The Lost Prince Bk. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Colin?"

"Mom?"

He looked down at her and saw tears. But they weren't natural. He had seen her cry before. Her tears sparkled, as did her smile. Just like Kasey. Only now, they were thick, black and left trails over her skin. Her wings were the same. They had lost their glow and her feathers were fraying.

Colin turned to Michael, who was standing by with a snarl. He was upright, but still obviously in poor shape as he clutched the bleeding mess that was his neck.

"What did you do?"

Michael smiled. "Divinity is a gift. What we gave can be taken away."

Colin wanted to lunge, but Carol gripped his hand. The pause was enough that Michael looked into the sky. And vanished in the same beam of light he appeared to begin with.

"It's okay," Carol whispered.

Colin trembled as he held her close. She touched his face and stroked his cheek. He spotted one of his own tears break over her skin.

"Mom..."

"I'm sorry," Carol smiled as her feathers continued to lose color. "I never told you the truth."

"I don't care."

"No," she smiled. "No, you don't. You were always such a good boy."

"What can I do?"

"Exactly what you have been."

Colin shook his head. "Not that! This! What can I do to fix this?!"

"My divinity is gone," Carol shuddered. "I... I think I'll see your father again."

"Mom no..."

"He loved you," Carol smiled. "We both did. It wasn't supposed to be, but..."

"Mom please?"

"Your wives are lovely."

Wives? Colin pictured Mary in his mind. He threw out his arm, summoning a portal that enveloped the Lich in a single pass. She staggered from whatever she was doing at the time, but she whirled around with a beaming smile. And saw Colin's expression.

"Oh no."

"Mary, you have to save her," Colin pleaded.

Mary nodded as Carol shook her head. And the Lich realized a moment later, the cause. "Colin--"

"Mary please!"

"She can't." Carol ran her fingers through Colin's hair. She smiled at the memories of doing it when he was just a boy.

"WHY NOT!" Colin trembled.

"Her soul is missing," Mary kneeled beside them both.

"Is that what he took?" Colin snarled. "What if--"

"It's gone, my son," Carol squeezed his hand. "We Nephilim are tools for the angels. Temporary vessels of divinity, without it..."

"No," Colin sobbed. "Not you too!"

"It's okay," Carol crooned.

The beating of wings heralded Kasey, who collapsed beside them both. She looked frantically at Carol and Colin. She could see her mother-in-law's wings. They were almost black.

"I love you Colin," Carol whispered.

The next to arrive was Libidine, with Lascivia and Cupiditas right behind her. Superbia was only a moment behind the three, as she sprinted around a nearby building, heading straight towards them. Invidia was next, carrying Ira on her back, who leaped free the moment she saw the cluster. Veronica flew overhead with Zippy, before doubling back. She landed nearby and dismounted alongside Amare.

"Look at them all," Carol smiled, as Otiosum's great bulk appeared over a nearby rooftop with Pixali at her side. "Such a lucky boy, to be loved by so many."

"Mom please?"

Carol shook her head. "I've been alive for a very long time, my son. It's time."

"No!" Colin held her tighter, only to gasp as her wings cracked like charcoal.

Mistress Lovecatcher landed with a thump beside her lover Risnys. Carol smiled at them all before the charging of hooves broke out. Abella, on her Moloch with Alug and Gula, raced towards them. She had a manic glint in her eye, like she was charging into battle, only to see them all huddled. At once, her demeanor shifted as she drew her mount to a halt. Behind Them was Harley, who crouched down, anxious about the whole situation.

"It's going to be okay," Carol stroked his cheek.

Colin wept as his loved ones pressed close. Kasey leaned on his shoulder, while Amare stroked Carol's hair. She, along with Mistress Lovecatcher, spent the most time with her. And the Mistress was holding Risnys as she wept beside them.

"Please?"

Carol smiled and slowly shook her head. "I always considered you mine. I don't care what they say. You were always my boy." She turned her head and looked over at the surrounding women, and let out a soft sigh. "He's in your hands, ladies. Make... make a mother p-proud."

"Mom?" Colin rocked her. "Mom!?"

"Colin, she's gone."

Colin grit his teeth as he slumped forward. His heart ached, and his jaw trembled. He felt all his emotions bubbling within. Wrath, Envy, Pride, Gluttony, Greed, Lust and even Sloth vied for his attention. They swirled, pulsed, and raged within. He directed it all towards Michael. He wanted to bring him back. No... He NEEDED to bring him back. To kill him. To destroy the one who destroyed his family. Colin tilted his head back and roared at the heavens themselves. The foundations of hell shuddered and quaked, but there was no answer. Michael was beyond his reach, so he turned to a new target. Because there was only one other being that could have been responsible for the Archangel arriving in hell.

***

Andradox shuddered as he felt the power flow through him. It was an impossible force that caused the foundations of his castle to grind and shake. It almost looked as if the walls would come down before it slowly settled once more. He looked around the room as his guards steadied themselves. They, too, were disturbed by what had happened. Hellquakes were rare, but not unheard of within hell.

But it was that power. That overwhelming presence that flowed through the room before it hit. He had only felt it once before. During the reign of the last Prince. He suffered a personal loss, the death of a Queen during the war against the angels. He raged for weeks, almost single-handedly turning the tide of the war, before he was struck down.

The idea that the Prince had truly returned was impossible. Surely the angels had killed the brat. The upstart claiming he was the Prince... He couldn't actually be THE Prince... Could he?

Andradox slumped back on his throne. His options were limited. If the young man really was the Prince. He was supposed to vacate the throne. He could have left with his honor intact. Perhaps even to retake control of the military... But now? After the attack on Greymoore. And now the attack on Oasis. If the Archangel didn't finish the job, then--

Black flames burst into the middle of the room. The guards fell back at the waves of intense wrath that flooded the room. A solitary figure stepped out and Andradox swallowed at the sight of him. The breath escaping his lungs sizzled the surrounding air.

"I see Michael has failed," Andradox called from his throne.

Colin growled and took a step forward, only for a furry black hand to catch his wrist.

"Stop. There's a trap in the center of the room. While you would survive, it's likely we wouldn't."

Colin snarled as Andradox regarded the spymaster.

"Superbia," the Regent nodded. "I had hoped we could have worked together."

"We did work together," Superbia smiled. "What you mean, is you wanted to tame me." Colin snarled again, and Superbia pressed herself to his side.

"Like a scrawny piss-fuck could tame a cunt like you," Ira growled as she stepped up to Colin's other side.

"Accurate, if crude," Superbia sighed.

"Does this look like the time to say nice things?"

Superbia nodded. "I'll concede that point."

"What's this?" Andradox laughed. "You need your women to fight for you?"

"Hmm?" Superbia tilted her head. "No, Andradox. We're here to go through the forces within the castle. I still have a few loyal to me hidden inside your ranks. I'd hate for Colin to kill them all. Some of them are rather decent fellows."

Andradox fumed, but it was Colin that spoke. "The trap?"

"Don't set foot in the middle," Superbia patted his arm. "The activation switch is on the underside of his armrest."

"Guards, spread the word. Kill the Prince's wives at all costs. Those unwilling to fight are considered traitors and are to be cut down."

"At once, my lord," one guard nodded, before stabbing the guard beside him.

The room erupted into chaos as the first guard threw himself into battle as Superbia and Ira joined him. Andradox had a dumbfounded look on his face as he realized how accurate Superbia's words were. Guards surrounded him at all times, and they likely could have had him assassinated with only a spoken word.

But that wasn't his concern. It was the Prince, who hadn't moved since Superbia had touched him.

"Do you have any idea how hard I've worked to keep the demon hordes in check?"

"Yes," Colin nodded.

And stepped back through a portal.

Andradox sprung out of his throne as Colin's hand snagged his arm. The Regent snarled and slashed out with his claws. Colin pulled away violently, degloving the Regent's hand in the same movement. Andradox howled and Colin slapped him to the ground before the throne.

"You sent Michael," Colin sat down on the throne.

"I did," Andradox spat. He trembled in pain as he sat up. The butterfly hair clip fell free, clattering to the floor.

Colin got his first proper look at him. A strange mix of earth clothing and demonic overtones. The rainbow colored claws were an odd touch, as was the butterfly clip. But the rest of him looked like an extra from a 70s musical about a teenage couple navigating a romance after meeting at a beach.

Andradox clambered to his feet as Colin took a seat on the throne. The Regent snarled as Colin's hands slipped under the armrests, before he felt a small gem in an odd place. Pressing it, the floor lit up and Andradox howled. Arcs of violet electricity seared into the Regent's flesh. At once, Colin realized exactly what Superbia had warned him about. This trap was designed to kill many people at once, horribly.

He watched for a moment before releasing the button. Andradox gasped and staggered in relief, but remained upright.

"You think--"

Colin pressed the button again. Andradox howled. The air smelled of burning hair. When he released the button, Andradox collapsed once more. It was only now that Colin noticed the doors to the throne room were open. All around him were bodies of guards. He turned his head and saw one slumped against the wall. He held his stomach, but nodded his head at seeing Colin.

"My Prince."

Colin turned his attention back to the Regent and held out his hand. A burning portal appeared before the throne. And a moment later, Mistress Furore stepped through, with her lover Susannah a step behind.

"Oh," Mistress Furore smiled as she looked around the room. "I like what you've done with the place."

"Mistress Furore, Susannah. I'd like you to stand beside me, please." The two Aroct bowed before doing as he asked. Turning to face the struggling Regent, Colin smiled. "Watch."

He made a showy gesture with his hand and reached under to press the gem once more. Andradox howled as the magical arcs of electricity surrounded him once more. Colin held it for a few moments before releasing the button.

"You asked to be present for his death," Colin sighed. "Today, I lost my mother. And while I can blame him. I know the one directly responsible."

"My Prince," Mistress Furore hissed.

Colin got up out of the throne and stepped down onto the floor. Andradox wheezed, but still managed to glare at him. Colin was unfazed as he kicked the Regent flat onto his back. He was unfazed when he stomped down on Andradox's knee. And he was unfazed as the shrieks of the crippled Regent were muffled as he closed the doors to the throne room. Muffling the sounds of Mistress Furore making good use of the magical trap, along with her delighted laughter.

***

Colin stared down at her. The makeup she wore made her look like she was still alive. Without any obvious sign of injury, it would appear she was sleeping. This wasn't the only pyre burning this night. The largest of which, reserved for Otiosum's father. There was talk about postponing his, to honor the Prince. But Colin had waved back the idea. His mother wouldn't want the fanfare. And Colin didn't feel much like a Prince.

Instead, he felt cold, simmering anger. None of this was his fault. Nor was it his mother's, his wives or anyone else's. This was the result of a long drawn out war, between heaven and hell, over the rights to access the Earth. The very place the Angels took him to grow up. Before trying to kill him, and starting this whole mess. He would have happily lived his life in ignorant bliss. If not with Libi, then definitely with Kasey. And instead, he stood here, side by side with his loved ones, near the battlefield that claimed his mother.

Colin stepped back from his own mother's corpse. He watched as Kasey stepped forward. Rather than a flower, she held one of her feathers and tucked it into Carol's entwined fingers. Beside her, her parents did the same. Mr. and Mrs. Threft. The two Nephilim had kept a low profile since coming to Hell. And Colin didn't blame them in the least. Even under Mistress Lovecatcher's care, there would always be a risk. Someone willing to pay the price for the essence of their soul. It was the main ingredient to a healing potion. Not that Colin would let his enemies go that far. They were Kasey's parents and by extension his in-laws, therefore they were family.

He tensed his hand and felt the soothing touch of Amare. She was joined by Alug and Gula, who pressed their bodies into Colin's back. It was like being surrounded by teddy bears, only these hugged him firmly in place. One by one, his wives and mistresses moved up and spoke a few words, or left an offering. The last was Abella, who left a customary plated meal by Carol's feet.

And when she stepped back, Colin watched as she turned to face him, and he recognized the look. But now wasn't the time. So she stepped aside and gave Colin room. With tears rolling down his cheek, Colin reached for a burning torch. It was planted in a tube on the floor, ready for this moment. He took the wooden staff and lifted it free before he heard a soft hiss.

"My Prince?"

Colin turned as three figures stood in the doorway. The first was Otiosum, holding a bouquet of desert flowers. Beside her was Pixali, with a small wreath. And nervously behind them both was the fluffy, pink Raum from the brothel. She looked utterly terrified. But Amare couldn't help the soft giggle that escaped her lips as she darted over to collect her.

Colin watched with a smile as his wives, and mistresses made room for her to stand with them. He knew he was a lucky man in most things. With Andradox dead, he could live in peace with his loved ones. Raise a family. Dozens of children. He could work with the masters and mistresses of the land to help usher in a time of peace. To right the wrongs that Andradox brought to this world.

But... Colin wouldn't be satisfied with that. Instead, his wrath bubbled beneath the surface as Oti and Pixali left their offerings at his mother's side. And then, like the rest, they moved to stand with him.

"Otiosum," Colin called softly. "I know my loves will follow me. As will Master Bater and Mistress Furore." He stepped up to the pyre and fought back the tears that threatened to break once more. With a trembling arm, Colin lowered the small flame and touched it to the oil soaked wood set around his mother's body. "I'm going to kill Michael," he declared as the fire began to spread. "Are you going to join me?"

"... Yours..."

End of Book 2