Salacious Tales Pt. 01

Story Info
Naughty books give new wife ideas and naughtiness ensues.
21.8k words
4.64
12.5k
24
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story has been posted to Literotica.Com with the full knowledge of the original author, JimBob44. No part or whole of this story may be reprinted in any other format or on any other web site without the express written consent of the original author.

Author's Note: Any and all persons engaging in any sexual activity are at least eighteen years of age.

Disclaimers: This story has been edited by myself, utilizing Microsoft Spell-Check. You have been forewarned; expect to find mistakes.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Daniel Rose applauded as the ringmaster took one last bow and sauntered out of the carnival tent. Then Daniel sat as the audience made their way toward the large flap of the immense canvas enclosure. He saw no need to be among the pushing, pulling, laughing and squealing throng. While not especially comfortable, the hastily assembled wooden benches were more comfortable than slowly edging toward the opening of the tent, bumping into and being jostled by his fellow attendees.

After several long moments, the throng did dissipate considerably. Daniel stood and even stretched slightly. They had sat for nearly three hours as elephants trumpeted, lions roared, a strongman displayed feats of strength and clowns juggled and cavorted about. For two hours and forty one minutes, Daniel had sat and endured the smells of his fellow humanity; it was oppressively hot under the large tent. During the trapeze artists' performance, Daniel had purchased a glass of far too sweet lemonade. Then, during the strongman's performance, Daniel had stepped outside to avail himself of the haphazardly erected closet to relieve his bladder. But for much of the circus displays, he had sat on the crude bench.

"Daniel Samuel Rose," he chided himself as he wearily walked toward the exit. "You are thirty four years old. You are far too young to feel so aged."

Just before exiting the large tent, Daniel looked to his left; his attention had been averted by bright colors. He saw a well-endowed blonde and a young, muscular soldier in an embrace. The blonde wore a bright blue travelling gown and the soldier wore his uniform of blue. Among the drab browns of the floor of sawdust and dirt and the brown wooden benches and the dull beige of the canvas tent, their blue clothing was eye-catching indeed.

The embrace of the two was a passionate one as they kissed with urgency. Daniel recognized Henrietta 'Henny' Sheffield and her companion, Private Tom Fielder, a soldier stationed at nearby Fort Engels.

Daniel had a low opinion of Henny; she was attractive and was quite shallow in thought and aspiration. The young woman was wont to use her beauty and her physique to coerce others to do her bidding. He also knew Tom to be a dullard; perfectly suited to Henny's tastes. He would be easily manipulated by the attractive, willful young woman.

The lovers pulled apart and Henny turned to smirk triumphantly at a small brunette that sat on the bench, sobbing. Daniel could not see the huddled girl's face; she held a scrap of linen against her leaking eyes.

"So there, Ugly Lenny," Henny crowed, dragging the hapless soldier away. "Come Tom; I want a beer before the seller stops serving tonight."

"So, that is Eleanor Sheffield," Daniel surmised, looking at the small lump sat upon the first bench.

The five Sheffield women had entered Sopopaya, a small community in the New Mexico territory a few months previously. Georgia Sheffield was the matriarch, and like her daughters, Henrietta, Jennifer, and Penelope, Georgia was a tall, statuesque blonde. Georgia, Henny, Jenny, and Penny all possessed straw colored hair that most often sat upon their heads in quite thick braids woven intricately to display their slender necks. Each also possessed ice cold blue eyes that exuded no warmth, high cheekbones, and full lips that seemed curved in a perpetual smirk.

Eleanor 'Lenny' Sheffield was the odd one out. The short, stocky girl possessed lustrous brown hair normally worn loose, hanging to her chubby calves. Her eyes were a warm brown with small flecks of gold, her cheeks were pudgy and her full lips were usually downcast. On the few occasions Daniel had seen the young woman smile, the smile involved all of her round face.

No one knew the whereabouts of Mr. Sheffield, or if there had ever been a Mr. Sheffield. When asked, Georgia would only offer that the War of Northen Aggression and truly been dreadful.

Sopopaya was an Indian word. The Noffe tribe named the area Sopopaya, the Noffe word for Two Water. The Sopopaya stream fed the Sopopaya Lake. The origin of the Sopopaya stream was another, much larger lake within the Jefferson territory to the north.

Fort Engles had been the first white man's structure erected in Sopopaya. The Federal Government had installed the Calvary unit in Fort Engels and charged the unit with guarding first the railroad workers that were installing the railways through the New Mexico territory, and then with guarding the few train stops within their territory.

Daniel S. Rose had leased the land to the south of the railroad tracks. The first structure he'd erected had been the simple refilling station. Coal was brought in from the Jefferson territory; he ordered five tons per week. The Sopopaya Lake provided the needed water for the locomotives.

Next, Daniel erected the Desert Rose Hotel. The three story wooden building had twenty four small rooms with nothing more than a bed, a low dresser and a chamber pot. The room came with a door that could be locked securely. For an extra fee, Daniel would have two colored men bring up a tin wash bin of water, a cake of lye soap and a flannel cloth with which the bather could dry themselves upon completion of their baths. For another two bits, the water would be heated before the two servants brought the tub up.

The Desert Rose Saloon was soon built next to the hotel. Daniel had learned to make sorghum beer from a slave his father had owned and Daniel distilled large quantities of the potent beer. The soldiers of Fort Engels certainly approved of the beverage. Using iron barrel castoffs from the fort, Daniel also began to distill a crude whiskey. Crude or not, the soldiers heartily approved of Iron Barrel whiskey. Twice now, Daniel had been forced to use his ten gauge shotgun to discourage drunken soldiers from breaking into his stronghold behind the hotel and helping themselves to his stockpile of spirits.

The dancing girls came shortly afterward; as Georgia Sheffield stated, the war was indeed dreadful. The first four women were widows the war had created. The player pianohad been jostled somewhat out of tune as it travelled by wagon from Kansas but none complained about the jarring tunes as the four women danced and cavorted about, hoping to entice the soldiers to part with some money and take them upstairs to one of the twelve rooms above the saloon. Other women joined their ranks, some women left, some stayed on.

Rose's Mercantile was the third building erected. At first, the girls were the main clientele; most basic needs of the soldiers were provided by the military. But soon, other men, even some families trickled into the fledgling community and erected structures. Now, ten years after Daniel Rose had decided to settle in Sopopaya, there was even a Baptist Church. Daniel was polite with Reverend Marcus Vincent and his sharp tongued wife Helen, but did not attend their church. Daniel was Catholic and attended services at the small Mexican church across Sopopaya stream on the rare times he did attend services.

Now, inside of the sweltering carnival tent, air heavy with the smell of humanity and the carnival animals, Daniel solemnly approached the heartbroken Eleanor Sheffield. Briefly, he did wonder where Georgia, Jenny, or Penny Sheffield might be. Surely Mrs. Sheffield had not allowed her two daughters to come to the carnival unescorted and unchaperoned.

"In truth," Daniel said, settling onto the bench to Eleanor's left. "The young man in question is a simpleton."

"But, but, he kissed me. He told me, of all the Sheffield women, I'm the most beautiful," Lenny sniffled.

"Hmm. Perhaps he is not as simple as I'd originally surmised," Daniel thought.

Often overshadowed by her mother and three sisters, the eighteen year old girl would very easily succumb to such empty words as offered by a handsome young man. Desperate for attention and praise, Eleanor would have little defense against any untoward advances the young, virile soldier might attempt.

"Well, he is not wrong," Daniel agreed. "Of the Sheffield women that grace Sopopaya, you are indeed the loveliest of the five."

"I, you, you are just saying that," Lenny accused hopefully.

"No, no, in truth I would beg for just one beautiful smile from your wonderful lips, just one word of praise from your lovely mouth," Daniel insisted.

"But, I, I do not have their golden locks or their beautiful eyes," Lenny protested even as a smile curved her lips. "Nor do I possess the bosom of my mother and sisters."

"No and you should be thankful that you do not possess those tresses, those haughty eyes that hold no warmth or the inflated bosoms your mother and your sisters have been saddled with," Daniel praised.

Leaning close to her, Daniel whispered, "If I may chance to be so bold, dear Eleanor, you've the haunches that put theirs to shame. Forgive me if those words offend you, but in truth you are the Sheffield woman with the most desireable figure."

"In truth?" Lenny asked, breathless.

"I speak only the truth," Daniel placed his hand over his heart.

Daniel asked for and was given permission to escort Eleanor to the McDermott boarding house where the women had taken residence. Daniel paused and smiled often as the portly young woman clung to his arm. Drawing abreast of the Desert Rose Saloon, Daniel did ask the short woman if she would perhaps care for a beverage.

"A beverage..." Lenny asked, peering up into his warm brown eyes.

"I have a beer that is kept cool; the barrel is actually stored beneath the floorboards in a cool trench," Daniel divulged. "Or should you perhaps desire something stronger, I have Iron Barrel whiskey."

"Beer. I do believe I should like to try the beer," Lenny decided.

Daniel smiled at her enthusiasm. He also smiled that Eleanor had to crane her neck to look up into his face. He stood at six feet and one inch and would guess that, without her boots, Eleanor Sheffield would most likely stand at five feet, surely no taller than that.

Entering, Eleanor looked around the dimly lighted saloon with awed curiosity. Daniel guessed correctly that the eighteen year old woman had never been inside of the saloon. She gawked at the piano that played with no human hands, gawked at the five women that bounced and kicked and whooped while the piano jangled its lively tune. Eleanor seemed the catch the eye of one dandy, possibly from the carnival and blushed hotly and averted her eyes when he smiled at her.

Daniel smiled; it was obvious that Eleanor did not care for the taste of the beer. But the young eighteen year old bravely drank from the mug.

Eleanor still had more than half of her beverage remaining in her glass; Daniel quietly assured her he would not be offended if she did not drink the beer. With a grateful sigh, she placed the mug onto the counter. Daniel picked the heavy glass mug from the bar and drank the remainder in two long swallows. Then he offered her his arm and they left the dark room, stepping into the long afternoon shadows.

In front of the boarding house, Daniel bowed courteously to the young girl and wished her a good evening. When he chanced a backward glance at the door, Eleanor blushed but smiled. With another smile, she closed the door and Daniel returned to the saloon. He and Curtis, the bartender and manager quietly talked; the carnival workers were quite a thirsty lot but so far there had been no trouble from them.

The manager of the Desert Rose Hotel said much the same; the carnival workers had rented a few rooms and had requested baths. The five washtubs had been in constant use and all of the workers had paid the two bits extra charge for the luxury of hot water.

Upon unlocking the mercantile the following morning, Daniel was deluged by the carnival. They bought nearly every staple he had in stock. When they discovered he had white sugar, they bought the entire barrel. The coffee, dried beans, and flour barrels were also purchased and removed from the store. So too were the bins of hard candy and the tins of chocolates. At the last moment, Daniel withheld one tin of chocolates, secreting it behind the counter as the workers pawed through the supplies.

The stationmaster was amused when Daniel showed up, wanting to send a telegraph to the Great Oak, Texas storehouse. He confided to Daniel he would be glad when the carnival packed up and were on their way to Arizona later that afternoon. Some would be taking the train west but most were travelling by horse drawn wagons to their next destination.

"Why? There's been no trouble, has there?" Daniel asked the rotund man.

"No, no, but it's just that, all them colored folk," the man grumbled.

"The workers?" Daniel inquired, setting his jaw.

He'd heard Colonel Danbridge from Fort Engels once state, "Black or brown, shoot 'em down."

Apparently Colonel Danbridge was not alone in his prejudice. Daniel sent the telegraph, paid the stationmaster for the telegraph and left.

His foot travel took him past the boarding house. On impulse, Daniel knocked upon the thin door of the building.

"Ah! Mr. Rose!" Mrs. McDermott, the woman that owned and operated the boarding house simpered when she saw the visitor at her door.

"Mrs. McDermott," Daniel smiled at the plump fifty seven year old matron. "The truth is, hmm, I was hoping I might have a word with Mrs. Sheffield, Georgia Sheffield?"

"Ah, I, well, let me see," Hannah said, chubby face creased in a knowing smile.

Georgia Sheffield was indeed a striking woman. If there were strands of silver woven in her locks of gold, Daniel could see none. There were the hints of those fine lines at the corners of her eyes but one had to look closely to notice. Her dress was cut to emphasize her delectable bosom and soft belly and lush hips.

Daniel was invited into the McDermott home and he took care to wipe his boots clean on the rug at the door. They were seated in the parlor of the boarding house and Georgia leaned forward as she sat upon the settee. This movement afforded Daniel a glimpse of her pendulous breasts and large light brown areolae.

"Mrs. Sheffield, we've not been formerly introduced," Daniel said, keeping his face impassive as Georgia sat with a knowing smirk upon her face.

"Oh, no, no, I supposed we have not," she agreed in an exaggerated heavy Southern accent.

"I am Daniel Rose; pleased to make your acquaintance," Daniel stated.

"And I am delighted to finally meet you," she assured him, leaning forward to place a gloved hand upon his knee.

Again, her position afforded him a glimpse down the loose bodice of her gown. Daniel instead kept his eyes firmly on the woman's cold blue eyes. The smile that graced her lips that revealed the woman's yellowing teeth did not grace those eyes.

"Yesterday afternoon, I did take in the carnival..." Daniel began, now that the introductions were concluded.

"Oh my! And weren't those performers simply marvelous?" Georgia gasped, hand going to her heavy bosom.

"...and had the good fortune to happen upon one of your daughters," Daniel continued.

He saw the flicker of disapproval cross Georgia Sheffield's face. She tilted her gaze from his face toward the door that led from parlor to the interior of the house. Then she again plastered the smile on her lovely face.

"In truth? None of my daughters said anything about attending the carnival. Or of meeting you," Georgia stated, some of her accent slipping away.

"Ah yes, well, we'd only spoken but a few words," Daniel assured the matron.

"Oh?" Georgia demanded.

"But in those few moments, I did come to appreciate not only her beauty, but her gracious nature," Daniel assured the woman. "And I would like your permission should I come to call upon your daughter?"

"Oh?" Georgia smiled again and again placed her hand upon his leg above his knee. "And which one of my daughters would you care to call upon? I do believe Henny is being courted, I do believe it is quite serious, a young Calvary officer..."

Daniel noticed that Mrs. Sheffield was again using her Southern accent. He fought down his smirk at her charade. He also smirked at the woman's assumption that he would be drawn to Henrietta.

"Hmm? You are speaking of Henrietta?" Daniel asked.

"Yes, yes, a Lieutenant Fielder I do believe," Georgia declared smugly.

"Thomas Fielder is a private with the Calvary; he is not even afforded his own mount," Daniel corrected the woman's error. "He is assigned to the mule team that ferries the heavy cannon to battle."

"What?" Georgia snapped.

Daniel smirked; he had heard a light gasp just beyond the open door and also heard a light giggle. But he did not look toward the door, just continued to rest his gaze on the slightly reddening Mrs. Sheffield.

"But, no, no Mrs. Sheffield, it is not the young Henrietta that has captured my attention," Daniel continued. "Although, to be sure, she is certainly a fetching young woman..."

"My Jenny, then," Georgia said.

"Hmm? No, I do not believe I have happened upon your Jennifer. I have, of course seen her about in the company of Julia Vincent, the daughter of Reverend Vincent," Daniel stated.

"Oh?" Georgia said and Daniel could see that this disclosure did not please Georgia.

Before Georgia could suggest Penelope, Daniel interjected with, "No, no, while Henrietta and Jennifer are both quite lovely, quite charming indeed, the young lady I wish to call upon, with your permission of course..."

"Oh, but of course," Georgia agreed, again leaning forward to grace Daniel with another glimpse of her bosom.

"...is your lovely daughter Eleanor," Daniel made his intentions known.

"El...Lenny!" Georgia asked, truly astounded.

From the doorway, Daniel heard four gasps. He also heard an expletive no proper young woman should ever utter. This time, he did allow his gaze to shift from the still flabbergasted face of the matriarch toward the open doorway of the parlor. He saw three blonde heads and one brunette head. For the briefest of moments, he saw Eleanor's delighted smile before she either stepped back, or was jerked back by an unseen hand.

"Lenny?" Georgia asked again, not sure she'd heard correctly.

"Yes, yes, Eleanor. A truly beautiful and charming young woman to be sure," Daniel reiterated.

"But, but you could have my Henny...well, now that we've been advised of the lowly stature of Mr. Fielder," Georgia said. "Or my Jenny; so far she's rebuffed the attentions of a few of the men of Sopopaya, but a man such as yourself? With the hotel and saloon? Surely she would find your attentions welcome."

"In other words, it would be my wealth or supposed wealth she would succumb to and not any true affections for myself," Daniel thought but did not speak; simply waited for Georgia's assent to call upon Eleanor.

"Perhaps you should ask Eleanor if she would be agreeable." Daniel suggested as Georgia continued to extoll the virtues of Henrietta and Jennifer to the male suitor. "Or should I simply take my leave?"

Hmm? Oh! Oh, no, no, of course," Georgia said, rising to her feet.

Daniel quickly rose to his feet as a gentleman should. He settled himself on the faded, worn velvet wingback chair when Georgia exited the room. He rose again when Georgia entered the room, followed by a beaming Eleanor Sheffield.

"Eleanor," Daniel smiled and bowed slightly.