The Not So Loner On Christmas

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Speaking of the demoness she had left with him but went off into her own direction hoping to find some wild college Christmas party to sneak in and get a free meal. Tho he was free to come over if he wanted to relax.

She didn't normally bring guys back to her place, it was handy for if some guy become obsessed with her when they couldn't find her, only Tripp knew where she leaves...a cosy little apartment.

He was surprised that he and Saza had even made a friendship to begin with, thinking back to when they first met that was a funny story and afterward was also funny. Being a demon after all he found it impossible to believe they could have a friendship, but once again he was proven wrong, learning they all won't so bad...Most were actually, Saza warned him as such.

Keep being blissfully ignorant of such a thing and if he was ever in some demon related trouble, just call her and she will bail him out. The supernatural can be and mostly is dangerous, however, it doesn't mean all of it was.

The girl he...Was proof of that.

The snow had lightened, more gentle than it was before, Tripp looked to the clear night sky wondering aimlessly like a spirit in the wind.

Before he knew it he had found himself in the town centre, not really knowing what to do. The cold nipped at his exposed face, hand in pocket pulling out a phone, his backpack fitted behind him.

The time being around 4, even if it was no one would really think it with how dark it was, luckily the Christmas light scatted on every house, on every lamp lit his path all leading to the town centre.

Figuring why not, he didn't really want to be at home...Alone.

He joined the crowd wandering with them, more couples, more families.

Danm it, why were they the only thing he'd focus on? Can't he just enjoy the senary, the clear darkening sky, the snow crunching behind his boots, the smell of baked goods and songs of years before.

Around him it felt safe, peaceful, it wasn't long till he made his way to the town centre, now the part of town he was before was festive but nothing like the centre, going all out this year.

The lights, the decorations, holly bushes, mistletoe even a meet and greet mall Santa on the side, a 'Santa's workshop' kind of thing, kid clawing at one another to sit on the big guy knee who merely chuckle, he fit the Santa look properly well, a festive spirit in his eyes.

Tripp moved on not really knowing where to go now, should he just head home? Or head to Saza place, a change of scenery did sound nice. Just as he thought about it, something caught his attention.

A giant Christmas tree was planted right in the middle of the centre. Of course, it was fake...He thinks but it was still quite the spectacle, eye-widening a little to the giant moving toward it like a moth to a flame.

Red rope wrapped around the edge of the tree stopping anyone from getting too close, oversized presents laid underneath, now the tree itself was quite an extravaganza covered in lights (obviously) those little hanging shining balls, even ornaments like a snowflake, a rocking horse and gingerbread men.

But there was oddly something special about it, something that just drew him in, whether it was the might size of the thing or just the whole feel of the area around it, it didn't feel fake it felt real but that would be impossible right? Nothing was impossible.

Looking away from the mighty thing a bitter smile on his face.

She would have loved this...It hurt.

A hand, his own moving slowly to his chest where his aching heart laid, trying to hold on to what little joy he could remember that night, it been hard, Saza has helped him a lot but she can't give him what he truly wanted, he doubts she could ever give what he needs.

He wanted to keep the promise he wanted desperately to stay strong.

Trying to hold the memories of the past yet time make everything fade even feelings and emotions.

He missed her so damn much.

The lonesomeness was there making his heartache once again...But unlike before he made an effort to not let it affect him. He wanted her to be proud, it had only been 2 months to funny how sudden time had passed.

At times the succubus would come to mind, that sly smile, her attractive body, would it be so bad to take up her offer, just for a night of fun and company knowing she will give him the distraction he desperately needed.

Yet a tiny part of him always nagged, he didn't want to cheat, it felt wrong.

Every girl he looked at all reminded him of her.

Destined to be ruined by crippling loneliness he at least had something to keep him going, something powerful something special for someone like him.

Hope, the most beautiful thing you can give.

Looking back to that giant tree reminding him of her all the lights and baubles shining in the light of everything around it just made it glow just that little bit more.

She will come back and he will wait for her no matter how long.

"Merry Christmas pumpkin...I hope you are happy, where ever you are."

Silence, the sounds and noises of the people and music fizzled out around him, holding onto that hope for something better.

it would take a Christmas miracle-

"Such sweet words to say to no one," a voice behind him made him jump.

Twisted his body back trying to find the source of that elderly voice.

Standing there completely wrapped up in warm clothing a short old lady, her face oddly...Grandmotherly, if that was a word. In her hand, some odd walking stick with a blue orb at the top.

Wait where had he seen that weird walking stick before.

"I-It nothing," he responded quickly.

"Nothing? Well it can't just be nothing, just say it, kid," the warmth of the old lady had vanished turning to something more assertive, sassy even and intimating.

It was then Tripp remembered why she looked familiar.

It was the woman from Halloween! He would remember that terrifying face anywhere, what was she doing alone on Christmas? He expected her to have some family or whatever.

"So let me guess, all alone for Christmas too?"

From the sound of it, she remembered him too, shifting a little uncomfortable, or more intimidated really.

"yeah, but I'm trying not to let that bring me down, I at least have more of a festive spirit than last year."

The old lady huffed he had no idea if she was snickering or grinning due to the scarf covering her neck and mouth.

What did she want anyway? That is what he wanted to know.

"So did you get any Christmas presents this year? You must of at least got something."

If you count a blank card with a penguin on it saying 'Merry Christmas from the family' with some spending money on it, then he guesses that counts as one.

"It doesn't matter really, it's not about that this time of year right?"

"Wow, I'm surprised a kid your age actually knows that all people nowadays only think about there place and fame in the world on their little phones, not all but most, but yeah it's a time about spending this cold winter with those your love and your family...so where is yours kid?" her sharp eye-piercing right through his very soul.

With nothing but a bitter sour look on his face not feeling like telling this weird woman anything, by the look on her face, a scowl hateful look scoffing a little he didn't need to answer

"I see, sensitive subject, no gift and no family huh, you're doing well this Christmas," she said sarcastically.

He wanted to leave he wasn't In the mood for-

"Well seeing as no one has given you a real Christmas present I might as well, lots of lonely people out here tonight, me and my crew are doing our part to help them out."

that surprised him a little turning back to the woman still standing there

"Thank but you don't have to-"

"I wasn't asking, stop being stubborn."

Jolting a little she quickly clams down yet kept that frown on her face.

"Have you er been a good boy this year? Honestly, that sounds creepy no idea why people say that" the old woman hackled getting a raised eyebrow from Tripp, "whatever it doesn't matter, come along we will return to my shop, this cold is doing me no good."

"But why? I'm just some random guy, I haven't done anything to-"

"Didn't you make someone very happy on a special night 2 months ago?" she suddenly said, Tripp froze as if the snow and wind had finally gotten to him, did she know about...Her? That couldn't be possible, right? "So shut up, you deserve at least something good, for all you've suffered these long years."

No one has ever told him that, standing there in the cold he never actually thought about it, was he so used to being alone that it becomes numb to him? Has he actually been suffering? He didn't know.

"Well? Are you going to stand there like a frozen lemon or do I need to drag your stubborn ass."

Panicking he quickly hurried along a tiny bit excited, an actual Christmas gift, tho he knew it would be nothing special, this was some random old lady after all...Again not that it matters.

The two continued walking on deeper into the town centre, moving toward a large open stretch he was surprised by how quickly the lady was, quick and light on her feet

Neither spoke to one another which was what both wanted, no point in mindless small talk when you have nothing to talk about.

Before he knew it the old lady stop turning to the right, he turned finally finding the store.

Madam Mystery's Mysterious Shop of Wonder...The shop he actually saw a few times while passing by.

He even saw it on Halloween, grand and beautiful, unlike anything he's seen before, sticking out like a sore thumb everything looked made of wood and metal giving it a kind of fantasy style feel to it.

The big sign in bold letter spell the name of the shop, Christmas light and some wreath hanging from them, the massive glass window letting him look in, it was misty due to the cold making it nearly impossible too.

Just what the hell kind of store is this?

"Wait this place? You're the owner?"

"What does it look like kid? It's my name after all," she responded pointing up to the festive sign, "Name's Madam Mystery, now come on, the cold is freezing my nips."

shivering a little horrified by the thought Madam Mystery had already left him, hurrying along inside the store he was hit by a wave of warmth, and the earthly smell of a forest in spring really brought a comforting feeling.

Finally, inside the store he passed every day, he found it was...Massive.

Way bigger on the inside than outside, high ceilings opening areas he was left mesmerised, while the old lady thought nothing of it hobbling her way to the far corner.

Tripp slowly made his way further inside.

A long red and green carpet laid on the floor, Christmas themed formed almost like a pathway reaching forward until splitting off like a T, Carried on his eye wandered around gazing at the impressed painting of some wizard in some unknown fantasy war.

To the left was filled with odd trinkets and amulets, weird nick nack and even a few small detailed statues while the other side full of strange stuff, he would have to close in to actually read them, but they look weird ingredients, general and... non-general.

There was an open area, a wooden railing with an open balcony, tables and benches...Bookcase? That's what it reminded him anyway, to the right the carpet continued leading to stairs, that is probably how people go up there.

But in that left corner, along the curved counter, where Madam mystery was standing behind, even further hidden in that corner was a door leading on probably deeper inside, the back rooms or whatever.

"You run this all by yourself?" he asked finally arriving at that very counter.

"Hell no that would be insane even for me, I have my employee, some enjoy Christmas while others are out helping folks like yourself," she responded quickly getting a chair to quickly sit in, "So tell me, kid, what is it you want for Christmas? It can be anything you want."

That was suddenly looking around to the strangeness of this place he doubts there was anything that could interest him.

He only did want one thing, something he couldn't have.

Having no idea where she was or how she even was doing, for all he knew she was on the other side of the world. From the little research, he could do on creatures like her.

They were drawn to places filled with plant life, which certainly wasn't here with how cold everything was...In this moment starting at the impatient woman. No madam Mystery he couldn't really find his answer, even tho he already knew what he wanted.

Something impossible-

"Go on, we don't have all afternoon."

"J-Just...My regrets to a friend," the only thing he could come up with.

"A friend? A lady friend?"

"Yeah, a girl I met on Halloween, haven't seen her in a while and I just want her to know I'm doing ok and to wish her a merry Christmas."

The woman rested her walking stick by the counter a hand coming to her scarf finally removing the thing, a frown on her face thinking about it.

"Does this friend have a name?"

He hesitated to look away a little bitter.

"It's pointless."

He didn't carry on unable to think about her once again.

"Fine, your the one who says it pointless," she with surprisingly no interest passed, too eager to move on to the next subject, "So you have a tree? Everyone has a tree on Christmas

"I would have liked one but I don't have much money, an unemployed college student doesn't really give much."

She would have laughed at that, him having a little tree, at least it would remind him of her so with a small smile. She waved her hand away dismissing his comment.

"Forget about cash kid it's Christmas, and I think I have something you may be interested in, wanna have that as your Christmas gift?"

"Yeah thank you, something to lift the spirits."

For the first time she smiled, tho it was a kinda eerie type, one that slightly unsettled him.

"Alright got literally the perfect thing, give me a moment, it's something just for you, something no one else can have," she responded getting out of her seat finally getting somewhere else, "I'll be but a moment."

At like that she quickly left thought that back door, Tripp was left to relax admiring more of the strangeness of this place, the painting on the far right wall was cool, detail depicting some fantasy world, whoever painted it much be a pretty good artist.

"It may not be a tree," a voice said behind him, turning to find Madam Mystery coming out with something bushy, "whatever it's Christmas related."

Plotting the tiny tree on the desk before him, reminded him of one of those Japanese trees, small with a bush on top, the tree was brown, tho the bush part seeing small white berries, it looked cute in a way, but the unique thing about it was that holly berries growing on it too...tho only two seem to be there, Madam Mystery had a smug proudness to it.

"What...Is it?"

"What you think!? It's a mistletoe tree, if a tiny one and a special one because it has a few holly berries growing on it too."

"Wait mistletoe?" he ignored the second part, "Don't you err...need someone else with it? Wouldn't a holly-"

"Zip it kid this here is a true speciality, only one like it," she pushed it a little toward him clearly signalling him to take it, "it on the house a Christmas gift for you."

"I...Thank you," he took it noticing the cute ribbon around it in a Christmas theme pot.

"Now it's a very delicate thing, make sure to give her a lot of tender love and care you hear me?"

Her? That was the first thing he heard looking down wondering if the plant ever had gender...Tho she did.

"Yeah, sure."

"Now when you return home feed that tree there some of this," she reach suddenly into her pocket pulling out some wrapper, making it it was a clear yet Christmas plastic packet, with something brown and sparkling in it, he look back rising an eyebrow, pocketing the thing.

"Mix it in some water, only a cup full will do and fed the girl, and I promise it will grow into the very thing you want for Christmas, guaranteed, and if you pissed come back here and tell it to my face and I'll happily give something else in return got it?"

Grow into the thing he wanted? She...She doesn't actually mean, no, no it impossible, yet again standing there clutching onto the plant pot he didn't want to deny it.

But he didn't want to believe it either...Something deep inside him wanted to try it, something deep bloomed within him when he gazed at the little thing, he didn't know why he was holding it so tightly so protectively.

It made his heartache and race at the same time.

"A-Alright, thank you."

that rare grandmotherly smile returning.

"Have a merry Christmas kid, no one should be alone for it...and don't have too much fun alright."

He didn't really listen, turning back to the first door that same urging, feeling before so suddenly consuming him, he didn't know why he was feeling like that, only something scream inside him to try it, to do as she say.

She was the one who gave him the Halloween sweet that brought her to life.

Maybe it's the same thing here...That moment burned into his memories, he needed to get home, now.

"Y-Yes, t-thank you, thank you! Have a merry Christmas too!" he said running out.

"No running in my store!" she sounded yet he was already gone.

Madam mysteries just sighed.

"Kids in love, just like Jack all over again...I should call that fucker, haven't wished him a merry Christmas yet," she said thinking to her old friend, probably enjoy Christmas dinner or Christmas something with his massive family of his.

With slight wonder and annoyance, being the last thing she said before heading inside to relax and enjoy some brandy.

###

Hugging the pot as if his life depended on it, trying to shield the thing from the cold winter winds his hot body protecting it.

Tripp needed to get home, he needed to know if it was true.

Her name, her face her sweet smile on that moonlit night covered his vision.

False hope driving him forward

That promise rang in his head like a metronome, trick again and again.

He needed to see her, he wanted to believe.

Even when his body painfully ached he pushes forward moving past everything, again his sharp eye noticing the couples, family.

He could join them, he could show her the joy of Christmas.

Yet doubt plagued his heart, so driven to a maddening drive clutching at little thing in his arm like the holy grail. Why was he so sure it would bring her back? Why was he so blinded by the hope which clouded all his logical reasoning.

Was he suffering that much? He didn't know, he didn't know how to feel.

He was home, almost running right past it his is mindless running.

His home was nothing special but the fact is it wasn't even his own, it belong to the family as a holiday home seeing as they oddly really like this city, anyway it didn't matter.

With little decorations, ones he could only find in the attic he rushed inside, cold and dark, eerie if a little, around the plate countless potted plant, they all reminded him of her, and he wanted his home to be as 'plant friendly' as he could really get into gardening since his encounter with her.

helped him think of her.

What love does to someone make them change everything, who they were what they would become, and it was completely ad utterly unexpected.

That is the sweetest thing about it.

Removing the laying of clothing and his back pack dumping it on the sofa quickly turning on the heater he rushed to his bedroom, that little packet in hand nothing else mattered at the moment.

Finally enterer the darkroom, the curtain drawn force to flick on a light, there on the window counter, a Halloween wrapped with an old stale pumpkin on it slightly rotten tho he didn't care, a folded note on top,.

123456...9