That's What Daughters are For

Story Info
It runs in their families, and it won't be denied.
32.1k words
4.21
162k
116
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Notes. Hey, everyone! This story is longer than my usual. It could be argued that it could have worked as two different stories. But telling their stories alongside each other seemed like it made them both feel more real. Especially since their circumstances are so different. Many of the characters are guest-starring from other stories, but you don't really need to read them to follow this one. I hope you enjoy it. If you do, please take a moment to vote, and I live for comments. As always, this is fiction, nobody here is real, all characters engaging in sexual activity are at least 18 years of age. Also, check the tags. This is a WyndsofChange story. She might get pregnant. If that's an issue, you might want to pass.

But you'll miss a great story!!

Santana Zahn sat nervously in the waiting area, hoping for the best. She needed this job, and she'd heard that this was a really good place to work. The interviews had gone well, and she was about to meet the Director of Sales she would be working for. The woman she spoke with to set up this interview had mentioned that this was just the final check; just to let them know if she'd be a good fit. The position was just an admin-assistant slot, but she'd just recently graduated from Collins University with a degree in business, and she fully expected to start at the bottom and work her way up. The only reason she even got the interview was because her favorite Professor knew the Director of Sales from back in the day, and he called in a favor. HBCU people tended to look out for one another. So here she was.

The door opened, and a very good-looking black man stepped out of the office and strode over to her, his hand already extended to shake. "Miss Zahn? Hi! I'm Jake Steele. Come on in," he said cheerfully. They walked into a well-appointed office with a great view of the city. On the far side of the office were two comfy-looking armchairs and a small table with seating for three. On the opposite wall was a large picture window with an amazing view of the city to the west. There was a large, neat desk close to the window, and she could see that the desk chair was angled in a way that he could gaze out to a beautiful afternoon view.

"It is a good view, but in the summertime, it gets a little hot," he said, interrupting her admiration of his office. "Because of that I'm always finding excuses to work from home." He continued, "Please, take a seat at the table so we can talk without getting distracted by that amazing view."

She took a seat at the table, and Jake sat opposite her. There was a laptop and a manila folder in front of him. He opened the folder, and there was a small stack of papers inside, with her resume on top. As he picked up the resume, he could hear her breath quicken. He looked into her face and he could see that her eyes were wide with... fear? He said, "Miss Zahn, relax. You look like you're about to pop!" He leaned forward and said, almost conspiratorially, "You've got the job. But because you're gonna be working on my team, H.R. thought it would be a good idea for us to meet for a few minutes just to say hello before you come aboard. Okay?"

Santana visibly relaxed. She sat back, and her face broke into a wide, happy smile. He could see her features settle into her naturally pretty expression. Now that she looked more natural, Jake took a slightly longer look at her. She had smooth, cinnamon-hued skin, brown eyes, and her hair was long and dark brunette, and she wore it in messy curls. It was a very good look on her. She had a wide, genuine-looking smile that was at once very welcoming and unnervingly sexy. She reminded him of a friend...

He glanced at her resume. She went to school at Collins, his old Alma Mater, but that was in Mississippi. She lived in Atlanta. He asked her, "How did you end up at Collins?"

She smiled and said, with a touch of pride, "Academic scholarship. Other schools offered partial, but Collins gave me a full ride."

"Scholarship Geek, eh?" replied Jake, nodding approvingly. "We are going to get along just fine!"

"You were an ASN, too?" she asked, surprised, then realized, she should have known. ASN stood for 'Academic Scholarship Nerd.' Other students taunted them, but the truth is, they were jealous. The ASNs were a protected class, directly under the wing of the Dean of Students, Dr. Hale Bingham. His power at the school was second only to the University President, and he made sure everyone knew it. The Academic Scholarship program was a program he'd developed over forty years ago, and he took special care of those kids. As long as they kept their GPA at 3.80, he could get them out of pretty much any trouble short of murder. Nobody messed with them because it would always end up on Dr. Bingham's desk, he'd make a call, and the problem would simply go away. Upon graduation, ASNs invariably found cushy, well-paying jobs, and were very often hired by fellow ASNs.

"Dr. Bingham still there, holdin' court?" Jake asked.

"He is, but he said he might retire soon. But I hear he plans to keep his fingers in the pie at Collins, so ASNs can still call him for help," she answered.

"Between you and me, he threatens to retire every other year. Well I'm sure Dr. B. will keep 'em in line. You know that's why you're here, right?" said Jake.

She nodded sheepishly and said, "I know. It's just..." she answered, her eyes cast down and her voice trailing off.

Jake said, "Oh, you think you're here just because of a favor and not your abilities, huh?"

Santana shrugged and said, "I guess."

Jake reached across the table and touched her hand with the tip of his finger to get her to look up at him and said, "Understand that you got this favor based on your abilities. You earned an academic scholarship, and you kept your grades up at a very high level the whole time. How many other kids started with you but lost their scholarship?"

She took a breath and answered, "They only offered ten my freshman year. By graduation there was only me and one other guy."

Jake said, "That's why you're here, Miss Zahn." He paused and seemed to consider something. "Zahn," he said, mostly to himself. He continued, "That's an unusual last name. Do you have relatives in Florida?"

She answered, "Just my Uncle Solomon and my cousin Jadzia. They're also named Zahn. I think they live in Clearwater or something."

Jake sat back, surprised, "You're Solomon's niece? Jadzia who looks like she's white? Jadzia's cuz?!"

Now Santana was surprised. "Yeah, that's Jadzia. How do you know them? Did you live in Florida? I know he didn't go to Collins," she said.

Jake answered, choosing his words carefully. "A few years ago, some friends of mine were in Clearwater for a convention, and they made a mini vacation out of it. They were in the same hotel as Solomon and Jadz—well, and they met purely by chance, hit it off, and my friends introduced us, and now we're all good friends. We visit each other once or twice a year. In fact, they're coming on a cruise with us in the next year or so. Don't you keep in touch with your family?"

She answered, "Last time I talked with Jazz, uhh, Jadzia, she told me her mom and dad were getting a divorce. I asked what was going on, and she was super vague, like, 'It's complicated, but it'll be okay,' and that was it. Then life got in the way and we just kinda lost touch. She stopped returning calls, got off social media, phone number not in service, she just went radio silent. Uncle Solomon's law firm is still there, so I guess they're still in Florida, but that's all I know. Maybe I can find them through you."

Jake said only, "We'll see." Real noncommittal. He opened his laptop, which was already up. He looked at his computer screen, frowned as if in thought, and started typing something. He added a few lines of text and pressed a final key. He turned back to Santana.

Santana narrowed her eyes and said, "See! There it is again, that vague non-answer when it comes to Uncle Solomon. Something happened, and nobody's talking. So what gives?"

Jake took a moment before answering, and finally said, "You know, there is something there, but it's not my story to tell. But know that it has absolutely no bearing on you, me, or your working here. But yes, I happen to know your uncle. And your cousin. Just focus on your work and it'll be fine. Okay?"

"Sure, Mr. Steele. It's just a small world," she answered.

"That it is, Miss Zahn, that it is. Anyway, I just sent HR the approval for your offer letter. It should reach you before you get to your car. You should know, you were being offered an Admin Assistant slot. I'm interviewing you because you would be a part of my team. But I don't think that's good enough for a fellow ASN. I'm hiring an Exec Assistant, who'd work directly for me. The position comes with a bit more responsibility. Since I'm rarely here, you'd have to be able to hit the ground running and take care of a lot of stuff on your own. I'm always available by phone and I come in occasionally, but most of the time you'd be unsupervised. But there's more pay, and some nice perks. That'll all be in your offer letter. Would that be okay with you, Miss Zahn?"

Santana was speechless. Finally she said, "Omigod, YES!! That would be great, and I promise I won't let you down! Thank you so much!!"

"I kind of thought so," said Jake. "So take a look at the offer, and if everything looks okay, print it, sign it, and bring it with you on Monday. So have a good weekend, and I'll see you here bright and early Monday morning, say, 9:00? We'll start here and I'll show you around."

"That's great! And thank you, Mr. Steele. You won't regret hiring me!" she gushed.

"I'm sure that's true," he said as he waved her to the door. "Have a good weekend!"

As she left, Jake wondered who to call first. Solomon was his friend, and he needed to know. Nate was his best friend, and they could get the jokes out of their system before they call Solomon. And between Jake and Nate, there would be jokes. He put in his Bluetooth and rang his friend.

Nate picked up on the first ring. "Whuddup!"

Jake could hardly wait. "Dude!" he exclaimed excitedly. "Guess who I just hired as my new admin!"

"I don't know, but she better not be hot, 'cause Darby ain't havin' that! She still fightin' that baby weight, and Nora told me she sometimes starts crying for nothing. So you better watch out with this!"

"Well she is pretty hot, but that's not the news here. I just hired a lovely young lady with the very unusual last name of Zahn." He waited for Nate to put it all together.

"Zahn? You just hired Jadzia? What's she doin' up here? Where's Sol? What the fuck, man? Talk to me!"

Jake took his time, letting Nate stew waiting for it.

"Well?!"

Finally Jake said, "No, I didn't hire Jadzia. I hired her cousin Santana. Santana Zahn." He just waited.

"Santana Zahn? Man, that family got some sexy-ass names! Solomon, Jadzia, now Santana. Sounds like a goddamn spy ring!" Nate laughed.

Jake laughed out loud, "I know, right?"

Nate said, "Well, the big question is, does she know?"

"Not a clue," answered Jake. "She lost touch with Jazz when her and Sol got together, and Jadzia got off social media. Of course I didn't say nothin' but sooner or later, a conversation is probably gonna be had."

Nate replied, "May be, but also, maybe we could get us another club member. I mean, it really wouldn't be that hard. It's all in the news right now. Just don't count that idea out, ah'ite?"

Jake agreed, "Fine. But until then, Solomon needs to know. Wanna call him tonight? After tennis?" Nate and Jake played a weekly tennis game every Friday night. After tennis, it had become a bit of a habit for the two couples to get sitters for the kids and all go out for dinner or entertainment. They could call from the car, and everybody could say hello.

*****

As Santana drove the thirty minutes back to her dad's house, she was beyond elated. When she got into the car, she immediately grabbed her phone to call her dad and give him the good news, but she decided to tell him in person, so she could benefit from one of his amazing hugs. She'd always resisted admitting to herself just how much she loved it when he enveloped her in his strong arms and held her so tightly that she could feel his heartbeat. She told herself that it was just a girl enjoying being shown affection by a loving parent. She always tried to ignore how it always made her heart race and her whole body tingle. But now, after a great day, her getting a great job, and then getting an even better one that paid surprisingly well, she finally admitted to herself that she couldn't WAIT for her dad to give her a nice, long, positively indecent, congratulatory hug. There was nothing wrong with that... she'd earned it!

She was very surprised that Mr. Steele knew her uncle and her cousin as well, apparently. Talking about them brought up some emotion. Santana hadn't thought about her family in a while. Jadzia was a little older than her, but they'd always been fairly close, almost like the big sister she never had... they were both only children. She hoped that maybe this would be a way to reconnect.

Santana finally got home to tell her dad the news. She rushed into the house through the garage and was surprised to see a strange woman sitting at the kitchen counter. She looked a few years older than Santana... maybe early 30's or so, and she was gorgeous. Asian, with finely delicate facial features and smooth, creamy skin that was flawless except for and intricate tattoo of colorful flowers along her right arm. She was petite like Santana, but with a voluptuous curviness often seen in Latinas. Her long, straight, black hair hung loosely across one shoulder stopping just above her full breasts. Even wearing a simple tank top and jeans, this woman was stunningly gorgeous. Santana hated her immediately. She was casually sipping a glass of wine. Her father was nowhere to be found. Santana looked at this beautiful woman and wondered what the hell was going on.

Her father, Darius Zahn, came in from the garage — how had she not seen him there? — and instantly hugged her.

"Tinny, you're back! How'd it go?" he asked her, smiling.

"Uhhhh... fine..." she mumbled.

"What?" asked Darius. "Oh!" he replied as he saw her eyes dart between him and the young woman seated so imperiously at the counter. "Santana, this is, uh, Genevieve. Genevieve, this is my daughter, Santana."

Santana smiled and offered her hand, saying, "Genevieve, it's so nice to meet you!" She wanted to run and hide under her bed... this woman looked so amazing, she practically sucked all the air out of the room. Santana had never felt so unattractive.

Genevieve shook Santana's hand, saying, "It's nice to finally meet you, too, and please, call me Genie. Your father goes on and on about you! It's always, 'Santana this,' or 'Santana that!' I just knew I'd never be able to keep his attention. And look at you! You're as lovely as he always said!"

She smiled and answered, "Omigod, you're making me blush! Somehow, Dad chose to keep you a secret, though I can't imagine why! You're a total babe!"

Darius spoke up, "Tenny, Genevieve and I just started seeing each other. I hadn't said anything yet because there was nothing to say."

"Are y'all headed out?" asked Santana.

Darius answered, "Yeah, but I was waiting on you so you could tell me how the interview went."

Santana had been so surprised to see Genevieve that she'd almost forgotten about her big news. "Oh, it went great... I got the job! Not only that, I got a better job with more pay!"

"That's great, baby!" exclaimed Darius, and he grabbed her into a quick hug. Nice, but not nearly the long, quasi-inappropriate embrace Santana had been so looking forward to.

When he let her go, all too quickly, she said, "Well, Im'ma go change. I'm going out with Cassidy tonight, and I need to look good." She shook Genevieve's hand quickly and added, "It's really nice to meet you, Genie." The she turned towards her dad so Genevieve couldn't see her face. As she turned, Darius saw the smile leave her face as thoroughly as if she had been wearing it as a mask. With her eyes slitted and her expression hard, she said, still sounding perfectly happy, "You never know just who I'LL meet!" The smile from her voice never came near her face. The whole effect was deeply unsettling. Darius wasn't sure why, but he knew for certain that he'd hear more about this later.

Santana quickly made it to her room and collapsed across her bed. She almost felt like crying! And what was worse, it was now all right out there in front of her face: Why she had no interest in other guys, why she never wanted to move out on her own, and most of all, why seeing her father with that smoking-hot woman made her blood boil and her heart break: She had somehow fallen in love with her own father. What the fuck?!

Sure, she'd had a crush on her dad when she was a teenager, but it was harmless. She just liked it when he hugged her, and when he kissed her goodnight on her forehead. It was all perfectly innocent, but with their every interaction, she always felt so warm and snuggly, so loved. And she always thought to herself... 'Someday I'm gonna marry daddy!' In the saccharine world of middle-class suburbia where she grew up, all her friends felt the same way about their own dads. They all thought it was as normal as breathing. Her cousin Jadzia had certainly always been a Daddy's Girl. Santana wondered if she still adored her father, Uncle Solomon. Or maybe, like the rest of her friends, she'd grown up and outgrown her dad, and found a nice, suitable boy to build a life with.

But not Santana. That sweet, innocent crush never went away. By the time she graduated from high school, she'd looked back at her high school years and realized she practically never dated, preferring the company of either her best friend Cassidy, or simply hanging out with her dad. Cassidy wasn't much different, although her dad had often been away for work. Lately, though, when he was home, they too were inseparable.

Darius Zahn had always be nothing but proper, and he seemingly either had no idea about his daughter's distress, or chose to ignore it, hoping she'd finally outgrow it. Santana decided some space between her and her father might do her some good. So she accepted the scholarship from Collins, and finally flew the coop. For four long years, she missed him terribly, and ran back home at every opportunity. During this time is when those wonderful hugs began. The first time he held her just a little too long, she felt her heart soar. And despite her big plans of taking the world by storm, the minute she walked across that stage, she'd run back home before the ink was dry on her degree.

He still hugged her so long and close. But nothing more had happened. And now, just as she was finally coming to terms with her own feelings, this gorgeous heifer had to show up! She got off the bed and looked at herself in her full-length mirror. Santana was objectively very attractive. But as is the case with many attractive young women, that wasn't what she saw. Instead of a statuesque young woman with buttery smooth, rich brown skin; full pouty lips; a wide, inviting smile; dark, full-bodied hair that subdued the light and made her look sultry and mysterious, she saw a skinny, ashy kid with kinky-ass hair that wouldn't stay put. Instead of perfect, perky breasts, and narrow waist flaring out to full hips and a firm, tight, round derriere that drew stares everywhere she went, she saw a gawky little girl with tiny tits and a big ass. Her long, runway-model legs were too long and too gangly, she thought. She sighed as she regarded herself in the mirror. How can this ever compete with a hot Asian Genie... and for my own dad, no less? Santana thought ruefully. I bet she's granting him wishes left and right. Slut!

123456...9