Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 03 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Gladia asked her, "When he finds out about your talents? About mine?"

Melia smiled, "I will tell him eventually and if he is as strong-willed as I think, you have had no luck in dissuading him from pursuing me."

Gladie stormed off into her home. Her daughter had a room at the inn, a small one, but she still helped her mother financially and she would need her support more as she got older. Still, it did not stop her trying to get Travious to break off the engagement every day for a year, to no avail.

Out of Training and into the Fight

Juna 24th 7114, Age of the Knights

The orc assassination squads were in place. They had located a place to hide and anyone who saw them would see various humans and elves from the rings they carried. The Squad leader listened to their champion over the crystal, "Stay away from Silent Falls. If the Goddess sees you, you could get struck down or captured. The mission would fail.

Monitor the two nearby villages and find out who is the new bride and groom, It will be one of them, they will be the new elven champion. Grummish has told me we need to kill them both on the wedding night in their sleep. Report back in person in 7 days on your success or don't report back at all."

The crystal shattered. They moved out but avoided Quatarsia's town center and used rings of improved invisibility to stake out the locations they wanted to monitor from. They had to wait for nightfall.

---

The Queen Mother was in her quarters with her long time lover, it was early yet and her hand-maiden saw a crystal vibrate and took it to the Queen Mother as it was not a crystal, but a pearl.

She sat bolt upright and answered the Pearl, "Queen?"

She sighed and responded, "Yes, I would like to meet with you in the conference room. Can you inform your guards to ignore the alarm when it goes off Queen Goldeagle."

She sighed, "I am the Queen Mother now, my son rules. After my husband passed and the losses that mounted in the war I decided my son was better suited. My health has not been the greatest since Brannar died in front of me in the Palace. I swear I can still smell the death that surrounded him. It was tragic to watch.

I am in my room, My handmaiden Cesilla will warn off any guards, letting them know it is an off-the-books visit from another royal and personal friend. I will secure the room when you arrive, give me a few minutes here. It is early."

The Queen put her robe on while her Cesilla got dressed and informed the hall guards. Lady Silver hair and 6 other silver Dragons along with Lady Amy Tryst appeared in her room. She immediately sealed it. She walked over and hugged the two Queens, "It has been a long time to see both of you! I thought you went with the land or had been killed."

Lady Silver Hair shook her head, "There are some who stayed behind and have been living in hiding. Breeding more dragons for the day of the return of the Dragon lands. I am here to find out about your new champion.

I got direction from Bahummut to not go with the lands, that I needed to be here to work getting forces together for the return. He wants your champion to play a part in this if he is willing. I was hoping you could arrange a meeting with him. Also to find out if you might have room for us for a few nights."

The Queen Mother smiled, "Absolutely to staying a few nights. My son is planning to go to the Champion's wedding tonight in fact. He could pass along a message that I would like to see him. If the God of the Metallic dragons has an interest in him, then I would be interested to hear all about this.

His mother was Silver Silvertree and she became the Mother of Paladins. She started a Paladin order for our gods and her son is the Knight Paladin, Champion of Corellon Larethian.

The Silver Queen seemed surprised, "An Elven Paladin order? They differ from your Blade Singers?"

The Queen Mother nodded, "For lack of a better term, more ruthless and hard-charging. Full plate, acrobatics, and 80-90 years of training starting at the age of 15-25. They are trained to be uncompromising toward the enemy. The last 30 was for training 2 others who are turned over to the Gray Blades trainers until they are adults.

They had to remain celibate during this entire training time and have to marry by 106. I don't have their code in front of me but it is 40 items long with some having multiple parts. They are designed as an offensive force from what I hear. I read that code once and was shocked by it.

Corellon Larethian wants them to go after the enemies of the gods and pursue them until they are dead and pushed away from our people. Not reactive like our Blade Singers. He is the first and it will be interesting to truly see how they differ.

Cerissa please be subtle and get all 8 women into guest quarters in the wing on the fourth floor near that conference room for now. I don't want their presence known. She bowed to the Queen Mother, "I will arrange it and take care of any food deliveries there myself and search for any poison of course. Diplomacy stones on all rooms."

The Queen Mother smiled, "Thank you Cerissa, as always you are there for me. Ladies I will let her get you settled and I will get cleaned up to start my day. Cerissa, pass this note to my son the King on this matter."

She bowed and took the ladies up a back staircase to the fourth-floor diplomatic wing. She smiled as she got all of them settled. Cerissa was pleased to see that the Queen was happy to see some old friends had not died.

---

A few hours before midnight, Travious had his apprentices packed up to move to the barracks. He shook their hands. "You both have done well, keep up on your studies and praying while learning what they can teach you."

They gave him manly nods and headed for the door. He rode out with them to the edge of town. He stopped at the inn and walked in and saw Melia Silver Wind pacing.

He walked up behind her, "What are you thinking about?"

She turned around and looked at him in her wedding dress given to her reluctantly by her mother and who refused to go to the wedding herself, "Marrying you. This multiple wives thing."

He sighed, "You are overthinking things. We will see how things go after we are married. If I am wearing you down that is one thing. That happened to my grandfather. He was destined to only marry pairs of sisters. If you feel that you could not go a day, months, or years without a lover's touch. That is another issue."

He asked her, "You ready to go?"

She looked at him, "Where would we go? We still have a few hours to go. I think if we add more wives, I would like one to stay with me when you travel."

He smiled, "Somewhere other than here. We will see on the multiple wives. I know it turned you on that night that I showed it to you."

She smiled, "I will grab that bag you gave me. Did you ever look in it?"

He shook his head, "It belonged to my mother."

She smiled, "She had a book and sex toys in them with a very short journal. They were not married long before he died. Based on the dates. This described her take on their activities. She said your grandfather was a wise man about what he put in his book. Do you know what that means?"

He nodded as he got on his horse and pulled her up. "Yes, it is a chapter at the end of an ongoing journal about the right way to deflower a virgin and advice on trying everything twice to know if you like it or not. He said twice in case you screwed something up the first time in the process. I think he was trying to be funny but my father left it in when he transcribed it."

She nodded, "Your mother sure did! From what I heard she never showed any interest in another man or woman."

He nodded, "No moaning or groaning. Occasional crying but not the sounds from my Aunt's room."

She nodded, "There were no entries in here after he died." They pulled up to the tack shop. He reached down and the guy handed Travious his package. She looked at Travious, "What are you doing?"

Travious smiled, "I had this saddle cleaned up. It belonged to one of my Aunts or Uncles who died with that lich. My mother left with it.

It was returned when they brought her home. It is enchanted to protect against normal missiles. My grandfather's idea. To save the horse from a wayward arrow. Protects you when you are on it. I have my father's saddle."

She nodded, "We are out here for a horse."

Travious smiled, "An Elven warhorse, four to be exact. This one is going out to stud. This is his last task for us. To pick my replacement and your first two."

Melia nodded, "If you say so."

He stopped, "Treka I need a new stud that is ready for combat, my training days are over. Powerful, will have my back and not afraid to engage the enemy. Fast, impressive jumper as close to T'sarus as you can find but suited to me and my style of combat. Then a mare with a similar temperament.

My lady needs two mares that are protectors, can help as she adjusts to riding such fine creatures. Mild temper to her, a killer instinct to any who would harm her. Willing to act as her protectors."

They rode toward the yard and he saw it and looked, "A Shadow Stallion with a double crescent in the center of its chest."

She looked at him, "Your horse is picking these out?"

He nodded. He got down and undid his saddle, blanket, and reigns. "Treka thank you. To the pasture to live out your days!"

The horse ran off and she looked, "How will it get in?"

He smiled, "He will jump the fence. They all can. It just lets them know where we want them."

She looked at him, "I have lived here for years and never heard of this."

He smiled, "It is mainly known by the Blades, Knights, and the Military. They do not survive well away from elves. It has been tried by a couple of humans. That is one of the reasons we always give them two. They feed energy off of each other."

He gave her a piece of parchment, "Those are the commands it knows. They understand common but do not respond to it often. Notice the instructions below that. That is how you make your bargain. Your agreement with them. It is a partnership."

She read through it. He stepped inside, "Shi'Drakon (Shadow Knight)." He walked through the ritual with all of the promises that went with it. He got mounted up "Shi'Drakon biana (Forward)." He rode out to the middle of the field and turned. "Shi'Drakon Biatus Evanill Aisiaon (Run like the wind)."

They closed the distance much faster than he expected. "Shi'Drakon YESA (Jump)!" They sailed over the fence and halfway into the road. "Shi'Drakon VITA (Stop)!" They did half a turn and came to a dead stop.

Melia looked on in shock, "I do not think they could build a fence to keep him in."

He got down and walked over "Shi'Drakon Unta (Come)."

He walked over to the fence and Travious watched her finish up the first one and he got the gate for her. She smiled, "They are beautiful."

Melia has a pair of pure black mares. She named hers Fromira and Grinta which meant Starless Night and Black as Night.

He smiled, "Straka (Comet)." He made the same promises but only put reins on his mare.

She was gray with a streak of white that was wide under the neck. It got thinner going down both sides toward the back legs." He slid back to the other side of the fence "Straka UNTA YESA." The mare circled back and got up a head of steam and jumped the fence. Then she walked over to him. He looked at Melia who finished with her second horse.

He got the gate for her again, "Alright, I am suitably impressed."

He smiled as he closed the gate. He mounted up. "Shi'Drakon Biana. Straka Unta." They rode along as she followed along, "Shi'Drakon Straka Quali vinas (trust my lover)."

She smiled, "Why that one?"

He looked back, "So they do not 'accidentally' kick, bite, or stomp on you. It also allows you to bring them home if I am unconscious or I have to teleport away and you need to take them to the house. They also know it is safe to eat food from you."

She followed suit and commented, "T'sarus has a painting up on the wall in the inn."

He nodded, "Drawn after he was put to pasture with a few hundred mares."

Travious smiled, "Just so you know this big guy is going to fuck those mares like crazy."

She laughed, "Hope he is not the only stud that is up for that tonight."

He laughed, "Be careful what you asked for."

They stopped by the house, "Straka vita graze."

She looked over, "Formitar vita graze."

---

Juna 25th 7114, Age of the Knights

They rode out to the falls and had a bigger crowd than expected as word seemed to have spread. Travious yelled out, "Let me guess. Eagle-eye?!"

There was a round of laughter and she turned red. He saw Hunter standing next to his Aunt. He stood next to one of his former Apprentices, Golden Bow. Hunter looked at the kid, "PAY UP!"

Hunter looked at Travious, "I told him you would come in on that horse!"

That got a few laughs, "Just like your Grandfather. Double Crescents."

He pulled up "Shi'Drakon Vita."

Tranosa nodded, "GOOD horse name!" Tranosa was a good man, the Gray Blade General of Training who needed to get laid as he had not remarried after losing Keyno. He lost an eye the day his grandfather died and had it regenerated almost a year after the fact. Tranosa missed many of his comrades who had fallen.

Dutchess Zaria looked around, "His Majesty, King Jarivus Goldeagle."

He turned around and took a knee as did Melia. He had an honor guard of Moon Blade Holders. He thought, "Karti'Ros are all the Moon Blades here?"

The sword responds, "Yes, Knight Paladin."

King Goldeagle looked at all of them, "Please stand. My mother told me how she snuck out here for the ceremony and the wedding of my cousin."

Travious looked at him, "You do realize this is the first time since that night that all the blades have been in the same place, Your Majesty?"

He looked around and said, "I did not realize this."

He heard the voice of the Lady of Dreams, "I am coming."

He called out, "Doc, you want to have everyone take a knee for the Lady of Dreams!"

Doc turned and saw the light, "Everyone please take a knee for the Lady of Dreams."

He turned and took a knee again as did his bride. The Lady of Dreams called out, "Please stand."

They all did as she asked. He saw the King also standing. Travious looked at the King, "Somethings are not a coincidence, Your Majesty."

He nodded. She called to them, "Travious and Melia step to me please."

Doc stepped aside. Travious stepped out onto the water with her and walked out to the Lady of Dreams. Around them formed the white mist he had heard so much about. She looked at them, "You have completed a very important milestone. You have set a standard that will be near impossible to compete with but others will make it. Three of the four of them will make it through the training. That is not what I am here about."

She held out her hand. He pulled the seven rings that belonged to his Grandfather. She looked at Melia, "I know your concerns. These seven made it work; to a point. I want to avoid some problems your Grandfather had. Your mother's idea for the amulet was well thought out. Given how your Great Aunt, mother, and father died."

She looked at Melia, "He will have you in his heart even when he is gone a long time. You will want to find comfort. Both of you. You want to stay true to your vows. Melia, you must decide as his first and guardian of the children. Do you want him to have another wife? You want someone to keep you company when he is away. I know your dreams so do not be surprised."

Melia giggled, "I would like to have company while he is gone. I had never considered relations with another woman until I saw it first hand in Dutchess Zaria's bedroom."

She nodded, "You will need to ensure you always have a lover and partner in battle. The only way to ensure both, not counting a death, is if you have three wives. You will not be able to handle him yourself. Not without wearing yourself out and wishing him on a mission every 3 days."

Melia asked, "How do you keep them from being with child at the same time?"

She smiled, "There is one way. He would have to marry the second and third wives at least a year apart. Two would be better to allow for breastfeeding. To ensure one will always be with him while the other was giving birth."

Travious looked at Melia, "I want you happy."

Melia nodded, "But we would be forcing a mother back to the field."

Travious looked at her, "It is part of the agreement if we add a wife. I am still not sold on the idea that it is needed. They know they will have to return to the field as you watch over the children. Just like you, they would know upfront what they are agreeing to."

Melia nodded, "I think we should set it up for the possibility of three wives."

He shook his head, "I think we leave the door open for it but we do not settle on that number until the time is right. This is not the time to talk about other potential future wives. This is our night."

The Lady of Dreams looked at him, "This is your night. I will set it up so you have what you need if you or more correctly when you decide on 3 wives. Your second wife has to be with the champion first and you second. When you add a third you can alternate them. One wife has to always be with him in the field. There may be times when he will need both in the field with him."

Melia looked at her, "What if I choose to take on that role in the future?"

She smiled, "He would have to marry a new first wife to take over your role but your skills are not well suited to the battlefield. We do not see that as your destiny. Even with those skills you have hidden or have yet to discover. But the choice would be yours. It is possible to have another take over as the caretaker. However, it would always remain your responsibility first."

He looked at the Lady of Dreams, "Until the first children are born, she can travel with me."

She sighed and nodded, "True. I will set you up to support three wives. I worry about setting you up with more than that because of the issues your grandfather had with so many children. You have read your mother's notes on that and I know that is a concern for you Knight Paladin.

We debated long and hard on stopping it at 3 wives. While I am recommending that you have three. If the time arises where a fourth or fifth is needed then your wife's ring will divide out and create the new one. The responsibility falls to you as his first regardless of your desires once children are born. The more wives you have the more death will follow them.

You are fated to have many wives and some will likely die before bearing children. Do not rush it. That will eat at you so be very cautious before adding wives. The other wives will not be like you. He does not need two of you. He loves you because you are unique. You are a nurturer and when he showed you the code at 50 your mind started thinking about those things.

Then he showed it to you a year ago. Your mind has been running rampant since then. He will be the only man any of you will ever need or want. You are lucky and a great choice for a first. In that regard, he is the Gods' gift to elven women for you and the other wives."

Melia blushed and smiled. She looked at Travious, "Do not give her a hard time about her innermost thoughts. I know your family's sense of humor. I also know I need not worry about it between you two."

He smiled and nodded at her. She closed her hand over the rings, there were now three bands with the double crescent for the ladies and one for him. "When you lose a wife, you will know and which one.

Each star will be to a separated wife. Melia's star is inside the band. The others will be visible on the outside. You will feel if something happened to her or another wife. She will feel it as well as the first wife."