The Diary of Jewel Delacroix Ch. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The headmistress indicated for them to sit in the chairs placed before the desk while the teacher stood off to the left and the Headmistress stood behind the desk to Mother Superior's right.

"This is a very unusual situation we find ourselves in today." Mother Superior began.

Jewel thought she was talking about her being a male bride, and was slightly surprised when she continued.

"It is not often someone as old as Lady Delacroix and already possessing a secondary education should seek admittance here, as well as being a married woman."

Now Jewel wondered if they didn't know she was really a guy.

Leanne responded smoothly. "Count Delacroix has always been a strong supporter and booster of this school. His only daughter attended this institution as a child and the count would like to see his new wife receive the same formal education as any other noble child of the realm."

The Headmistress was not easily swayed. "You are asking for us to make an exception to allow a male bride into an all-girl's school. That has never been done before."

"And yet there are no rules against it, nor are there any rules specifying an age requirement." Leanne answered.

"And of course, there is the small matter of her true gender." Mrs. Anna Smith said.

There it is, thought Jewel. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat, embarrassed but somehow hoping that it would mean they wouldn't let her attend.

Mother Superior scowled slightly at his teacher before continuing on "Of course there isn't any rule against that either because it has always been understood since it's founding that this was a school for girls."

Leanne seemed to be enjoying the debate. "The Count and Countess are aware of the slight inconvenience that some may perceive to be an issue, yet the Countess is here to request admittance as a student. She will not exercise any of her noble rights or authority while within these walls. She only wishes to pursue her education."

The headmistress turned her attention to Jewel. "And is this true?"

Jewel didn't have to look at Leanne to know he needed to play along. She still wasn't entirely certain this was seriously going to happen. She looked directly at the headmistress, answering "Yes Headmistress. It is true."

Leanne looked approvingly at Jewel. She had answered just as she had been trained.

"And we understand she is to reside here during the week with the other pupils, returning home on the weekends, just as the others do?" The teacher asked.

"No," Leanne answered. "Lady Delacroix knows that this is and always has been a boarding school. She will adhere to the same schedule as the other students, but she is to remain housed here until her husband calls for her."

This seemed to cause mild annoyance among the school staff.

"In that case there is the problem of rooming. She cannot share a dorm room with any of the other students, lest...ahh...modesty or chastity be compromised." The headmistress pronounced, leveling a firm gaze a Jewel.

"The count agrees to the stipulation that she shall have her own room and that room rent and tuition shall be adjusted accordingly." Leanne came prepared for every argument they could make and was enjoying the meeting immensely. She knew the interview was really a formality as she had seen to all the details previously.

The Headmistress looked first at Jewel's teacher and then at Mother Superior. Jewel noticed a slight not of assent each one gave before the headmistress turned to him and spoke again.

"Very well, we shall accept 'her' on a trial basis. As long as she is able to act as a proper lady and student then she will be welcome here. Of course she will be subject to all the rules the same as the other girls."

Jewel felt surprise and defeat; they were actually letting her in. This wasn't a joke, this was really happening.

Leanne smiled sweetly, like a kindly aunt, "Of course headmistress. We wouldn't have it any other way."

**

Leanne turned to Jewel. "Lady Delacroix, Your prescriptions are with the school nurse now. She will see that you take your medicine according to the doctors' orders."

You mean my bastard husband's orders, Jewel thought.

"My contract with you is at an end. As of now I am no longer your Chaperone, I am so proud of you and the progress you have made. I know you will do well here on your own. Remember that you represent the house of Delacroix and must act honorably."

Though surprised at the news and everything else that had happened this day, Jewel listened to Leanne's speech and didn't show any emotion or change in her expression. As far as she knew this was just one more way of setting her up for another humiliating experience.

"Where will you go now?" Jewel asked.

"I have been contacted by a local shipping magnate who seeks my assistance with his arranged marriage." Leanne spoke politely without revealing any real details. Confidentiality was one of her strongest traits. Jewel could read about everything in the society pages of the newspapers as it happened if she wanted to.

"I thank you for your service and will always remember what you have done." Jewel replied. She emphasized "what you have done" more than was necessary.

Leanne noticed the emphasis in Lady Delacroix's statement and that Jewel didn't exactly use the polite wording she had been trained to say. She held Lady Delacroix's gaze and saw her pretty yet expressionless face looking back.

She still does not appreciate all that we have done for her, Leanne thought. Leanne kissed Lady Delacroix on the forehead, surprising Jewel as she did so, then turned and walked out of the office.

Jewel stared blankly in space for quite some time after Leanne left. Was she really free of Leanne now? Was she actually out of her life?

12