Time Never Waits Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nodding, "Now, did you by chance show him what that is?"

"Well, no, I went over it with the mover guy."

"You're talking about the owner?"

"Yes."

"Where's the owner?"

"He had to go sort out a problem on another job."

"Did the thought occur to you that he may have neglected to inform the foreman, thinking maybe you would handle that?"

"Well, no, I just think he should have."

I just nodded, leaned back and waited.

Sabrina came in with the offending party. I looked at him and put my hand on the pistol. I had unloaded it before putting it in the drawer. In the chamber was a Snap Cap. A plastic round with a spring loaded primer that allowed you to dryfire it without damaging it.

I looked at him,

"Sir, you have been charged with not being able to read minds. How do you plead?"

"Huh?"

"You're moving out furniture that was supposed to be left."

"Hey, he called me and told me to come finish this move. He was gone when I got her and never said anything about that."

"So, you don't read minds?"

"No. I d... What the hell is going on here. Why you have that gun out?"

"Apparently my mother thinks that not being able to read minds is call for killing you."

Mom spoke up.

"I said I wasn't serious about that."

"Ok, so, how about you communicate with him about what's expected of him."

He was looking around, wondering if he was gonna get out of here alive.

"M'am, believe me, there's no call for this. All you have to do is tell me what you want done."

He looked at me, worry in his eyes, I just shook my head slightly and winked. He picked up on what I was doing then, just fucking with her.

I looked at her,

"Think you can handle that?"

"I, um, yes, I can do that. Now put that fucking thing away."

She turned and took the man by the arm and set out to handle the problem.

I sighed. Hopefully that will be the last I hear about that. I thought about that diagram of the house.

"Sabrina, come look at this and tell me what you make of it."

I pulled it out of the drawer and handed it to her. She sat down and studied it closely. After a few minutes, she handed it back and spoke,

"It's a map of some sort. The X's mark the spot, or spots, in this instance."

I looked at it again in a renewed light.

I looked over at the wall to my left. There was an X drawn on it in the diagram. Getting to my feet, I stepped over to the spot. It was a bookshelf. I'd seen enough to know there was something behind it. She and I started taking the dusty books and carefully stacking them. Then we hunted the hidden latch. It was a pretty ingenious but simple affair. Pull out on the top shelf and push down. I heard the click. Pulling on it, it rolled easily out, revealing a space as wide as the shelves covering it and just over two feet deep.

What was revealed left us stunned...