The Strange Case of Marie

Story Info
Julian is attracted to a girl others think weird.
48.5k words
4.59
3.6k
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Strange Case of Marie

One

I'd always fancied Marie. Right from her first day at the company over six months ago. She wasn't a classic beauty but she was pretty. The most amazing legs, and a lovely rounded arse. Not big, just round. And there was an underlying hint of tiny freckles on her face that seemed to whisper to me when the sunlight caught them.

More than once I'd fantasised about running my fingers through her naturally loosely curled hair. At first glance, its colouring edged towards the blonde. Closer up, there was a tint of redness to it that just seemed to excite me all the more. Oh yes. I noticed every little detail about her. Even the quirky twists of her mouth when she was deep in thought. Marie was almost an obsession to me, one might say.

Another issue in my life was making Marie even more pertinent. I'd just broken up with Louise. Nothing serious. We'd simply drifted apart and decided to call it a day. Stupid arguments and her expecting commitment. We lived together, what more did she want for fuck sake.

Being single sucked when I needed a shag, but it did have the advantage of allowing my eye to wander with actual purpose and no guilt. Cute little Marie was the one I found in the crosshairs.

Thoughts of sinking my cock deep in her tight juicy pussy were always on my mind, especially when I was knocking one out.

I'd made my mind up that I was going to do her but it wasn't easy. She seemed aloof. Friendly enough but never quite responding to my attempts to get her attention. It just made me all the more determined. As if her indifference was an affront to my masculinity, my self-assured confidence that I could attract any girl I put my mind to. Until now that'd been a certainty for me. Girl after girl until I'd met Louise had fallen for my boyish grin, thick wavy boyband hair and charming chat. Marie's apparent immunity just fired my resolve. A challenge to be met head-on.

Perhaps several years of being in a relationship had blunted my skills, I couldn't even establish if she had a boyfriend, and to be honest, that was my number one priority to know. Did I have competition? It hurt to think that someone other than me might be enjoying that sweet little body.

Nor could I figure out her interests, what she liked to do, and where she went out. Everything was just more information that I was failing miserably to glean from her. When we chatted she was friendly, always smiling but never revealing anything about herself. Every question seemingly turned back on me or deflected. It was maddening.

"Thanks, Marie." I said looking up as she passed me yet more paperwork for signing.

"I should teach you how to fake my signature."

"That would be wrong."

For a moment I looked at her face, taken more with studying her skin tone and the line of her mouth than the seriousness with which she'd taken my flippant comment.

"I was joking." I eventually responded with a smile.

"Oh. Sorry."

I scribbled my moniker on each page without fully checking. I trusted the people I worked with.

"All these signatures give me a cramp in my wrist."

"Oh. Sorry."

"You sure it's not all the wanking doing that?" Bob had his head in the door, brazen as ever and uncaring about how many lines he was crossing with his talk.

"Sorry Marie. Man talk."

He said, crossing another one.

"You coming to the pub at lunchtime Julian? We're having a few bevvies for Mick. It's the ol' git's birthday."

"Yeah, sure. Call me when you go."

I looked at Marie again as I handed back the signed papers.

"You coming along? I'll buy you a drink."

She looked down.

"No. Thank you. I'm not good in places with lots of people."

"You sure?

It's people you know. And I'll look after you."

She smiled sweetly but still shook her head.

"I'm fine thank you."

That was how it always went. Six months and every attempt to draw her out of the office had failed. If there had been even a glimmer of a crack in her amour I would have just asked her out directly. But there was nothing.

A sensible person would move on and forget her. Not me. And the sight of her lovely arse in that short white skirt and booties as she left my office just made me all the more determined to find a way.

I stared at her legs as she went back to her desk. Unblemished youthful skin and delicate muscle tone. I'd sell my soul to run a hand over one of those thighs just once.

Fuck it.

I tried again as we left for the pub.

"Oh come on. It's only for an hour."

I made a pleading face as Bob dragged me away toward the door.

"Come on Julian. She doesn't fancy you. She wants a real man."

I spotted the glimmer of a smile on her face but she was still shaking her head as I was manhandled through the door.

"Why do you bother?"

"What? I'm just being friendly. Trying to include everyone."

"No. You're only being friendly with Little Miss Goody-Two-Shoes. She's just a cock teaser."

I didn't argue. Bob had hit on her the first week she'd been there. Twice her age and he wondered why he'd failed. Bob hit on everybody. If, when I succeeded, Bob would be pissed. He thought of himself as the ladies' man. I felt good about proving he was over the hill, and even more determined.

We reached the bottom of the stairs and joined the others in the foyer.

"Where's Mick?" He said looking around. Marie was forgotten.

"Can't have a party without the main attraction."

"Gone ahead in Pete's car." A voice said.

It was Julia. Julia Swanson. Always calm, always alert. And generally, the only one keeping a check on everything happening around her which most of us missed

I followed along as we headed for our cars, pairing up with Bob in his boy racer Focus ST. Fun chap even if he was a bit of a dick. And he wasn't going to be a replacement for Marie's company.

It was one of those typical modern, family-friendly pubs with a restaurant and bar meals. A spacious new build pretending to be old. There were a million of them up and down the country. Nothing special. Just reasonable prices and quick service. Ideal for a lunchtime bevvy.

"So what is it with you and the weird bitch?"

"She's not weird."

I rolled back in my chair.

"Come on. She looks like she stepped out of a Pathé News Reel. And her eyes... creepy."

"Bob, you were all over her the first week she was here. You're just jealous because you didn't get in her knickers."

"Lucky escape if you ask me. She's weird. Trust me on this."

"No Bob. What's weird is you hitting on someone half your age. She's twenty for Christ's sake. What are you now? Forty?"

"Thirty-nine if you don't mind." He came back.

"The young 'un's like the mature man. We can keep it up better than you lads."

"That's the Viagra."

"Fuck you.

Get another round in for that."

I sighed and dug my hand into my pocket.

Julia was at the bar when I got there. She had a sweet face for someone older than me. What was it? Ten years maybe? Yeah, she was fit but I liked the young ones. Same as Bob, but my excuse was that I was a lot closer to them than he'd been in a long while. And most definitely not old enough to be Marie's dad.

"Bob being a dirty old man as usual?"

"Of course. It's his default setting."

She looked thoughtful for a moment.

"I went out with him once."

That distracted me as I pushed the glasses towards the barman. Just a bland delivery of a fact she didn't need to tell me.

"Really? I didn't know that."

Julia was single and nearer Bob's age so it shouldn't have surprised me. She was decent looking. Too old for me and a little posh. I imagined her as being boring between the sheets. Missionary position and definitely a spitter. That said, I would have done her as a one-off. Older bird and all that shit.

"Yeah. Full of himself. Thinks he's a teenager still. I heard Marie kicked him in the balls when he put his arm around her at the water cooler."

"You're joking? I never heard that."

"It was hushed up. He could have lost his job. That's why he doesn't like her."

"She kicked him? Why?"

She paid the barman for her drinks.

"Unwanted sexual advances. Krissie in HR wanted him straight out. If it hadn't been for the boss smoothing things over he'd be history. He thought her response was an overreaction."

She smiled.

"Wish I'd booted him in the bollocks myself some days. Kisses like a slug."

She rolled her eyes and feigned disgust.

"He can't be that bad."

She sipped her drink and gave me a sultry look.

"Kiss him and find out."

"Fuck off. I'm not gay."

She looked over at him.

"He served a purpose I suppose."

"He was okay giving it from behind, so I didn't have to look him in the eye.

Didn't last long though.

I like someone with a bit more stamina."

I stared at her and she just smiled again before walking away to speak with Mick. I looked down at her arse wondering if I should make a play for it after all. I found myself wondering if she was less boring than I imagined.

Julia really wasn't bad for someone mid-thirties now I looked, and I needed to empty my sack somewhere. Suddenly the idea of her on all fours with my cock in her pussy didn't seem such a crazy idea.

"Fuck."

I looked back at Bob as the drinks arrived. Julia and Bob. That had slipped completely under my radar. I picked the drinks up and went back to the table.

"Julia looks fit." I teased.

"She's nearer your age. You should try your luck there."

"Julia? She's posh totty. Nah, mate. Besides they're all babies and marriage at that age. The old body clock is ticking when they hit thirty."

He wasn't letting on.

"What's wrong with that?"

Big coming from me. The man who'd lost his girlfriend partly over much the same issue.

"I've got one moody teenager that's gonna cost me a fortune to put through Uni. I've no intention of adding any more to the woke generation."

"Woke?" I laughed.

"Yeah. She bangs on about how my generation ruined everything. She's just like her mother. A bitch."

"That'll be the mother you were married to."

"We all make mistakes when we're young.

Come on. Let's go wish Mick a happy birthday before he croaks it from old age." He said picking up his beer.

I stood next to a seated Julia as Bob proceeded to take the piss out of the birthday boy. All I really took in was how nice 'posh totty' smelt.

Home was a bit shit for me at the moment. I had a rented house on the outskirts of town. A modern two bed on a typical new build estate. Until a few weeks ago I'd shared it with Louise but after a particularly bad row of which I could remember very little, she'd moved out.

I blamed her parents. Always going on about grandchildren and filling her head with nonsense about marriage. I didn't want any of that. I just wanted to fuck her. And boy, was she a good fuck.

Losing Louise had been a particularly bad blow for my cock which had a strong need for warm pussy on a regular basis. Something she'd supplied in copious quantities, along with other warm holes. Between the rows that was.

Now after work, I only had an evening of bland TV or Pornhub and more wrist ache to look forward to. Perhaps Bob was right. It wasn't the signatures. I wasn't exactly sitting in my pants with a beer in my hand but I might as well have been.

I needed more than a tissue to empty my balls into. And soon. I needed cute little Marie.

Two

My break came the following Monday. The buses went on strike. I saw Marie walking as I left the yard. Of course, I slowed so my eyes could follow the gentle swing of her arse. Only the bleep of a horn broke me from my distraction. I indicated and pulled over, dropping the window as the annoyed Audi driver raced past purposefully holding a lower gear to vent his frustration.

"Hey. Jump in. I'll drop you off."

She looked across blankly. Not unsurprisingly she didn't immediately connect my BMW to me. Then I saw recognition and she came over, leaning to look in. As always I was struck by those gorgeous bright eyes.

"It's okay. I don't want to put you out."

I fought the urge to glance down into the gape of her blouse. Already my cock was hardening.

"You won't. Get in."

She looked reluctant and I smiled warmly.

"Come on. It's too warm to be walking far. You don't want to be getting all hot and sweaty."

There were much better ways I could help her achieve that given a chance I reflected.

"Okay. If you're sure."

Finally, she climbed in, pulling her skirt down to cover her thighs when it rode up. It didn't go unnoticed how she wasn't that successful. That garment was just too short to reach very far.

"Thank you. "

"Where do you live?"

"Meridian Close.

Near the river."

"Christ that's miles. And you were going to walk?"

"It's only a little over an hour." She replied as though it was nothing.

"Fuck that."

I glanced at her legs again. Her cream skirt tightly wrapped the line of her thighs, ending well short of the knees. I changed gears. So smooth, I couldn't imagine not knowing how it felt to run my hands over that flesh.

"I go near there on the way home. You should let me drop you off every day. It'd save a fortune."

"Thank you. But the fares aren't so bad."

Her eyes were glancing around the cabin and I had hope the car was impressing her.

"Nice car. But you should drive electric."

"I like petrol."

"It's killing the planet."

"It's getting you home." I grinned.

"My feet would have got me home and cost the world nothing."

"You into all this climate change stuff?"

Not sure that was a rabbit hole I wanted to go down.

"I'm not going to superglue myself to the road in front of your car if that's what you mean. But I do like to do my bit.

Buses are more environmentally friendly."

"Well, this car is going your way whether you're in it or not so you're not adding any extra CO2."

I glanced at her face. Pretty as a picture but I still wasn't breaking through her shell. Criticising her views probably wasn't helping. I backtracked.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to laugh at your convictions. I agree we should clean up our act.

I always recycle." I added glibly.

"It's okay." She laughed.

"You're nice."

I grinned.

"Thanks.

I'd like an EV." I said.

Truthfully I hadn't even thought about it and wasn't likely to.

"The cheapest is forty thousand. They're out of my price range. Especially now."

"Why now?"

"I'm single again. My ex moved out last month."

Finally, her attention was fully on me.

"Sorry."

"Don't be. I'm not.

Life moves on and we just weren't right for each other. It's for the best."

That wasn't completely true either. I did miss Louise. Especially having her body to cuddle up to at night. That said, suddenly feeling the excitement of a possible new conquest, Louise was fading from my thoughts.

"Are you still friends?"

"No hard feelings on either side. But nothing much in common so don't see us hanging out together."

"Why were you with her if you had nothing in common?"

"Great sex." I laughed.

I'd almost said great tits but thought better of it given Marie's near-flat chest. Louise was a big girl up top. Certainly fun, but size wasn't an issue for me. I couldn't say I was a tit man. Or a leg man. It was the overall look of a girl that attracted me. That and a pretty face. Marie had more than enough in her looks to catch my eye and small tits were no barrier.

"Sex is... good." She replied looking away again.

Good? Strange way of putting it.

"You got a boyfriend?" I probed.

"No.

Just me. And my mum."

I could have cheered hearing that. I had a free run. All I had to do was reel her in.

We turned into her road. Nice houses. Detached Edwardian homes. Very posh.

"Just along here. The one with the black front door."

I pulled up directly in front of it.

"Impressive. Your parents must be doing okay."

"It's just my mum. She inherited it from Grandad so it was all paid for."

"Well, you're very lucky. I still rent. We were looking at buying but never got around to it. Good job. Made the breakup nice and clean."

Marie looked me up and down.

"Mum's at work till seven if you want to come in for a coffee?"

I killed the engine.

"Sounds good. So long as you don't mind."

Yes. Ice well and truly broken.

"Of course not. Come in."

I locked the car and followed her through the little gate. I congratulated myself on my success as I followed, sneaking a look at her legs again. They had grace and such great definition. I could see the muscle divot down her thigh. They were toned and strong. Very nice. Especially in that skirt. It must have been a good six inches above the knee.

"Come through."

Her home caught my attention as soon as I was through the door. Totally different to anything I might have expected. The layout, a long corridor with rooms branching off, and a staircase to the side was fairly normal for this kind of house. But the furnishings and decorations were very different to what I would have pictured.

To my mind, it had a sixties vibe to it. I was twenty-six so only had movies to judge by Teak furniture, colourful geometric patterned curtains and a giant lava lamp standing in the corner definitely reminded me of Austin Powers.

The back door from the kitchen to the garden even had one of those plastic bead curtains that everyone's grandma liked so much.

"All these antiques by any chance?" I asked.

"Mostly yeah." She dropped her small bag on a side table.

"Mum has spent years hunting for some of it.

We're a bit hippy. Sorry."

"Why sorry? It's unusual. Different.

I quite like it."

"Thanks.

Some people think it's a bit weird."

"Fits with your save the planet ideas.

You know. Flower power and all that."

Her eyes flitted up and down me as a smirk invaded her face.

"We do have electricity though.

Coffee?"

"Please. Milk and sugar if you have it."

She put the kettle on and pulled two mugs from a cupboard. I couldn't help but think she was a homely girl. She looked natural milling around the kitchen. Again it was a throwback to a past age. I watched her spooning coffee from a canister into the mugs. All of them had a similar geometric pattern to the curtains in the hall, only in black and white.

"So is it just you and your mum?"

I hadn't considered she might have brothers and sisters.

"Dad walked out when I was twelve. Just been us ever since."

"You still see him?"

"No. He was a bastard. Used to knock us about."

"Sorry."

She shrugged.

"It's in the past. We do just fine, the two of us."

"Mum never remarried then?"

"No. She worked hard and brought me up. I guess she didn't have the time. Now we're very close. She doesn't need anyone else."

"And no brothers or sisters?"

"Nope. Just me."

"I see why you're close to your mum."

The kettle whistled. The first time I'd heard a whistling kettle in real life.

"We like it just being us. But perhaps...

Never mind. That's the future."

She poured the water into the coffee stirring as she did so. The milk came from a fridge that would have looked at home in a black-and-white Ealing comedy. Cream rather than white, with rounded edges and bold chrome handles. I couldn't decide if it was original period or just a very good imitation.

"Let's go sit in the lounge." She said leading the way into another room that belonged in a history book.

It was colourful and bright with more teak and even an old TV built into a cabinet. A gigantic box that took up a corner of the room for a tiny screen. I couldn't remember not having a flat screen on the wall and here this girl was with something from an age that should be in black and white.

"You really watch that?"

"Not that much. We go to the pictures once a month. We read mostly. Or do crafts."