Tales from the Road Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thankfully the wind had changed direction sometime in the night, the trash bag was nowhere to be found. I stopped at Wally World a few hours later and got a small cheap tarp and some equally cheap clothes line rope.

I spent that night at the mall between the dock retaining wall and a trailer that hadn't moved in a long time. Laying on a pile of leaves blown in, it was comfortable enough with the foam that I actually slept in a little. I was packing my things up as the first of the circus truck started rolling in.

Compared to the carnival I had worked for, this was a well-oiled machine. The trucks were pretty much pulling in in the order needed. A fair number of RV's and fifth wheel trailers mixed in and they were off behind all the activity.

I sat back and watched. Partially to get an overview of the operation, partially to not get in the way, and mostly to keep from being thrown into doing something I had no clue about.

Fairly quickly the main tent was up and things were being arranged to one side. There seemed to be a bit of a lull in the activity, so I made my way to what looked to be the main entrance

I walked up to one of the side show guys setting things out. "Who do I see about a job around here?"

He stood and turned, "That would be Bill, he'll be tied up for a while." He paused to look at me, "What kind of work are you looking for, what's your experience?"

"I just left a carnival headed up to winter quarters. I was low man on the totem pole so I'm out of luck until spring with them."

He chuckled, "The circus runs almost year-round. We have some down time, but usually only a week or two."

I smiled, "Well that would be nice."

"Tell you what, I'm looking to hire a guy. Doesn't pay as well as the big top, but it won't break your back either."

"Oh, I thought it was all one big operation."

"I have these four spots," pointing to the two on this side and the two on the other. "Eddie has the next four, and Pedro has the pony ride by the entrance. His daughter is the big horse star, and he does all the horse training."

"What do you have and what does it pay?"

"On this side, we have the snake trailer and the electric chair. On that side, we have the miniature horse and the bounce house. I'm looking for somebody to take care of the bounce house and the horse admissions. You can go back and forth between them pretty easily once you get the hang of it."

The money was roughly equal to what I was making on the carnival, and as a bonus, the circus had its own cook trailer cum tavern. Breakfast, lunch, supper, then burgers and beer after tear down. We shook on it, and I set my pack next to the horse truck and helped spread and set the bounce house.

He told me the big blue converted moving truck with the generator on the front was the cook house, and to tell Esmerelda I was the new guy on the bounce house. I got a bit of a look, but they let me buy my lunch. I took it back to the horse truck to eat, and tossed my pack in the cab when the locals started nosing around.

The miniature horse was cute, he was only 18" at the shoulder, or four and a half hands. He had the truck bed for a stall, the sides folded down as a catwalk for people to step up and look in. I didn't see the attraction in it, but people still shelled out their dollars to look.

The bounce house was just as much of a pain. Kids not wanting to come out when the time was up. I learned there was a separate switch for the bottom blower to let it deflate under them... the next day... YEAH!

I also found out the show traveled every fucking day! I was told in some major cities they would spend two or three days in one spot. There were enough people to justify it, and it was a known place for deliveries.

Pull in, set up, have the first show soon after. Have a couple of hours for a late lunch / early supper, then the second show and tear down. If you were a beer drinker, that's the time to fill up before crashing for the night. Get up in the morning, drive to the next site, and do it all over again. If the sites were close, you had some time before the first show. If it was a drive then it was a mad house to get set up in time for the first show.

After the first week, I was offered a deal from the actual circus. They needed somebody to drive a truck. They weren't exactly tickled at my B with the A paperwork, so I had a ride along for two days to make sure I knew what I was doing, and then all I drove was a seat wagon. A short cab-over truck pulling fold down bleachers on a flatbed trailer. That was then folded up and stacked with whatever didn't fit in a neat spot on something else to get to the next spot.

In exchange for that, I got two meals a day and the sleeper of one of the trucks. It sounded better than sleeping on the bench seat of the one ton.

The food sounded good, and so did the sleeper. I actually thought it was neat to be sleeping in the sleeper of the truck that pulled all the big cats. I knew there was no way I was going to be driving that load of expensive animals, but it was still kinda neat... for a day.

Part of the cat trailer was a bit of a menagerie. It was a few animals that had been injured somewhere along the way, and were kept on instead of being euthanized. And right up front was a hyena. At first it does sound like a laugh, then it begins to resemble more of a cackle, then it's just down right fucking annoying... I figured out pretty quickly why no one wanted this sleeper.

It was a pretty good sized truck and sleeper, almost big enough for two. I could turn my pack sideways down by my feet and still not feel cramped.

And life became a collection of people and trucks moving from one place to the next every day. And just like the carnival, Sunday was the defining day. But instead of a different breakfast, it was a different show schedule. Instead of a morning and evening show, it was a morning and afternoon show almost back to back.

Oh yeah, and showers were still pot luck. Will, the guy that ran the snake trailer, had a connection with one of the show mechanics and got me two black five gallon buckets. I could fill with water and have a so-so sponge bath and rinse... as long as the sun was out most of the day.

In many ways, I was glad I had gone with the side show instead of the actual circus. The laborers they hired to set up and tear down the big top didn't usually stick around that long. It was hard work, and you were the first one in and the last one out.

But all the acts and support personnel were fairly stable. I got to know them and a few of the long term hands. I also found out through somebody else's mistake, that you don't mess with the show girls. Most of them are family and related in ways you would never imagine. Mess with one of them and your life soon becomes a living hell. Took Jim three days and he was gone after trying to get into Angela's pants a little too forcefully.

Hell, I got more looks at the townie girls than I ever did any of the show girls. Moms and big sisters leaning over to pick the little ones up got me plenty of looks down tops and tight jeans on asses.

And so the grind went on. I was working, but I did miss the 'stability' of the longer carnival stays. You didn't really get to know anyone or the area, but on the flip side, you at least had a chance to not eat at a shitty restaurant every day. Granted the cook trailer wasn't bad, but the menu was just a tad bit limited. Burgers, fries, and beer were the three main food groups. Thank god they also hit the stores for junk food! I was practically living on Hostess cupcakes and blueberry pies

So somewhere along the grind, the show boss tells me I'm going to have a passenger for the morning drive for a while. I'd had one guy about a week in, but had to shuffle him off to someone else. Fifty years old and a literal chain smoker. Lighting the next with the first, and clouding up the cab so bad I had to crack a window to breathe.

The pleasant surprise was it was a woman climbing into the cab in the morning. About my age and fairly decent looking. Darker complexion and straight black hair to her shoulders. Nice smile, and a twinkle of the eyes that just caught your attention.

She stuck her hand out smiling, "I'm Rolanda, Ro for short."

"Jerold," shaking her hand and taking a quick inventory. Sweatshirt with flannel on under and loose jeans. Not an ugly woman by any means, but not dressed to attract any attention either.

There was a little conversation, but after a bit, we just settled in for the drive. The muffler was barely legal, so in a word it was NOISY. A few words were said at stop lights and such when we were down to an idle, but that was short lived as well not knowing when we could talk below a shout again.

After a few days we got into a 'routine' we talked while the truck was idling before we pulled out, and we talked when we got to the new location and were idling in line to pull in. Just about anything in between was pointing a finger at something and the other nodding they saw it.

Ro was a bright energetic woman despite what you saw from the outside. A sharp wit and sense of humor to go along with it. And if you took the time to look, she had a bit of a hidden, exotic look to her. A few weeks later I found out the source of that look. Her dad was in the service and married a woman from Okinawa when he served there. Inuit dad and that Korean mom made quite an interesting look.

She joined the show with Henry. He worked the horses, she was put in the ticket booth and helped in the cook house. While the outfits changed, they all had one thing in common, they pretty much hid her figure, and after a few days, I quit hunting for peeks.

I gave her a basic run down of my short life in the carnival and circus. Rough guess put her around three or four years older than I was.

I guess it was about three of four weeks of her riding along when she hopped in, crossed her arms, and glared out the window. The few questions I tried to ask were met with 'NOTHING' and 'NEVER MIND' so I quit asking.

The next morning she was a bit better, and by two days later she was pretty much back to normal. I saw her a few times at the cook house, but all I got was a noticing glance.

But the bitch was back the next Monday morning, any responses back were just grumbles.

I shook my head just before we pulled out. "Good thing you don't kiss me good morning with that mouth, I'd be afraid I'd catch something."

She scowled at me and flipped me off. That was the gist of the conversation for the trip, and she jumped out and walked the last bit into the next site instead of waiting in line in the truck.

It was a nice warm day, so despite the 'chilly' morning ride, I enjoyed a few skimpily dressed big sisters helping rug rats in and out of the bounce house. Lots of hanging cleavage and tight shorts. The one braless managed to stay standing, but leaning over pressed those nice nipples to her tank top.

The bitch was back the next morning, but only a few shades warmer than yesterday. I didn't get flipped off when I asked if I needed to get vaccinated before she kissed me with that mouth.

She did surprise me at the new site, just before she hopped out, she leaned across the dog house and grabbed my shirt to pull me to her, laid one hell of a kiss on me, then turned and hopped out without a word.

Sad to say, with a drizzly day, that kiss was the highlight of it. The miniature horse with the sheltered catwalk had a ton more visitors than the bounce house. I smiled when Ro wouldn't look me in the eye at the cook house.

Ro was in a better mode the next morning, but still trying to avoid looking at me.

"So what's been eating at you the last few days?" I asked.

She mumbled something.

"Huh?"

She pursed her lips, then practically spat, "Henry says I'm getting fat."

"Oh." That was not a word most women wanted to hear.

She glared at me, "So I am?"

"I didn't say that," Geeze guys, get moving so I can pull out of here.

"Well, you didn't say I wasn't!"

Fuck, now I'm screwed. "Well, it's kinda hard to tell with what you wear." I took a quick glance, her mouth was hanging open. "It's not like I can see through all that clothing right?"

She was chewing on a response when the truck in front of me started moving and I put mine in gear as quickly as I could and pulled out cutting off any further conversation. I thought I was off the hook.

We were going through a small town with unsynchronized traffic lights, lots of stop and go.

"So am I fat?" she asked.

I turned as she talked, seeing her grab the hem of her top and sweatshirt pulling them up, and the waist of her pants pushing them down a bit.

I saw a nice belly, a bra band, and I think a bit of lace bra cup. I looked down to see the top of what was probably some skimpy panties. I saw about a three inch wide wedge coming up to little straps heading off over each hip.

I saw movement from the corner of my eye, and put the truck in gear to pull out. We didn't quite make the light.

"Well?"

I looked, she had let her clothes drop back in place. I shrugged, "Didn't look half bad to me."

The eyes flashed open, "Half bad!"

I raised my hand and wiggled my fingers smiling, "Well not without a little verification."

I heard a gasp as I put the truck in gear with as much engine noise as possible. I was glared at, but it was full speed ahead all the way to the next stop.

I was still getting the look, but Ro hopped out without any more comments.

The next few mornings she was a little out of it, kinda in her own world, so I just let her be.

This Sunday was going to be a fun one. We had a long drive, so it would be a teardown and drive that day instead of pulling out the next morning. The Monday morning set up would not be as harried, but it would make for a LONG Sunday.

I had a good laugh, when one of the practical joker old timers told a few of the new guys they could get one beer for the road. NOT! They had to wait until we arrived. No chance of a DUI, period.

Ro climbed up into the truck with a look, not 'the look' I knew of. I was way too young to recognize this look. The one that said she had a surprise brewing, and that I was most likely the target. How it turned out would be solely dependent on how I reacted. I was sooooo clueless at that age.

There was a nice 'Hi' as she got in, so I just finished the mileage log and got on the road. I was not looking forward to driving this truck twice in one day.

There was motion to my right, and I looked... and nearly ran off the road.

Ro snickered.

She had peeled her outer sweatshirt off, leaving her sitting there in a clingy tank top and bra. The top and bra straps didn't line up, so I knew the bra was a bit heavy duty, but not a massive one. And there was a little bit of lace texture to the top as well.

I glanced over at her tits as much as possible during the drive. They appeared to be nice sized without being huge monsters. Some movement at rough spots in the road, but not even close to some of the swinging udders I had seen on a few of the older ladies on the show.

Most of the time she sat there looking out, a few times she caught me glancing. Just sitting there sometimes, others hunching a bit to hide her chest. Just before we pulled in, she pulled her sweatshirt back on. Pulling her top tight on her bra covered tits as she did was not a bad sight, not a bad sight at all.

We got pulled into place, and I went up to pull out some of my sideshow stuff in preparation for tomorrow morning's set up. I grabbed a quick bite at the cook house. She grinned when she noticed me looking at her.

I saw her and Henry eating when I went back to grab a snack later, and the conversation looked a bit heated from a distance so I didn't even get close to that corner of the tent.

For the next few mornings, it was hit or miss if she left her sweatshirt on or took it off. She gasped when she got her tank top at the same time Thursday, and I got a quick look at a lace-covered tit and a little hint of a large dark areola. There was a solid band just under her tit, but most of the cup was sheer lace. She yanked it down as quickly as she could, and faced out the side window for most of the trip. The next two days she left it on.

Sunday morning she was pulling up the sweatshirt, and when it cleared her head I had my head down like I was trying to look up her shirt. She gasped and scowled, I grinned and held my hand out flexing my fingers. I managed to get the truck in gear and pull out before she could say anything.

I made several more attempts to 'look up her shirt' as we drove. She blushed at the first few, then smiled and shook her finger at me for the last ones. She jumped out of the truck with her sweatshirt on her arm. Things were looking up, for as big as the bra cups were, it was only a two hook band across her back.

The full-on bitch wasn't back the next morning, but Ro was not in the best of moods, hopping in as I was finishing up the log. I glanced up, seeing her crossing her arms over her chest instead of lifting the sweatshirt off. "Well if you're not going to flash me, you could at least give me a kiss good morning."

I heard a noise, and as I turned my head to look at her, the killer woman was leaning over the dog house. But instead of killing me, she grabbed the edge of my shirt and pulled me closer to give me a not-so-bad kiss... and leaned her chest right on the back of my hand on the clip board.

Satisfied?" she huffed.

I smiled, "It's a start. I'll let you practice for a few days and we'll see how you do."

"I... You...!!"

I put the truck in gear and we pulled out.

She got me back when she waited until we just about to the next site, then stripped her sweatshirt off a few minutes before we pulled in, and had it on her arm as she slid out of the truck. The shoulder and back bands looked a little thinner than the other day. But it could have just been my wishful thinking.

The next morning I purposely left my arm and hand on the dog house. She climbed in, and I just looked at her with a glance at her chest and a raised eyebrow.

Ro rolled her eyes and leaned across for a little better kiss than yesterday. I smiled, she rolled her eyes again and settled in for the short drive. The sweatshirt stayed on today.

This went on for a few days, the kiss getting a bit longer every day. About a week of nice morning kisses, I made a little moan as she broke it. She grinned and bit the edge of her lip as she sat back, and the sweatshirt came off about halfway there.

It was a thinner white tank top over a white lace bra. The tank top was just thin enough to let the bra edges show, and a nice balconette made me wonder what she'd look like with a lot lower neckline.

The next day I went for broke. Ro had been leaning over to give me a kiss, laying her tit on the back of my hand few a few days now. Today, just as she was leaning over, I flipped my hand over and let her press her tit into my palm. Just about the time I figured the kiss was done, I gave her tit a light squeeze.

She pulled back with her mouth wide open.

I smiled and then wiggled my finger in the air. "It's a start."

She was still trying to think of something to scream at me as I quickly put the truck in gear and pulled out. We had barely stopped behind a long line of trucks waiting to pull in and she was out of the truck in a flash. Man, that ass was moving as she fast walked around the truck ahead of me.

I got the evil eye as I went through the line in the cook tent that day

She was still pissed the next morning, climbing in with arms crossed and staying close to the door. "I... You!... I mean... Uhhhh."

I gave my head a little shake and tried not to grin as I put the truck into gear. "Can't blame a guy for trying now can you?" then slipped the clutch and pulled out with engine roaring as we pulled out, cutting off any reply.