All Comments on 'Under Construction Ch. 06'

by BumbleCat

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
DahtjeDahtjealmost 5 years ago
Poor ending

Most of the time I am content with the writers choice on how to end a story, but this time I felt like you wanted to end it, just to get rid of it. There was no suspense building between the fater and kara. Why the hell would Kyle let her be alone with her father? Whilst he knows what he does. The mother being so naive is just stupidly written, she must know or have a gut feeling. And ending the story on her being pregnant? That's also a weird loophole. Especially the cliffhanger 'who is the father, I think it's clear why she didn't tell kyle, because she doesn't know who is. And that her character is completely 'broken' and she doesn't smile anymore is also stupid.

Oh and just saying, Holland isn't a country, those are Provinces. I think you ment the Netherlands.

I absolutely loved the first few chapters. Her in his apartment was absolutely my favorite. I just hope that for the next time you will also think of the readers and their hopes with this story and not just your own feelings of wanting to be done with it, because you messed up. You can always take more time with writing, quality over quantity.

Ellienora35Ellienora35almost 5 years ago
No! No no no!

This cannot be the end. This has to be the penultimate chapter. We need to see if she keeps away from him or if Ken apologizes. We need one more chapter to see if they are happily ever after or happily never after. I would be fine with another chapter that says three years later, where Kyle is picking up his kid they co-parent because she never got back together but Kyle keeps hoping. Or I would be glad to see them at the cottage, but Kara slaps Ken across the face and tells him if he touches her again, she’ll turn him in for rape and have the baby’s DNA tested. But this can’t be the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
WTH?

I have loved all of the installments in this series—you're a talented writer, and your work is miles better than most of the dreck I read here, to the point that I've been coming to the site for the sole purpose of seeing whether you'd posted new Kara-and-Kyle chapters—but this was just...depressing. A weird, sad, awful way to end such a joyous thing. Please reconsider and give this pair the ending they deserve.

BumbleCatBumbleCatalmost 5 years agoAuthor
I'm open to ideas

I honestly ended it this way because I seriously can't please everyone. (These stories get both one star and five stars, rarely other scores, so some people clearly hate them and some people love them.) So the ending leaves people an opportunity to decide how they think Kara should handle it. However, I am open to writing a coda if people want it. Let me know what you think should happen and I'll see what I can dream up.

Thanks to all

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
It's Different

I don't usually write comments here.

I really liked this series until the end. The father doesn't really feel like a character to me. A two bit racist that this family just seems to accept and let him rape their spouses without consequence?

If Kyle truly cared for Kara and wanted to be with her why would he ever bring her to meet his father. A man who ruined his last relationship? Kyle obviously knows who and what his father is.

I thought Kyle was to rough in the first chapter but fleshed out as you continued.

Thank you for sharing this story. Write how you feel the characters would go. I just hope you weren't trying to end it just to end it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
It got one star because you had her taped and orgasming.

You have one or the other, not both. And you made Kyle a stalker, there are LAWS against that and I can’t believe she wouldn’t have called the cops.

As for the baby, we all know it’s his dads, that means she’s carrying his half-brother.

You want to redeem your little story, have her sue his dad, her rapist, for child support. How Kyles mom, has a breakdown because she always knew the truth of her husbands philandering. Describe the breakup of the family as the truth is revealed and if Kyle thinks she should forgive him, then maybe he should find out what it’s like to be raped by a man and tell us how quickly he should “get over it.”

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Please don't try to please everyone

I enjoyed your writing. Please don't take people's ratings/comments to heart and give up. Writing is a lot like art - you likely won't be able to please everyone - what really matters is what you deem to be improvement.

LadyJaneDoeLadyJaneDoealmost 5 years ago

Pleeeeeeeeease write another one!!! I must know what happens with the now three of them!!! I have been checking for a new installment every day and it definitely did not disappoint!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Would love to see more

Please write more. That's a horrible place to end it. Don't try to please everyone. If they don't like it, they don't have to read it. Don't let their negativity bring you down

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
More!

Please write more! I love this story. Please continue writing! I need to know what happens next!

nthusiasticnthusiasticalmost 5 years ago
You Write Well, Please Keep Writing!

You have the mechanics of writng down well, better than most on this site. I agree it's much better to plan the entire story from the beginning so you won't write yourself into a corner. It's better to change a plan than not to have one at all.

It seemed you weren't quite sure what kind of story you wanted, perhaps that's why your characters kept flipflopplng around inconsistently. For example, Kyle warning her not to be alone with his father, yet off he goes shopping leaving her defenseless. Or all the many times he endangered her employment by forcing her into dangerous situations, those are not the actions of soleone who can be trusted. It's fine in non-consent, but then don't be surprised if she doesn't want him involved in raising her child considering he's just as bad as his father. Remember he was planning on sharing her anyway?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Like father, like son

Son raped her despite her Nos. His father raped and abused her despite her Nos.

Worse, entire family knew of the serial rapist father who raped all women in his family, still CHOSE to offer another girl to him, only to say sorry and turn up with roses as justice. WTF!

Why did this girl to pursue things with the rapist guy who spoke of rape and abuse with his office workers. He wanted to be a dominant and enjoyed putting his girl naked in public, fucking while others enjoyed the porn BUT failed to keep these pervert men away from attacking her like his dad. Be sure to provide safety to partner before jumping in to becoming the Master or Public Display of Fucking.

Nice writing btw!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous