All Comments on 'The Trojan Horse Wore Hightops Ch. 04'

by PortiaPridemoon

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
Through_Burning_EyesThrough_Burning_Eyesover 1 year ago

Goddamnit I came here for porn, not gut-wrenchingly emotional stories that make me tear up. Foul play!

(But seriously, this whole series has been amazing)

SirDigbyChickenCaesarSirDigbyChickenCaesarover 1 year ago

It may be that Pairs of Pumpkins has spoiled me for relationship drama, but this felt somewhat rushed. The way Sunnie just bulldozes Kim without any time for her (or the reader) to really process the proselytism sticks out in a story that hitherto paced its train of thought fairly decently. Notwithstanding Chapter 3, not knowing what Kim's thinking is what undergirds the suspense, but here I wonder if we could've peeked in on her point of view; it would have at least given us readers some breathing room.

That being said, overall it's a solid ending that defies the easy-eager-acceptance typical of this genre. I've read some pretty angsty melodrama, but the confrontation with the cops was one of the more grounded takes on this type of scene. Though I critique the deluge's execution, I can definitely see Sunnie's hail-Mary desperation to fortify a frayed thread (dare I say lifeline?) before it snaps entirely—and the stalemate of Kim's own warring mind right up until the kiss. Parent-child pairings have a nasty habit of being played for infantilism—it's refreshing to see both partners acting like adults. ;P

PS:

"Fuck all of it! Fuck all of them!"

If I may recycle my Max0r moment from Lost Bloodlines: "I'm gonna build a new future, Kim, one where we won't have to hide our fucking from anyone. And for that, I want you by my side: to build a world truly free from the consequences of our attractions, just like the Founding Fathers intended!"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this series, but I feel this is where the story really begins, or at least the next more interesting arc. Feel free to use my ideas for your own stories, but the story could look like this:

The homogeneous epilogue to this series would be that Kim sells her house, gets a van and a breast reduction with the money. Sunnie would be now working on a new romantic comic and would be even successful, making enough money for a nice life. Meanwhile, a year would have passed and both traveled happily together through the country.

The next arc could start 3-4 years later. Sunnie would have been successful with her romantic comics so far, but would be struggling artistically to come up with a new story. The reason for this would be because her relationship with Kim was becoming increasingly difficult.

After their travels, both would have tried to settle down, but would have quickly realized how exhausting their situation was. Too often, if they tried it as lesbian lovers, they would have encountered extreme homophobic reactions. If they tried it as a family, then Sunnie would be very unhappy not to be able to share intimate moments with Kim in public without disclosing their true relationship. That's why they remained on the road for so long.

In addition, Sunnie would have more and more desire for children, but Kim would rather refuse because they had no permanent home, she would be also quite old at 42 and in general would be concerned about the health of their children.

Perhaps out of frustration over everything they would argue more and try to avoid each other, which is difficult when you live in a van. If they then get to know other people and jealousy comes into play, then the problems could perhaps also drive them apart.

Even if it happened that way, they would find their way back to each other in time and work out their problems.

PortiaPridemoonPortiaPridemoonabout 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks for reading, everyone!

@Through_Burning_Eyes thank you so much!

@SirDigbyChickenCaesar Thanks for the insightful comments as always and fair critique! Sorry I didn't respond to it sooner. There was a hot minute in December where I thought I might actually drop this story AND Pairs of Pumpkins 10 before 2022 ended. Thank obviously didn't happen and I didn't *think* I was rushing but that could have influenced it. There was obviously meant to be some explosiveness in how it all (re) started but I see the fuse could have cooked a bit longer. In the moment, it absolutely was a lifeline! She said she'd be fine to just play the part of Kim's daughter but I don't think anyone really believes that.

@Anonymous Thanks for your comments and suggestions! This was definitely the story I wanted to tell with these two but it's absolutely not out of the question that we'll revisit them at some point in the future, following through on their grand adventure.

That story would be interesting but probably isn't something I'd write. I have the opposite problem of Writer's Block and Kim and Sunnie's who ambition was to not live under the judgement of others. They're definitely going to have a hard time being a couple in public but Sunnie could learn restraint with PDAs (heck, they haven't even been in public together yet!)

I do love the idea of Sunnie a few years down the line, with some stability and success. As for children, Kim never did confirm with a doctor that she couldn't get pregnant. So who knows what happens there!

Part of the twisted premise of the story is "falling in love with the wrong person" and for now, it's hard for me to imagine them outside the most unrealistic fantasy of all: a perfect relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love that you took the time to reply. Whatever you write about Kim and Sunnie, I'll read it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love that you took the time to reply. Whatever you write about Kim and Sunnie, I'll read it.

LanceQuiverLanceQuiver7 months ago

Wonderful story! Really fell in love with it, and it definitely choked me up by this point…

Having read your comment below, I agree that it needed to end here. All the drama happened in these first moments together. Its best to let them ride happily into the sunset. My 2 cents anyway.

PortiaPridemoonPortiaPridemoon7 months agoAuthor

Thanks for coming on this journey with us! I'm not ruling out ever revisiting this duo if appropriately inspired. If we do, any conflict will be external because these two are and must remain, perfect for each other.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This is one of the best story arcs I’ve read. I hope the author resumes the arc in the future. It be neat to see some of Sunnie’s lingering feelings transform given her new relationship with her mother. 1) She sought out her mom to breed her for revenge; perhaps now she’s eager to pump as many kids in her as she can to rebuild their family. 2) She wanted to publicly humiliate her mom; maybe now she gets off on more subtle public gestures like her hand on her mom’s pregnant belly in public so people will have an inkling of their relationship. 3) She wanted to destroy her mom’s marriage; she’s mentioned marriage a few times and it would be neat for her to pursue it. 4) Her comic centered on an unrelenting attempt to knock up her mom; yeah she pretty much could still want to do that…

Great writing and very engaging story.

PortiaPridemoonPortiaPridemoonabout 2 months agoAuthor

Thank you, Anon! That's quite a compliment. 2 and 3 are certainly the most likely of those ideas. Sunnie isn't going to be able to keep her hands off her mother, even in public and it seems inevitable in mind, that the two will end up married. Thanks again!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPortiaPridemoon@PortiaPridemoon
Female-forward, sex-positive stories for grownups with overactive imaginations! Characters. Story. Sex with a catch. Big breasts, big cocks, big hearts! I have works in SciFi with "Space Debris," Fantasy with "Pairs of Pumpkins" and present-day with "The Trojan Horse Wore H...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES