Time Never Waits Pt. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Feliz compleaños, amigo."

"Gracias, jefe."

"Come with me."

I grabbed the drinks and led the way back, pointing to the saddle.

"For you, my friend."

He knelt down running his hand over it's finely tooled surface. Seeing the thick silver plate with his name engraved. He looked back up at me, his eyes glistening with tears.

He spoke softly,

"Patron, muchas gracias. Este es el de los regalos."

He picked it up, took off his hat and bowed slightly,

"Perdonenme señor y señora."

Then took off, yelling at everybody to come look.

"What did he say?"

"It was the best gift ever."

I held my hand out,

"I'm going inside. I need to rest my eyes and sleep. Enjoy the party."

I headed in, not expecting her to accompany me, but she did anyway. I went to my bedroom, stripped down and just called it a day. I figured tomorrow would come soon enough.She crawled in with me, snuggling up close, grabbing my hand and placing it on her full breast.

I woke with a start. Awakened by a dream that stayed just beyond the reach of my recollection. I sighed and laid my head back down. She stirred gently and wiggled back into me. Her easy breathing ending in a cute little snore. I realized she and I haven't yet consummated our association. I figure it'll happen when the time is right.

This woman affected me in so many different ways. With a pang, I thought of Angela. The relationship Angela and I shared was something seemingly out of a fairy tale. But, had it been real? I don't mean real as in it only existed in some deluded fantasy. The feelings had been, no...They were real.

But this? Here, right now? It seemed somehow different. More like something transcendental. In that it extended beyond mere emotional context. It was like we needed each other in ways that we had yet to define.

I shook my head, breaking out of the melancholic pursuits. I needed to focus on business this morning.

Speaking of morning, what time was it? I lifted my head and looked at the clock. The little red numbers informed me that it was 0412.

Shit. Ok, no time like the present. I eased out of bed. Gently covered her back up, brushed the hair back off her face, and kissed her, gently touching her cheek.

I slipped on a robe and went to the courtyard. Well fuck. It had been raining and was still sprinkling. So, to the hangar. Before I got there, I saw the other helicopter parked there. I went and looked it over. Hearing voices inside the hangar, the pilot was sitting with the mechanic, drinking coffee. I went in.

"Well, I see you reprobates are up bright and early with me."

The pilot laughed,

"You know how it is, boss, birds of a feather and all that shit."

"Oh, believe me, I drive the bus."

"Well boss, what's the plan here? I took Sabrina to Houston and booted her ass out."

I gestured to the new addition.

"He flew it here, so obviously it works. I want you two to go over it with a fine tooth comb. Fix, replace, update, upgrade, anything and everything. Make it look like its mommy just popped it out of her sweet little twat."

"Yes sir."

I headed back, went to the driveway, the trucks were there. The safe was sitting on a pallet in the back of the black one I had borrowed. I tested its weight. Nope. Not carrying it. So back to the house. Taped to the front door was a big manila envelope containing rental agreements and keys to locks. So, the move was completed.

So far, so good. I went to the kitchen. Consuela was in there with Marilyn. Consuela poured a mug of mulled cider and came to me.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"The party, Luis' gift. He made me sleep on the couch and fucked his new saddle last night. You made him so happy. Nobody ever did something like that for him before."

"I was glad to be able to do it."

"Do you want breakfast?"

"No, just get everybody else fed."

"I'm having the women cut up the barbecue. What do you want to do with it?"

"Pass it around. Whoever wants some."

"Well, we cooked a lot. Served a lot. Still have a couple hundred pounds left."

"Well, slice it up, put it in one pound packages, and take it to the church homeless shelter."

"Now that's a good idea. You're always thinking about others."

I shrugged. She turned me and smacked me on the ass,

"Vamos! I've got work to do and you're making my panocha wet."

So me and my cider went to the office. I got out a pen and paper and started making a list of things I want to bring across. There was a lot, but it had to fit in the circle. I planned the concrete buildings about double what I figure they needed to be. Just in case the fucking thing grew bigger.

I planned mainly on electronics of course, but there were some other things from the era that would make life so much easier and better. Starting with weapons and body armor for my guards. As well as communication equipment. Night vision and thermal equipment.

I went to the barn and stepped across. First thing's first. I got online and started ordering shit. I stopped before I figured my order from each supplier before I figured it would find it's way to somebody's desk.

I ordered twenty AR15 M4 complete parts kits with 80 percent receivers and jigs. Then headed to another site. Then I ordered a turn-key ammunition manufacturing system from a well known company. I was called by a rep almost immediately. We worked out what I wanted and would accompany the equipment upon completion to train and assist in bringing online.

I didn't want to depend on the market for ammo. Next, call a couple buddies that made their living as chemists and chemical engineers. I laid out what I wanted. Gun powder and primers. They agreed to my offer.I'd set them up in business, they were to keep and sell anything beyond my needs.

Then it's off to copper, brass, and lead suppliers. I explained what I needed. We agreed on a schedule and pricing structure.

China was the largest importer. So, I got the best deal by buying bulk. My first lead order was 500 metric tons. Delivered within 30 days. Plus metric tons of sheet copper and brass.

Long story short, I was going to start manufacturing ammo, with my own brass, powder, primers, and bullets. The armor and weapon equipment will be here in a couple of days.

I looked at the clock. 1230. Damn, I've been on this for hours. I headed back across and went to the office..

Mom came in and sat down with coffee in hand.

"Afternoon mommy dearest."

She sipped her coffee. I knew she had some things to say or discuss, but she had never been one to just jump in. She thought her words out carefully.

The phone rang. It was Sabrina.

"Ok, here's what we got so far. All but two hands showed up. We have 22. Plus the manager. He's seriously impressed me so far. Stepped right in and took over. I'm shopping for office people now. I'll handle it until they get them here. I need to find the manager a secretary. He seems to be a hands on type and need someone to keep his office straight. I have an interview with a couple of experienced maintenance guys later. So far, everything's going smooth. There was a line of customer trucks waiting. I'd called a security service and they sent two over. I fired one for treating the drivers with serious disrespect. The drivers are loving the lounge you provided. So far, so good."

"Outstanding Sabrina.Spend a couple of days getting them situated, then come on back. I've got something for you."

Then hung up, and turned to mom,

"Well, son, I guess that didn't work out."

"No, sometimes it doesn't. Take your time. It'll work out. If it doesn't, well, you don't have anything to worry about."

"Thank you, honey."

Ginger came in with Carol. Carol went to her desk, Ginger to me.

I hit the intercom.

"I need some able bodied men to the office, please."

Four guards showed up.

"I need two things. A stand of some sort with heavy boards on concrete blocks"

I pointed where I wanted it.

"Then get that safe in the back of the black '76 Ford and bring it in."

They headed out. Ok, next. I focused on Ginger.

"Let's go check progress."

We went and hopped on a golf cart and started at the front gate. New grass had been planted where the tunnels had been buried. There were fighting posts every so far along the fence. They allowed for overlapping fields of fire. The guard house was being retrofitted with upgrades.

Next was the clinic. I had yet to meet Steve's brother. Both he and Steve were supervising the installation of equipment. We got out and passed through the gate that was installed behind the building. Going in, I saw Steve and his brother. I interrupted them long enough to meet him and introduce them to Ginger. Explaining to them her position in the organization. If it had to do with conducting business, you answered to her.

The clinic would be inspected and licensed in no time and open to the public. But, my primary focus was treating my people. Satisfied, we went to the barn. The walls were up. Soon to be followed by the roof. Then pouring the floor and interior wall after tearing the barn down. Thankfully, it was a barn not used in daily operations, but for a catch-all storage building.

Now, off to the lake. I went to the metal building concealing the drive in entrance to the entry tunnel leading to the bunker. We drove in, hit the button, the ramp lowered, allowing access. Unless you were looking specifically for it, you would never even suspect it was there.

We drove down to the entrance. Some men were installing a checkpoint at the doorway. Guards would be posted around the clock. Now, the water level. We headed out and, parking, walked to the bank. The water was coming up fast. We went to the floating dock. It was actually floating now. There was a stairway leading to the roof. The roof was fenced off with waist high railing. Lights on poles fixed in each corner. There was outdoor furniture already in place. Looking good. Now, just need fish. I'd prepaid for all the fish I wanted stocked. The company I hired to engineer and oversee the construction would also be in charge of fishery management.

I guess that leaves the lodge complex. The crews were applying stucco siding and tile roofing, completing the dry in. Crews were inside installing insulation and dark wood paneling. The commercial kitchen was coming right along. The whole thing was tiled and stainless steel. There were drains on the floor. The kitchen can be hosed out and scrubbed. The drains would be plumbed to settling tanks, then the water filtered and pumped into the lake. I planned on using biodegradable cleaners and soaps.

Back to the office. Ok, tour complete. The safe was set up on the make shift stand. Ginger opened it a inventoried the contents. All present and accounted for. She closed it back up. Then came and sat down. She was studying me closely. I was about to inquire into her intentions when Grams and Ruth came in. They both came over and did their level best to smother me.

Grams turned to Ginger followed by Ruth. She stuck her hand out.

"I'm Alice, his grandmother. This is Ruth, his former elementary school teacher."

Ruth offered her hand.

"I'm Ginger Maddison. His new business manager."

"I see, well, welcome Ginger."

She went and sat down.

"Son, we've got a beach house now. I used the plans you showed me snd had it built like you wanted it. Well, I say we have one, it's in the initial stages. But, it's on the water. The lot is 120 acres."

"Looks like y'all have been busy."

"You're ok with this, aren't you?"

"Of course, if it's what you want, I'm sure I'll enjoy it, too."

There was too much going on here. I couldn't think.

"Ok, if you ladies will excuse me. I need to handle some business

The intercom crackled to life.

"Boss, hangar, you order a ride for a party of six from Houston?"

"Yes, go get them."

"Yes sir."

Followed a few minutes later by the helicopter leaving. I calculated flight time. Ok, don't get carried away. Have to be available when they arrive. I set about gathering up everything needed to interest this group of eclectic individuals to come to work for me. I figured the best way was to get them all in a room, lay out what was required of them, then let them work out a compensation package among themselves.

I'd need top tier housing for them. Which led me to the next question. Would they be happy in the Texas Panhandle. It's not, afterall, known for aesthetically pleasing geographic features. So, I started running a revised program through my mind.

I could easily truck silica sand in from the source. It wouldn't be ideal, but then what situation ever is.

"Ginger, I need you to revise the construction plans for the plant in Amarillo and be prepared to relocate it."

"To where?"

"I'm not sure yet. Just get with Mark and have him ready to relocate everything. It may not need to be, but, if does, I want to be ready."

Sabrina called in,

"I got a full time crew for night shift. I talked to everybody about shift hours. It was unanimously 12 hours. Me and the manager interviewed a half a dozen candidates. He has a secretary. We need bookkeepers and logistics analysts. There are several candidates for each position inbound as we speak. So, we will be fully staffed by tomorrow. We are already at ninety plus percent capacity. They're asking about the trucking side."

"I have people inbound any time now. Did you say ninety plus percent capacity?"

"Yes, the warehouses will be at capacity by end of business today. I'm talking to a couple of Mark's top people about expanding the warehouse space. Doubling it, in fact. We've got a waiting list backing up."

"A million square feet. Filled."

"Yep. You just didn't plan on such a response so soon."

"No, I didn't."

She hung up.

Fuck. Now what? I'd need every available crew over there around the clock.

"Carol, locate Mark, I need him here now."

"He's in Amarillo bringing your beef and pork processing plants online."

"Tell him I'm sending the jet after him. Meet it at the airport."

I called the plane pilot.

"Go to Amarillo and pick up Mark. I need him here yesterday."

"Yes sir. On the way."

The guards escorted Gingers brother in. His crew were out in the courtyard.

He stuck his handout.

"Justin Maddison. Pleased to meet you."

"Travis Miller."

"Ginger say's you need drivers?"

I nodded.

"Yep. In fact, I need a whole trucking company."

"Well, that I've got. Drivers plus all the office people. What trucks are you running?"

"All new fully spec'd 379 Peterbilts."

"Trailers?"

"Lufkin."

"Ok, so, where is your yard?"

"Houston. New facility."

"Well, point the way, I'll get you set up."

"Y'all ride the helicopter?"

"Naw, we drove up."

"Ok, call this number when you get to Houston. That's the warehouse office number. Sabina, she's my personal assistant, will get you set up. There's driver's rooms and lounge there. You check in every day with Ginger. Y'all get the compensation package worked out?"

