All Comments on 'Sigrid's Dilemma Pt. 05'

by Harry_Flashman

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

That sucked. Now she raises the little black bastard alone.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Manu here with mixed emotions... I can't rate this, My mind is telling me is a solid 4 stars near 4.5, My heart... Good job with this...

So, whose baby is?

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Well, we finally got to read the ending of her dilemma. Plainly described, in black and white.

Or is it 'black or white'?

RahulbhatnagafRahulbhatnagaf17 days ago

It's markus 's child .he won the genetic lottery

Infact all of them did except magnus

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Magnus did everything to fuck up the cheating whore ex wife's life and her asshole boyfriend's career. She lives in the hood now with her cheating predator and their skin rat. She works like a whore to hand her pay over to her pimp boyfriend. In the meantime Magnus is obsessed with making their lives and the bastard child's future is as deplete of happiness as his has been made by the disgusting whore he once loved.

AndrewMaster4AndrewMaster417 days ago

I did not expect this ending. I'm not saying it's bad or something, just unexpected. Overall a great story (all parts)

The only thing I'm wondering about is - why not reveal whose baby she had? Considering how this story was going and what category it's in, I guess it kinda answers my question, but at the end of the day, it's only an assumption of mine, because there's no confirmation in the story about my assumption being correct.

oxa4r5toxa4r5t17 days ago

Harry_Flashman I loved all the parts of the series and you're an amazing writing.

But I have a few concerns towards the end of the conclusion. 

1.) The ending was kind of rushed; you could've added one more part to the series. 

2.) Since the day Marcus arrived in Nordland, I have been waiting for the detailed episode on how he could have fucked Sigrid on her martial bed, from undressing her to filling her up (roleplay thing)...you could've restricted the car episode to the handjob, and the whole fuck scene would have taken place when Sigrid had invited Marcus to meet her at her house.

At last, to say,............... "I'm still waiting for the email reply from you!"

Keep writing. Nordland has a lot of potential.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

So she probably had a black kid and she knew that she would end up with no family anyway so she probably did the best thing possible particularly

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

First of all, as it is customary, let me start with the praises to you. Your writing is extremely good. Congratulations on finishing your first story, at least in terms of publishing. In this last part, there were things I liked and there were things I didn’t like.

The things I liked, were, of course, the sex scenes. As always they were really well written. The ending itself was also well thought out. It was kind of bittersweet, no one got, what he or she wanted. The fact that you left out, if the baby was mixed race or pure white was brilliant (who are we kidding, Marcus has to be the father, at least in my imagination).

To the things I didn’t like includes first of all the fact that the story has actually ended. I honestly liked Sigrid as a character (at least in parts 1 to 3). I am aware that a story has to end eventually and that you want to move on to different stories, but I would surely have loved to see 10 parts or more of this story.

Secondly, the way you, or Sigrid, treated Magnus, was unfair. The fact, that he was ignorant of Sigrid’s affair, must have really hit him completely out of the blue. One day everything is fine, the next day she completely disappears, that’s not fair. Marcus was at least aware of the situation and could prepare for that outcome.

Speaking of ignorance, Magnus was until the completely oblivious to his wife’s actions. You showed him as an nice person, a competent engineer and even a capable lover, witch was actually refreshing. However, this man is so naïve that doesn’t see what’s going on right under his nose? You could have made him at least suspicious, or he could have even confronted Sigrid, to give her some kind of comeuppance. Then there is the scene where they fill him up and then have sex, as if they were trying to scorn him. Twice, to top it all off. That’s no way to treat somebody you at least claim to love and is actually cruel. I don’t know if you intentionally included the part, to show how far Sigrid and Marcus were actually willing to go or if were falling to the stupid white husband cliché.

Overall a somehow satisfying ending to an excellent story, I am sure to revisit many times.

Regards

H

PS: Is there any way in which we can somehow try to speed up the release of your other stories? Should we write to the moderator? Make an online petition? It would be a shame if those stories fell through the cracks.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Sigrid chose the cowardly path.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Bottled it...Utter cop out, undid much fine work... Take your pick.

Amiable69Amiable6917 days ago

Another excellent chapter. So well written. Thank you! Amy x

Harry_FlashmanHarry_Flashman17 days agoAuthor

Hi all, many thanks for the comments and I just want to say that I'm really enjoying writing and publishing my stories on here. This is an enjoyable hobby and a way for me to develop my creative writing skills. I knew this ending was different but didn't expect the number of comments that this generated in such a short period of time. Since you've all taken the time to read the story (and presumably the preceding parts), I will provide my rationale for ending the story this way and answer some of your points in the previous comments.

When I was writing the story, I realised that, no matter the ending, it was going to alienate a number of readers simply because of the way I had written all of the characters (they are all meant to be essentially good people). Obviously, Sigrid loses out the most in the end, giving up her marriage and life in Nordland and raising a baby on her own. But equally, Magnus and Marcus lose by having the love of their lives leave them and disappear. Arguably, Magnus loses out the most as his is unaware of the what Sigrid has done, but conversely, it was his initial actions that set the process in motion, back in Part 1. In terms of the parentage of the baby, which seems to be the big question, I deliberately wrote it in this way so that each of you could determine in your own minds whether the baby is black or white. In the end, it is more or less immaterial, as Sigrid has been forced to give up everything she had. Upon reflection, the only part that I would have changed would be to add a couple of lines that indicate that the reason her divorce is being expedited is so that Magnus can marry his new girlfriend (thus showing he has moved on with his life). Equally, I could have included a line whereby Sigrid sees a news article describing the recent business successes of Marcus. At the end of the day, this is still a learning experience for me and I'm still refining my creative style which is very different to what I do in real life.

@Anonymous (Manu) - many thanks for the comment and I'm glad that this story has provoked an emotional reaction, which should be the goal of all creative writing. Hopefully I've explained above who's baby it is.

@Rahulbhatnagaf - many thanks for the comment and although it is implied to be Marcus's child, as I've mentioned above, the parentage is left up to each of you to decide.

@AndrewMaster4 - thank you for your comment and feedback. As mentioned above, this ending was always going to be a challenging one to both write and read. In regards to not being specific about the parentage, I wanted to try something different in terms of an ending. It would have been very easy to write the baby as either black or white but this allows the readers to form their own opinion and decide in their own minds who was the father. Most people assume that Marcus is the baby, but I specifically wrote in the include Magnus having sex with Sigrid over the same period of time to highlight the possibility that he was the father. My editor did suggest that I consider writing another series in the future showing Sigrid a few years later and thus revealing the parentage. I'm still thinking about this and I certainly have enough other ideas to write about before potentially returning to Sigrid's story.

Hi @oxa4r5t - many thanks for the comments and I always appreciate the feedback. It was a bit rushed to an extent (mainly due to real life and a desire to explore other stories but also so that I didn't fall into too many tropes). Potentially I could have made another part that covers the following couple of months where Marcus returns to Nordland and they continue the affair. I'll take this point on board for when I'm planning my future series. Also, you're right, I could have expanded the scene where Marcus is having sex with Sigrid on her marital bed. I debated that whole section, including the interactions with Magnus and part about Marcus looking at the wedding photo on the wall. What I wanted to highlight was his drift from how he saw and treated Sigrid earlier in the series towards how they were both acting at the end with the affair starting to spiral out of control, i.e. them getting Magnus drunk. In terms of an email, I have received one but it has a different name to "oxa4r5t" - if this was you, could you please resend the email and just confirm it is you. Nonetheless, I will respond to the email request very shortly.

Hi @Anonymous (H) - As always, many thanks for your feedback and comments. I greatly appreciate them in order to improve my writing. In regards to ending the series, well all good things have to come to an end as they say. Sigrid was an interesting character to write but I didn't want it to devolve into too many tropes and cliches. I could have written her as a single flight attendant who travels the world having incredible sex (actually that might not be a bad idea for another series...) but my intent was to write something more complex and I hope that I have achieved that. In regards to the way that Magnus is treated, yes you're absolutely right - he did get the most unfair outcome with his wife suddenly leaving him out of the blue and disappearing. As I mentioned above, upon reflection I should have included some comments to explain how he moved on with his life. I'll make sure that I provide suitable closure for all characters in the future. In terms of how Sigrid and Marcus treated him at the end, the intent was not the cliche white husband nor was Sigrid meant to be the bored, unsatisfied wife nor Marcus the sex-crazed black man. I wanted to highlight the impacts of the decisions all the characters had on their lives - although this isn't real life, I wanted it to be realistic and realistically there are very few good outcomes from a situation like this. Hope this helps clarify my intent behind the ending. Once again, thanks for the feedback!

Hi @Anonymous - yes, Sigrid chose the coward's way out but she has to live with these decisions and as a single mother. This is one of the reasons why I'm hesitant to revisit her story because even though she is a good person, she has to live with the consequences of her actions, just like we all do. If I did a redemption story for her, that would undo some of those consequences.

Thanks everyone for the feedback - I'm sure it's not the last time I'm going to get so much robust feedback but I do appreciate it as it means you are reading my work.

JackJillHopeJackJillHope17 days ago

How much do condoms cost?

