Unbelievable Pt. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You leave school grounds; I will have to write you up as..."

"I got this, honey," Katherine said in a loving tone as she placed a hand on John's right arm when she knew the woman was pushing John's buttons. For what reason she couldn't say, however, she was going to put a stop to it. "You and Janus just head to the car. I'll be right behind you," she stated with a warm smile.

"Hey, Johnny," Annie said happily from the open window of the passenger side. Noting how John's eyes were running over her face. "See anything you like?" she purred in a lustful tone. The wedding band on her left finger might not be much to some people who base their marriage on how big of a rock is on it. To her, the two small diamonds that surrounded the slightly larger one that was embedded in the gold band were all that she needed to show off her love for the man she's pinned away for, for five long years. Janus' was the same with the same number of diamonds. The two smaller ones represented her and Annie, while the middle represented John and how it would take both of them to protect him from the uncaring world. That their love would help to bring out the traits of the boy she once knew before Raven Dale got their hands on him.

"Maybe," Johnny muttered, feeling his cheeks heating.

Annie just smiled widely at the sight of those rosy cheeks. Something that John rarely did due to his trauma at the hands of people who were meant to help yet proved to be some of the vilest people on the planet. Resting her arm along the door as she leaned slightly against it just to show off the tops of her 46DDs to her brother's eyes. Her raven hair lightly jostled in the sweet breeze that was flowing through the window. Allowing the enticing perfume she had worn to lull John into a sense of belonging. Plus, to Annie's thinking, it never hurt to show her man just what would always be his.

"You ready for this weekend? I know I am," Annie uttered sinfully. Reaching out, lightly taking hold of the front of John's shirt, gently pulling him into the side of the car. Smoothing out the front of his shirt, she's been waiting all day to feel him beneath her touch. "I've missed you."

"Oh?"

'Mmmhmm, I know Janus missed you too," Annie answered, watching how Janus draped her arm along John's shoulders. Noting how Janus' lips lightly traced along John's jaw line. Something she knew was Janus' own way of showing her affection to him when they were in public. "So hop in, then we'll have all night to let those hands wander," she said with a lift of her eyebrows and a flirty smile.

"I'll just put this in the back for you, Johnny," Janus uttered sweetly as she took his bookbag from him after he got settled into his seat. Seeing his genuine smile appearing on his lips, which rarely happened, she knew he forced his smile when he didn't feel like it. So, years ago, she told him if he didn't feel like smiling, then don't force it. She would know when he was doing so. Her own smile lifted the corners of her lips as she leaned in, getting her kiss in. Her fingernails tickled John's chin as she pulled away. She didn't care if anyone thought their relationship was wrong. That it wouldn't work due to John's illness and his age. What they thought didn't matter, they couldn't say a damn thing anyway since John was over eighteen, and like hell, anyone was going to take the father of her miracle child away from her. Turning her head towards the entrance to John's high school as Katherine marched out, clearly not happy with what was discussed. "Everything okay?" Janus asked, concerned; she didn't want anything to mar this weekend when she knew John was going to need it for the tribulation ahead.

"Don't worry about it," Katherine muttered, walking around the rear of Janus' SUV. "Just someone sticking their nose where it didn't belong," she said offhandedly. Her mood brightened considerably when she opened the rear driver's side door as her son's eyes fell on her.

"Gave the nagging woman a thrashing, did you?" Johnny asked in a teasing manner.

"Of course I did," Katherine said, wiggling her butt into her seat with her nose in the air. "No one bad mouths my babies, no one," she uttered, taking on a protective tone. Feeling the corner of her lip lifting as she peered out of the corner of her eye.

"Does Dad know about this side of you?" Johnny asked inquisitively.

"Mmmhmm, why don't you like it?" Katherine asked as Janus pulled away from the curb. Smiling widely at how bashful John got as he looked away. Noting how Annie had pulled out her phone and brought up a song that she had played on the jukebox in Billy Bob's Dairyland restaurant. "Play the guitar, play it again... My Johnny." Her light cadence filled the interior as she sang along.

"Maybe you're cold. But you're so warm... Inside..." Annie sang, joining in.

"I was always a fool... For my Johnny," Janus cut in her sweet voice, adding to the two of theirs. "For the one, they call... Johnny Guitar." Peering at him in her rearview mirror, seeing that cute, bashful look of his in his eyes. She personally thought John was adorable with those blushing cheeks of his.

"What if you go... What if you stayed... I love you," Katherine sang, meaning every word she spoke. Her heart fluttered as John turned his head to gaze at her, noting how he studied her face. "But you if you're cruel. You can be kind. I know." The three of them sang in harmony as the song continued on. "No matter what comes our way, we are never leaving you, never again," she whispered as she reached over, taking John's hand into hers. So very happy they had reached this point in their relationship that was steadily improving due to the years John had locked himself away. Not that she could blame him. Returning to a house full of strangers in his mind. Forced to live with them like nothing ever happened. However, now, now they knew the truth of what happened to him in that horrid place. Katherine was going to do her damnedest to ensure that her son never has to face that in his life, not while she was alive. "Oh, it's your Dad; I better take this," Katherine spoke, noting her husband's caller ID on the screen of her phone. "Hi, honey?!"

"Hey. So are you four on the road?" Katherine heard the sadness in his voice, knowing they rarely spent a night or two away from one another.

"Mmmhmm, Janus just pulled onto the interstate. Don't worry, Brandan, we'll be back Sunday night," Katherine said, smiling into her phone as she brushed her thumb along the back of John's hand. Remembering the time when he wouldn't even allow anyone to touch him. That still happened, at least with people he didn't know or like; nevertheless, with them... how wonderous it was for Katherine to just simply hug her son after five years John's kept them at arms' length.

"But..."

"Brandan, I know you're going to miss me; no need to pout," Katherine teased, hearing Janus chuckling in front of her. Granted, she did not like how Janus came into their lives, still, with everything going on, Bill's and Ruth's wedding, John's constant battle with his mind, Ray's and Wanda's deepening relationship. It was nice to have another woman her age around just to talk to. She knew Janus took John's health and mental well-being very seriously. Otherwise, she would have never allowed Janus near her son. Looking at John oddly when he gestured that he wanted to talk to his father. Something he hardly did unless he was asked specifically for.

"Dad?" Brandan's eyes widened at the sound of his son's voice. He knew how rare it was to get John on the phone.

"Hey, buddy, how was your day?" Brandan asked in a fatherly tone.

"You know how high school is," Johnny spoke, looking out his window and watching the world whizzing by them. "Idiots being idiots for the most part."

"True, I do remember my school years." Katherine bit her lip, knowing how this was so unlike their son, or the son that came out of that nightmare. She knew John would be forever changed by that place. Yet, that didn't stop her from wanting to hold onto the past to happier times; what mother doesn't want to remember the good years of her son's life and not the quagmire that people made of it. She knew Brandan was elated, too; what father doesn't want to have a special connection with his son(s).

"Well, you shouldn't worry too much. All we're going to do is work on the baby room... and possibly ogle Mom sunbathing nude, amongst other things," Johnny said, joking around for the first time in many years. Noting how his mother's right hand shot to her mouth, her fingertips lightly pressing on her lips.

"Now see here, young man, it's unwise to torment your father with all that... skin."

"See, that just makes it sound so... creepy. Didn't know you perved out on Mom like that. I wonder how she will take that," Johnny mused, tapping his chin as he tilted his head back. Not seeing the huge grin that Annie shot Kathrine, knowing this was one of the few good days in John's mood, granted those days were growing, yet they would always celebrate the news of it, no matter how trivial.

"Have you seen your mother, son? That woman is fire?!"

"I don't know, Dad. I think Janus is just as equally hot," Johnny stated, looking over when Kathrine lightly slapped his left arm.

"Thank you, baby. I am indeed hot," Janus purred.

"What about me, Johnny?" Annie asked, eager not to be left out.

"You're right up there, too," Johnny agreed, knowing the fire storm he would start if he didn't say so. "Although, if Mom packed that black number, you're going to have to step up your game," he said, slyly noting how his mother's face was becoming flush with heat.

"Alright, true; Janus and your sister are up there..."

"Do I hear jealousy in your voice, Dad?"

"I'm not even going to answer that..."