"Yes sir. We are ready to rock and roll. She said we were switching to a different type of fuel?"

"Yes, sometime in the near future. I have some infrastructure to get in place first."

"Sounds good."

"Ok, I'll be over soon to see y'all."

He left. I hoped I wasn't wrong in trusting Ginger's judgement. But, I took a leap of faith based on my educated powers of reasoning and deduction, and followed my conclusion.

I thought of the demand for my warehousing program. I figured to be a year, or maybe even two, before realizing the capacity it was currently sitting at. How had I been so mistaken in my calculations? The answer to that question was actually more simple than it appeared at first glance.

My education dealt with quadratic equations. Formulations. Statistical reasoning. But those all shared a common denominator. Numbers. Those numbers can be strung together to explain even the creation of the Universe itself. What they can't unilaterally accomplish is predicting human behavior. That simply was not even remotely possible. What applies right now is due to change without notice for any number of reasons.

Well, back to reacting instead of acting upon forward momentum.

"Ginger, I need more warehousing. More like in Houston. But double or more in size. I also have a bad feeling the demand for integrated logistics services is going to overwhelm us. Let's start moving fast. Pay off anybody you need to in order to expedite the goddamn permitting process. I don't care how you do it so long as some poor working man doesn't get fucked in the process."

Carol came over,

"The plane is on the runway, about to take off."

"Thank you."

I got up and went outside. It had warmed up considerably. Getting on a golf cart, I headed to the lake, driving over to the feed line. It was still pumping billions of gallons of water. I was glad I invested in the million gallon tanks, ten of them actually. It allowed my desalination filters to stay ahead of the curve. I had four filtration units working. Two pumping while two were offline for service. A few more days and the lake will be at capacity.

Now, to the other side. I need servers to store and process incoming reports. I also needed a Cray to analyze that information and predict conditions in order to make educated decisions.

I heard a beeping under the roar of the water, looking around, I saw a guard coming on a golf cart. He pulled up,

"Boss, there's a bunch of geeky looking dudes waiting on you in your office."

"Ok, thanks."

Shit, the electronics people.

I headed back. Going in, I introduced myself.

"Ok, to the point. I would like to employee you people to head up my data center and research and development program. If you're as good as I suspect you are, I'll provide you with an almost unlimited budget to develop new progressions in not only existing technologies, but develop new ones as well."

I looked around the gathering and saw faces filled with hope. Finally. Someone that understood them.

"First, I have a test I'd like for you to take."

I drew the basic diagram of a standard dual core processor. Then handed it to the professor.

"I would like for y'all to tell me what this represents."

I went and got $7,000 from the vault and sat back down. They were huddled up, brainstorming. The professor stepped back, smiling at me.

One of the younger students suddenly turned,

"I know it's a processor of some kind. I've never seen anything like it, though."

Everyone agreed.

"Correct. It's a 32 gigabyte dual core processor to be exact."

One of the students spoke up.

"32 gigabyte? That's not even possible."

"Are you sure? Are you absolutely certain?"

He looked at me intently, then studied the diagram some more. Finally nodding.

"Well, the architecture is right. So, no, I'm not certain."

"Right. Here anything is possible. Always remember that. Impossibility only becomes possible when you fail to believe in possibility itself. Look at the space around you. Out into the night sky. Someone designed that. Then built it. Look at all the technology available to you today. Someone said to themselves one day, this is possible. How many ridiculed them. Tried to impose their own limitations onto that belief? No, ladies and gentlemen. My philosophy here is, the difficult we do right away. The impossible just takes a little longer."

I picked up the cash and handed it out.

"I'll leave you to discuss your decision."

They all spoke up, almost in unison.

"We're in."

"Excellent. Go home and get your business handled. Be back here in a week."

Alone again. Now, time to plan. I needed more cement plants. More crews. More equipment. I want warehouses and accompanying truck terminals going up simultaneously.

Houston will be doubled in capacity. I want a complex in Dallas, Oklahoma City, Kansas City, Saint Louis, Chicago, Memphis, New Orleans, shit, every major city across the nation. Money. Ok, idea. Where did that other come from? Columbia? Naw, too much shit can go wrong. That leaves me. We're talking billions here. To build the largest logistics system in history.