The Girl Next Door

Story Info
Two old friends discover their feelings for each other.
21.3k words
4.82
29.8k
49
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Married69
Married69
257 Followers

It had been almost a year since Jake had last seen Brooke. It had been the longest they had ever been without seeing each other. For as long as either of them could remember they had lived next door to each other, seeing each other practically everyday, hanging out at school, walking home and sharing pretty much everything with each other, she was his best friend. 

Now at the age of 19, they were both at separate universities, studying different things, their lives taking new and diverse paths. He had expected to have seen her during their Christmas break, but she had called him a few days before he went home to say that she and her family were spending the holiday with her grandparents.  Jake was sad that he hadn't seen her, but knew there was nothing he could do about it. At the same time he knew he could have tried to keep better contact with her, instead spending the year partying with his housemates or in classes.

He had changed over the previous year. Where once he was scrawny and a bit lanky, he had bulked up with the influence of his friends encouraging him to go to the gym. It had worked too, his arms and shoulders had filled out and he was now starting to see the forming of a six pack coming through. He wondered if she would have changed as much as he had.

The morning after he arrived home, Jake went to join his mum as she was making breakfast, passing his things which were still piled up in the hallway. He could smell the bacon frying from his room, his mum breaking into a wide smile as he entered.

"Morning sweetheart, how did you sleep being back in your old room?" His mum, June, asked softly.

"As good as always mum, what you making?" He asked.

"Bacon, eggs, sausages are in the oven, with toast and coffee. Is that ok?" She asked knowing full well it would be.

"Sounds perfect, but you know I can cook now? I have looked after myself for the past year." He told her laughing at her motherly nature.

"Oh is that so? So I guess you don't want me to do your washing?"

"No, no, let's not go crazy here." He joked looking at the grin forming on her face. "I mean, I wouldn't want to take away all your favourite jobs."

"Little sod. Sit down, it will be ready in a minute."

It took longer than a minute but they were soon sitting down together to a hearty breakfast. His mum always tried to look after him as much as she could after his father had passed away a few years earlier. At first he felt guilty about leaving home for university, he didn't want her to be lonely, but he knew she wouldn't have wanted him to stay just for her.

They sat together eating their breakfast, catching up on the things they hadn't discussed the night before. It didn't take long for his mother to broach the subject of girls.

"So I noticed you haven't brought anyone home with you. You not seeing anyone?" His mum asked, trying to sound as casual as possible.

"No, my engineering course is pretty full on, I haven't really had the time." He lied easily. 

The truth was that university life hadn't worked out as he had hoped. He had expected crazy parties, like in the movies, with all single girls dancing around him, but it wasn't like that at all.  His flat had hosted some big parties which always ended up with going to a bar or nightclub in town. He had had a great time for his first year, but every girl he met had either not been interested or was in a relationship. It had been a year since the first and only time he'd had sex.

"Well that's ok, there's plenty of time for girls after university. You know that Brooke came home yesterday too?" She said, finally getting to where she was trying to direct him.

"Oh yeah. How is she?" He asked looking down at his food. He had hoped she would be home soon, but didn't want his mum getting any ideas, she had often made comments about the two of them and that they would have made the perfect couple.

"Why don't you go and see her today?"

"Mum, don't start. I'm sure I will bump into her. Is there anything you need me to do today?" He asked.

"Oh changing the subject are we? Fine, you know what I think." She added unable to help herself.

"We are friends. We have been friends forever. That's it, the end. I just got home, I don't want to argue, so please, any jobs you need me to do? Or will I just be sitting out in the garden drinking a beer?"

"No it's fine, there's nothing really I need you to do. You could mow the lawn while I'm out if you want. I'm going shopping."

An hour later, the sun was high in the sky, the temperature rising steadily, for English weather it was pretty nice. He got into the shed, pulling out the lawnmower, and set it up at the top of the garden. Within a few lengths of the lawn, he was already feeling warm, stripping out of his t-shirt, using it to wipe the sweat from his forehead.

"Remind me to order a gardener." Came a familiar voice behind him.

He turned round to see Brooke peering over the fence, her face and shoulders showing over the wood. 

"I don't think you could afford me." He replied trying to keep a serious face.

"I'm sure we could come to some arrangement." She bantered back as she hopped herself over the fence landing neatly.

She looked just as he remembered. Her long blonde hair resting casually over her shoulders, framing her slim face, her blue eyes almost shining in the brightness. She had filled out over the year just as he had, her legs only partially covered by a pair of blue shorts, her calves clearly defined. Her chest had grown too, her vest top showing a bigger cleavage than he remembered but she was still the quintessential girl next door.

"How you doing Jakey?" She asked, grabbing him around his shoulders, pulling him into a tight hug.

"I'm good, and please don't call me that. We're not ten anymore." He said smiling from ear to ear, he had missed her more than he thought.

"How long you been home? How come you haven't messaged me saying you were back? I had to see you out the window like some creepy pervert."

"You didn't have to keep staring out the window, you would have seen me soon enough. You missed me?" He asked laughing at her absurdity. They hadn't spoken properly in ages but as soon as they were back home it was as if they had seen each other only the day before.

"How could I not, I need my best friend." She replied pulling him in for another hug.

He had never felt this strange attraction to her before. He wasn't sure whether it was the time they had spent apart, or the way that they had both changed, but he was looking at her in a completely different light now.

The lawn was soon forgotten about as they pulled out two loungers from the shed and took up their place, soaking in as much sun as they could. The conversation started flowing quickly, the pair reverting back to how they had always been, discussing their university experiences and how it felt being back home. After an hour, Jake's mum had returned home, joining them out in the garden with a knowing smile on her face. 

"I see the lawn is going well." She joked as she approached them, carrying out three bottles of beer and joining them sitting on the lawn. 

"I'm sorry June, that's my fault, I distracted him." Brooke answered. She had always had a great relationship with Jake's mum, often treating her as a surrogate mother.

"It's fine, I'm kidding. It's nice to see you two together again." She said with a knowing smile. Jake knew that she would say something later, his mother could never help herself.

"Mum..." Jake said, cutting her off before she said something suggestive.

"Fine, fine, I will leave you two to it. Are you staying for dinner Brooke?" 

"It depends, what you having?" She asked jokingly, Jake knew she would stay no matter what they were eating.

"It's an easy night for me tonight. I was thinking of ordering a couple of pizzas. I will get Jake cooking over the next few days, so you might want to stay while the food is edible." His mum joked, winking at her son.

"Then count me in, but you can cook Jake?" Brooke asked him.

"That remains to be seen." His mother cut over him. "I'm going inside, got some work to get done, you two have fun." She got up suddenly leaving them alone, heading back into the house.

Conversation soon returned after a few jokes from Brooke about how Jake had become domesticated over the past year at university.

"What are your plans for the summer than? You seeing anyone? You going away anywhere?" Jake asked, trying to ask his real question casually.  They had both seen other people over the years but nothing had really stuck for either of them, for multiple reasons.

"Nothing, not anymore but I should have been, I should have been flying out to Egypt day after tomorrow." Brooke blurted out, answering his questions in order.

"Ok explain." Jake demanded. It was usual for them to speak in short sentences or in their own style.

"Not much to tell really. I was dating this guy from university but it ended a few months ago, I always suspected that he was seeing other people but I could never prove it. Unfortunately we had booked to go away on holiday together, but because we went for a cheap holiday, it was non-refundable, so we couldn't get the money back." She explained quickly. She looked disappointed that she wouldn't be going abroad.

"That sucks, I'm sorry. I wish I had booked somewhere, even if I went on my own, need to get out of here for a while." Jake told her.

"Why would you go on your own? You not dating anyone? No one you would want to go away with?" Brooke asked suddenly interested, like him she was feeling the attraction between them and had hoped that he wasn't with anyone.

"Nope, I'm single. University didn't exactly play out like I expected it to." He went on to explain his poor luck with women over the past year. He felt embarrassed admitting his very limited experience, but knew he could trust her not to laugh or judge him, and he was right.

"So you haven't been with anyone since Chloe?" She of course knew of him losing his virginity to his school prom date, she also knew he had been disappointed with the experience, it lasting a lot shorter than he had expected.

"No I haven't, please don't judge, I'm know I'm a loser." He said slightly unhappily.

"Don't, you're not a loser, just had some bad luck. You are a good looking guy, you will find the right person when the time is right. Screw it, come with me." Brooke suddenly announced, her face lighting up with glee.

"Go with you where? I thought you were staying here for dinner?" Jake asked confused.

"Not right now idiot. On holiday. Come on holiday to Egypt with me. No listen, I got the booking, I can change the name of the passenger for the flight, the hotel won't care and won't exactly check ID. Come with me, it sounds like we could both do with the escape."

"Are you insane? I can't just drop everything and go for.... How long were you meant to be going for?" He asked. His mind was racing with the possibilities. He wasn't sure though how he would cope being with her 24 hours a day after realising his new feelings for her.

"Six nights. The place is great, four different pools, loads of bars and restaurants, loads of trips we could go on, and it's adults only, so no kids around. We leave in two days." She told him, no longer asking if he wanted to go with their. Jake didn't see that she was having the same thoughts as he was, feeling that same attraction to him.

"Whoa, I haven't said I can go yet, I got stuff to do, I'm sure mum wants help with things, I've only just got home, let alone the money, I'm not sure I can afford it at the moment." Jake told her honestly, although he knew he could always take it from his savings if he had to.

"Don't worry about the cost, the flights and hotel are already paid for, that dick already paid for it, it's all inclusive too so you wouldn't need much spending money, please, don't make me beg, let's go away together." Brooke pleaded.

"But, but....." He stammered trying to think of other excuses.  "Fuck it, let's do it. We have had a busy year of partying, we deserve this." Jake submitted.

"Yeah exactly. Right, two days and we go. I will sort out the change of details but we need a lift to the airport though....." 

"That's fine, one second.... Mum?" Jake called, hoping his mother would hear him in the house.

His mum quickly appeared in the garden, as if she had been listening. She quickly agreed to take them to the airport, not even making a joke about the two of them going away together. It wasn't until later that night when Brooke had gone home that she made any comment about the two of them.

"So the two of you going away together eh?" June asked thoughtfully.

"Mum stop, please, I know what you're going to say and you can save it." He told her not unkindly.

"Ok, ok I won't say anything, I always told you I would like her as a future daughter in law."

"Mum." Jake snapped again.

"Ok ok ok, I will stop, just hope she booked a twin room, and not a double....." she added as she went to bed.

Jake went to bed soon after his mother, thinking about the holiday. He hadn't thought about the sleeping arrangements, but knew he wouldn't mind sleeping in the same bed with her. His mind was back on her and her body as he got into bed. She had filled out nicely over the past year, her body very different from the thin, wiry frame that he had last seen from her. He was mostly surprised by her breasts, before she had left they were far smaller, barely filling the dress she wore on that final school formal, where he had last seen her dressed up. Now, they were much larger, as if her growth spurt had concentrated on all the right areas.

He found it difficult to fall asleep. He realised he hadn't masturbated for a few days, being busy and not horny with the move back home.  As he thought about Brooke, his arousal increased steadily, causing his dick to grow painfully in his boxers. He quickly stripped out of them, leaving him naked on his bed. He took his cock in his hand, stroking it smoothly, thinking about Brooke, wondering what she was up to. It was the first time he had gotten himself off while thinking of his best friend, it didn't take long, blowing his load within a few minutes. He cleaned himself up as quickly as he could, resting his head back on the pillow as he drifted off to sleep, not knowing that Brooke was still awake, doing exactly the same thing.

Jake spent the next day getting ready for the trip. The quickest job he had was to find his passport as his mother had kept it safe for him. The rest of the day was dedicated to shopping. 

"What's this?" He asked as his mother handed him an envelope.

"Just a bit of cash. I know what you students are like and you haven't asked me for anything, so please take this and go shopping, call Brooke and take her with you."

"Mum, I don't want to take your money." He replied trying to hand her back the envelope.