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

In my opinion, this ending is premature. You might have ended the story in the same way, but put in many more additional twists and turns before the ending to keep us on the edge. This way of ending is really a waste.. You had a very good setup, the readers are warmed up to all of the characters, Then, pufff.. The story vanished.. (Of course, all there are my opinions)

I hope at a future time you may revive sigird and continue her story --this time without magnus or marcus but with new characters around her. She has a new job and new life now, trying to make ends meet with her quickly growing son.

Harry_FlashmanHarry_Flashman14 days agoAuthor

Hi @JackJillHope - many thanks for the comment and yes, condoms are relatively cheap. However, for the story to progress to the conclusion, it did require the risk of a pregnancy with either of the men.

Hi @Anonymous - many thanks for the comment and feedback. In hindsight, I tend to agree that there is/was more scope for the story to be explored. My biggest concern was making the story too cliched in terms of the characters that are prevalent in a great many other stories I've read (and possibly I drifted toward in the ending nonetheless). What I am pleased to hear is that readers were emotionally invested in the characters which meant they were realistic and believable. This was one of my goals when I decided to start writing stories for the site. In terms of future Sigrid stories, I'm still undecided on this one, mainly because it potentially gives her a redemption story arc. Perhaps a compromise might be having her as a supporting character in another series, in the same way she briefly crosses paths with Astrid in Part 1. Nonetheless, many thanks for the feedback and I'm glad to see that you're enjoying my stories.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

"....My biggest concern was making the story too cliched in terms of the characters that are prevalent in a great many other stories I've read....."

Well, I mildly disagree. Well-used cliches strenghten, not weaken, the stories, and you do not seem to have a problem in using just the proper amount. Take sigird's falling for marcus, for example. Sigird did not enter into a relation with marcus because marcus is a better soulmate, a great intellectual etc but simply because marcus fucked her better. Their relationship had a very strong physical component which was lacking in sigird's relationship with her husband. Therefore, your choice of marcus as a black man makes perfect sense: A black man is a powerful cliche which evokes a very different emotional response in erotica readers compared to a white man.. In my opinion your story would not be so powerful if you had made marcus a white man.. On the other hand, yours is not a story whose first sentence is "I and my husband have always fantasized about black men".

So I think you definitely have an abundance of talent to make the story two or three times longer, with the same beginning and ending, without making it too cliched. Of course, for that you have to find new twists and turns to integrate into the fabric of the story.

Maybe you can do a reworking of this story in the (hopefully near) future. Many authors do that. As it stands now, this story is a wasted opportunity.

Continuation of the story is an another topic. I think sigird is a very powerful and well-crafted character and a supporting role for her is a waste. When marilyn montoe is on stage, all the lights must be on Mailyn Monroe. Also, I dont agree that a continuation will turn into a redemptive story.

Anyways, I immensely enjoy your stories, please keep writing them.

Harry_FlashmanHarry_Flashman5 days agoAuthor

Hi @Anonymous - thank you very much for your feedback and comments, it's always great to receive feedback and see that my stories are being enjoyed by readers on the site. In regards to the cliches, you make a good point. I do use a number of cliches in my stories; what I try to avoid is some of the more common cliches/tropes that appear in this genre, such as the wimpy white husband with no agency or the black man that is so well-endowed that women just throw themselves at him. Having said that, you're right, this is erotica and although I strive to make my stories realistic, they are not real life, so there will be a degree of cliche with most characters in order to advance the story.

In regards to Sigrid, I enjoyed writing her character as she was a good, but flawed, person that I am sure some people can relate to in real life. I honestly didn't expect her stories to generate the response that they did which probably curtailed some of my writing and plot choices. I do agree that she is too good a character to waste but if I do write about her again, it'll need to be something that can do her and her story justice. I've had any number of suggestions from readers about what to do with her ranging from she leads a lonely life with her baby, through to she reconnects with Marcus, through to Magnus and Marcus meet up to find her. Some of these are redemptive, others not so much (she's obviously going through a hard time alone in Wellington as a single mother so I don't know if I want to make it even worse for her!). My biggest issue with writing a continuation is that it would reveal the parentage of her son which I deliberately left ambiguous to allow readers to decide in their own minds as to who was the father. I will confess that I have jotted down some ideas about how I could continue her story in the future but I have several other stories that I'm keen to progress, including Astrid's one that I'm working on at the moment, before I could even consider returning to Sigrid.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments. I always appreciate the feedback and hope that you'll continue to enjoy my stories and writing into the future.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarry_Flashman@Harry_Flashman
87 Followers
Hi there, I've been reading the stories on this site for several years now and have only just recently decided to publish some of my own. Some of the work that I intend to publish are re-writes of earlier stories I’ve written but I will now tend to focus on creating new stori...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES