her.

****

Johannesburg/Pretoria

Rudy was in a deep sleep. Lisa and he socialized in the steak house and were the last to leave shortly after midnight. It was part of Rudy's defense strategy, he couldn't get intimate with Lisa if they were among people, or stupidly tired. They relocated their socialization to his kitchen where they chatted around the breakfast nook and coffee until it was almost two.

Lisa had a restless sleep, she told Rudy that he needn't change the sheets, it would be only a few hours. Rudy's scent was on his pillow, permeated through the entire bed, causing her to think back on the wonderful sex they had during the overnight stay of their home trips over breaks. She forced her mind to think about her upcoming interview, in the hope to escape into peaceful sleep.

Rudy woke from contact on his shoulder. It was Lisa. Opening up his duvet and sliding onto the double sleeper couch next to him. "I couldn't sleep, I need you... no strings attached." She slipped her hand down his tummy, satisfied to feel his erection growing in her hand. She purred as Rudy's lips latched onto her nipple.

Rudy cursed himself for allowing Lisa back into his life at this stage of his studies. Yet, he was glad to have her with him, where he knew she belonged. Lisa purred softly when he rolled onto her and his mushroom crown slid into her wet folds.

****

Late September - Secunda:

Choir members sat in groups of four to six at the tables in the dining room of the Secunda Secondary School's hostel. Helen was thankful that Rudy agreed to do the performance. He barely managed to keep to his choir commitments during the year, as the extent of his studies inflated. He already withdrew from minor performances and gave notice that he wouldn't sing the following year. Maestro Steyn, nonetheless, tried to convince him to stay on.