"Well, you're taking it. You never ask me for anything, the least I can do is pay for some clothes for your holiday." She told him, returning to her coffee.

Jake knew better than to argue, also thinking that it would be good to have a woman's opinion, he took her advice and called Brooke. Brooke was delighted with the offer, she had always tried to get Jake to go shopping with her, and was ready to leave within the hour.

During the ride to the shopping centre she told him about the holiday and what the hotel had to offer. 

"I'm thinking I might go diving you know?" She told him as she looked at the snorkelling gear while he looked at clothes.

"That's just for snorkelling, diving requires a tank and weight belts and a wetsuit." He told her laughing. He hated shopping, she had already dragged him into three different shops, getting him to try on everything she had picked out for him. 

"I wouldn't need a wetsuit. It's the Red Sea, the water is warm. Whatever, I'm still getting it, and getting you one too. It's time we get back to doing fun things like when we were kids. It can't be difficult, you put your head under the water and breathe, simple."

Including lunch and Brooke's coffee break, they were back at the house by mid afternoon. His mum had already pulled out a suitcase for him, setting it out on his bed ready for him. Brooke went back home to finish packing, being back at his before dinner. As it was an early morning flight, they had decided that she would stay at his place tonight, knowing it would be easier when they woke up.

Jake's mum had dinner with them but then left them alone, saying she wanted to go to sleep early if she was to be driving to the airport. They stayed down in the living room watching some low budget movie, both too excited to go to bed yet. It took another half hour until they had finished the movie and Brooke had turned the station over to 'Naked Attraction'.

"If you are planning on watching this, I'm going to bed." He told her abruptly.

"Oh come on it's funny. Don't you want to see all the naked women?" She asked him seriously.

"I wouldn't mind that but whenever I turn it on I get a face full of dicks."

"Well, let's just.... see, there, it's the girls turn this time. You get five naked women to look at." She said, keeping hold of the tv remote and settling back into the sofa.

"Fine." He said doing the same, trying to keep the grin off his face, he didn't mind seeing naked women.

Within a few minutes, he was seeing five different pussies in front of him as Brooke giggled away from her side of the sofa. All looked different but he liked the third girl's, a nice soft pink colour with a thin landing strip above it.

"Liking it now?" She asked him, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah it's not bad, but I'm more of a tits man." He told her, unable to not take a brief look at Brooke's breasts. 

"I can tell. That's about the fourth time I've caught you looking at mine. I'm not even wearing anything revealing." She said drawing further attention to her chest. She was wrong of course, she was wearing a thin strapped top that showed her bra straps and a good amount of cleavage.

"What do you call revealing then?" He asked. "I've got a good view from here."

"That's because you haven't gotten laid in ages, you wouldn't be looking otherwise. Ok, here you go, tits time."

Jake returned his attention to the scene in time for all the women to expose their breasts. Jake wasn't one for judging either positively or negatively on a woman's figure but he was particularly impressed with number three again and number 5. Number five had large breasts, with wide areolas and large nipples. He could tell they were fake but he couldn't help it. Number three had a flat stomach, not toned, her breasts were a more subtle, modest size, more than a handful with inch wide areolas framing her perfect nipples. Jake almost wanted to reach through the TV and touch them.

"Those are how mine used to be." Brooke interrupted his thoughts.

"Which ones?" He asked, only half hearing her.

"Number one. My tits used to be that small. Now they are more like number three'." She told him, seeing his face light up.

"Wow, they look good. They are my favourite that I can see." He told her. "But now you brought it up, can I ask a question?"

"What happened? What happened to my tits? Is that what you wanted to ask?" She asked knowing full well, and not upset by it.

"Well, yeah." He said looking away from her shyly.

"I didn't get surgery if that's what you are asking. I don't really know to be honest, after I lost my cherry I sort of developed further, my tits grew and my ass got a bit rounder." She was glad he was finally looking at her as a woman, and not just his best friend.

"You look amazing, really. I'm not saying you didn't look good then, but now you look...." He trailed off, unable to find the right word that he was looking for.

Married69
Married69
257 Followers