Twins Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know Sir but the witness statements seem to show that he has some strange ability to be able to make a person do whatever he wants and then forget it. All the victims have said this and the officer who released him." the detective said, "The two officers in the car said they saw him coming and when he was next to them he held out his hand like a claw and something shimmered in his hand and then the window smashed in but they swear he didn't throw anything."

"The boy is only nineteen, how did he put two burly police officers in hospital?"

"All the officers said that he made the claw with both hands and something hit them very hard and knocked them over thirty feet away, he is fit but he didn't actually touch them to do it and one more thing that is not in the submitted report but is in this one," and he passed the folder to the Deputy, "Is that his cricket coach told me that he could do things with a cricket ball when he bowled that seemed impossible and one of his co-players said that he deliberately tried to injure the opposition batsmen in the local cricket league, leaving them with broken bones."

*I wonder who that co-player was?* Alison laughed.

#Shush Ali, we need to hear if we have to give him a little 'push' to agree.#

"And you think he could do this to people in the courtroom?"

"Yes or put a not guilty command in the jury members heads or the judge's, it sounds crazy but there is too much circumstantial evidence against him to want to take the risk, even though we have found his DNA on every victim." the detective summarized.

"The case will be heard in the Crown Court in eight weeks, I will consider this and let you know my decision, next week Detective, thank you, you may go."

#I'm going in for a peek.#

And he slipped into the senior officer's mind to see what he thought once the detective had left.

'It seems ridiculous, making people do things and forget it, some sort of force field that can break windows and knock officers over. Is it possible? There must be a logical reason for all this...' he thought, #But too many people have sworn he can do these things, many of my own officers too... Better to be safe than sorry, we can monitor him in the prison video link room too... Yes we'll do it, better to be safe than sorry.# Adam added this to the man's own thoughts and once he had agreed with himself, Adam slipped out.

~Nicely done Addy.~

*That should ensure the safety of the people in court anyway, I'll tell Nik at lunchtime.*

A couple of weeks later was the twin's birthdays and the four of them were delivered to the local bowling alley where they had a great time without using their abilities to cheat. Nik won the night with Adam second followed by Alison and Lindsey bringing up the rear, because of her petite size and lack of physical strength compared to the other three but she didn't care because she was with people she loved. Afterwards they went to their favourite pizza restaurant and were collected later by Steven. They split up as before and Adam went to Lindsey's house so Nik could stay in his bedroom.

Three weeks later it was Lindsey's birthday and she definitely didn't want to go bowling, so they went to the cinema to watch a film that they all wanted to see, followed by dinner at her favourite restaurant.

Another three weeks to Nik's birthday and he wanted the bowling but they agreed to add two pins to Lindsey's score on every round and she actually beat Alison with Nik winning again.

The court case against Reynard Jackson started the following Monday, he pleaded not guilty to all the charges but was obviously furious to be in court via video link. The rape victims were lettered from A to M and would be dealt with in this court case..

All the other counts of assault on the police officers and the last victim's parents, including the attempted murder of their daughter would be brought to court on a separate occasion. Each victim was only visible to the jury and the judge as some of them were under age of eighteen at the time.

The foursome dropped in occasionally during the week, passing the information to the others, Jackson's temperament varied from angry to furious at what he was hearing after Mai Ling's testimony, especially the slogan 'Another white fuck-slut destroyed' that the second girl told the court she remembered him saying after he finished.

He ranted and swore that she was lying and threw his chair at the monitor, he had to be restrained by the two officers guarding him. The monitor was quickly replaced and he was handcuffed to the fixed table before the proceedings could continue. Cross examination by the defence council could not shake the girl's testament and they went through four girl's each day for three days.

The fourth day was the turn of the last girl with the most injuries to give her evidence, first of the original attack and then of her attempted murder in her bedroom. When she described him trying to reach her but something stopped him, the judge asked some questions about what she thought it was, and could she see anything in between them but she said that she couldn't see or feel anything, then she heard the sirens and he ran away.

Everyone in the court could hear Jackson screaming and shouting from his monitor as the officers tried to hold him steady but he stood up, screamed and the chain between the handcuffs melted. Everyone in the courtroom were staring at the monitor as he aimed hands like claws at them, then fiery balls shot towards them, then the screen went black, so the judge decided to adjourn the court for an early lunch.

~He used power balls to destroy the video link, I hope he didn't hurt the officers in there with him.~

In the afternoon he was back in a stronger chair, with his hands cuffed together behind the chair and to it as well. The officers from the stakeout car gave their statements, then the girl's parents and the officers who captured him in the back alley gave their accounts as did the forensic scientists. The judge ruled that the summing up by the prosecution and the defence would be done in the morning and he adjourned the court for the rest of the day.

The four discussed the events so far at lunchtime, especially his use of the power balls to destroy the chain and two monitors and hurting the two officers in with him.

#They definitely know now that he has some special powers that he has used in his crimes.#

*I hope that they ignore the girl's testimony about the shield or someone could go snooping into his history and end up finding us.*

~We'll just have to deal with that if it happens, meanwhile we will have to be more careful when we are out practicing in future.~

%It might be worth checking Jackson's parents and grandparents and maybe wipe any memories of the drug trial from their minds for our own safety.%

#That's probably a good idea, protecting ourselves and our families must be our priority.#

%I know where he lives so we can check his parents tonight and find the grandparents from them.%

*Okay, we'll join you after dinner tonight.*

%Okay.%

The team did their homework before dinner as usual and relaxed for a while, ate and retired to their bedrooms to link with Nik.

*Okay honey, we're all here.*

%Alright, come on in and we'll check his parents.%

It took the group mind barely a minute and found Mrs Jackson watching a film on TV, her husband was in bed asleep. They slipped into her mind and sent her to sleep and found her parents address and noted them before looking for hints that she knew what Reynard had been doing. When he came home bloody, he just told her that he'd been fighting and to @mind her own damned business.@

Nik wiped the memory of the drug trial from her mind and moved on to the father who was big, strong and mean, having suffered racial discrimination all his life and had fought for his right to be equal to the white majority and he'd brought his son up the same way. Nik did the same wipe on his mind and left him to his own brand of bigotry.

%Reynard's dad is ten years older than his mum and his parents are both dead but her's live a couple of miles away, so we'll go there next.%

These grandparents were both in their early sixties and were sat watching TV together, they gently fell asleep in their armchairs. Both were nice people and it was a simple job to remove the memories of the drug trial and let them wake up naturally.

#Hopefully that will be the end of any link from him to us.#

*Tomorrow will be the summing up by the barristers and the judge, then the jury will retire to debate the case but I hope they come to a decision fairly quickly.*

#I reckon that the judge won't take too long to recall the court once they have made a decision, he will probably adjourn for a while to deliberate then reconvene to pass sentence.#

They mentally kissed goodnight and went to sleep.

Nik was peeking into the courtroom the next morning during a free period, the others came in at break and listened to the defence councillor summing up (they'd missed the prosecution). There wasn't much he could say except to play the racial card in the hope that the two black jurors could be swayed and might persuade others. The judge made his final statements and sent the jury to deliberate in another room.

Nik had to go but the other three followed the jury and listened to what they had to say, their first vote was unanimous and the foreman opened the door and informed the official that they were ready. The court re-convened five minutes later and when the judge asked the foreman for the verdict, he replied 'GUILTY, on all charges' and a scream of 'NO!' was heard from the new prison monitor. The jury was dismissed and the court was adjourned for half an hour while the judge deliberated on the sentence.

Just before the half hour had expired, Alison asked to go to the toilet and sat down in a cubicle to pee and tuned in on the court and found the judge's chambers and slipped into his mind to see what sentence he would give. The judge was concluding to himself about the fact that Reynard Jackson had been found guilty of thirteen heinous crimes against women, but he was only a young man, so maybe a maximum of twenty years would be sufficient.

'That's not good enough Judge' she thought and changed a couple of things so when he returned to the court he summed up the crimes, then announced,

"You are hereby sentenced to life in a maximum-security prison, to serve a minimum of thirty-five years followed by a thorough mental assessment before being eligible for parole." and his gavel banged on the block "The court is dismissed."

Alison returned to class and told the others the verdict and sent a quick message to Nik with a kiss.

#I hope that they never give him the chance to escape, or we might have to deal with him again.# to which they all agreed.

Epilogue

The four continued as a group, as well as two couples, doing well in their final exams and all went on to university, Adam studied criminology and forensics, Lindsey did psychology, Nik continued in his favourite field of electronics and Alison studied general medicine.

Nicholas and Alison found time to search out both of the two officers who were injured in their police car by Jackson's power balls, they had recovered sufficiently to return to work in a few days' time but showed the scars.

*You do the work and I'll keep her parents asleep Nik.* Alison said.

He put her into a deeper sleep then rebuilt her nose better that the surgeons had done, fixed the cracked eye socket and cheekbone. They swapped over so that Alison could sooth out the trauma of the incident, leaving the woman accepting the incident as part of the job.

*Hey Nik, she really fancies her partner, maybe we can do a little matchmaking here.*

%Like you did with Lin and Addy.% he responded and they both laughed.

The male officer was less injured but still had hairline cracks and a slight depression in his skull where the power ball hit his head and he still suffered from frequent headaches. Nicholas pulled the depressed bone pieces back into place and mended the cracks, then made sure that the headaches wouldn't return. Finally he boosted the attraction he felt for his partner, with the determination to ask her out on a date when they were next on duty.

Epilogue

Reynard Jackson used his abilities to try and escape but failed, his anger needed an outlet which meant that he hurt people (both guards and inmates) to get what he wanted in the maximum-security prison in which he had been incarcerated. After a few weeks he was out in the exercise yard for his one hour of exercise allowed per day, when he was suddenly surrounded by forty angry inmates.

They crowded in on him and despite him killing a few with his mental abilities, there were plenty of others with makeshift 'shivs' who were eager to test them in him. The guards sounded the alarm and many officers arrived to break up the riot, but what they found was a dozen dead inmates some without any physical injuries, others with fractured skulls or severe burns and a thirteenth with over a hundred stab wounds, making the prison and the world a much better and safer place.

Once all four had completed their degrees, they formed the LANA Detective Agency, using their initials.

~You do realise that in a different order that spells 'anal,' don't you?~ Lindsey giggled and they all laughed but stuck with LANA. They all passed their driving tests and with the parents/grandparents help bought cars for the women and small vans for the men to make suitable for their needs.

They took on all kinds of cases, using their skills and abilities to get results, sometimes passing on details to the police, if that was necessary, or dealing with the problem themselves, earning good money which improved as their reputation grew.

Eventually the two couples, Adam and Lin, Alison and Nicholas got married in a double wedding followed by a double honeymoon. The women were on the pill and the men were happy not to have to use condoms anymore.

The End

1...5678910