Second Chances

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Epilogue

Laying together on the outdoor lounge, Mark and Rebekah were enjoying the quiet time they now had in abundance. She laid in his arms, head on his bare chest while listening to his strong heart beat while enjoying his hand stroking her lower back. He kissed the top of her head and then let his fingers slide under the thin fabric of her thong bikini, into the cleft of her bottom. He loved her round ass and enjoyed touching it, bringing her pleasure. Mark felt her hug him tighter and then look up at him with a loving gaze.

"Last night not enough?" Rebekah asked cheekily even though they spent more time taking photos and video than anything else. The truth was, after last night she'd have him again in a heartbeat, given it was just so loving and sensual before she fell asleep in his strong arms.

"When it comes to you, it's never enough," Mark replied which made Rebekah swoon. He loved having her against him.

"Even after all these years you still know how to make me feel good," Rebekah said moving up and kissing him on the lips. It was soft, gentle and full of love. They both sat up, with Rebekah straddling his lap, looking down into his eyes and holding him in her arms, closer to her chest. "If we weren't expecting visitors, I'd do you right here."

"I'm playing the long game babe," Mark said causing her to giggle and realise it was all about tonight. She loved that he would tease her throughout the day and when it was time for bed she would be chomping at the bit, tearing his clothes off and devouring him before he could protest. Mark kissed her right above her breasts before she kissed him again with just a little bit more passion to let him know her intentions also.

"Good," Rebekah said with a smile. She got up and turned, the tattoo on her ass cheek filled with initials. There were two M's, an R and a G. It was a special and important statement for all of them. "Now if you can be a good boy, and get the pool toys ready, I'll just change my bottoms and be right back."

"Okay babe," Mark said happily.

Watching her hips sway and her ass bounce as she walked inside, Mark reminisced about their time together as he got ready. Ten years had passed since Mary passed and it seemed like a blur. Somehow, they were able to get their lives back on track and he couldn't have done it without Rebekah or Gabriella or even the children.

Having changed and gotten everything ready, Mark and Rebekah finally sat down beside the pool, staring at the once busy space while they sat alone. He recalled how it had taken six months before Mark felt comfortable enough to be intimate again. They treated it like a friend with benefits arrangement for a while until there were all comfortable enough to move on. It was bumpy at times, but that was because they were trying to find their way and honour Mary's memory as well as each other. They never expected perfection but they were able to come together as they had always hoped.

Gabriella had been a godsend that whole time, fitting in like a piece of a puzzle and complimenting them perfectly. There was never any question about her being there, with everyone including her like family. The three of them stayed close, ever since that first night they shared Rebekah's bed, sleeping in each other's arms for comfort. And now, here Mark and Rebekah were, years on still fresh and happy.

The children had grown into wonderful human beings, with the eldest two in serious relationships and the rest working on or towards their careers. All the children had left home, with Michaela finally off to college to become a lawyer, just like her Mother Mary. It was fitting really and one they were all happy to encourage given she seemed so much like her other mother. Rebekah had kept her promise to look after the children and now as they sat there, wondered what was going to come next. That moment of doubt creeping in right before they got busy with visitors again.

"I can't believe it," Rebekah said taking Mark's hand. "What do we do now?"

"What do you mean?" Mark replied looking at the still beautiful blonde. Even at fifty-one she still looked like she had just turned forty.

Turning to him, Rebekah felt her heart flutter but then the pang of worry set in now that it was just the two of them. What was life going to be like now? He must have sensed it because Rebekah suddenly felt at ease as his gaze held hers. To Rebekah he was still as handsome as ever, his hair now salt and pepper instead of dark brown, but he kept active and looked fantastic. He was still a young man in her eyes, one that was full of life.

"We're alone now, it's just us. What are we going to do next? I only ask because it was always about the children, and well, now it's about us," Rebekah said as a matter of fact.

"That's true," Mark said lifting her hand up so he could kiss the back of it. "And you have been nothing short of amazing this whole time and I don't know how to thank you for any of it."

She blushed and felt her eyes tear up. He still knew what to say that got her right in the feels.

"You never had to thank me. It's been my utmost pleasure. When I was at my lowest you stood by me and time after time you saved me. And before you say anything, it's not about tit for tat. I was always going to be there for you. I meant it when I said I was never leaving you again. As much as some of it has hurt over the years, I wouldn't change it for the world. Because of where we are now," Rebekah said looking at her handsome man with adoration. "I love you Mark, I always have and I always will."

"I love you too, Becks," Mark said turning to face her slightly. "But that leaves one question then, doesn't it?"

"Yeah, what do we do now?" Rebekah said with a laugh but Mark shook his head.

"No, not that one," Mark said reaching into the cushions and pulling out a small box. He opened it and immediately Rebekah's lip trembled, her hand coming up to cover her face all lady-like. "The question is, Rebekah Gayle Peterson, will you marry me, again?"

Flinging her arms around his neck and kissing him furiously, Rebekah cried happy tears. She never thought it would ever happen again, resigning herself to the fact that they would simply live together as a couple for the rest of their lives. When she finally came up for air, she held his face in her hands and beamed happily.

"So, is that a yes?" Mark asked just to confirm it while she giggled.

"Of course, yes!" Rebekah replied kissing him again. "You've made my dreams come true Mark. You always have..."

"You are my dream Becks," Mark said as he slipped the rock onto her finger. It was a large diamond set on three while gold bands that joined at the top.

"I can't wait to show Gabby!" Rebekah said excitedly as she looked at the diamond ring. She then looked at Mark who had a funny look on his face which gave way to her own funny look. "What? She's seen it, hasn't she?"

"Who do you think helped me find it?" Mark replied before bursting out into laughter and Rebekah grabbing hold of him playfully.

"Oh, you two!" Rebekah said peppering him with kisses as the doorbell rang.

They knew exactly who it was, with the whirlwind of noise rushing into the house as they let themselves in, the two of them waited with anticipation. Gabriella always rang the doorbell just in case, when visiting, which was something she had done since Mark gave her a key all those years ago. The two boys, Ricky who was nine and Thomas who was seven, came flying outside carrying towels and went straight at Rebekah.

"Hey BeeBee!" the boys cried as Rebekah stood and scooped them up. BeeBee was their name for Rebekah because when Ricky was first learning to speak he couldn't say Becks or Becky and instead said BeeBee. The name stuck and she couldn't have been happier.

"My boys!" Rebekah said happily as they hugged and kissed. Gabriella came out smiling, carrying a large bag before plonking it down near the doors. Dressed casually in a shirt, skirt and sandals she looked like she was ready for the beach. "What have you been feeding these two? They've grown so much in the last week!"

"Just the usual," Gabriella replied happily walking up to Rebekah and greeting her with a hug and a kiss. Rebekah held her hand out and Gabriella got all excited. "He finally popped the question!?"

"Yes!"

"Well then, that calls for a celebration," Gabriella said happy that her best friends had finally gotten engaged. She looked over at Mark who was hugging Ricky and then Thomas, giving them a fist bump each as they smiled and put their towels down beside him.

"I agree. Now, how about we go for a swim? Boys you head into the pool, I'll be there in a minute," Rebekah said happily as the two women finished greeting one another.

"Okay BeeBee!" the boys said in unison again before they tore off towards the water.

Moving to wear Mark was standing, Gabriella gave him a kiss and a long hug before she looked at him adoringly while he sat down. She turned to her boys who were already near the pool.

"I'll be right behind you," Gabriella said with a smile as Rebekah rushed after the boys and into the water with big splashes. Gabriella then sat down next to Mark and took a deep, relaxing breath and sighed when his hand found her thigh. She loved being so comfortable with him.

"How'd it go?" Mark asked looking at his personal assistant. She could still pass for a model, even if she had finally put a bit of weight on.

"He came and got the rest of his stuff yesterday, so... good. No dramas," Gabriella said with a nod. She was finally relieved the ordeal with her now ex-husband was over with.

"Good. So, are you staying the night?" Mark asked as she nudged him with her shoulder. The two of them were sitting close together touching.

"Is that alright?" Gabriella replied quietly. He looked at her and they stared at each other.

"Of course, it is. Why wouldn't it be?" Mark asked taking her hand and giving it a squeeze.

"I know," Gabriella replied giving him a warm smile. "Mark?"

"Yeah?"

There was a moment of trepidation in Gabriella's voice.

"Can we stay longer than one night?" Gabriella asked hopeful he would say yes. She knew she was asking a lot but then again, he had never said no before.

"How much longer?" Mark replied still holding her hand as they looked at the boys and Rebekah splashing in the pool.

"Mark?" Gabriella asked looking at him until he turned his attention to her.

"Yeah?"

"I never want to leave again," Gabriella said holding her breath as she waited for his reply. When he smiled, she finally let herself breath again and before he opened his mouth, Rebekah came up from the pool, dripping wet.

"Hey babe, guess what?" Mark asked looking at Rebekah who looked incredible wet.

"What's that?" Rebekah replied stopping in front of them both.

"Gabby's never leaving again," Mark said which brought a huge smile to Rebekah's face.

"About time," Rebekah said sitting down next to Gabriella. They were all touching as Rebekah grabbed her free hand. "Welcome home."

A tear of joy started to form in Gabriella's eyes and right then Rebekah hugged her and kissed her temple. The love they had for each other was indescribable. They had been through the worst and come out stronger for it with a bond that was unbreakable. Mary was still gifting them all these years later.

"Thanks. I'm so lucky I have you two," Gabriella said taking a deep breath to calm down. It was odd that she wanted to cry when she was so happy but at the same time didn't want to dampen the mood.

"So are we," Mark said pulling them both together and hugging them. "How about we celebrate once the boys are in bed. But right now, I'll go dunk them and you get ready?"

"Sounds good," Gabriella said pulling him close and kissing him sweetly. He smiled and got up, heading to the pool while she did the same thing with Rebekah. Just then there was an almighty splash and laughter everywhere.

"Looks like fun, time to get changed Gab," Rebekah said but she saw Gabriella pause.

"I ah, didn't bring one. I'll pick up more clothes tomorrow... I haven't shaved for a while, not with everything going on and," Gabriella said but Rebekah just smiled.

"Come with me. I think I've still got some wax strips somewhere and a really nice bikini for you to wear," Rebekah said dragging the brunette into the house as they laughed.

"Becks!"

"What? Trust me okay, I know you want me to... And I'll be booking you in next week to get it off permanently too," Rebekah said raising her eyebrows suggestively as they giggled all the way to the master bathroom.

Sometimes life throws you curve balls but when a second chance comes along you take it with every fibre of your being. Rebekah had been given that opportunity and now, as a way to pay it forward was now doing the same with Gabriella. She knew in her heart that this was the start of the next phase of their lives and a happy one at that.