Spellbound Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wow. You can actually be nice," Jill teased with a smirk.

"Jill, hush," Esmeralda said, with a laughing smile on her face as Adam buried his nose back into the book in his hands.

"Hey, let me see," Jill said, bending over the back of the couch. Her cheek brushed against his, only to have her arm keeping him in place when her breasts rested on his shoulder. "What, it's my heritage too, you know," she said, in a cute little voice, yet the moment her eyes fell upon the pages, she couldn't make out a single word. "Can you even read any of it?"

"Most of it," Adam nodded. He's read enough of the old text in his Master's study to pick up on the old language.

"How about I whip up an early dinner for us, given I know you, young man, haven't eaten yet, have you?" Esmeralda spoke; a triumphant smile appeared on her lips when Adam's stomach rumbled. "I know you probably have dozens of other things you need to do, but you can stay long enough to have a meal with us," she said, in that grandmotherly tone we all know.

"Yes, Grandma," Adam said, biting down his sigh.

"Then I'm staying; you can help me while it cooks, won't you brother?" Jill uttered, backing her brother into a corner with no escape.

"I'll put on a roast," Esmeralda said, in a chipper voice as she patted her husband's leg.

"Before that..." Ignoring how Jill's breasts felt on his shoulder as he leaned forward, listening to their gasp, namely Jill's, as he magically willed the five hundred gold coins to tumble through the air to stack neatly in stacks of fifty on the table. "Wish you would have said something, I would have helped," Adam said, looking at his grandparents as they stared in shock at the columns of gold before their eyes. "I know Jill has already helped you pay for a new roof, so use this to make repairs and whatever else the house needs." Placing his grandfather's codex into his bag and tying the coin purse closed so none would spill out on the way to his other grandparents' house.

"Adam, what in the world are you doing with so much gold?!" Otto exclaimed, mystified at the sight.

"Was headed to an enchanter's shop after I left here to have my staff enchanted," Adam said, truthfully.

"Wait. You have a staff?!" Esmeralda gasped. She didn't think he had advanced that far in his apprenticeship with the Sage.

"I just finished my journeyman test when I got to the city."

"That's wonderful news!" Esmeralda said happily, with Otto nodding along in a proud grandfatherly nod. "Does your mother know?" She saw the hardness of his eyes at the mention of his mother. That told her that Amanda didn't know and most likely didn't know her son was in the city. "I'll go get dinner started," Esmeralda stated, kissing Otto on his cheek before she rose to her feet. She knew bringing up what was on her mind wouldn't do her any good. So she let sleeping dogs lie; for now, she just hoped they could heal their relationship before they pass on.

"So... how about you show me how to ride a broom and give me some pointers on what I'm to expect in my first month there," Jill said, tugging on the sleeve of his shirt, causing her breasts to sway a little as she did.

"No more than four feet off the ground," Otto said sternly, from over the top of his newspaper as he returned to his reading. "I don't want you hurting yourself, Jill. Broom flying can be... lethal."

"Yes, Grandpa," Jill said, "come on, show me."

"You two be safe, no sending anyone into another dimension," Esmeralda teased as Jill and Adam walked through the kitchen towards the back door that led to the backyard.

"Aw, you take all the fun out of it, Grandma," Jill retorted before disappearing out the door.

Flashes of his childhood played out before his eyes as he looked around, remembering how lonely it was sometimes growing up. Looking over and down as Jill set her bag on one of the chairs their grandmother uses as patio furniture before she took hold of his hand and pulled him down the steps.

"This won't work without a broom," Jill stated, glancing over at Adam with a smile on her lips.

"First, you aren't leaving the ground until you can demonstrate your control over the magjols in the air," Adam stated, repeating the same words his own grandfather, Frank, had said to him when he taught him how to ride.

"How?" Jill knew it was possible; all her textbooks hinted that it was possible, yet no one would show her or knew how to teach her that.

"Follow," Adam said, walking off towards the band of trees that served as a buffer between his grandparents and their neighbors. Snapping a green twig off and handing it to Jill, who looked at him confused. "I would hope by now you're able to sense the magjols in the air, yes?" he spoke in a playful tone.

"Yes, that's something all kids are taught to do," Jill stated, clearly not pleased that he thought she was dull-witted.

"True, but did you ever take it further?" Adam asked, with a knowing look.

"Wait, what do you mean take a common skill like mana sensing further?" Jill uttered, downright confused.

"Watch," Adam directed reaching up, and wrapping his hand around the branch he had damaged while encircling the stub of the wound with his thumb and index finger.

Jill just stared at her brother with a 'Really' look as nothing happened for two minutes until the wind began to increase. Her eyes darted around and up as the trees swayed overhead. Something in her mind perked when she sensed something odd about the flow of magjols in the air. Lowering her eyes, gasping when a pale blue light began to manifest at the tip of the stub. Jill watched in confused awe as that broken branch began to grow and grow and grow until it reached the length it once was.

"How... how did you do that without a spell?" Jill muttered, stupefied.

"I used a spell; I just didn't speak it. What? I happen to know some basic plant spells," Adam said, seeing the look on his sister's face like she wanted to hear more. "Anyone can do that; no one said you specifically need to be the one on where the magjols come from."

"I didn't take you for the horticulturist," Jill joked.

"Well, my grandmother has always been sick, and her plants were what kept her going, so I learned some things to help her out whenever I was home from school," Adam said, lowering his hand to the side. "It's fine," he uttered, holding up his hand when Jill began to speak.

"So then... does that mean any spell could be powered like that?" Jill asked, coming to the realization of the purpose of the branch, in her hand, truly meant.

"If given enough time, yes," Adam nodded. "It's a technique I'd advise you to master before you reach your journeyman test. It can be helpful in a battle simulation."

"Have you had many of those?" Jill asked, taking what he had said seriously when he nodded. Knowing if she could use her own and what was in the air around her, she could boost her magjol count to the range of the higher nobility. If she had to defend herself, that is.

******

Esmeralda smiled as she stared out the window, watching her two grandchildren. She understood why Adam favored his other set of grandparents. She understood his resentment towards her daughter and Edward. She knew they didn't make it easy on him or for him. She was just happy to see that he got along with at least one of his siblings. Turning her head when her old-fashioned orb box sounded. Walking over, watching the lights play on the aged dark, almost pitch-black, walnut walls as she opened the small door.

"Hello, sweetheart, I wasn't expecting your call," Esmeralda said as her daughter's face appeared within the crystal ball.

"Hey, Mom, have you seen Jill, she isn't home yet, and I'm starting to worry." Her daughter might be the vainest person she's ever known, but she was a good mother.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart. It must have slipped my mind; yes, Jill is still here. I didn't mean to worry you, honey."

"It's okay, Mom." Esmeralda could see the relief in her daughter's face. "What got you so distracted that you forgot to call me?"

"Adam showed up right when Jill was leaving to head home, so she stayed around, as to why, well... I was making an early dinner for us to celebrate his passing his journeyman test."

"What?! Is he still there?" Amanda asked, surprised by the news.

"Yes, he's in the backyard helping Jill."

"I'll be right over," Amanda said, not waiting for her mother to answer before hanging up.

******

Adam tried not to look, yet there they were, one of the prettiest pairs of pink lace, in the shapes of roses along the front, panties he's ever seen. His pale blue eyes also noted the slight tint of blonde in that red carpet of fur he could see through the lace lining her mons Venus. Quickly looking away when Jill shoved her skirt down, hiding her mound from view.

"You alright?" Adam asked, pretending like he saw nothing as he helped her up after her fall from the broom.

"Y-yeah," Jill stammered, very red-faced. "Thanks," she uttered softly once she got to her feet and dusted herself off. "That does take some skill in acquiring,"

"Nah, you're fine; it's just my broom," Adam said, gesturing to how it was walking towards the rift to return to that closet. "It has a mind of its own, don't know what my father did to it in his youth, but it's been like that since I got it. But you'll do fine with a normal one; you just have to get the hang of flying down."

"I-If I got one, will you teach me how to fly it?" Jill asked, wondering if he saw anything.

"Sure, although I'd stick to your car if you're going anywhere far."

"Hey, since we're out here and all, would you mind, like just showing me the things I'm going to need to know just so I can start practicing before I get there?" Jill asked, wondering if they could make it a weekly thing before her classes begin in less than a month.

"Sure, at least until dinner," Adam said, watching her rush off towards the porch.

Amanda watched from the shadows of her mother's kitchen as her eldest helped her daughter with her magical studies. A devious smile formed on her lips at the thought of how she could use this to boost their family name since no one ever has personally been trained by a Sage. Quickly hiding her wicked thoughts as she heard her father approaching.

"You know, sooner or later, the two of you are going to have to work this out?" Keeping herself from rolling her eyes at the same tired old line her parents have said constantly throughout the years.

"I know, Dad, but he thinks I killed Jason or had a hand in it; nothing I say will make him think otherwise," Amanda said, turning to look at her father.

"Then have the police prove to him that you didn't; it's in the police report, right? You being a Countess and all, and Adam being the Sage-in-waiting, this shouldn't be a problem in getting solved, now should it? It might not begin to repair your relationship that you damaged because of your greed; it will at least show your son you care about him, other than yourself." Amanda glared at her father's back as he left to return to the living room.

"Leave them be, Amanda," Esmeralda said, when she noted how her daughter walked towards the door. "At least until dinner, then you can pester him all you want. Now, come help me get the table ready."

"Yes, Mom."

******

"Adam, Jill, dinner is ready. Come wash up," Amanda said, stepping onto the back porch once the table was almost set. Noting the startled look in her son's eyes when he turned to look at her. "Hello, son, I'm happy to see you're looking healthy since the last time we saw one another. I hear you passed your journeyman test today. Congratulations. I'm sure your Master, the Sage, was proud of you, as are all of us. Please, the potatoes are getting cold, and I know how you dislike cold potatoes," she uttered, dropping the hint that he might not like her; that doesn't mean she didn't know her son.

"Mom, just how did you do that?" Jill asked mystified, when Adam walked into their grandparents' home without a word. Something she was sure wouldn't've happened the moment he saw her.

"What? It's true; your brother hates cold mashed potatoes. Don't ask me why; he was like this since he was five," Amanda said, with a shrug, guiding her daughter into her parents' home.

******

"Adam, did you know there's a Gala in two nights' time?" Amanda asked, from diagonally across from her son as they enjoyed their early dinner.

"Yes, what about it?" Adam retorted as politely as he could in front of his grandparents.

"I was thinking, seeing how your classes start back up in a few weeks, and I know how hard you've worked to get where you are, the power of that staff alone kind of says that," Amanda said, saying what they all were thinking. Not missing that smirk as he took a bite of his roll. "I was thinking that you join us in attending the Gala; given how you are to be Sage, I can help you. I can help you swim those waters."

"Can't."

"May I ask, as to the reason you're refusing to join us, your family, at a Royal Gala?" Amanda asked, how those smug eyes of his infuriated her as he took a sip of his drink. It was like he knew something she didn't, and he was enjoying the anticipation.

"I have prior arrangements," Adam said, dragging this out for as long as possible and loving every second.

"I'm sure a night with your college friends is nice and all, but this is a Royal Gala, something that you, in your new position, can see would be wise in attending. May I then inquire, Adam, whom or what will you be spending your time doing on that evening?" Amanda asked, in an elegant voice.

"Escorting the Princess to the Gala," Adam said matter-of-factly, as all four of them stared in complete shock. Double slapping his mother verbally across her face, that not only was he going when she thought he wasn't, it was also the fact he would be arriving with none other than the Princess herself. "So, yes, mother, I do know how important an event, such as a Royal Gala is. I haven't spent all this time around nobles and not learn that" he stated in a polite, calm voice. "I do have my own friends; they're small, I do have them in the nobility." Instantly he saw his mother recover from the shock and the blow as the gears in that devious mind of hers turned.

"Adam." Jill's voice pierced that stagnate air. "Are you just there to escort her to it or as her date?"

"Just an escort until the castle and back again; why?" Adam asked, politely.

"No reason," Jill said, with rosy cheeks.

"So, Adam, escorting the Princess to the Gala, I do hope you have the attire for it. Would hate for you not to live up to your new rank," Amanda said, in a motherly voice. Knowing exactly what she was going to do during the Gala when she could find time to slip away from Edward.

"Yes, the Princess already took care of that," Adam said, once again, smacking down his mother at how he was so much higher in the nobility that she coveted. "Have you met her?" he asked, looking at Jill. Who looked at him with shock and a shaking head. "I'll introduce the two of you," Adam spoke, noting how Jill's eyes darted to the left at her mother, knowing how this must be irking her to no end.

"Thank you, Adam, Jill what do you say to your brother?" Amanda uttered in a motherly tone.

"Thank you, Adam; I know you don't have to; it means a lot to me that you're letting me in, even if only a tiny bit," Jill said, flashing him a smile.

"Adam, our driver can take you wherever you need to go; you don't need to risk your life flying on one of those all the time," Amanda said; they, along with her parents, stood outside their home after their dinner.

"My broom is faster," Adam said, climbing on to it. "See you next week, Grandma, Grandpa," he said, waving to them.

"Bye, you be safe, study hard," Esmeralda said, waving with a grandmotherly smile on her lips.

"Keep your eyes open for any storms on the way," Otto warned as his right hand squeezed his wife's right shoulder.

"See you next Wednesday; I'll have my own broom by then, just you wait," Jill said, her brown-green eyes glinted in the late afternoon sun. Her Crimson, with a tint of blonde, hair swayed gently behind her back as she smiled sweetly at her brother.

"Yes, you do be careful; we'll see you soon," Amanda said, with a warm, motherly smile, knowing what she was now going to be doing on her Wednesdays. She stared oddly at her disappearing son's image as he zoomed off to the north. She didn't know anyone in that direction that would be of interest to her son.

"He must be going to his enchanter," Jill uttered as she too watched her brother's disappearing silhouette. "That's where he said he was going after leaving here when he got here," she said, looking over at her mother.

"Ah, yes, now I can see why he's heading north, very astute of your brother," Amanda said; in truth, she still had no idea why he would be heading north. "Come, let's say our goodbyes and head home. You can tell me what you and your brother worked on," she uttered, wrapping her arm around her daughter affectionately.

******

A warm smile appeared on his lips as the orange-red light of the evening sun bathed the front façade of the store his grandparents had chosen to set their shop and home in. He knew, while his grandmother's store wasn't open yet, her stave enchanter was set up, given how he and his grandfather were the ones who set it up in the first place. Plus, he wanted to spend the night at home, and truly his grandparents were home to him, not the dwelling they live in.

"Sorry, Elenore's Apothecary and Enchanting services isn't open at this time; if it's a delivery, please take it around back..." Elenore's voice stilled as she walked into the store from the rear of the building that was now her new home. Her smile grew wide at the sight of her grandson. "Frank?!"

"What is it, hon?"

"Pull out an extra package of sausage from the freezer; we're going to have company for breakfast," Elenore called back to her husband. "Well, get over here?!" she exclaimed with wide open arms and a warm, motherly smile on her face. Holding Adam tightly against her, rocking him gently like she used to when he was small. "While we are always pleased to see you come home, Adam, yet I feel that this isn't just one of those visits," Elenore said, pushing herself away at the sound of Frank's footsteps.

"Hello, son," Frank greeted with a joyous smile, "how's your apprenticeship going?"

"Passed my journeyman test today," Adam said, seeing the pride in their eyes at the news. "I was wondering, Grandma, if you would enchant my staff for me?"

"You want me to enchant your staff?" Elenore stammered when Adam nodded. "Honey, I'm happy..."

"You have the skill to do it, dear. You've been enchanting things left and right all through our marriage," Frank said, lightly placing his hand on her back. Giving her the boost like she had always done when he followed his boxing carrier that didn't go as far as he dreamed it would. Seeing the love in her eyes as she gazed at him.

"Okay, Adam, show me this staff of yours," Elenore said, setting her resolve to ensure that she gave the best she had to her boy. Watching how Adam's right hand reached over and took his miniaturized staff from its holder. The first thing she was going to do was to mask that magical signature, so it's not sending up warning bells every time Adam walks into a room in the palace.

"I've never seen a staff of all black before; where did you get it?" Frank asked, looking over at his grandson after running his eyes up the length of it.

"From this weird tree that lives in the nexus where you can only get to with a spell that my Master has," Adam said, truthfully.

123456...8