All Comments on 'The Arrangement'

by TheDok

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An interesting approach. I have friends who are in an arranged marriage and they are perfect partners have been for almost thirty years! It just goes to show that even in this type of fiction there is truth. A nice story with the perfect ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What was there was well told but there wasn’t enough there. It was too easy and too linear, missing out on the opportunity to grab the reader’s interest and then provide a twist, something they had to overcome to make their love work. Instead, point A, point B, and done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I was doing door-to-door canvassing around 1980 in a suburb of Chicago. At one house one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen invited me in for a refreshing drink. She was from India. Since she was the first person from India I had ever met I was curious about her culture. She lived in a arranged marriage. She extolled the virtues. Those who arranged the marriage we much more mature, understood what made for a good marriage and arranged also a marriage that united two people with a very similar cultural perspective. After ten years she was completely satisfied with all aspects of the marriage. I again met a similar woman in 2015 in a small city in Queensland. Her marriage was over thirty years old and she, too, witnessed to the benefits of arranged marriage as was the custom of here cultural heritage.

Dok, this was an excellent article (note I did not say story, though of course it is fiction)!

Like the hero I went about finding the right family, and married the oldest daughter. 50+ years of happiness, nine children, and "the smile" on my face constantly.

Thanks for a positive comment on arranged marriage. It really is very freeing!

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikeralmost 2 years ago

The author had me fooled until the end as I thought that the MC was a man! Arranged marriages are not all sweetness and light. There are just as many failures but often they are more difficult to get out of, especially for women. Behind closed doors they can hide unhappiness, domestic abuse and sometimes enslavement (for women). It was a good story. 4 stars. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Derin was a man or woman - fucking confusing

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous