The Second Chance Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He hung up and grinned, "Ok genius, the E.E.G. on Rose showed seizure activity. She is in status epilepticus, continuing seizures. I'm picking up the check."

"Please Robert, I only made an observation, you are the one who made the diagnosis, and you found her tumor. You are a very good doctor. I should be the one that is paying you for your help in getting me the job."

After lunch Robert got a call from Billy. Rose Garcia had awakened from her seizure and was taken off the ventilator. Robert wanted to go back and see her.

I could tell he did not want our encounter to end. He invited me to go with him, but I declined. I needed to leave him before he asked too many personal questions. So, I declined Robert's offer saying I needed to get back to Westchester and had a lot to do before my date with Jake.

I could see the look of disappointment on Robert's face. I think he was getting a little jealous of Jake. As I stood to leave, he gave me a little hug, "Thanks for talking with me about my marriage and ex-wife Anne. You gave me a broader perspective on things and a lot to think about. I feel stupid because you raised issues that I should have been thinking about before."

"Anne is not your ex-wife; she is still your wife. So maybe you should find out for sure what happened to her before shutting her out of your life completely."

"And thank you for your help with Rose. You're a good woman and exceptional nurse."

As I departed for Grand Central, I could see Robert was seeing things in a new light. I knew that he would eventually figure it out. I had pointed him in the right direction. My husband is intelligent once he gets a problem to work on. He will review all the details and draw the right conclusions and ask the right questions. I just had to be ready with solid proof of my sexual assault and my framing when the time came to show Robert.