All Comments on 'Swinging in the 70s Ch. 04'

by TheGraduate88

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
Peter_ClevelandPeter_Cleveland5 months ago

Sentence by sentence, paragraph by paragraph, this chapter is very well-written--as always, with this author. The words on the page are a detailed narrative of an hour's lovemaking of the narrator (David) and a neighbor lady (Darla).

.

Perhaps the chapter would be even better, had it also explored questions of motivation, causality, and resulting changes. WHY did Darla, after a conversation with Myra (David's partner in his first "swinging"), decide to fuck David herself? How did David feel about his unplanned sex this morning with the wife of his good friend and neighbor, John? How does John feel about it? Does John know about it? How does David (and how will his wife Monica) feel about David's suddenly moving beyond "swinging" (which the couple had agreed to) to old-fashioned adultery--without Monica's knowledge, let alone permission? Didn't any of these questions at least cross David's mind as he was enjoying Darla?

.

David and Monica had their first experience of swinging back in Chapter 1. We were shown in detail what a great experience the evening was for David. So far, no one has thought to ask Monica what the experience was like for her (or seems to care).

.

One of the delights of the author's "Elsie the Cow" series is the elaborate social context in which the lovemaking occurs. "Swinging in the 70s" also is a good series--but I think that some more attention to the psychological, social, and cultural contexts of the lovemaking--not just on the mechanics of sex--would make it better still.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTheGraduate88@TheGraduate88
1948 Natal Year. 1968 Draftee. 1976 B.S. 1978 M.A. Four decades as a professional planner. Free thinker, part of the sexual revolution, enjoyer of women, strictly heterosexual.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES