Spellbound Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You've been to the Fae lands?!" Elenore gasped in wonder.

"Huh?"

"I'll tell you later, now let me have a look at that staff..." Instantly her eyes shot to her grandson. It wasn't the vast power of magjols that was coursing through that magical item, while yes, that was noteworthy. However, that wasn't the reason why she was giving her grandson that look. It was because the staff was still -- Alive! "I don't think those were trees, Adam. I think those were Treants... basically magical sentient trees. Adam, what kind of gem is that?"

"Oh, that, that's the Crimson stone I had cut that I purchased from the old alchemist I bought my alchemy workshop from, given how he was retiring. It's his life's work right there, plus it works very well as a magical lens," Adam lied, not about the lens part, just everything else.

"Very nice find, Adam, very nice," Elenore nodded in praise. "Now, what kind of enchantments do you want to put on this?" Nodding along when Adam listed off the things he wanted. She was about to buck at the bag of gold Adam handed her. A smile formed on her lips when he said: 'Now you can say you're the official enchanter of the Sage-in-waiting.' "Have you had dinner yet?" Elenore asked, handing the bag to Frank so he could place it in the safe they had in the basement that was only accessible in the dwelling part of the building.

"Yeah, Grandma Esmeralda wouldn't let me leave until I ate something."

"Good, Esmeralda might have the worst human being as a daughter, but she's a good woman," Elenore nodded motherly. "Then you can help your grandfather with the rest of the chores while I go start on this. Lock up for me," she said, placing the keys for the store's front door in his hand as she placed a kiss on his cheek before going into her workshop.

******

The morning of the Gala...

"Hello, Adam," Holly greeted warmly, opening her tower's study door early on that Friday morning. Where past, present, and future Sage(s) will reside, the ground floor was mainly a common area for the whole castle. The second floor was for her personal study, where she entertained guests, while the upper floors were strictly for the Sage.

"Good morning, Master," Adam greeted with a bow.

"Please, come in; we'll keep today's lesson short I know you have a lot to do after this," Holly said, in a teacherly voice like nothing had changed between them. "I do hope you are carrying your staff on you," she uttered when she couldn't sense it.

"Of course, Master, my enchanter finished her lovely work on it just yesterday," Adam said, showing Holly that it indeed sat in its holder on his wrist.

"Then why don't I sense any..." Her eyes shot wide when Adam deactivated the enchantment before reengaging it. "I can see why now," Holly stated in a knowing light as she nodded. "Then you're ready to start mastering your staff?" Leading him on to where they would be having their meal in her study.

"Yes, Master..." Holly's hand shot out and pulled Adam into the dark recess she had created between the shelves as Holly needed her fix before they had breakfast.

******

"Master, do you remember our conversation from the other day about charms?" Adam asked, as they enjoyed morning tea on her couch after their meal.

"Yes, of course; why?" Holly asked, flashing him a flirtatious smile. Bringing her honey-sweetened cup of tea to her lips as she sat beside him. Watching how he dug into his bag where she was once again surprised for the second time that day as Adam brought out an aged tome from his bag. Her eyes widened when she peered over his arm at the ancient language of their forbearers. "Adam, where did you get this book?"

"It was my mother's father's mother's codex about charms," Adam replied, looking down at his left arm when her hand took hold of it.

"Are you telling me this is an actual charm spell book?"

"Yeah..." Adam was not enjoying that look in her eyes at that moment. It always meant trouble for him.

"Please, Adam, you have to let me make a copy of it, I promise; this is for my personal library, not the Sages library," Holly said, with hopefulness. She knew while she might not be able to make a charm after she's translated the tome, yet to be able to study a form of magic that's only been handed down through families was a stroke of luck.

"Sure, but you have to make two translated copies on top of yours," Adam proposed.

"I get a copy for you, but who else were you going to give the other one to?" Holly asked, perplexed.

"My sister, if she wants it. If not, I'll give it to my grandfather so he can keep the original safe," Adam said, truthfully.

"Deal," Holly stated with a smile as she placed her cup onto the table. The rest of their time was going over, together, every aspect, every letter of each page until the noon hour approached, and she knew it would take him three hours by broom just to reach his college. "Adam, if you ever learn what those terms mean and how to make the charm itself, you let me know; I'd be very eager to learn it," Holly said, dropping her veiled innuendo as they stood in the open doorway. "Remember you are to escort her into the Gala; after that, you may join my side if you wish."

"Yes, Master, thank you for your... help earlier; it was rather... insightful," Adam spoke in a sinful but respectful voice.

"You're very welcome, Adam; you're always welcomed to seek me out if some magic text befuddles you," Holly retorted with a teasing smile. "Until tonight, Adam."

******

Later that night...

"Adam Bordun, apprentice to the Sage, here to escort Princess Roselyn to the Capital to attend the Royal Gala," Adam said, to the second-in-charge of the Princess's Royal Guard when he reached their security checkpoint. The black, made from the finest sea silk that money can buy, robe sat lightly on Adam's chest, while the symbol of his rank was blazed in gold on the left side of his robe while the triangle-shaped slit ran down the front allowing the dark blue of his high dollar dress shirt to show through that brought out the color of his eyes. His black slacks matched his robe along with his polished dress shoes. He knew if they didn't leave now, they wouldn't make it to the castle by eight.

"Yes, the Princess has been expecting you," the woman said, nodding to her underling to fetch the Princess.

The door to Roselyn's room opened, and out stepped a rather stunning beauty in her own right as her dark almond hair bounced against her Royal Sphr mermaid gown that appeared to be painted on as her spaghetti strings worked overtime to support her 32D breasts. That blue satin material hugged her hips as they swayed so alluringly.

"Good evening, Master Bordun; I see the robe arrived in time; I hope it fits you well," Roselyn said, her eyes running approvingly down his attire. Her hazel eyes flickered up and then back down, noting if he wore a red shirt, it would also bring out the natural crimson highlights in his black hair.

"Evening, my Lady," Adam bowed in greeting, "thank you for the gift, and it does," he said, gesturing for her to lead the way.

"Glad to hear it; tell me, Adam, do your studies take you to many places?" Roselyn asked, as they were flanked by her guard, who escorted them towards her royal rune-powered limousine.

"Quite a few, why do you ask, your Highness?" Adam asked, as they descended the stairs of the third floor to the second.

"Sometimes I wonder what it would be like traveling freely without..." Gesturing to the guards around them, "then I remember I like being rich," Roselyn said, with a joking smile. "I hope you don't mind, but I invited Selena Wivell; she's the daughter of Duke..."

"I know who Selena is; we hang out sometimes," Adam stated, noting her shocked but gleeful eyes at that news.

"Oh good, I would hate for this long flight to be boring for you," Roselyn said, lightly touching Adam's elbow. "There she is," she stated, giving Selena a small wave as she walked towards them wearing a red off-the-shoulder embellished lace gown. Its straight V-wire notched neckline, cap sleeves, inner grip trims., mermaid silhouette, allover lace with embroidery, sequins, and ribbon work detailed that tantalizing body of hers. Greeting Selena with a kiss on each cheek, "Seems the two of you know each other; you should have told me."

"Isn't that the same robe I saw you looking at in the shop?" Selena shot back with a friendly smile. "Hello, Master Bordun, you have to show me the trick you did at the party last weekend. You should have seen it, Princess. It was amazing."

"Party?"

"You were out on the west coast doing that charity event," Selena said, seeing the sadness in her friend's eyes at missing out on her college years. "You should check with Adam when you want to party, I don't know how, but he's normally at one, knows of one, or is preparing to go to one," she said, shooting Adam a smirk. "Not like you have to leave that building, and you know no one is there that shouldn't be." Selena hoped that Roselyn took the hint. Not as a hook-up, but as someone, she can talk to without being watched over.

"Huh, you didn't strike me as the party boy, Adam," Roselyn said, running her hazel eyes down his body, wondering if she judged him wrong.

"There's no shame in enjoying yourself, partaking of beverages of all manner and sorts, items that warp one's mind if you're into that," flashing her a smirk when they were enclosed in the rear of the limousine as Roselyn sat diagonally across from him, "if you need or want a night off, because I know the stress, I normally leave at eight. You're welcome to join me if you wish, Princess."

"Thank you, Adam; I'll think on it," Roselyn said, in a small voice. As they headed towards the castle with an escort of three guards on each side riding brooms guarding her car as they flew on.

******

Waelmore Castle...

Amanda was listening to Edward drone on and on about some such thing she could care less about as he chatted with some Viscount she found boring while his wife yammered on about something equally boring as her eyes scanned the crowd for her eldest son. She saw her other children mingling with their own friends. Hearing the light music and the chatter on the air as the nobility meandered around that grand ballroom.

"That's fascinating," Amanda said, in a monotone voice. Wondering if her son had told her that only to mess with her. However, blaring trumpets caused her and everyone to turn towards the very far end of the grand ballroom that ran the length of a hundred yards. The ornate, centuries-old, two-story-tall doors swung open. A sinful smile formed on her lips, knowing what that silly, jogging man in the royal colors meant.

"Your highness, King Aragon the third, Queen Alena, and honored noblemen and women. It's my honor to announce Princess Roselyn Aragon, with Duchess Selena Wivell, of House Wivell, being escorted by Adam Bordun, Sage-in-waiting!"

"Finally," Amanda said, smirking wickedly in her mind when her son's name rang loudly within that hall. Her eyes caught movement from where her daughter once was. Noting how she was walking elegantly towards the King's area to set herself up for the best spot instead of fighting for a spot along the now crowded avenue as the three of them approached.

"Edward, did you know there been a selection?" the Viscount asked, in a rather drawl, snobbish voice.

"I did," Edward nodded, tugging on his robe smugly. "Didn't we, dear?"

"That we did," Amanda said, smiling friendly at the two of them. Noting their progress from the corner of her eye. "Seeing how Adam Bordun is my son, from my first marriage," she uttered, lightly laying her hand on Edward's arm. "After Jason's tragic, tragic death, Edward, in his kindness, his generosity in taking Adam in, in that most trying part of his life. Edward raised him ever since."

"He has a bite to him, understandable of course, so young," Edward uttered in a caring sigh, playing off his wife's excellent build-up. "But through all that, with our guidance," gesturing to his wife, "Adam has risen to such heights," he said, slyly rubbing it in the Viscount's face.

"Yet, he doesn't carry your House name?" the Viscount taunted.

"The boy wanted to keep it to honor his father; I'm sure you, good sir, can understand wanting to honor your father, right?" Edward said, rebutting his question.

Amanda kept her deviousness to herself, knowing, after this night, word would spread about her ties to her son. "See, there's my daughter," Amanda stated, turning and pointing towards Jill as she stood at the edge of the royal platform.

******

Minutes prior...

"Master Bordun, thank you for the conversation and your protection; it does me well to know my kingdom will be in good hands should a duel be called," Roselyn praised as they stood in front of her mother and father.

"Any time, my Lady," Adam inclined his head. "Your Majesties, Master," he greeted with a bow of his head, "if you'll excuse me." Seeing his half-sister standing there just watching the interaction.

"You... look pretty good, Adam," Jill said, warmly.

"Thanks, nice dress," Adam said, running his eyes down the pink slip dress. Wondering if she was wearing those same pink panties with it.

"Thank you, come. I want to introduce you to my friends."

******

"As you see, they're quite close," Amanda said, as she turned back to the Viscount as Adam walked off with Jill.

"Yes, I see," the Viscountess muttered. "Come, you must regale me with how you learned your son would be the next Sage."

And so, Amanda spun the biggest lie of them all, telling people that would listen about the party. Yet, only for family, they wanted to keep the news as secret as they could, but they had to celebrate; how could they not? Spinning one tale after another with Edward nodding along, embellishing here and there. Although, her eyes never left her son when she could see him. The clamor of the room died down as two loud trumpet blasts sounded out.

"The first dance of the Royal Gala," the crier called out as the King and Queen took to the dance floor, then the Sage with the Cardinal once the music reached the point of them joining in. How her fear flooded her heart as Adam, with the Princess in hand, joined them.

"Oh my, you must tell me who your dance instructor was," one of the women that clustered around them mused as they watch Adam dance with Roselyn rather well, much to Amanda's own shock and amazement.

Then she noted Junior whispering among his friends. Wondering what that boy was up to. However, that grand, spacious room went deathly silent as a tomb when it appeared to be one of Roselyn's courtiers walked right onto the dance floor and slapped Adam with his velvet glove across both of Adam's cheeks before tossing it to the floor at his feet in full view of Roselyn, the King, and Queen, along with every noble within eyesight of it.

"A common rat such as you has no business touching someone so... refined as to thee," the man in his late twenties sneered. "Do accept my challenge, you cowardly cur?!"

Jill's eyes darted around as the lighting, powered by rune stones, fueled by magjols, began to dim. Noting how her friends were looking around but not really seeing, or sensing in this case, how the magjols were being drawn to a singular point. There were a few others like her; many were those that had served as a battle mage, were looking right at the cause. Her brother?! As quickly as it happened, the room just as quickly returned to its once illuminated state. That was when Jill heard that cold, callous voice of her brother.

"My King, Master, I'm not literate on the ways of personal duels, are they to the death, may I blot out this little noble that thinks his tiny speck of a magjol count, which makes one wonder if you yourself aren't a commoner masquerading as a noble given your weaker than the Earl Mortanhouse's son, can best me. So tell me," a bolt of light flashed outside the window bathing those within reach in its bright blue-white light, "my King, Master, is it to the death?"

"No, young Sage, it is not, a good maiming yes, no killing," King Aragon instructed.

"A pity," Adam sighed. "Very well, little noble, if you wish to challenge me. I won't belittle your sacrifice," he said evilly. Noting how the man paled as his smile matched the wickedness in his eyes. Before Adam sealed that all behind a mask, turning to the Princess, lightly taking her hand into his as edicate would dictate. Placing a soft kiss on the back of Roselyn's hand. "Do forgive my early departure, my Lady. I would not wish to spoil your night any longer with this... rubbish that has suddenly landed at your feet," rising to his full height, "yet it's my presence that has brought this... trash," gesturing to the man, "and I will not be the cause of ruining your night, Princess, along with the rest of yours, your Majesties," Adam bowed before departing the dance floor gracefully.

"Adam, over here!" Selena called out, waving to him as she spotted him through the crowd.

"Hey, Adam," Jill greeted, lightly leaning on the mid-chest high table when Adam pushed through the crowd around them. "Seems you don't need help in learning how to deal with nobles."

"Twelve years of boarding school taught me that," Adam said, with a friendly smile.

"Got to say, did not see that Marquess's son doing that or have the balls for it," Selena said, in a little laugh. "Adam, you know you're going to have to stay in the castle until tomorrow, whenever they decide to hold it."

"Was staying here anyway, the Princess doesn't return until the morning, so this is where I'll be," Adam stated truthfully.

"You have to tell me what staying in the castle is like," Jill said, wondering if he would dance with her.

"Like staying anywhere really, you just have a lot, I mean a lot, of people walking by your room, also... there's the guards," Adam said, with Selena nodding along.

"Wait. Have you slept here before?" Jill inquired, in awe, when Adam nodded.

"Have my own room, not big mind you, but I have my own room for when I have to stay within the castle with my Master."

"Oh, you have to show me..." Looking through the bodies to the dance floor as the band began to play anew. "After you dance with me, thanks for the advice, Selena. Hopefully, we'll see each other later," Jill said, taking hold of her brother's hand and waving to her before pulling her brother into the crowd.

"So... Adam," Jill gazed up into those pale blue eyes of his as they danced, "who taught you all of this?"

"My Master and the tutors the Queen would hire," Adam said, truthfully.

"The Queen, really?!" Jill stated, not believing a word.

"It's not every day I speak to her, but I do speak to her, I have to, kind of in my job description. So she offered to help; that's how I first met the Princess," Adam stated, performing the next moves in the dance perfectly.

"I won't tell Mom; you know what she would be like if she knew you spoke to the Queen regularly?!" Jill asked, shuddering at the thought.

"I do," Adam nodded like he didn't know the lengths their mother would go to. Now that he knew what he was dealing with, he just needed to avoid being alone with his mother until he could figure out how to counter a charm since it doesn't directly target a person, so none of the known wards would protect against an indirect spell.

"Thank you for the dance, Adam," Jill said, once the dance was complete, noting the fuming look on her rival's face. Smirking triumphantly at her as she looped her arm around her brother's and leading him off the dance floor and toward the door that led to the castle's private rooms.

123456...8