All Comments on 'The Healer Pt. 06'

by AfterDusk

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
Admiralbird348Admiralbird348over 5 years ago
??

Wasn’t all this in chapter 5? What trickery is this Dusk:)) E.

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 5 years ago
All over again

I felt like I just reread the last chapter over again instead of moved on with the story. I feel like Vadim is great and hope the two of them end up ruling together when Quell dies without an heir from sheer stubbornness. Or when she gets pregnant and has a female centaur because they are going at it with no birth control. But really when Quell does and she can’t save Lynette, they will have an amazing relationship built out of heartache to become super strong.

It was great to get Vadim’s perspective, but I feel like it could have happened in a memory sequence as he walked back to his Lynette. We could have read about his sex life and the conversation they made about mating while he was sitting there before she came in and thought about the rest of the conversation as he meandered slowly back. And then promptly fierce loved on his new mate.

AfterDuskAfterDuskover 5 years agoAuthor

I tend not to write linearly, as in sometimes I’ll skip over complete chunks and write a scene that happens much later only to eventually backtrack and fill in the missing bits. This was a part of the story that I did that in and I had a rough time getting up the gumption to fill it in, so in order to find my love of the story again I figured I’d do a little writing exercise and change up the perspective of this bit so I could detail the relationship between Lynette and Vadim.

Once it became clear that their relationship is atypical I realized that without the reader’s understanding of their dynamic, later parts of the story would seem unlikely so I figured I’d publish it anyways even though the change of perspective is a bit jarring and it was a mini story. One day when I finish it all and go through to edit it, I will figure out how to integrate it better. I submitted this part at the same time as the previous part with the intention that they be published together but there was a huge delay. The next few parts were submitted yesterday so they will hopefully be out soon.

Fair warning-even though so far the perspective has been limited to Coral thus far, it won’t be going forward. Again, I might edit the previous bits later on so that it isn’t so jarring.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 5 years ago
Was this chapter at all necessary?

I don't think so. No new information. Didn't make me like Vadim any more... Can we get back to Coral and Quell now?

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 5 years ago
Unnecessary chapter

that didn't add anything to the story. Let's get back to the main characters.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348over 5 years ago
Thanks

For explaining that. I thought I was having massive dejavue lol

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAfterDusk@AfterDusk
503 Followers
I write things. Sometimes I share them here, but maybe only less than 20%. Yes, I know I have a few unfinished stories...and I will finish them all, eventually. I appreciate the time you take to read my musings; please vote and leave a constructive comment. As the saying...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES