So Crime Doesn't Pay After All Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Having 'officially' reminded Madeline that the interview was now being tapped again, Sharon showed her the videos. Maguire's face drained fully of ALL colour, he now knew the game was up, and by now he'd read Anita's statement regarding this 'assault' by his client, and KNEW she was FULLY guilty. Sure, he still kept up the pretence, Madeline was paying him for precisely that, but it was obvious that his heart wasn't fully in it anymore.

A committal hearing in front of the local magistrate was arranged, bail would be discussed and possibly set then, and Madeline was to remain in Police custody until that point. Then Maguire left, with Sharon elated that he now seemed resigned to defeat in court.

A similar situation occurred when Manningham was also interviewed, the 'wired' evidence from Anita's last visit convincing his solicitor, Mr Gordon Verity, that his client may not be able to wriggle out of this one. Not that he admitted it publicly, of course. He too left shortly afterwards, with the jubilant Sharon buying the first 'round' for her team in the nearby pub not long afterwards.

The very next day at the committal hearing the local magistrates obviously referred this case to the full Crown Court. Both Madeline and Manningham were granted bail, but especially in her case, strict conditions were set. Particularly regarding the Watson family and Anita. NO contact with her was allowed for Madeline, and no legal action could be taken in regard to evicting them from their home. Incidentally, a 'mysterious benefactor,' which just happened to be Celia Postlethwaite, had completely cleared the rent arrears owed by the family to their erstwhile landlady.

Oh, and she now had the task of finding a new cook. Obviously, Olivia had left her 'position' in Madeline's service. Having recently received a considerable sum of money and a place to live from her mother's recent death and will, she quite fancied setting up her own business as a restaurateur. She'd always declined the chance before, because although her skills in the kitchen were utterly sublime, she had NO head for business. However, her bright new partner in the venture, whose 'A' level results had come through with outstanding passes in all subjects, clearly DID possess the necessary attributes on that score. Well, that solved a problem for Anita too, and she was delighted to 'join forces' with her good friend.

It was over two months before the case was to be heard in the Crown Court, two months that seemed SO different for Anita after her ordeal in Madeline's hands and power. But things were extremely busy at Olivia's and her own new venture, situations that Olivia herself would have faced difficulty in addressing alone, proving no problem at all for her young partner. And so, the Grand Opening night arrived, and went far better than either of them had expected or even dreamed to hope for. 'Nitaliv's Food Adventures' had got off to REAL flyer. Although, funnily enough, neither Madeline Fortesque nor Sir Archibald Manningham numbered among the customers on that first night!

Finally, the trial of these two was due to begin. And, with the pair of them being such prominent figures the 'press' were out in force. Paparazzi were EVERYWHERE as Anita and her parents entered the Court House. Anita's response to the barrage of questions thrown her way, "let justice be done and let's see what happens in here." Inside the first person she met was Sharon, who was clearly experienced in court and criminal proceedings. They hugged tightly, and Sharon told her to never forget the courage that she had already shown. As they were due to give evidence, neither of them would be present in the Court itself when the accused pair were led to the dock.

Once the Judge, Lord Justice Gerald Scott Teague, had entered and taken his seat, events began. The Court Usher first addressed Madeline. "Mrs Madeline Amelia Fortesque, you are charged that on the 5th of May 2023, you did willingly rape Miss Anita Danielle Watson, forcing yourself onto her in a sexual manner without her express consent. How do you plead, guilty or not guilty?"

Madeline's strident voice rang out around the room. "Not Guilty!" As it did when all of the other charges, relating to prostitution, and selling Anita's body to clients for sex, were put to her.

GAME ON!

Manningham also pleaded 'Not Guilty' to all of the charges laid at his door, which also included the rape of Anita at his place of residence. It was time to begin. Both the prosecution and two defence barristers gave their opening speeches, outlying what they were hoping to convince the members of the jury was the undeniable truth of this case. Time for witnesses to be called. As normal, the prosecution would 'go' first.

The call went out in the court room, "call Detective Chief Inspector Sharon Greenhouse!" Sharon duly entered in the packed Court, dressed immaculately, and purposely strode to the 'witness box,' where she took the bible in one hand, despite the fact that she was NOT a practising Christian, and in a clear voice made the standard oath.

Mr Cuthbert James Deignsbrough K.C. rose to his feet. "You are Detective Chief Inspector Sharon Jane Greenhouse, of the Criminal Investigation Department at Westingleigh Police Station?" (A completely fictional town, btw)

"Yes, Sir. I am."

"Could you describe to the Court the visit at said Station that you received on the morning of the 6th of May, this year of 2023. By whom were you visited and what was the nature of their complaint?"

In a cool, competent manner Sharon went on to describe how Olivia had first contacted her, introduced her to Anita, both of whom reported Madeline's rape of the young lady. Deignsbrough gently questioned Sharon about Madeline's business dealings regarding Anita with Manningham, Celia Postlethwaite and Gerhard Schneider, detailing how all of these had made 'payments' to Fortesque for Anita's 'services.'

Neither Mr Winston Jameson K.C. representing Madeline, or Mr Frederick Larner K.C. who was Manningham's 'brief,' asked many questions of their own to the experienced and highly skilled Police Officer. And neither achieved anything for their respective clients out of the questioning they DID employ, just as neither had expected to.

Next into the witness box was Anita herself. She too was calm and collected while Deignsbrough made the case for the prosecution. The jury listened as Anita described how her parent's rent arrears had led to her becoming 'employed' by Madeline, how the 'terms' of said employment became somewhat altered once she'd started living at her 'employer's' address. And then, having been raped by Madeline, how she'd been blackmailed into having sex with Sir Archibald Manningham, Gerhard Schneider and Celia Postlethwaite. All of whom had paid Madeline Fortesque for the 'privilege.' Although, upon Sharon's guidance Anita DID omit to state that Celia HAD offered to not have sex with her, and that it had been ANITA herself who had initiated that!

Anita managed, to a highly commendable degree, keep her composure while Jameson and Larner cross-examined her. But Larner did achieve a 'little' victory, one that Sharon KNEW would possibly mean that the fat, ugly male might well evade a conviction for rape itself. Because the wily old barrister DID extract an answer from Anita that she'd NEVER actually said the word 'NO' to his client. And of course, like the best lawyers do, he never allowed Anita to put that question and answer into any form of context, he refused her the opportunity to explain that she'd never actually been asked if she consented, for example.

Nevertheless, Sharon was delighted with the way that Anita had held herself together, yes he might now worm his way out of one of the charges against him, but he'd almost certainly be convicted of the others. And more to the point, Madeline's lawyer had made NO progress in his attempts to discredit Anita in any way. Which she pointed out fully when Anita had apologised to her for having been tricked into that answer. "Anyway, it's HER I really want, and I think we'll find he won't have things his own way. We'll still get him for the other charges, and that's when you'll get REAL justice against him, don't worry. For it will result in him losing his Knighthood, and THAT will REALLY hurt the pig, please believe me!"

A smile returned to Anita's face, for she did believe the Chief Inspector on this one.

After the lunch break other witnesses for the prosecution were called forward, Miss Celia Postlethwaite, Herr Gerhard Schneider and a few of Madeline's previous 'victims' who had all contacted Sharon once they'd become aware of the arrest of their former 'Mistress.' Naturally Madeline's barrister had attempted to pull their evidence apart, but basically had failed. Because all DID speak the truth and the WHOLE truth. It was quite clear that the jury believed most, if not all, of what they said, although Jameson DID manage to make a point of both Celia and Gerhard being offered immunity, 'ratting' on their former 'business partner' as it were. But it was clear to Sharon as she confided in Anita at the end of the day, that things were going VERY well.

As Anita turned to leave suddenly the German approached her. "Fräulein Watson, may I apologise to you for what I did, and say how impressed I was by how you have conducted yourself?"

"Thank you, Herr Schneider. Although I will admit that I did actually quite enjoy my time with you. Perhaps under different circumstances... Oh, and less of the Fräulein Watson, if you please, I'd like you to call me Anita."

"Certainly Anita. And please call me Gerhard. I wonder if you'd like to dine with me tonight? The hotel I'm staying in has an excellent restaurant."

"Thank you, Gerhard, that would be delightful. And tell me, does the bed in said hotel room have solid bed frames to tie somebody to?"

"Ach, you don't 'muck about' as you English say! Are you looking for a repeat?"

"Yes Mein Herr, but with one BIG difference. This time it will be YOU tied to the bed and helpless in MY hands! Up for it?"

A huge smile appeared across his lips "JAWOHL! VERY much 'up for it' Anita!" And the bulge that was rapidly appearing in his 'nether' region rather demonstrated that those were NOT empty words! It was just the outcome he'd hoped for!

In the end Anita and Gerhard hadn't even bothered to visit the restaurant, disappearing straight into his room. "STRIP!" Herr Schneider obeyed without hesitation. "ON THE BED!" Another compliance. "SPREAD YOURSELF OUT! NOW!"

"You want this don't you?" Anita smiled at her potential prisoner.

"Ja, more THAN anything. That previous time, you set a spark raging throughout my whole form, I've dreamed of being in your power since then. You have a certain 'something' Fräulein, that I can't describe in words, only feel."

"Well, I'd better not let you down then, had I?" Looping his left wrist with a silk bondage tie, like most items that she'd bought into that room, a gift from Celia. Quickly she moved the arm to the corner bedpost, and secured it firmly to that, with a lovely 'snap' sound. Soon she had her German captive completely fastened to the bed and completely under HER control.

"Now then, Mein Herr, last time we met I was YOURS. But now things are different, are they not? How is the 'arrangement' between us now?"

"I belong to you Mistress Anita! Please, punish me FULLY for last time!"

"Oh no Gerhard, you actually pleased me last time. So, I want to bring you pleasure, not pain."

"But don't you see Anita? By PUNISHING me you WILL bring me pleasure! Please, promise me that I'll be shown NO mercy whatsoever!"

"Believe me, I've NO intention of showing you ANY of that, be assured there. YOU ARE MINE NOW! Until I decide otherwise and make NO mistake that won't be for some time yet, you no longer live. You simply exist, with NO purpose in said existence other than providing me, your supreme Mistress, with SEX! SEX! and yet more SEX!"

Anita now climbed onto the bed, laying herself down on her captive's form, smiling as she held her head and lips just out of reach of her prisoner's own. "Ready Mein Herr? I was thinking of blindfolding you and I still might, but for our first 'shag' I WANT you to be able to see the look of pure lust on my face. For, as I suggested earlier, to me you are just an object now, a machine without any feelings, here to bring me pleasure and with NO other purpose at all." Please bear in mind that Anita wasn't being deliberately cruel here, she sensed, correctly, that all of this talk was turning the German on, REALLY turning him on!

Then her lips 'assaulted' his as she slipped his rampant cock inside her soaking wet pussy and the night's proceedings began!

It was well over two hours of full sexual action that had passed before Miss Watson released Herr Schneider from his bonds. But both of them now possessed MASSIVE smiles upon their respective faces, those hours had been totally dominated by lustful emotions and 'full on' shagging. "Wow Anita, you are absolutely sensational! This evening has been the most exciting and exhilarating night of my entire life!"

"You know Gerhard, I quite enjoyed myself too." For Anita had given everything she had into this sex session, despite whatever evil Madeline Fortesque had inflicted upon her, it had also resulted in a positive sense for her too, it had fully ignited her sexual desires and ambitions. This had been two hours of REAL quality sex, her promise to the German to subject him to an evening full of such activity had well and truly been fulfilled, by the end of it the sweat had poured off of the pair of them. Gerhard had been able to see his captor as she subjected him to the first couple of shags, but then Anita decided he'd seen enough and on went the blindfold. Climax after climax arrived for both participants before with exhaustion beginning to raise its ugly head, Anita had finally called a halt. Once released Gerhard thanked Anita profusely, before she slipped out of the hotel and went home. She needed to be in Court tomorrow, the prosecution case had concluded, and she wanted to be present when her former tormentor tried to defend her actions.

So, slightly shattered after the exertions of the previous evening, Anita took her place in the public gallery as Madeline Fortesque took the stand and made the standard oath. To be joined by a certain senior female Police Officer, who sat in the adjacent seat. "Let's see just how she tries to justify her treatment of you, shall we?" Sharon smiled, this case was going VERY well, and, just what could Madeline say in an attempt to exonerate herself? "And it rather appears that your 'meal' with Herr Schneider didn't feature much in the manner of food. Am I right?"

"Yes Sharon, Gerhard and I shared a bed rather than a table, I'll be honest with you. Although he found himself a little, how shall I put it, 'confined' to the furniture!"

"Good for you, nothing like a bit of 'femdom' to brighten the spirits, is there? Are you going to see him again?"

"No, it was a GREAT night I'll readily admit, but as far as I was concerned it was just a 'one night stand.' And to be fair Gerhard has completely accepted that. He'll be going back to Germany soon and my future is here with Olivia's and my restaurant business.

Meanwhile Madeline was NOT enjoying her 'day in court.' Obviously when questioned by her own barrister, Jameson asked her gentle queries that tried to suggest her innocence, but under cross-examination by Deignsbrough her confidence soon disappeared as he ripped her case for the defence apart. This case was going only ONE way, Sharon and Anita enjoyed a mutual cuddle as the shaken Madeline stepped down from the witness box, fully knowing that she was going to be found guilty by now.

Manningham also endured a torrid time as he gave evidence, although his barrister was able to make use of Anita's admission that she had never uttered the word 'NO' to him during their 'time' together. Sharon now knew he'd 'get away' with the rape charge, but Deignsbrough almost ensured he'd be found guilty of the other indictments against him.

By lunchtime the case for the defence, weak as it was, had finished. After concluding statements from the prosecution and both defence lawyers and the Judge had issued his summing up, the jury retired. Sharon and Anita took hold of each other's hand as they waited for the verdict to be delivered. How long would the jury need?

Not long at all as it proved, just before the scheduled end of the day the signal came through that a verdict had been achieved. The jurors re-entered the court and the one they'd elected themselves to be 'Foreman' stood ready to inform the court as to the result of their deliberations.

By now Sharon's protégé, Detective Constable Claire Nichols, had joined the pair of them, as the Jury Foreman uttered one word, 'GUILTY,' when each of the indictments against Madeline Fortesque was read out by the Court Usher.

The same word was also loud and clearly spoken as the indictments against Sir Archibald Manningham were issued by the same Usher, except one. When asked, "do the jury find the defendant, Sir Archibald Terence Manningham guilty or not guilty of the alleged rape of Miss Anita Danielle Watson?" the Jury Foreman actually broke the rules of court protocol, and issued what was a short speech. "Your Honour, despite guilt being the gut feeling of all twelve of us, we have to accept that this charge has not been proven beyond doubt, so we feel that we have NO choice but to find the defendant not guilty of this charge."

This earned the Foreman a rebuke by Lord Justice Teague. "Mr Foreman, all that you are required to say is either the word 'guilty' or 'not guilty.' You are NOT required, or even permitted to say any more than that, and I could find you in contempt of Court. You will apologise to Sir Archibald for that statement, one that casts aspersions on his character. For, as the law requires, you have found the case against him with regard to this particular charge not proven, and therefore he is, as you have correctly decided, not guilty."

"Yes, Your Honour." Turning to face Manningham. "Sir Archibald, I apologise unreservedly for my slur against your character. As His Lordship has stated, you have been cleared of that alleged crime, and I should not have made suggestions that you did, in fact, commit it."

Manningham rose to his feet in a fully indignant mood. "Not good enough, I do NOT accept this pathetic attempt at an apology! I'll be instigating legal proceedings."

His turn to receive the wrath of the Judge. "I suggest that you do no such thing! Mr Foreman, I accept your gracious apology, you will NOT face any contempt action now. As for you Sir Archibald I rather suspect that you have more serious matters to consider. While you have been deemed 'not guilty' in respect to ONE of the charges against you, guilt HAS been established with regard to all of the others. As it is so late in the day, I shall postpone sentencing for these crimes until tomorrow, but you are VERY likely, almost certain in fact, to be receiving a custodial sentence. And that's not all. By committing and being convicted of these crimes, you have conducted yourself in a manner most contrary as to how a 'Knight of the Realm' should behave. Therefore, I shall be contacting the Royal Commission, with a view to thoroughly recommending that you be stripped of your Knighthood." Sharon almost lost control of herself with this judgement, just stopping herself in time from calling out in ecstasy. Finally settling for whispering "told you so," in the equally delighted Anita's ear.

Lord Justice Teague hadn't quite finished. "I should imagine that the Carlton Club will no doubt be reconsidering your continued membership of their organisation after news of your conviction reaches them too." He now turned his attentions to Madeline. "As for you Madeline Amelia Fortesque, you have been proven to be callous, manipulative and, to be totally honest, evil. You too will CERTAINLY receive a custodial sentence, and it WILL be lengthy. Be in NO doubt about that! TAKE THEM DOWN!" As they turned away to be led to the cells, Madeline looked up to the public gallery, and her eyes made contact with Anita's. One pair had a look of total despair within, the other complete triumph. I'm sure that you can ALL work out just whose was whose!

123456...9