The Imprisoned Spirit

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The anesthetist was not quite so cheerful. "There is no doubt that putting you under for even 40 minutes is a high risk venture! The state of your lungs is precarious to say the least and your heart is definitely operating at well below ideal levels. I am almost inclined to say, that maybe you should consider an epidural anesthetic, which is a relatively new, and to some extent, a relatively experimental techniques."

He then went to explain how this worked. It was basically an anesthetic block introduced in the lower part of the spine, which made everything below the block lose all feeling. However there were some risks! There had been isolated cases where the feeling did not return - extremely rare he told us. Also, sometimes the block did not work, but that was not a problem, as he would then convert to the normal process of administering a whole body one. He emphasized that the patient - Marlene - would thus be awake, while they cut off her legs! But he would administer a mild sedative, to reduce her acknowledgement of what was going on, to a very minimal level.

When asked what the risk actually was for the operation to be carried out under "normal" anesthetic, he answered that it was really a difficult one, but he thought that there was at least a risk of more than 10% of "very serious" complications during the surgery. When pushed he admitted that death was one of the possible complications.

We asked the doctor to step out while we discussed this latest input between ourselves. I made it clear this was Marlene's decision 100% and that I would support whatever she decided. Marlene was in no doubt. Why risk death if we can avoid it, was her approach, "I will make sure they don't hold up a mirror to watch them cut off my legs!"

Denise then burst into tears, "Fuck Marlene, this is not a comedy! Losing your legs is not a walk in the park!"

Her answer was typical, "Ahh, but I can't walk in the park anyway!" But then her bravado also ended, and she burst into tears, and the two sisters wound up holding onto each other crying their hearts out. I was cut up about it too, but really, there was nothing I could do to relieve the situation in anyway. So it was decided - epidural tomorrow.

When she came out of the theatre, it had hardly been 45 minutes since she went in! She now was really a short figure covered in a blanket with a tent over the lower part of her body and where her thighs were. She was awake and sort of with it, although she was obviously under pain medication. We each held a hand and wiped her brow. "Well it's over", she mumbled, "No chance that I will ever walk now I guess!"

The main surgeon came out and spoke to us, "We managed to avoid cutting through just about all the muscle, which should result in a lot less pain, than most in this situation would have, but time will tell if that is so. Otherwise everything went well, and the edipural did it's job. Marlene did not feel a thing, and we managed to work just that little bit slower and more carefully as a result, and so the end result was a neater set of stumps, which will also heal faster, and be less sensitive I hope, and not be prone to further diabetic induced blood flow issues."

Babs came in shortly after this, and was quite clearly affected in a major way by what had happened, even though we had kept her apprised of everything the whole way through. She also was crying, and went to Marlene and gave her a long hug. She then composed herself, and cornered the doctor to discuss medication, and get to know all potential risks and symptoms to keep a lookout for. She then further went down to the iCU with Marlene, where Marlene would spend a few days to check on how they were going to handle her, as there were very specific needs, such as regularly turning her to prevent any bedsores, fluid intake, glucose monitoring etc. We were banished at that point, and so decided to head for home for a change, and then come back during visiting hours, as we were both pretty exhausted by the emotional strain we had been through.

On the way home, Denise casually remarked that I now had to only deal with one set of fucked up legs in future! "Oh God, I don't believe I said that!" was her immediate comment. "I am so horny now I could scream! What's wrong with me!" She leaned across and grabbed my dick which had sort of come alive, "Please fuck me when we get home - I really need it now, even though I do not understand this at all, and I feel I am almost being unfaithful to Marlene!" Kaitlyn was on play date and sleepover with friends so there was no one at home to pose a problem. When we got home she started getting out with her crutches but I swept her up, took her inside and put her on her bed still fully dressed. Slipped off her trousers and underwear, tearing the panties on her braces, dropped my pants and then folding up her braced legs onto her chest, made violent love to her. She came several times and I was totally depleted.

Fortunately, I had closed the bedroom door when we came in, as Babs arrived and made it clear she was there, by banging a few things together! We composed ourselves, and came out after a while, but it was pretty obvious what had happened, but Babs knew anyway about the threesome arrangement, so she very discreetly ignored our obvious post-coital state, and carried on making coffee for all of us.

Marlene healed surprisingly quickly, which was an excellent sign and a massive relief to all concerned, and after ten days was allowed to come home. Initially she was quite upset at her new body which was now scarcely 4 foot long and weighed probably less than 22 kg. But on the plus side, her colour was better, and the doctor was very happy with her heart and general state, with the circulation having definitely improved.

The doctor approved Babs taking out the stitches, as she in fact was a qualified nurse. Marlene had taken it for granted that we would simply continue where we left, off as soon as she got home! As I did not, or could not actually enter her anyway, I found that her legs - or stumps really, as they were only about 4 inches long now - really did not get in the way anymore, and I could get to her pussy with tongue and mouth quite a lot better now. The first time was just the two of us, and she really climaxed at what seemed to me to be a new level, although it could be the fact that she had no sex for near on two weeks! After this time, I seriously started thinking about sound proofing the room a bit because I was sure that everyone in the house, and maybe the neighbourhood, heard her that night. We already had double glazing, and there was a lot of insulation in the ceiling, but the internal walls were timber with cladding and the door was not a solid one. I mentally added this to my list of things to look into!

Not long after Marlene became a bilateral amputee, we were in the usual threesome, when Marlene asked me to stop my ministrations to her pussy, as I was hurting her. I stopped immediately, and then took a careful look at what could be causing the problem! I saw that there were signs of abrasion and was extremely puzzled by this. "What has happened here Marlene?" I asked her directly.

"Oh shit, I was waiting for the right time to tell you folks, but I guess that time is now! Babs and I are also lovers! We have been for some time, but I never found the "right time" to tell either of you! It's not as if I am not in love with the both of you, it's just that she and I have a more one-on-one thing, and we have been getting up to all kinds of stuff, and she and I have worked out many ways to satisfy each other!"

"So she has found a new toy which, we were trying out and it sort of irritated my pussy a little bit, while giving some serious pleasure to me. That is what you are seeing. We have been lovers for some time, and it's not that she is replacing you two at all - just that she and I have something different and special." We both, that is Denise and I, recognized that Marlene and Babs had a lot of time as Denise worked as a free lawyer service 4 days a week and I worked full time, so Marlene had several hours every day, while neither of us were with her, or even in the house. This also explained Babs' reaction in the hospital which I had found a bit strange at the time, but anyway, I did not put two and two together right then.

However, some 4 months later, it became obvious to both Denise and I, that Marlene was more inclined to be with Babs than with either of us, and so one rather grim night with a bit of a thunderstorm battering the house, we tackled her straight on about this. "Okay Marlene, time to spit it out!! Just be decent enough to tell us exactly where we stand with you and the Babs affair? Would you rather settle for a sole relationship with Babs and we remain good friends without any side orders? Or do you want to have all of us still? As things stand, it is a bit unfair on both Denise and I to continue with the current status."

"Oh God, I love you all to bits, but if it is Okay with you two, then I would settle on Babs full time, as she and I really have grown intensely close. I have been dreading trying to get the courage to tackle this, but in some ways I am a coward, and could not bear hurting either one of you, especially as you have both been my saviour in many ways that neither of you will probably ever realise!" And so we ended our sexual relationship with Marlene, but we all had some extremely fond and many hot memories of our times in bed!

With that dramatic simplification of my life, I realized how much I loved Denise and also how close I had got to Kaitlyn, to the extent that she had taken to calling me "pops" so I asked Denise to marry me! She agreed subject to us continuing to stay in the house with Marlene, as we both knew, but never discussed, where Marlene was going slowly.

It took another 5 years, during which Denise had our son, before Marlene's body finally gave up the battle. Babs stayed with her to the end, and Marlene had arranged to leave her a small fortune in her will, and surprisingly, Babs asked us if she could stay on as a Nanny to the kids as, "I feel I am part of this family in some ways, so it makes sense for me to help these youngsters to grow up in the right way!"

We welcomed the additional hand with the kid's because Denise was starting to get a bit slower with post-polio syndrome affecting her generally, except in the bedroom thankfully!