All Comments on 'Two Rings and New Beginnings'

by AdoringYou

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
TwentysevenTwentysevenover 1 year ago

Well, it's all tied up in a pretty pink bow, but fundamentally it's about a woman who marries for money and when she gets her own, abandons her loving husband and fucks around. Hardly uplifting.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Hope she finds what she is looking for!

4

JAFCritic3JAFCritic3over 1 year ago

This story surprised me. That the wife and husband split up with no fireworks. That he took his wife’s offer to go be with another woman/call girl. That there’s no mention of divorce yet they now live separate lives.

So I’m not sure how to respond to this story. It seems that it should be In erotic couplings. I imagine that it will get a lot of negative reviews here though. It doesn’t seem to fit the expectations for this genre.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just another story about a selfish cheating bitch who uses people who love her to get what she wants. Hopefully some STD's are in her near future!

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

What a horrible woman and a stupid man. She wasn't a gold digger? I was hoping that when she had been well used she would realise what she had thrown away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very confusing story. The husband is happy she left him because she got him a hooker once?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Had to be a black guy with an enormous cock. You know, the ones that don't exist outside of porn. Gotta keep the woke train rumbling along. 1*

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 1 year ago

Just stupid, as a story. Why would a husband who perhaps claims he loves his wife, just accept a night in a Hotel with possibly a hooker, without even questioning the wife? I mean, really? The removal of both their wedding rings indicates them getting divorced. So, as a single person taking a cruise, she can do whatever slutty thing she wants.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Huh? So let me see if I can figure this out…..

.

Wife married hubby because he was a nice guy AND had money…which she didn’t. She liked him OK, but didn’t really “love” him.

.

Then she inherits a huge pile of $$$. Now she can be “free”….no need for Jay anymore. She’s going to leave him. But feeling guilty, she hets Jay a going away gift of a night of sexual bliss with a pro. For some unexplained reason, he just goes…and takes full advantage.

.

So off she goes on a cruise and commences to have her own sexual extravaganza. It was unclear if hubby set it up for her, but he DID apparently know and approve of the trip. Even wrote her a note to fully enjoy herself.

.

Did not understand why he wanted to hear all about it, though.

.

What was missing from tne story was any insight into what this couple’s personal relationship was leading up to this story. It was implied that Jay really did love Sam…but that Sam was just “in like” with Jay. What is hard to discern from what was written was whether Jay has any interest in staying with this woman going forward. What is easier to figure out is that Sam has no further interest in staying married to Jay…she is now rich, and seems overly eager to go on a cock sampling expedition 🤗

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

strange story, really. So she was a gold digger, in a way. What I wonder is why Jay is so calm with all of this and how he knew what was going on in order to so easily accept the night with the hooker? Is it because he knows no matter what he now gets 50% of that money she inherited?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What incredible bullshit.

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

A story about self indulgence from a wife for whom we are supposed to feel empathy and sorrow. Not happening.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And the point of all of this is...?

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Interesting... like O. Henry's 'Gift of the Magi' meets Hunter S. Thompson. Very well-written--visually acute, well-paced and tight. 5/5!

UnassignedUnassignedover 1 year ago

I'm kind of in like with this story, but not in love. It's a more interesting story than it should be, given the inconsistencies and holes. First, it *seems* like Jay is actually in love with Sam but has (at some point we don't get to see, unfortunately) recognized the marriage is irretrievably over due to Sam's newfound wealth. So he accepts, without question or hesitation, a night with a high-end escort? Doesn't make sense at all, especially given that he loves her and the fat lady hasn't yet sung. In fact, Jay doesn't seem sad or angry in the least, or willing to make even a token effort to save the relationship. Second, Sam claims to not be a gold digger (and he agrees?), but if it quacks like a duck . . . at the first instance of having independent wealth, she bails. Jay is simply too accepting, too unfeeling about what is happening, even encouraging her to go out and get laid, and laid, and laid, and laid.

.

I actually would like a sequel to this. Perhaps she'll realize that there's more to happiness than a "spark". Or maybe there isn't. Is this a case of "if you love something, set it free"?

.

Note to "strange story" anonymous. Sam's inheritance is separate property and Jay has absolutely no claim to any of it. If she was incredibly honorable, though, she'd voluntarily share at least some with Jay (more than a several thousand dollar night with an escort) in recognition of the financial security he provided her - after all, it seems like from her end at least, the marriage was mostly transactional. She should want to pay her debt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Liked it, I think. It was an interesting take.

PervertedKnightPervertedKnightover 1 year ago

2 stars. I agree 100 percent with the comments from LenardSpencer, Nasty56, Tajfa, Twentyseven, and several Anonymous commenters--the wife is just a horrible excuse of a person and the Prince Charming husband is too unbelievable in his actions. No husband would go to a hotel in such a situation--he would have immediately confronted the bitch and demanded to know what was going on and then proceeded to contact a divorce attorney. As for the bitch, who cares--she is a selfish piece of trash.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He's a SIMP, she IS a Gold Digger, the only way to prove me wrong is to show me the paperwork where she signs off getting anything in the divorce...... No? that's what I thought!

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

I don’t remember a whore taking on a magical Jamal in any of O’Henry’s writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Were these two ever anything other than fuck buddys? Sure she was a gold digger but did he ever think of her as anything more than a comfort woman? By the nonchalant way he let her go it looks like he saw her as easily replaceable with another model. Nicely told story. 5/5.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAdoringYou@AdoringYou
Hello. I'm Author and Illustrator Dani Aart. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about me. If you have any request or suggestion for a new story or piece of artwork, if you'd like to comment on something you've already seen or made, I'd truly love to hear from you. ...