All Comments on 'This is you,/This is they,'

by Everettcb

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
PoisonlovePoisonloveover 11 years ago
Excellent!

Inspiring, deep thoughts; it really made think and reach into my soul...found out that I could identify myself with both sides. Now I have to look for an answer....WHO AM I?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I was caught up in the moment! Until....

Until I continued reading.

There is no us, there is no them. We are all one, and all different.

I don't owe you anything, you don't owe me anything.

Maybe back in the cave man days the community had to take care of the unfortunate, but nowadays, there are government programs to help the most downtrodden. There are churches that help. There are people that help. Neighbors, strangers, organizations, groups of people.

If you need it, there is help.

To MAKE people help, that is wrong. To MAKE someone do something because YOU think it is a good thing, that is wrong.

To think that I owe you something because of whatever reason, is wrong.

You are a human being, and if you are an American, you are one of the most fortunate people in the entire history of this world.

It is up to YOU to make use of it. It is up to YOU to make yourself what you will be.

To coast, to roam, to wander aimlessly and ask others to make you want you want to be......is wrong.

Get off your fucking ass and MAKE yourself what you want to be!!!

Believe me, no one is holding you back but YOU!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous