Time In A Bottle Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After what seemed like hours, Kate finally heard David stirring. He slowly came down the hallway, led by the lights on the tree. When he got close she whispered,

"Merry Christmas, baby."

Following the sound to the couch, David saw his life-sized present, wrapped just for him.

"If you want your present, you'll need to unwrap it."

Laughing with his wife, David knelt next to her and lovingly kissed her.

"Merry Christmas, Katie. Is this for me?"

"It could be. Unwrap it and find out."

After unwrapping his present and making love to her several times, the couple spent the morning opening the packages under the tree. Never bothering to dress, they ate breakfast on their lanai, savoring the fresh fruits and fragrant coffee. After bringing their dishes into the kitchen, David sat Kate on the kitchen island, spread her legs open, and proceeded to lick her pussy and suck on her clit. Bringing her to multiple orgasms, David then carried his wife to their bed where they made love again and again, and fell asleep holding each other tight.

New Years Eve found Kate and David celebrating the holiday on their boat along with Jasmine and Pete. After having drinks and dinner in the marina, David took the boat out so the couples could watch midnight fireworks exploding over the ocean.

After finding a place to anchor with nobody else near, both couples soon found themselves sitting in the stern naked, with Kate sitting on David's lap and Jasmine on Pete's. Kate was straddling David facing him, and his hard dick was buried deep in her pussy. At the same time, Pete was fucking Jasmine in the same fashion. The women were holding hands with each other, making for an erotic sight to behold. As the fireworks started, each of the four lovers orgasmed loudly, knowing nobody was close enough to hear.

"Thank you David, for everything you did for me this year. And thank you for all that is coming. I do love our new life, and I love you."

And life went on. Near the end of February, Jasmine tracked David down to talk.

"Have I done something wrong with Kate? Lately she seems distant and quiet, and I can't figure out why."

"I've noticed it too, Jasmine, and it's nothing you did or didn't do. March 1st is coming up. That's the first anniversary of Kate getting shot, and I think that's weighing heavily on her. Her nightmares have returned, but not as bad, so I don't think there's anything we can do but give her some space and listen when she talks. I'm sure she'll be fine after that."

"Wow, ok. I guess I never knew the exact date of the shooting, but that all makes sense. Thanks, David. That's all I needed to hear."

Still, David was worried about his wife, so one morning when she was out he called Moira to get her opinion. Hearing everything going on, Moira agreed with David and his ideas to just let her alone and listen if she talks about it.

"Anything you can do to make her feel loved will help her get through this. I hadn't heard from Kate in a while and I wondered if this was going to happen. Call me if it gets any worse."

March 1st, the day of the fateful shooting came around, and Kate decided to take a sick day from school so she could be alone with her thoughts and feelings. David offered to stay with her, but she said she wanted to be alone. With a loving kiss and a quick 'I love you', David left for school and Kate took her coffee out to their lanai. There she sat, watching the waves crash against the shore, losing herself in the calmness of the day. This past year was full of events she never wanted to relive, but knew would always be with her.

When David arrived home later that afternoon, he found a note on the kitchen island.

David,

I'm out on the beach drawing. Change and come swim with me. Plus, I have a surprise for you.

Katie

Looking out the back window, David saw Kate sitting on a beach chair near the water's edge. A second chair awaited his arrival.

Quickly changing, David joined his wife and greeted her with a kiss.

"Hey, baby. How are you? Did you have a good day?"

"I'm fine, David. And yes, I had a good day. Spent it doing mostly nothing but thinking about the past year and how lucky I am to have you. Plenty of men in your position would've left, not wanting to deal with the aftermath of the shooting. But you didn't. You stayed by my side even when the nurses told you to go home and rest. You were there when I woke up and the amnesia stole my memories of you. You were there to comfort me through my nightmares. You took a leap of faith by bringing me to the islands on our vacation. You brought me back, David. You gave me my life back by loving me and never losing faith in me. And I don't know how I can ever repay you."

"Sweetie, I love you, and I never stopped loving you. Even in those darkest of days, I somehow knew you would come back to me. You don't have to repay me. Just being here with you is enough."

"I know, but after thinking about it, I did come up with something, and I hope you like it. I'm sure you will, but it's not going to get here until some time in September."

David looked at Kate blankly, not understanding what she was saying.

"David, I'm going to have a baby. We're going to have a baby. In September, sometime. Are you ok with it?"

"Am I ok with it? Of course, I'm ok with it. Katie, that's wonderful! So when did this happen?"

"Probably the night of debauchery that was our anniversary, or maybe Christmas day. The other possibility is New Year's Eve, when you drilled me repeatedly on the boat."

David quickly took Kate in his arms, holding her tight and kissing her deeply. As they kissed, he slid his hands down her lush body, slipping them into the bottoms of her bikini and caressing her cheeks. As his hands moved closer to her pussy, Kate moaned and pushed herself tight against David, feeling his hardness against her loins. Anxious for more, David pushed his fingers into Kate's pussy, bringing another moan from her lips.

"Yes, David, but not out here. Take me to bed and make love to me there, and tonight, after it's dark, we can make love on the beach. I love you, baby."

Later that evening, after another round of hot sex, Kate was cuddled up with David in bed, each holding the other.

"So, have you told anyone yet, other than me?"

"No, but I really want to. I want to tell Jen and Sam in person when they get here for Spring Break, but that's three weeks away. I probably should tell Dr. Hansen so she knows, and if I tell Moira, as my doctor, I know she won't tell Jen. It'll probably kill her to keep that secret, so maybe I'll wait until I see her in person as well."

"You need to tell Jasmine. She's been worried sick that she did something wrong because of the way you've been acting this past month. I told her it had to do with the shooting anniversary, but she's still worried about you. In fact, you probably should fit in some 'Kate and Jasmine' time as well. I know she'd love it, and I know you would too."

"You're right. I'll give her a call tomorrow and make a date. And now, my loving husband, are you ready for some hot, Hawaii beach sex with your pregnant wife?"

Three weeks later, David and Kate waited at the Lihue airport for their friends to arrive. Kate was not showing yet, but her toned abs were not as toned, and she was sure Jen would notice. Wearing a t-shirt and shorts worked for now, but once they headed to the beach, her secret would be out. And that's when she would tell them about the baby.

Looking down the terminal they saw their friends Jen, Moira and Sam. As soon as they were spotted, all three started running, meeting Kate and David with hugs and kisses. They hadn't seen each other in eight months and the reunion was loud and joyous.

After everyone had calmed down, David headed for the luggage return to retrieve their bags. Once loaded up, they headed for the Weston.

"We'll get you checked in and then you need to grab your swimsuits and a change of clothes. We're headed to the house for drinks, munchies, and then the beach."

After giving their friends a tour of the house, everyone changed for the beach.

"Beach towels and chairs are on the lanai, so help yourself. And hats and sunscreen are mandatory. Without them, your lily-white skin will turn lobster red in minutes. Especially you, Moira -- with your Irish skin, you might burst into flames."

The girls chattered loudly as chairs, umbrellas, and tables were set up, and food and drink appeared. Cover-ups were taken off and sunscreen liberally applied.

"Kate Silver, what have you done to yourself? You used to be able to bounce quarters off your abs, and now look at them. Have you stopped exercising totally?"

Jen was yelling at her best friend, not noticing the wide grins she and David had on their faces. She kept haranguing Kate until Moira told her to stop.

"Jen, shut up. Look at Katie... and David. She's pregnant, you doofus!"

Jen looked at Kate, then at Moira, and then back at Kate. Seeing her smiling and laughing finally got through, and she began to scream and hug her best friend.

"A baby! A baby! I'm going to be an aunt! I can't believe it. When are you due?"

"Sometime in September, near the end of the month. Yes, you're going to be Auntie Jen. You'll be Auntie Sam. And you'll be Auntie Moira. The best aunties a baby could ever want."

The rest of the afternoon was spent playing in the ocean, swimming and splashing each other. As it got later, David proposed getting the girls back to the resort, as it had been a long day of travel for them. Reluctantly agreeing, everyone cleaned up and made their way back to the house, and David drove them back. With more hugs and kisses, they said their goodnights.

"Sleep in tomorrow and give us a call when you're up. We'll come over and have breakfast with you and show you around the resort and everything there is to do."

The rest of the week was spent showing their friends around the island and using the amenities at the resort. The favorite times were the boat trip to see the Na Pali coast and the day spent hiking in Waimea Canyon.

But all too soon their vacation was over. Saying goodbye to their friends at the airport was difficult. More hugs, lots of tears, and plans to come out over the summer were made.

Jen walked up to David for a final hug.

"I don't know what you're doing for Kate, but I haven't seen her this happy in many years. And as much as I hate to admit it, you two moving here has been for the best."

"Thanks, Jen. She hasn't had a bad nightmare in months, and once we got past the anniversary, she's been a different person. Plus, I can't get her more pregnant, although we keep trying."

That got Jen laughing as she leaned into David and whispered 'I love you for taking care of my best friend. Thanks.'

Two months later school was out, and David was on an all day bike tour with resort guests. Kate had several classes in the afternoon, but was now slowly walking through the resort lobby, looking shell-shocked. Jasmine happened to be in the lobby, saw her friend and hurried over to see what was wrong.

"Katie, are you ok? You look like something is wrong. Let's go to my office so you can sit down."

She took Kate by the arm and started leading her to the office area. Once in Jasmine's office, she shut the door and looked at her worried friend.

"Katie, what's going on? Did your doctor's appointment go ok? Are you ok? Is the baby ok?"

Kate looked at her concerned friend and gave her a slow smile.

"I'm fine. The doctor said I look great and my weight gain is acceptable."

"Great. Then what is going on? You don't look fine. Is the baby ok?"

"No, the baby is not ok. However, the babies are ok. Both of them."

"Twins! You're going to have twins! What a wonderful surprise. What'll David think?"

"Oh, he'll be ok with it, once it all sinks in. As will I. But right now, everything is all jumbled up in my head. This means buying double everything. And we now have to figure out how to add another room so each baby can have their own eventually. Do you think the school board will let us renovate the house?"

"I'm not sure. Pete is gone for a month to do some things for corporate, so I'll give him a call later when I figure out where he is and what time is best to talk."

"Sounds good. And speaking of Pete, how are things with the two of you?"

"For now, everything's great. When we are apart we can't wait to get together. And when we are together, we can't wait to get each other naked and into bed. He's a magnificent lover and if we weren't siblings, we'd be married by now. As it is, we have to be satisfied with just being lovers. And that's fine with me."

"Glad to hear it. And speaking of lovers, want to come over and have lunch with me Sunday? David has a kayaking group all day, so we'll have both the house and the boat to ourselves -- your choice."

"It's a date. Text me with the time, and I'll bring some food with. This will be exciting -- I've never made love to a pregnant woman before."

Later that afternoon, Kate was finishing up with her last activity class when David returned with his group. Seeing Kate, he walked up to her and kissed her, eliciting giggles from the group of young girls she was working with.

"I'll be done here within the hour, so how about we meet at home, clean up, grab some food and head for the boat?"

"Great idea, sweetie. See you soon."

Soon they were sitting on their boat, and after finishing dinner Kate was sitting on David's lap, their arms holding the other close, not saying a word. After a while Kate lovingly kissed David and began to talk.

"A couple of things I have to tell you. First, I love you. Second, while you are gone Sunday with your group, Jasmine is coming over. Pete is gone for a month for work and she is feeling a bit lonely. I'm not sure if we'll stay home or if we'll take the boat out. Third, I love you so much it hurts -- I hope you know that. Fourth, my visit to the doctor went really well. She's happy with all my numbers and all looks good. Finally, there is one more thing dealing with the pregnancy -- when the doctor was listening for the baby's heartbeat she said it was good and strong. Then she said both heartbeats were good and strong. David, we're going to have twins."

******

"Yes, Jen, we're set. We've got people at the resort and the school on baby watch, the nursery is set up, so we are as ready as possible. And thanks again for the virtual baby shower. Katie loved it, and all the gifts were great. I think you gave the UPS driver a heart attack when he delivered all the boxes... Yep, I'll get pictures of the nursery to you to share with the teachers at school... Yes, Jen, you'll be the first one I call when I can -- day or night... Yep, I've got your number, Sam's number, Moira's number and the school's number all on speed dial, so as soon as something happens, you'll know... Yeah, Katie's going to be sad she missed you, so I'll give her an extra hug and kiss from you... Ok, thanks for calling and we'll talk soon."

******

Several weeks later David took his students to perform at several nursing homes and senior centers in the area. Back at school, he had them putting away their props and costumes when there was a knock on his classroom door. Looking up he saw the principal, the assistant principal, and a police officer -- and his heart fell. No! This couldn't be happening again. This was just like the day of Kate's shooting, and David froze. Seeing his distress, the principal finally spoke.

"David, Kate's water broke while you were gone, and we couldn't get you on your phone. She's fine, having contractions, but all is good. The ambulance is taking her to the hospital as we speak, and this officer is going to drive you there. I also spoke with Jasmine and she and Pete will get your car and meet you in Lihue. So pack up your stuff, dad, and get going."

Hearing the good news, the classroom erupted in cheers, laughter, and tears. Several students came up to David and told him they would take care of everything in the room. Several girls hugged him and told him to let them know when they could babysit. And with that, he was gone.

He arrived at the hospital about 30 minutes after Kate, and was rushed to the maternity area where he found Kate almost ready to give birth. Quickly gowning up, he rushed to her side where she greeted him with a grunted 'about time.'

Kissing her gently, he whispered 'I love you too' as she began to push. With each contraction Kate squeezed David's hand tighter as she struggled to give birth. Finally the doctor announced seeing the first baby's head crowning, and then she was out. Not able to let up yet, Kate kept her death grip on David's hand while she pushed baby number two out. Minutes later the doctor announced they had a boy as well.

Relief flooded the room as the nurses took care of the babies and the doctor attended to Kate. David leaned over and kissed Kate again.

"Great job, mom. Now just relax and let the doctor finish her work. I love you, babe."

"I love you too."

Suddenly, Kate's grip on David's hand loosened and then fell away. She looked pale and moaned 'oh god, it hurts'. David looked at the doctor who began checking Kate once again. Suddenly she told the nurses to get David out of the room and for someone to call for a surgeon. And then he was pushed out and into another room to wait.

Some time later, tired and disheveled, David made his way to the waiting room to find Jasmine, Pete, the school principal and the officer who drove him to the hospital all waiting to hear the news.

"We have two beautiful, healthy babies. Leilani and Jim. They're doing fine, but there were complications with Kate. She started to bleed internally and the doctor couldn't stop it. She and the surgeon decided the only thing to do was an emergency hysterectomy, and that worked. Katie will be fine, but can't have another child. But I think having only these two will be just fine."

******

23 years later...

"Come on, sis, hurry up. The aunties will be at the airport before we are."

"Ok, I'm coming, I'm coming. Keep your shirt on. Did you even check the airline to see if they were on time? Because I just did, and their plane is about an hour late, so settle down, bro."

"Ok. Thanks for checking. I guess I'm just excited to see them again. And so happy they could all make it for the wedding."

"Jim, you know our aunties -- they wouldn't miss your wedding for anything. With everything that's happened, I'm sure they are salivating over this, just waiting to play aunties."

With everything that's happened, she thought...

To be continued... and finished...