The Loner of Halloween Night

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nitida thought for a moment while Tripp led the way.

"is there a forest nearby or a grove at least?"

"Yeah, there is, the south side there's a large forest, tho people barely go there why?"

She just smirked, "I'm a dryad if lesser silly with all this essence within me I may be able to help in evading our suspicious busy bees."

"you're right!" of course nature spirit, magic all that stuff, "I know where follow me."

"Lucky me Mr loner."

"A loner who enjoys too many midnights walks but come on before they realise we've spotted them."

Nitida who was far more excited by this than he was followed him with complete devoted trust while Tripp couldn't stop twitching like a paranoid mess.

They were still following even as they made it to the edge of Homeward Heaven Forest, a large place that was said to be the begging of the city using the wood to build houses, the mountain range to the east providing a natural safety.

Still, this place had some deep history with the city often left alone, a perfectly chilling place to spend Halloween night, for the place was little with old abandoned cottage and home for weary lumberjacks.

"This place," Nitida slowly down a little both stepping inside the forest her feet singing into the soil, "it has this dreadful aura hopefully it won't cloud my ability."

That didn't sound good.

"Ability? You still haven't told me the plan?"

With a small smile, a gentle hand wrapped around his waist pulling the nervous man in.

"Trust me my friend, my feet between actual soul I can sense where they go and which ways to avoid them, hopefully, I and you can slip past them and be on our way back to your dwelling, to enjoy the rest of the night in sweet passionate bliss."

She did have an odd way with words but it interested him, allured him really with a firm look they headed in no doubt their mysterious followers were close behind.

Darkness consumed the place with only the light from Tripp phone Nitida didn't need such a thing, her eyes closed feet dragging through the fallen leaves.

"there four of them," She spoke chillingly and so suddenly, "all male."

"How can you tell their male?"

"the heavy steps of their feet the power of their stomps they are anger very angry."

Then who the fuck were they? It couldn't possibly be Atlas and his mate from the party Nitida knocked him outright?

"Wait, Tripp."

"What! We should keep moving!"

"it pointless now," she spoke a little worried sad even, "I didn't expect them to be so fast."

"What do you mean! Nitida talk to me!"

"Were trapped."

"Trapped! How?"

"They've surrounded us," the worst-case happening, "their faster and smarter, while back they had split up but with all this...Dread I couldn't sense them all at once, I wasn't expecting this...I'm sorry."

Terrified helpless, the two stood exposed in a small opening the cold wing brushing again both rustling of the leaves between their feet. The sound of crackling dead leaves and sticks drew their attention, Tripp's light pales in comparison to the others that had suddenly been switched on.

Four men walked out all covered with hoodies and jackets there costume being only barely visible.

"Ah, my little pumpkin with," some the voice in front of them, clearly recognisable and disturbing.

"Atlas! What the hell are you doing here!? Why are you following us?"

The intimidating devilishly handsome man only chuckled a smug grin plastered on his face, stepping closer into the light from all sides his four friends his mates like loyal dogs letting the master have this show.

"Why? Because you both humiliated me!" he shouted suddenly his voice echoed, "I get bitch slapped by some 18-year-old girl! My home is completely ruined! My parents are going to Fucking kill me! After everything I just...I want payback and what a perfect spot huh, all alone in the woods, you knew we were following yet you came here, such fucking idiots."

He and his twisted friend laugh all ready for a fight all ready to do something very illegal.

"Don't worry we only going to give you a beating..but the girl she's teases us all far enough to simply be ignored."

Nitida only brought herself closer to Tripp worried as he hugged her close waning to protect her yet he knew he couldn't.

"Y-You know that a fuck up crime!"

Atlas merely shrugged so wrapped up in his own anger and pride that he no longer cared.

"Look like I 'll just have to make sure you both keep quiet."

"You lot are really going to let him do this!?" Nitida shouted turning to the other men in some hope for them to see the mortality of what they were doing.

"Hey I'm only doing this to get laid I saw you scurrying around shaking that cute ass, I wanna rip off that dress and make you scream," the rip of aqua man...Was he meant to be Poseidon? spoke licking his lips.

"Yeah Creek is definitely the fucked up one but Atlas isn't the only one humiliated, we have our own reputation to hold," Darren, a part of the boxing club, the guy dressed like Ares spoke.

Clenched his fist together.

Atlas just laughed no longer needing to hide his sadistic personality no need to hide anything they were alone, four muscular men against a lesser dryad and the loner.

Tripp was frozen unable to move as the men came in closer, Nitida could feel his heart face the fear in his eyes even now trying to shield her protect her from what was to come...She was pissed.

"D-Don't worry, everything will be fine," Tripp whispered trying to comfort Nitida, whoever she didn't respond.

She was glaring right at Atlas watching the grin only fuelled her rage.

"I won't let you hurt him!" she finally responded, holding Tripp close grabbing his hand tightly becoming his defender in this dark forest.

"And what are you going to do about it, little pumpkin witch?"

Moving with focus, a purpose she turned and dragged Tripp away from him planing to head deeper into the forest where she would feel safe.

"Get them!"

Darren and the one dressed as Hades, Garth, got in their way but Nitida was having non of it as soon as the first guy got close she punched him hard in the face sending him stumbled back, while the other guy Darren got elbowed hard in the jaw dazing him, not expecting the speed and strength of such an attack.

The path leading deeper into the forest lay before them taking it Nitida grip on her close friend held tightly

"You idiots!" Atlas distant voice reached their ears, "follow them!"

Panting running as fast as they could through the dark spooky forest heading nowhere just forward.

"Nitida where are we going!?"

"I don't know! Anywhere but here!"

"They're going to catch us!"

She panicked knowing they were but rushing.

the strict and bushed brushing past them, she was unaffected however Tripp unfairly wasn't. Thorns, needles scratched his face making him slower which only grew Nitida's own fears.

If those men caught him, he's going to get hurt...Badly.

She tried reaching out, calling silently for help hoping there may be some nature spirit or any something for that matter to aid her and her friend, but when she reached out she found something, something that might help.

"This way!" she turned to the right heading on, Tripp silently follow.

Having barely any energy to carry one.

"They went this way!" A voice shouted from their pursuers.

Tripp had no idea where they were going but the scratch on his hands, his face was slowly beginning to sting, using his phone as a light to even see, leaving him to wonder where the hell were they even going? Then as if answering his own question he found out.

An abandoned cottage, right there no light or anything on, how did...he didn't question it, just was hopeful of it.

"There!" Nitida word caught his ear.

With the little energy he had he picked up the pace heading to the cottage the thing was eerie and impressive but clearly abandoned able to stand the test of time for so long, Tripp tried the door surprising finding it was unlocked.

"Quickly inside!" Tripp commented they both did slamming the door close.

About to go for the lock however the lock looked to be broken, guess that's why it was even unlocked in the first place.

"Fuck we could barricade the door! Just let me call the-"

The flickering of his phone, the light which helped illuminate what was around him faded, just his luck checking it...no battery, series!? He charged the bastard already why did it have to die now!

"No, no no!" Tripp's distress voice go Nitida attention, "my phone dead! I can't call the police! We're screwed!"

Pacing around in a blind panic his shoes hit the creek wooden floor panting while Nitida could only watch distressed a little herself.

"It's my fault!" Tripped suddenly said, "I should of never let you into that party! I knew Atlas was going to...I don't know!"

"No, it's my fault!" Nitida jumped in making him focus on her, "it's my fault for never being open to you about my problem, it's my fault for hitting him! And humiliated him! I should have controlled my wrath."

She looked deflated saddened hugging her arms away from him.

"You was my first friend and to have him mock you so cruel in front of all those people...I just lost it."

Tripp watch her heard the gentle sobs of her sweet voice looking away bitterly clenching his fist turning back angrily to the door, before back to his first friend in a long long time.

She had no idea that asshole would have a loose screw, the girl only wanted to enjoy this night and now this? No, he wouldn't let this ruin her night.

Walking over to her wrapping his arm around her oddly warm body trying to soothe the guilty woman he cared deeply for, the only one to give him so much joy.

The one who didn't make him so lonely on Halloween night.

He won't abandon or let those fuckers hurt her.

"It's all Atlas's fault," he said she like that answer a lot more than before, "I may have an idea."

She looks up her eye now tiny, tiny hopefully flames.

"I'll...stay and distract them while you run off-"

"No!" she escaped him turned angry at the suggestion, "I won't abandon you again I'm staying here with you!"

"Nitida! This is more than that! what if they learned what you were! And told everyone! Your life your kind it all would be in danger!"

"I won't be able to forgive myself if I just left you to them! They're going to hurt you! Maybe even something worst!"

"I'll be fine! They're not going to kill me! Just some burst maybe a black eye, tho can heal you being discovered what they will do to you! That won't heal so easily."

"I still don't like it! I'm stubborn as an old oak, I won't leave you!" she said making Tripp cross his arms trying to think.

"then what do we do then?"

She was silently needing to think of anything her refusal to backstab and betray his friend. Finding it sweet he would sacrifice himself like a knight riding toward a mighty dragon, b but she won't be the princess in distress.

Nitida could fight but It would reveal what she was, that she was inhuman and they couldn't run knowing they quickly found them, in here was at least a little safer than out there, with the little time they had left the lesser being looked around this old abandoned place hoping to find something anything she and Tripp could use.

The very room she and her companion was in.

The room was sacred of anything really useful, the purpose being some sort of kitchen with the living room to the right and ahead was maybe once a dining room cobwebs and dust cover every inch of this place it would have been complete darkness if it wasn't for the moonlight that was aiding them.

She looked toward a slightly open door the whole dining area was covered in darkness, something Tripp couldn't see but she could, slowly something came to her pumpkin mind, an idea.

"Where does that door over there lead? By the far wall," she pointed Tripp was forced to squint just to notice it.

"I have no idea, probably a basement," he shivers, "God I've heard stories about these places."

"Oh," she suddenly sounded interested, "go on."

Confused he carried on for her.

"Old wives tales of coming to these places would bring misfortune, it why they were never torn down, evil spirits and such from the dead that died here all alone, this whole forest is a haunting ground for them as a lot of mysterious stuff has happened in these woods, why?"

He said nothing saying it is all most likely true, sprits and evil for if a kind nature spirit like Nitida could exist so could evil possessive ones.

A wooden finger to her pumpkin chin, something rambling that might be their salvation.

"I have a plan, and it's possibly the most perfect plan which could only succeed on Halloween night."

"Well, what is it?"

turning giving him the serious look the ember burn filled with fear but also hope.

"You trust me don't you?"

"Of course why?"

She was nervous covering her whole body holding onto her hat looking down at her hands fiddling them a little, before clutching them tightly a frown on her face

"I...will do what I must to protect my friend...Whatever the cost"

By the cypted why she said it he had a bad feeling about it, "you aren't seriously going to reveal yourself! Do you know how dangerous-"

With only a sweet smile a gentle hand on Tripp trembling cold cheek, she kisses him deeply and passionately trying to calm his fears

"I don't care, I have a plan...So do you trust me?"

Seeing the look she had hope In this plan it was more than he could or would come up with, so the young man nodded.

"Yes."

"Great," she smile an evil look was born of excitement and thrill, "here what we're going to do."

###

"You think there in there?" Atlas spoke.

He and the guys were standing outside a cottage one Creek had seen them run to earlier.

"Of course, I doubt they run they both or Tripp at least was looking pretty tried."

"Yeah the loner is not a runner but the girl is surprising fast...and tough," Darren grumbled rubbing his jaw when she elbow him, he defiantly going to repay her for that.

"Enough, we get in there fast and grab them before they have any time to run."

Forcing the door open finding it was unlocked all four men entered the abandoned cottage.

The place didn't look special just a dusty old abandoned College one of the few that littered the forest oh how he remember in his youth when he snuck down here with the girls he like for some 'fun'.

"Creek, Garth you go looking for them, me and Darren will stay here In case they think of making a run for it."

They nodded running off leaving both men to wander aimlessly Atlas sitting on an old chair while Darren just turned to him something on his mind.

"Atlas, do you think this is all worth it?"

"The fuck you say, Darren?"

The guy cross his arm scoffing at the comment but ignored it leaning on the kitchen counter watching him.

"I mean it, we're probably going to do something messed up, I have a future ahead of me I don't want this to come back and haunt us."

"Well if you so much of a pussy leave! There nothing stopping you or anyone here."

"You also have a future, would you-"

"Shut it with this little heart to heart, I'm a laughing stock," he growled gritting his teeth trying to control his anger, "the big jock bitch slapped by a little witch, a completely ruined house I mean that caped guy broke the pool table! Just...How do you break a pool table!"

"It is what you get for inviting that guy, he may be the life o the party but...still didn't your parent say no more parties to begin with?"

"Just fuck off once we find those two I'll-"

"Found one!" Creek shouted both men turning to see who it was.

Atlas hoped it was the girl, Darren hoped it was the guy.

Coming out...Tripp, trapped in Creek and Garth's clutches who tried struggling, seeing the other unable to find the witch he stormed up to Tripp still trying to escape.

Atlas was pissed, "where the girl!?"

"Fuck you!" He shouted glaring, "She's long gone."

"Oh, how rich you playing the bait? Letting her getaway? You know she doesn't give a shit."

He said nothing which just pissed him off seeing the chair he was once sitting on he grabbed it putting it in front of him.

"Well he can at least give us some ideas," he spoke bring something out from his pocket cable tie.

Tripp was thrown to him and against his will, his hands tied up behind him to the freaking chair! They had planned for this! Tripp thought, no one just finds cable ties and not to use them.

Remembering correctly Atlas's father was a big-time construction worker for the city or something like that so he must have found some lying around in a draw.

He chuckled, the twisted thing echoing, all men has moved to Atlas side with was an incredibly intimating line-up of the college's most athletic and popular guys all staring.

Tripp was trapped just beyond the darkness only the low torch illuminated the room but nothing further.

"Now, here's what going to happen you going to talk and we will be on our way we're mostly interested In the girl."

"I'm not telling you anything I mean are you really going to."

"We are going to do what we want to that little bitch now tell us mother fucker where is she!?"

"I don't know! She's probably back at the town by now...you've lost."

Atlas rubbed his face knowing this is going to be problematic looking over to his fellow assholes who were content to just stand there and watch like dumb animals, then his thought to the radiant woman of the hour.

"I do wonder where you found such an angry little minx."

"In...Old Well's pumpkin pitch," Tripp surprisingly answered him.

"The fuck was the both of you doing there? That old geezer."

"It non of your business."

"Probably something nasty that all I can think of," Creek commented.

"Shut up!" Tripp shouted glaring at them watching all four of them in a row, his back to the darkness of the dining room, "you have no idea who she is what she like if I'm stuck here getting beaten up then it's worth it!"

"Just shut the fuck up with the hero talk!" Atlas rolled his eyes, in a blind rage went for him swing a might punch...but he oddly missed for the chair was pulled back a little.

They all froze confused all glancing at one another on the hell that happened he tried again ready to slug him right in the-

He missed again the chair dragged back.

"What the hell!" he shouted stepping back confused, he was a pretty good fighter how was he missing someone stuck in a chair? In all the confusion they hadn't noticed something.

All while Tripp had been talking roots, stems had slowly begun to sliver like snHalloweenthe old ground heading right before his chair gentle wrapping around it.

Now of them noticed on till it was too late for it was the one dressed as hades who noticed.

"Are those snakes!?" He quickly first getting all therewith

"No! There's some kind of roots!"

From there everything happened so fast, the slight wood which was sneaking before charged like wild vipers, rushing wrapping around Trip chair, he struggled in confusion and fear!

"What the fuck!" Tripp shouted as more and more vine wrapped around him and the chair, "What is this! Help me!" he cried out to them now, non of them move paralysed by fear as more and more slowly consumed him.

In a wild blind panicked before he could even scream roots coiled around his mouth and before all of them, his muzzled scream was the only thing left as he was hauled into the darkness.

All men just lost it.

"What the fuck is that!"

"I don't know! Tho old rumours! they can be true right!?"

Atlas didn't know what the hell to think the mad mumbling of the men around him did help clear his tormented head.

"Ok shut up, shut up!" He grabbed the torch with a shaky hand pointing it toward the haunting darkness.

1...345678