"That's a yes; what a boy's weekend, not what you were after?"

"Honey, don't tease your Dad too much. Not his fault that he's at home while you jet off with over half the women in the family. Leaving your Dad all alone in that bed," Kathrine teased, knowing her husband could hear her.

"Woe is me; now my wife is in cahoots with my son?!"

"Well, Dad, there is always the option of going silently into the night," Johnny countered.

"You wound me, son. So cold," Brandan said, playing up his act. All the while, elation was running rampant in his mind knowing his son hadn't acted like this with him in five long years. Praying that this good mood of John's would carry over for the rest of the weekend. He honestly did want to just sit down and joke around with his son, just like they used to. Hearing his wife's giggle over the line. "Well, I'll let you go, son; I hope whatever you need to do isn't too difficult for you. But you know I'm only a call away. I'd be happy to drive up and lend a hand if you need it."

"I might," Johnny muttered, knowing he was nearly useless with tools. It was only because his father showed him how to do things that he didn't look like a complete moron when working in the yard back at their house.

"Oh? Tell me, Johnny. What seems to be the problem?"

"Just minor things around Janus' house..."

"Our house, don't you forget that?!" Janus cut in.

"She wants to hire a handyman, but I think it's a waste of money when I think I can do it myself... but..."

"Ah. I see, you know you're mother, and I was like this, her wanting to hire someone, me just getting it done without the extra expense. Well, that is a big house for just one person. I'm sure there are a few things that have popped up over the years. I'm assuming you were also inferring to baby-proofing the house?"

"Mmmhmm."

"I know you wanted this weekend for you three; I get that. Not many couples want hangers-on when they're trying to be... well, a couple. But it would be no trouble for me to pack the tools up and head up there. Just to make sure the house is in good condition before the baby comes. When she does, well, you won't have much time to see to the house."

"You sure?"

"Of course, I'm sure, Johnny." A sense of fatherly pride washed over him when his son was asking for help. Brandan might not be able to fix his son, yet he could help to relieve some of the stress John was under. He knew his son took Janus' welfare and their baby's welfare seriously. Even if it was tiny, he would shoulder that burden for his son.

"Hold on." Katherine watched as John spoke to Janus and Annie, really spoke to them and not talked past them like he used to do with them. Wondering how Brandan was acting at that moment when months ago John wouldn't have a thing to do with them. She knew it was a slow process, and she wasn't trying to force the issue. She knew that doing so would just alienate her son further from her and the rest of the family. That was not something she was going to put up with. If she had to wade through the molasses to win a place back in her son's life, those standing in her way better be damn sure they're ready to face a mother's wrath. "Okay, if you want to come up, I'd appreciate the help."

"Consider me already on the road. We'll get started bright and early," Brandan said; he had already been packing up his briefcase and was about to cut out early since it was only one-thirty. He knew if he hurried, he could beat most of the lake traffic to their lake house and be there by six.

"I'll be ready... maybe you can help me with a little project while we're at it," Johnny said, not used to asking anyone for help. It was rather strange for him after the past five years. Yet, he was trying to follow what Dr. Copper had said to him.

"Sure, Johnny, if it can be handled by the two of us, we'll take a look at it in the morning," Brandan said with a smile on his face. Joy burned in his heart that while, yes, John needed help with things he had no knowledge in, it was the fact that his son had asked him for it. Not him or Kathrine having to pull it out of him like they used to have to do to figure out what was wrong with him. "Hey?"

"Yeah?" Johnny answered when they were about to end their call.

"What do you say about if I stopped at that BBQ joint near there, and we have dinner together?"

"The one with the sauce?" Johnny asked, his eyes glanced over to Janus, whose stomach rumbled. Since she hit the fourth month of her pregnancy, she's been constantly hungry. Something his mother had informed him that it was because of the baby since she was eating for two, and babies need a lot of fuel to build their bodies while in the womb.

"The very one," Brandan nodded against his phone as he walked out of his office. Telling his secretary that he was gone for the day.

"Sounds good, don't forget the hushpuppies," Johnny warned.

"Oh, never that; your mother would never let me hear the end of it if I did," Brandan chuckled as he walked towards the elevator. "Love you, Johnny; I'll see you soon."

"I... you too," Johnny said, still unable to utter that one simple word. Not because he couldn't or didn't want to, yet after what he had witnessed and was unable to stop what happened to Julia Anders. He just didn't know if he was good enough to utter that phrase. He knew it was illogical to think that, or that is what Dr. Copper had told him. Still, if he couldn't save the girl he was in love with, did he deserve to feel it or express it ever again? John didn't know how to answer his own question.

"It's okay, baby; there's no need to force it. It will come on its own," Katherine said in a loving tone as her hand lightly stroked his arm once she took her phone from him. "I know how I wanted to stay with you three, but you're Dad is going to be all alone..."

"Oh, I have a feeling he won't be alone," Johnny cut in, looking back out his window. However, his mood soured; his eyes narrowed, his jaw was set, his muscles flexed within it at the sight of the sign for Raven Dale as it drew closer.

"I wish they would take down that thing," Annie huffed, with Janus humming in agreement, knowing how it upset her brother every time he saw it.

"Shh, Johnny, I'm here," Kathrine cooed, sliding her arm along his shoulders as his hands beat against his temples to try and drive out the sounds that she could only assume were playing in his head. "Just listen to the sound of my voice; you aren't there, you're never going back there."

"Easy for you to say, I'm always there."

******

Brandan walked with a spring in his step as he ambled toward the parking garage. No one could deny that there wasn't a wide smile on his face as his thumb scrolled up his contact list to Ray's number. "Ray?" Brandan spoke into his phone as he pushed on the handle of the door to lead him to the parking structure.

"Yeah? What's up?"

"I need you to gather up my woodworking tools for me," Brandan said, loosening his tie as he walked towards what used to be Kathrine's car until they traded his in for the van they now had.

"Huh? What's going on? I thought you were at work?" Brandan wondered if he had interrupted a make-out session between his son and Wanda since they were the only ones home due to them not having a class that evening.

"I was, but your brother needs my help up at Janus' lake house," Brandan stated, knowing how that news would perk up his son. He knew how Ray was heartbroken when he, along with Bill and himself, learned that Janus wouldn't be joining their family's activities. Not that he could blame his sons, Janus was a very alluring woman. He knew how his boys had been trying to catch a glimpse of Janus nude. He had heard Bill got a peek at what her left breast looked like. Brandan wondered how John could land such a woman when for as long as they knew her, she seemed standoffish, Pondering if something had happened to her like those men had done to his son as he climbed into his car.

"Does that mean we're going with you?" Brandan heard the hopefulness in Ray's voice.

"I don't know, son. I thought you and Wanda wanted to stay home for the weekend?" Arching his left eyebrow when he heard a rustling over the phone as he started up his car.

"Hey, this is to help Johnny, right?" Brandan's eyebrow inched ever higher when Wanda's voice came over the line.

"Well, it's to help get some minor repairs done before their baby comes, but yes, I guess you could say it is to help Johnny," Brandan muttered as he peered back as he pulled out of his parking space.

"Don't worry; I'll make sure Ray has everything ready for when you get here." Brandan wondered why there was excitement in Wanda's voice. He did faintly remember the moans and groans that had filled his house when she was in John's room. Pulling up Bill's number, knowing his oldest son couldn't join them, seeing how he and Ruth were going to meet some venders for their wedding. It seemed to him that the news that John, Janus, and Annie eloping had put a spur in their side. What was once a slow, drawn-out thing now felt like a formula one race car. Not that he minded, someone was going to have to stay at the house regardless since the contractor that they (meaning him, Kathrine, and Janus) hired was to begin laying the foundation for the connector that would join the two houses. While he was sad that his little boy was moving on with his life or as much as John could given everything. It was still good to see John taking these steps to start his adult life. He also knew Kathrine was happy John was sticking close to home, albeit in the house next door. Brandan, too would have to lump himself into that category. "William?" Using his son's given name when the line connected.

"Sorry, Mr. Masters, he's got his nose so far in his book he didn't even hear it ring." A smile touched his lips at the happy tone in Ruth's voice. It was good to hear that his son wasn't shirking his studies with the stress of wedding planning on his shoulders as well. "Can I ask what this is about?"