Two Strangers in a Bar

Story Info
A brief encounter leads to more...
967 words
4.18
3.4k
1

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/15/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So there we were, looking across from each other at the hotel bar. Tuesday night was my favorite night to come here. There was usually a live performer who showed up every week on this night with an electric piano and a collection of great seventies soft rock songs. He was currently performing Billy Joel's "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" beautifully, setting the mood for the moment at hand.

Our eyes casually danced back and forth with each other as you fidgeted on your bar stool, talking and laughing with the woman you'd arrived with. I'd assumed you are both longtime friends who don't regularly get to spend much time with each other, so you try to catch up whenever possible. You appeared to save just enough attention to steal frequent glances at me leaning against the opposite end of the teak bar.

I didn't come here to do anything except listen to the music and enjoy a drink or two in public, by myself. Sometimes I liked to people-watch and enjoy the energy of a social setting without being social. I couldn't seem to keep my eyes off of you. Drawn to you like a magnet, I had to make a deliberate effort not to stare. You were gorgeous.

I started contemplating the specific details about the beautiful woman at the far end of the bar. I appreciated the time that you took to try to look as close to perfect as possible, even if it was just for an opportunity to visit with your good friend who could care less if you'd shown up in sweats and running shoes. Instead, you had done your hair and makeup as if you knew I would be watching you and admiring you tonight. Every brown hair was in place. Not a complex hairdo, the curls were loose and flowing yet they framed your delicate face as if you'd spent hours placing each individual hair. Your makeup was simple but accentuated your defined delicate bone structure and showcased brilliant blue eyes that sparkled when you laughed at something your friend said. You were wearing a colorfully printed knee-length wrap dress made of a silky material which clung to your shape, modestly exposing your exquisite figure. Thin strapped black heels set the whole ensemble off and made your calves pop whenever you'd push your stool around to speak to the bar tender.

It looked like the two of you were enjoying the margarita drink special being featured tonight. Your glasses were getting low, so I told the bartender that you and your friend were drinking on my tab tonight...but to keep that information to himself. I just wanted you to stay as long as possible and enjoy the night. You would be the only reason that I might stay longer, if only to admire you from afar. Your wedding ring told me to assume nothing about you and to keep my distance. Sometimes girls just want to have fun without the company of men, and I can appreciate that.

When your friend ordered your next round, the bartender must have informed her that an anonymous patron had picked up the check for the night because she leaned in to say something to you and started assessing the crowd. You said nothing back to her but instead immediate looked in my direction and winked at me. I smiled briefly and blushed. I held up my Stoli's on the rocks in a mock toast before taking a sip and looking away. Busted... I was too obvious, I supposed. I didn't really mind. It could've been worse. You could have just ignored me or sent the drinks back.

I continued to quietly observe you from my perch before I decided to walk outside to catch a little fresh air. I'd have to walk directly past you to do that.

As I walked casually towards the door, you took notice and scooted forward onto your stool, holding your drink glass in one hand and your straw in the other. As I got closer, you sipped from the straw and locked your eyes on me. You smiled and blessed me with another wink before giving me a once over from my shoes to my face. Blushing again, I returned the smile and sauntered past. Reaching the door, I exited the lounge and just stood outside, escaping the usual smoke and bar noise just for a bit. I grinned to myself over the special moment such a beautiful lady had gifted me with. If nothing else happened tonight, this moment had made a perfect finish to a perfect day.

"Well hello stranger", came the first words either of us had ever spoke to one another as you glided out behind me...

Startled slightly, I turned back towards you. You were standing there grinning and lightly biting your lip, arms loosely folded. Now, it was my turn to look you over. Starting at your feet, my eyes panned up, appreciating the sight before me. One of your legs was kicked forward as you rested a majority of your weight on the other. Your dress allowed me to imagine what was underneath it without actually seeing it directly. The wrap design encouraged the neckline to drop low enough to show skin, only hinting at the cleavage just behind the edges of the silky fabric. Your chin dropped slightly as you peered at me through the tops of your eyes, almost hidden by the wisps and loosely gathered curls of your dark hair. The lack of good lighting muted the blueness of them. You stood there grinning at me as you spoke again. This time, you were more forward and confidently inquired, "Well? Aren't you going to say anything? Maybe an introduction? I'll start. Hi! My name is Judy."